Is Gold boost live or not yet? [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• CainCain Member Posts: 559 ★★
    Ace2319 said:

Okay i yield. We did a bunch of openings and while we averaged at 23.6k we compared to screenshots found from 20% gold boost where it was averaged at 21.9k so yeah i guess its not as bad as miike explains it

I averaged out to 24.7 a crystal and mine said a minimum of 19.5k a crystal
    Same
  • MBoguszMBogusz Member Posts: 98 ★★

Alright, everybody! We've just pushed the change live, so the change to Gold amounts should be live within the next hour.

This change will revert the drop rates of the crystals to the old ones, and increase all gold payouts by 30% instead of the current system.

This should not change how much Gold players got from opening many crystals, but we are going to verify to make sure that is correct. We will look at the gold payouts before and after the change early next week, and determine if there is any action required.

Thank you all for pointing this out, and we apologize for this situation and confusion.

And for those who already opened?

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,785 ★★★★★
    Badass84 said:

Spunjiee said:

So now that this is going to be implemented correctly, Please provide compensation to the people who popped crystals based on your "its live now" post @Kabam Miike

Make this right.

I Don't think it is possible to compensate
    This is the start of more bigger problem now
    How they gonna know who opened how many crystals

Even if they send fixed Compansation to everyone this is no solution
    Some people Opened 100 crystals while some opened 1000 of them

I myself opened more than 4k
    Looks like those who opened crystals are just gonna get ****.
    Why should they even compensate? It's written "wait after the ingame message"
    There isn't any ingame message yet, so everybody who opened crystals just opened crystals. That's it.
    Do everyone lives in forums...Where is the in-game mail stating to wait before opening the crystals.
    Btw I have not opened a single one yet, I have ~700 ucgc
  • RoyalRose1510RoyalRose1510 Member Posts: 22
    Badass84 said:

Spunjiee said:

So now that this is going to be implemented correctly, Please provide compensation to the people who popped crystals based on your "its live now" post @Kabam Miike

Make this right.

I Don't think it is possible to compensate
    This is the start of more bigger problem now
    How they gonna know who opened how many crystals

Even if they send fixed Compansation to everyone this is no solution
    Some people Opened 100 crystals while some opened 1000 of them

I myself opened more than 4k
    Looks like those who opened crystals are just gonna get ****.
    Why should they even compensate? It's written "wait after the ingame message"
    There isn't any ingame message yet, so everybody who opened crystals just opened crystals. That's it.
    Maybe you are referring about the post last week to wait ingame
    But why they posted here that gold boost is live ? Can u explain

This is stupidity how a player know if kabam team is saying that boost is gone live and after few hours they just changed totally
    I opened crystals bcuz of post that mention - Boost are now live and u get 30% boost overall not in a single crystal open.

And if u referring abt In-game message
    There is still no in-game msg coming from kabam regarding gold boost is live
    Even after @Mike post.
    So u will not gonna open crystal ?? 🤣😂 until u get ingame msg.
  • Jeromix_2ndJeromix_2nd Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2021
    Wow. Now this is what one calls 'a hiccup' :tongue: Could this whole mess had been avoided by using other wording?
    1. we will make changes to gold crystal drop rates so your average yield will most likely see a significant increase
    2. we will message you in-game in a few days once the implementation of this change will be complete (=without the unfortunate mention of specific date and hour)
    But let's be fair. Customer-facing roles are not very rewarding and one is much more likely to earn a smack on the head rather than a pat on the shoulder ;) Everyone makes mistakes, this one will end up in memes rivalling the 'Kabam potato servers' for years to come, that's for sure :lol: At least the team obviously acted quite quickly to solve the disaster ASAP.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Member Posts: 518 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    Seems the Update is now working. Thank you to Kabam Miike and the rest of the team for listening to our pleas and (sometimes whiny) cries for help XD.

Now....can we talk about that trade in store offers?...>_>
  • DarkZenDarkZen Member Posts: 285
    Is gold boost now live as still not received ingame message
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    edited December 2021
    Glad I decided not to open anything until I saw a message or icon showing a boost. Swing and a miss this week. I would like some sort of confirmation though that this change did occur now.
  • CJLCJL Member Posts: 30
    Soo is this working correctly now? Can anyone confirm?
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    CJL said:

Soo is this working correctly now? Can anyone confirm?

