**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

BrutalDLX challenge, what did you think?

Dude17Dude17 Posts: 133 ★★
edited August 2023 in General Discussion
Please share in the comments what you liked or disliked most about it. Thanks :)

BrutalDLX challenge, what did you think? 366 votes

5 - Loved it
4%
KeonexFitnesscwMixalisHalleyGhostboytjiePikoluDarth_Caedus1Webhead055TP33DeadpoisdeadGrampaDanRudolph_RaindeerManbatnakash778899QalibZaman 15 votes
4 - Liked it
15%
MasterSmokeDrZolaWorld EaterFeuerschwerAzKicker316Leediman39TerraFrankWhiteAinyHit_me_TwiceSandeepSDarkness275ZsirhcZDRTOBulmktMoosetiptronicGrimXYZKpratish1997doctorbIvarTheBoneless 56 votes
3 - Neutral
27%
Madman_marvinGamerPantherusNZRaganatorPhotimebenshbDrenlinSIlverProfessorccrider474SpeedbumpGK_23phillgreenBillyTheKidMalchaeiscaptaincushAshyKnucklesRayhanIshaqueLilMaddogHTSw0rdMastermanveerthereal 102 votes
2 - Disliked it
27%
SligKaruseusEliOrSomethingEmil_LimsonVegeta9001LJFMagrailothosAzzzm0GuzmaThatGuyYouSaw235Dtl7714tnair2015TangerineBallsLeslie316NukepseudosaneAdvNEXTONredsoxpatsfan89Little_Crocodili29 101 votes
1 - Hated it
20%
MegaSkater67Spity68Ace_03zuffyLeiva_darkBosleyMqc19p01ariscane47Diablo_HellFireTheHeroDeservedPrimeSaviour_27ShajamNewman0067KillSwitchGustavo20Gulfstream550OpandemoniodzikidzikGogeta91199 74 votes
0 - Didn’t do it
4%
GrandOldKaiTheVyrusduallTyCassyFurious_Fighter1rcm2017Jaycray81MaxGamingjay_denJordan9859DukenpukeJOHNNYBACKHANDSalve_maker05Rugbyman371Tinklywink5459JCK555Chuck_FinleySilentAris 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 575 ★★★
    0 - Didn’t do it
    Also hated it...lol...wasted oppurtunity :'(
  • Options
    Dude17Dude17 Posts: 133 ★★
    edited August 2023
    1 - Hated it
    Halfway through first quest, realized that I hated myself for playing a boring game. So I quit.

Interesting corporate strategy though, grind players’ will away so they rationalize life’s too short and spending money is ok lol.
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    4 - Liked it
    I liked doing the fights cause most you could cheese, but I didn't like having to do over 200 of the same fights. But the rewards were awesome and worth the effort so overall I enjoyed it, despite how long it took
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    3 - Neutral
    As I’ve said before, it wasn’t a fun piece of content but for the reward it was very easy so I can’t complain too much.
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    edited August 2023
    2 - Disliked it
    It was extremely fun using my favorite options for the first path, then a lot less fun when I realized my favorite options were just inefficient for over 200 fights. AA and Ronan made it pretty straightforward, I just wish Kabam would cut the cheese
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 539 ★★★
    3 - Neutral
    I agree with the sentiment that chapter 2 was fine. Chapter 1 was too much. I would have liked to of seen each of the fights in chapter 2 be a boss in chapter 1 quest (WS is 1.1 boss, juggs is 1.2 boss, and so on). I think that would have made the event less of a monotonous task.

Rewards were definitely what redeemed this challenge.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,512 ★★★★★
    3 - Neutral
    My advice on how to help out this type of content in the future. Each progression level gets you a key which allows you to skip to the last path of each quest and still get full rewards. However, make links on that last path such that the last path of each quest is as difficult as the last path of chapter 2. So there is a slight tradeoff in terms of difficulty for not going through the entire quest.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,294 ★★★★
    3 - Neutral
    Ch 2, Paragon chapter was fine. The remaining sucked - either just boring autofight or having to focus but not being challenged at all.

It felt like having to 100% explore every difficulty of the EQ, just to get the full Paragon exploration rewards.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 662 ★★★★
    3 - Neutral
    Great node designs but chapter 1 was completely unnecessary, they could've easily just make 1 path OR tied the rewards only per chapter, like i'm paragon with a slightly strong account and yet i had to do more than 50 fights that i could auto fight just so i can get the actual rewards....i just can't see a reason why they do that
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,464 ★★★★
    3 - Neutral
    Neutral - haven't finished it yet, but nearly there. Tough-but-doable fights and great rewards contrasted with it being WAY too long and repetitive
  • Options
    BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    3 - Neutral
    Not even paragon but straight gold was kinda mid for exploring paragon. Like everyone else, just the grinding aspect made it meh
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,261 ★★★★★
    Probably in the minority here, but I love the challenge-style format. I also think the Rewards justified the need to do it all.
    To everyone's point, I think Rewards for the Paragon Difficulty as well as a difference in Nodes for Chapter 2 might have broken up the monotony. However that would have balanced out.
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    3 - Neutral
    Great rewards but bad design, I'm not talking about the challenge itself it was great and fun but having to do every single lower difficulty was just painful