Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 815 ★★★★

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
    It’s been asked a few times already but will be 4* be banned from just chapter 1 or from all chapters of act 6 (essentially having multiple champ requirements)?

Not only will they do that, but it will become worse, maybe requiring 2-3 maybe even 4-5 6* to be able to compete in future act 6 chapters.

As it stands, only the very elite (top 100 alliances) will be able to make full use of the champion synergies and strategies that the game has to offer. They don't want you to save units from grinding and smartly use your 4* to overcome content with good planning, saving and strategizing, they will lock down the content so only the largest rosters can enjoy the full potential of synergies and classes the game has.
  • Da_King_LpDa_King_Lp Posts: 29
    It's funny to see Seatin out raged when he has a roster to beat the content with ha ha ha.
    Skkc said:

what do you mean 'is it worth the uproar'? There are so many interactive fights in MCOC like Dorm, Electro, Magik that require specific champs to counter them and Act 6 will have stacked version of these.

Magik can be counter slightly through masteries, Dorm... don't dex, Electro has several counters including the commonly pulled Electra and CB.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 555 ★★
    Ace_03 said:

It’s been asked a few times already but will be 4* be banned from just chapter 1 or from all chapters of act 6 (essentially having multiple champ requirements)?

Not only will they do that, but it will become worse, maybe requiring 2-3 maybe even 4-5 6* to be able to compete in future act 6 chapters.
    Can you stop making stuff up to get angry about? Stick to info we have.
    To those talking about champs requiring specific counters: Every quest has has 10 paths so some should always be possible to do without special counters
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Voltolos said:

Ace_03 said:

Can you stop making stuff up to get angry about? Stick to info we have.
    Did you not read the official "explanation"? This is already being planned. He isn't making it up. While we don't know the exact numbers and restrictions, but they absolutely intend on making it worse (more specific requirements) as you go.
  • Mattj28Mattj28 Posts: 10
    gohard123 said:

xNig said:

TyEdge said:

So, there’s literally never been any restriction on champs for story mode, and with a week notice, they remove 80-90% of rosters from participation? Even if you want to look at 5/50 and higher champs, for many players, more than half their eligible champs are gone.

There has been fierce gates in Act 1/2 iirc. Like some paths require you to have a Black widow or Thor in your team. Take a look at the Classic mode of Ultron’s Assult. It’s been there since the start of the game.
    Requiring BW or Thor isn’t as fierce of a gate as you make it seem when there are 2*, 3* and 4* variants of those champions to choose from.
    Also act 1 and 2 only required class gates. Act 4 had champion gates like spidey and colossus
    gohard123 said:

xNig said:

TyEdge said:

So, there’s literally never been any restriction on champs for story mode, and with a week notice, they remove 80-90% of rosters from participation? Even if you want to look at 5/50 and higher champs, for many players, more than half their eligible champs are gone.

There has been fierce gates in Act 1/2 iirc. Like some paths require you to have a Black widow or Thor in your team. Take a look at the Classic mode of Ultron’s Assult. It’s been there since the start of the game.
    Please don’t talk about gates you weren’t around when they began, The Thor gate was fair because it literally took 3 days of playing to pull him because of there was very few champs at the start and with the BW gate happened kabam gave everyone a 2* version of her, these requirements are a cash grab pure and simple, if kabam carry on a boycott coming
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,463 ★★★★★
    gohard123 said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

I'm not sitting on a stellar Roster, but it's not horrible. I even used a Skill Gem on HE and took him to R4 because my pulls are hit-or-miss. The point I'm making is in order for Act 6 to exist, it has to be harder than Act 5. 4*s carried people through Act 5. They can't be expected to do the same for Act 6. Which means we either have to make do with what we have, or wait for something else to come along. Not the end of the world. It'll still be there. No one says people have to rush out and buy every Crystal that comes. You could, if you didn't have patience. However, I find it extremely hard to believe that out of an average of let's say, 30 or 40 5*s in someone's Roster, there's not something they can use to get started on it. Again, if people are waiting around for Corvus, Ghost, or Aegon, they could be using what they have in the meantime.