I can't because I opened all of mine hours ago.
  • JMartin5437JMartin5437 Member Posts: 19
    Hosed by believing what was said here, opened earlier believing it was live…..smh.
  • GruzzlrGruzzlr Member Posts: 10
    Pikolu said:

2StarKing said:

This is not right! I feel I have been scammed! Today I averaged 24K per crystal from 743 Uncollected Gold Crystals. I got 17,803,500 gold. In the summer during the gold boost 800 or so Uncollected Gold Crystals gave me 40 million gold.

A guy opened 300 UC gold crystals with the gold boost during the summer and got 6.6mil. Not sure how you're able to get more than double his amount of gold per crystal
    743 is more than 300*2 (600)...
  • DarkZenDarkZen Member Posts: 285

Alright, everybody! We've just pushed the change live, so the change to Gold amounts should be live within the next hour.

This change will revert the drop rates of the crystals to the old ones, and increase all gold payouts by 30% instead of the current system.

This should not change how much Gold players got from opening many crystals, but we are going to verify to make sure that is correct. We will look at the gold payouts before and after the change early next week, and determine if there is any action required.

Thank you all for pointing this out, and we apologize for this situation and confusion.

Its been over an hour. Can you confirm its now live ?
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Member Posts: 3,324 ★★★★★
    Awawag said:

When did they say that the boost would be "rng" depentant? I didn't see that stated. This is bg, Kabam!

There are 2 ways to do this 30% boost:

1) Flat 30% increase to each outcome to increase expected value by 30%
    2) Increase expected value by 30% by changing the outcomes and/or rate of each outcome

Let's take a look a what each of those means with a simple (albeit extreme) example:
    I have no idea what the actual numbers are so this is purely for the purpose of demonstration

Old system:
    2400 gold = 50% chance
    5000 gold = 40% chance
    10000 gold = 10% chance
    expected value = 4200 gold

A flat 30% increase would mean:
    3120 gold = 50% chance
    6500 gold = 40% chance
    13000 gold = 10% chance
    expected value = 5460 gold (30% increase)

Now the second way to increase the EV is:
    2400 gold = 50% chance
    5000 gold = 40% chance
    10000 gold = 9% chance
    136000 gold = 1% chance
    expected value = 5460 gold (30% increase)

Since Kabam has said that it's not a flat 30% increase to each crystal, we can assume it's the second option. Again, my example here is very extreme, but you can see how in both cases, we end up with a 30% increase in the expected amount of gold earned.

Now that question is do we want that 1% chance to hit the jackpot or do we just want the guaranteed 30% increase from option 1? I think we've made our opinions pretty clear here.
    It’s not necessary for them to add a jackpot though, it is possible to alter the drop chances so that the weighted sum gives a 30% increase. Of course, this method would still not help EVERYONE because it's statistics, probability and confirmation bias, there would be a significant number of people who see no perceivable change. However Miike has said that they will make it 30% across the board, which is obviously amazing. @Awawag
  • King_eWinKing_eWin Member Posts: 6

@Kabam Miike thank you for the assistance and understanding the issue. The individuals that opened the crystals with the bad rates instead of the flat 30% will need to be compensated though. I do not believe everyone in the game opened gold during that time but there were some (myself included) please ensure they do not take the lazy way out and do averages as they tried to do with the gold crystal (i.e. person 1 opened 1 crystal person 2 opened 400 crystals they both get a compensation of 200 - the average) as you can guess how unfair that is to person 400. There might not be an easy way to fix but one way might be to take one of the people that opened the most crystals and see how far they were off of the 30% and just give that to everyone (if you want to take an easier way out) or look at the worst rate person with the most crystals and just take the gold they missed out as the compensation to everyone (worse that will do is give everyone the same rewards but it won’t be debatable as that was the lowest rate with the most crystals so no one had a better shot at more gold (no one feels cheated). Good luck with this as between this and the 6* AG this week was only half planned correctly (thanks for the calendar though!). Concerned summoner
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Member Posts: 3,415 ★★★★★
    So is the boost live now ??
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Member Posts: 619 ★★★
    Gruzzlr said:

Pikolu said:

2StarKing said:

This is not right! I feel I have been scammed! Today I averaged 24K per crystal from 743 Uncollected Gold Crystals. I got 17,803,500 gold. In the summer during the gold boost 800 or so Uncollected Gold Crystals gave me 40 million gold.

A guy opened 300 UC gold crystals with the gold boost during the summer and got 6.6mil. Not sure how you're able to get more than double his amount of gold per crystal
    743 is more than 300*2 (600)...
    I think what they’re saying is 6mil*2 is not 40mil
  • CangaceiroCangaceiro Member Posts: 429
    @Kabam Miike can we get something done about this?
    MBogusz said:

And for those who already opened?

