The current BG is designed like a disaster

1235»

Comments

• altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    edited August 2023
    Matty_Ice said:

Yeah, that's the definition of a strawman. Moving on, buds.

That's been the argument all along. If you feel that you deserve to be higher, without actually getting better at the game and/or improving your roster, then that means that you feel that all those people who are beating you in Gold deserve to lose. You either don't understand or accept that reality.
    So you see no issue with this season? Just magically a large amount of the player base lost the skill at the game to advance to the GC? GC has the lowest players it’s had in at least 4 seasons.
    One of the things that makes this season different from the previous seasons, is the Legends celebration. Personally, this season I have spent much less time in BGs as I focus on the Legends Arena and the BrutalDLX challenge, and the Incursion SQ.

That could potentially explain some of the dip in GC player counts.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,503 ★★★★★
    I said I'm done. You can agree or disagree. We'll see what the final result is.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,498 ★★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

That's been the argument all along. If you feel that you deserve to be higher, without actually getting better at the game and/or improving your roster, then that means that you feel that all those people who are beating you in Gold deserve to lose. You either don't understand or accept that reality.
    So you see no issue with this season? Just magically a large amount of the player base lost the skill at the game to advance to the GC? GC has the lowest players it’s had in at least 4 seasons.
    Increasing difficulty is not magic. As I said before, maybe Kabam's data showed that people were getting too many rewards and decided to change it this way.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★
    altavista said:

Matty_Ice said:

Just wondering, how do you know GC has the lowest amount of players in 4 seasons?

One of the things that makes this season different from the previous seasons, is the Legends celebration. Personally, this season I have spent much less time in BGs as I focus on the Legends Arena and the BrutalDLX challenge, and the Incursion SQ.
    You can go to the rankings and see where players are ranked at. Saturday’s lowest tier with players was arcane 2. I’ve made GC every season since season 6 and have always been in uru once entering. I make it in normally with 2 weeks left to play.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

No, I don't see an issue with this season. The issue was the previous 9 seasons of giving a free pass to low players. With seeding, they had to add the levels so low players couldn't just cruise to the CG and start in Plat 1 every season. Now you have all those low players crying about not being able to progress instead of just getting better so that they con compete in BGs.

Matty_Ice said:

Increasing difficulty is not magic. As I said before, maybe Kabam's data showed that people were getting too many rewards and decided to change it this way.
    We won’t know the answer to this, but what is the goal of BG? Is it for a good amount of people to be able to make it to GC or is GC a select club for the elite of the elite? If Kabam wants GC to be more of the latter, then a lot of paragon’s will probably quit playing the mode due to large amount of time and energy needed to grind it.

Matty_Ice said:

No, I don't see an issue with this season. The issue was the previous 9 seasons of giving a free pass to low players. With seeding, they had to add the levels so low players couldn't just cruise to the CG and start in Plat 1 every season. Now you have all those low players crying about not being able to progress instead of just getting better so that they con compete in BGs.
    I’m not wanting a free pass, but even as a paragon player I have no desire to go through the grind of Diamond 1->vibranium 3. You are welcome to your opinion of only the best of the best should advance to the GC, but that will eventually kill the mode. There needs to be a balance between the effort/skill/time needed to make it. My opinion is this is not the balance.
    Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

We won’t know the answer to this, but what is the goal of BG? Is it for a good amount of people to be able to make it to GC or is GC a select club for the elite of the elite? If Kabam wants GC to be more of the latter, then a lot of paragon’s will probably quit playing the mode due to large amount of time and energy needed to grind it.
    The purpose are rewards, its the only purpose which is why URU 3 cut off is at 999,999,999.
    People are upset cause they can get those rewards easily.
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Member Posts: 638 ★★★
    edited August 2023
    Vibranium ranks should be 3-4-5 wins, what a waste of time

Gladiator circuit is empty.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

I’m not wanting a free pass, but even as a paragon player I have no desire to go through the grind of Diamond 1->vibranium 3. You are welcome to your opinion of only the best of the best should advance to the GC, but that will eventually kill the mode. There needs to be a balance between the effort/skill/time needed to make it. My opinion is this is not the balance.
    Yeah, but it won't. The rewards in BGs are too good for enough people to quit that it will affect the top players. Especially now with the seeding, I'm never going to be below Plat 1 again so anyone who gets stuck in a tier below Plat 1 quitting has zero impact on me. If someone is struggling so much in Gold that they have to quit, then they're not even close to my level.

Getting to the GC should be an accomplishment, not a participation trophy. The harder BGs is the more it will force those who don't run away from competition to improve their roster and skills.

Let the losers quit and leave BGs for those who want to compete.

I don't agree with you on this issue..
    His argument is not that HE should be higher, his argument is that ALL Players should be higher (which is even more ridiculous in a competition), blames it on the 1 coin per win change.
    It could be argued then that those elitist who made it should get higher awards then...

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Yeah, but it won't. The rewards in BGs are too good for enough people to quit that it will affect the top players. Especially now with the seeding, I'm never going to be below Plat 1 again so anyone who gets stuck in a tier below Plat 1 quitting has zero impact on me. If someone is struggling so much in Gold that they have to quit, then they're not even close to my level.

Getting to the GC should be an accomplishment, not a participation trophy. The harder BGs is the more it will force those who don't run away from competition to improve their roster and skills.

I agree with part of what you said. It should be an accomplishment and should be a challenge. Games need challenge to keep players striving for advancement, but there’s a point to that challenge. Time and effort need to also be accounted for. For example, with a 2/3 win rate it would take around 80 matches to make GC this season. At 10 minutes a match that’s 13.3 hours of VT to make GC. If you have lower than a 2/3 win rate, it will be even more time invested.

I will agree to disagree. You won’t change my opinion and I won’t change yours. I just urge you to think outside of only how something affects you personally and consider others as well.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,951 Guardian
    Lets cool down here folks.
    Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

I agree with part of what you said. It should be an accomplishment and should be a challenge. Games need challenge to keep players striving for advancement, but there’s a point to that challenge. Time and effort need to also be accounted for. For example, with a 2/3 win rate it would take around 80 matches to make GC this season. At 10 minutes a match that’s 13.3 hours of VT to make GC. If you have lower than a 2/3 win rate, it will be even more time invested.

I will agree to disagree. You won’t change my opinion and I won’t change yours. I just urge you to think outside of only how something affects you personally and consider others as well.
    Having thoughts on others on a PVP competition?
    This is not a regular game mode, people who compete have used resources to max out champs they will probably never use outside of BGs to later on be considerate of the rewards of other people?
    Top tier alliances should cut their spending whaling out on rosters cause they gotta be considerate of the other alliances they might face?
This discussion has been closed.