I used 4* in variant aswell so dont u start with your “act 6 is harder”
    And second if this 4* ban does not affect you why are you trying to ruin other peoples fun in game who game is affected?
    I'm not trying to ruin anything. It's not my decision. It was theirs, and they made it. It also affects me because I'm a Player. The same roadblock applies to me too.
    I'm trying to explain the situation. If you can take a 4* into Variant, then you should have no problems taking your 5*s into Act 6.
    I managed to take 4* to variant because they are still strong champions and they are much stronger than my 5* roster just as i said before, i dont know why i have to keep on repeating myself.
    There's literally a few Champs that aren't available as 5*s. If you have the skill to make it through Variant with 4* strong Champs, then you have the skill to make it through Act 6 with mediocre Champs. 100%. That's the point I was trying to make. People get so hung up on having the same Champs they don't see their own skill and ability to use others.

nOux said:

nOux said:

I'm not sitting on a stellar Roster, but it's not horrible. I even used a Skill Gem on HE and took him to R4 because my pulls are hit-or-miss. The point I'm making is in order for Act 6 to exist, it has to be harder than Act 5. 4*s carried people through Act 5. They can't be expected to do the same for Act 6. Which means we either have to make do with what we have, or wait for something else to come along. Not the end of the world. It'll still be there. No one says people have to rush out and buy every Crystal that comes. You could, if you didn't have patience. However, I find it extremely hard to believe that out of an average of let's say, 30 or 40 5*s in someone's Roster, there's not something they can use to get started on it. Again, if people are waiting around for Corvus, Ghost, or Aegon, they could be using what they have in the meantime.

I used 4* in variant aswell so dont u start with your “act 6 is harder”
    And second if this 4* ban does not affect you why are you trying to ruin other peoples fun in game who game is affected?
    I'm not trying to ruin anything. It's not my decision. It was theirs, and they made it. It also affects me because I'm a Player. The same roadblock applies to me too.
    I'm trying to explain the situation. If you can take a 4* into Variant, then you should have no problems taking your 5*s into Act 6.
    I managed to take 4* to variant because they are still strong champions and they are much stronger than my 5* roster just as i said before, i dont know why i have to keep on repeating myself.
    There's literally a few Champs that aren't available as 5*s. If you have the skill to make it through Variant with 4* strong Champs, then you have the skill to make it through Act 6 with mediocre Champs. 100%. That's the point I was trying to make. People get so hung up on having the same Champs they don't see their own skill and ability to use others.
    That doesn’t make any sense. 4* AA is still AA and doesn’t what AA does. Using a mediocre champ in place of a AA when AA is needed doesn’t make any sense.
    It makes perfect sense when you don't have the 5* version.
  • Mattj28Mattj28 Posts: 10
    Sorry tried replying to x nig but i messes up
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,060 ★★★
    I asked for clarification on the upcoming content restrictions for act 6.2 a few days ago and still haven't seen a mod respond. With the direction the contest is going are we now expected to invest all resources into the 6*s we pull now regardless of the lack of utility they may have? You have given us some notice about act 6.2 restrictions unlike the short notice you gave for act 6.1 I would be curious to know is the restrictions for act 6.2 going to be 6*s by class to enter a lane or just x number of 6*s? It would be helpful to have a direction for our future rankup decisions as well as an idea on the value of the resources you keep selling
    Also are you going to further increase the restrictions by requiring not only class and rarity rating by adding size rating too to limit player options while tackling future content?
    Dshu said:

I asked for clarification on the upcoming content restrictions for act 6.2 a few days ago and still haven't seen a mod respond. With the direction the contest is going are we now expected to invest all resources into the 6*s we pull now regardless of the lack of utility they may have? You have given us some notice about act 6.2 restrictions unlike the short notice you gave for act 6.1 I would be curious to know is the restrictions for act 6.2 going to be 6*s by class to enter a lane or just x number of 6*s? It would be helpful to have a direction for our future rankup decisions as well as an idea on the value of the resources you keep selling

There has never been a path in any quest that required multiple different things. So we most likely wont see path that require 6* champs of specific classes
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 393 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit will we see any account bans for act6 piloting. We can expect this for legends runs.....
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 262
    edited March 10
    It’s the depreciation on the investment people have made into 4*s (and now apparently 5*s) that is truly shocking. And the fact that Kabam seems hell bent on doing this regardless of the community’s opinions does not instill trust that this game will be pleasant for the mid-level players in a years time.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit will we see any account bans for act6 piloting. We can expect this for legends runs.....