• MudDragonMudDragon Member Posts: 10
    A CHANCE of increased gold is no guarantee. The language in the announcement compared the 30% increase to the 20% increase from previous events. This implies a guaranteed flat rate of 20%. Not only is it making things difficult when you add chance to the mix, but since some people will have poor luck it will appear to them that your promise of 30% was deceitful.
  • JH_bruv02JH_bruv02 Member Posts: 3

ChriissR said:

2StarKing said:

The Gold increase has gone live (in fact, it went live before 10). I'm not good at math, but the changes were made to give an approximate 30% boost across all crystals.

AFAIK: On a 1 to 1 crystal rate, it wouldn't look like much of an increase, but opening a bunch of them will net out to that increase.

I'm gonna get somebody much better at math to explain this though, so stay tuned on exactly how this works.

Please do get a better explanation because the previous explaination was a 30% per crystal not over a batch of crystals.
    It is 30% per crystal. 30% of 1 crystal is barely anything, that's what he in stating. If you get 10k Gold and it's a 30% boost, you'll get 13k. Opening a few hundred you will actually notice the boost. That's what Mike is talking about.

Except it’s not 30% per crystal. If that were the case, the minimum would have increased by 30%. We can clearly see it hasn’t. They seemingly did something with the odds to “average out to a 30% increase” which is why people are mad. They made it seem as if they’d do a flat 30% increase to all crystals, just like the old boost did at 20%.
    Can you explain why this is worse? I'd like to take that to the team. If the increase is to odds to give you more gold, I'm not sure why that's worse than just a plain boost to gold if it averages out to the same thing.
    If you increase the odds to give out more gold in arena crystals. People opening them would get way less units. You just nerfed arena crystals
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,299 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

Update: I spoke to the team about the confusion here and the expectations. We get the confusion and are going to make changes to just do the 30% update across all good pools instead of trying to make work.

More details soon!

Hoorayyy thank you..
    Man the ammount of ppl that are going to ask to be compensated for opened crystals wont be a joke...
    Though i don't like topics of compensation but this confusion made many players to open crystals. I opened 180 UC myself. So many players are going to upset , as they have hoard again for the benefits which were supposed to get on first hand. I'm gonna sit and see how people actually reacts to it 😂
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Member Posts: 894 ★★★
    I opened 1 crystal and only got 100 more. So I definitely need compensation after reading what happened.

Actually I opened about 13+ million gold from gold crystals and arena tokens based of on the forum go live state statement. I just read through the rest of this. Hopefully it was 30% or better with the rng.

This is why I fully back governments requiring true % chance of each reward in gaming "crack crystals" and loot boxes. That way peope know the exact chances. 100% chance of gold with a minimum of X should not be acceptable.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,147 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike you may need to implement an overflow system, or auto open system for gold crystals too above a certain level as now everyone knows hoarding causes server issues and kabam needs to stop hoarding, there needs to be an incentive to stop.

So at the moment, even with the 30% boost, a LOT of people will still hoard in the hope of greater incentives to open them all in the future. A 20% boost on top of this 30% for example.

QED; I'll keep hoarding.
  • LlessurLlessur Member Posts: 488 ★★★

Update: I spoke to the team about the confusion here and the expectations. We get the confusion and are going to make changes to just do the 30% update across all good pools instead of trying to make work.

More details soon!

Thanks! @Kabam Miike
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

@Kabam Miike you may need to implement an overflow system, or auto open system for gold crystals too above a certain level as now everyone knows hoarding causes server issues and kabam needs to stop hoarding, there needs to be an incentive to stop.

So at the moment, even with the 30% boost, a LOT of people will still hoard in the hope of greater incentives to open them all in the future. A 20% boost on top of this 30% for example.

QED; I'll keep hoarding.

“Everyone” may believe because certain people helped perpetuate that myth but it’s not at all how it works. Like Miike tell you himself.

Hey there! Some insight: It's not people holding on to a large number of crystals that is a lot of Data, it's the number of Crystals that exist. This is why we do a large opening of crystals every now and then on outdated crystals, so we can remove them from the game files when it's done.

It's not a problem that somebody might have 2000 of 1 Crystal, it's that somebody might have 1 of 2000 different crystals, and even then it's not based on how many any Summoner has... just that the data exists.

Disclaimer: I am not an engineer, and this is my rudimentary understanding of the situation.

• Putsie18Putsie18 Member Posts: 2
    I still don't see the gold boost active, restarted game and device. Still no luck :(
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,101 ★★★★★
    What is the actual status quo? Is it active now?