I'd say that depends on the players. If people pilot then there will probably be bans, if not then not but I'm not sure how many people would risk losing an account that is strong enough for Act 6
    Voltolos said:

Dshu said:

There has never been a path in any quest that required multiple different things. So we most likely wont see path that require 6* champs of specific classes
    There has never been content that banned characters by rarity rating before now. While I'd like to believe they would not go to the extent of multiple different things the current gate on act 6 shows we have zero reason to believe they wont go to this extreme to remove certain champs from being viable counters to different content
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 328 ★★
    Dshu said:

Voltolos said:

Dshu said:

There has never been content that banned characters by rarity rating before now. While I'd like to believe they would not go to the extent of multiple different things the current gate on act 6 shows we have zero reason to believe they wont go to this extreme to remove certain champs from being viable counters to different content
    I think the xmen quests made you take 2* champs
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 2,159 ★★★★
    Voltolos said:

To those talking about champs requiring specific counters: Every quest has has 10 paths so some should always be possible to do without special counters

And besides that: all the examples you people have given of "specific counter absolutely needed in any case" only make the fights easier/faster.
    And besides even that, there are so many soft counters to all of those fights.
    edited March 10
    JChanceH9 said:

It’s the depreciation on the investment people have made into 4*s (and now apparently 5*s) that is truly shocking. And the fact that Kabam seems hell bent on doing this regardless of the community’s opinions does not instill trust that this game will be pleasant for the mid-level players in a years time.

You can use your 4* champs in any other piece of content. And if you are a serious endgame player that is legitimately qualified for act 6, chances are the materials to r5 a 4* champ are kind of peanuts.
    On top of that, chances are that you already put your 4* champs to good use.
    How is the restriction of act 6 depreciating them in any way? Is it in the same way variant chapter 1 depreciates all your non mutant/skill champs?
  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 815 ★★★★
    Voltolos said:

Dshu said:

Because of course you work for them and can guarantee that, you do realize that if this is implemented is just going to continue to escalate right? What is to stop them from even further restrictions? Nothing, it's their game, they can do whatever they want, unless we voice our disapproval.
    Ace_03 said:

Knocks out alot of skilled ftp players who dont have crazy good 5* 6* rosters who've completed everything else. They also gonna limit it further by making some of it to where you have to have so many 6*s on your team. Unless your insanely good or pay alot your not gonna have that many good 6*s

Completed everything else? Like 100% act 5, lol and variant? Without a single good 5/65? Sure thing.

It's safe to assume that the exclusion of 4* champs will directly correlate with the new standard of difficulty that will be set by this new endgame oriented piece of content.

Therefore the safest and most rational conclusion is:

If you feel directly restricted by the exclusion of these champs, your roster isn't ready to tackle this piece of content.

Same with lol. Same with variant.

Seriously, I've seen players jump on the bandwagon that aren't even uncollected yet. At least try to keep it real, folks.
    I beat act 5 100% 2 years ago with 4*. Beat LOL 100% with SL, the majority of it with a 4/55 5* one. Story quest content should not be limititative, but about skill not roster size.

I beat ROL within 3 months of starting the game, beat act 4 by August 2016 (started in Jan 2016), beat everything there was to beat always using 4* until Jan 2018. The after act 5, I started building my roster with the uncollected EQ, but 4* have always been there for backup and utility.

I am vehemently opposed to this restriction and I have a 946k rated account with 416 champions, 4 5* maxed, 12 5* 4/55 and 6 6* and every single title and accomplishment except legends and warbound.

You on the other hand have 2 4/55 unduped, a 357k rating and you've been playing for 2 years, barely uncollected, sounds to me like you don't even qualify to have an opinion about this matter.

PS: The contrarian gimmick is always overused, stick to EQ masters and stop writing like you know better than everyone.

Well, first of all I didn't play for this whole time. Recently took the game up again about halfway through last year.
    That part was rather pathetic, mate. Hope you see that yourself.

Now where did I portray myself as top notch exactly? Something must have let you to believe that you need to compare yourself to me.
    To give your opinion any validity, I guess?

Moving on to your "points":

How easy was it to acquire 5* champs 2 years ago compared to now? Stupid question? Stupid point, I guess.

The rest is basically auto-fellating your profil.

Now, would you care to elaborate on WHY you're opposed to this? You might feel that way, but you didn't give us any reason.
    At this point you should have acquired a certain understanding of what a difficulty/progression curve is, huh?

PS: I've done all uc events since I got uncollected. The lowest hanging fruit is the one you imagine right at the stem, mate.
    Seems like I know better than you at the very least.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 393 ★★★
    EndymioN said:

Inigo said:

Gamer said:

Why not keep this for kabam and ingor @GroundedWisdom That esay to do hav a great day all

@Gamer Seatin was actually talking about him on his Live Stream today Lol. Skip to 21:20 it’s hilarious
    It's not very funny at all. I don't even mean because he's talking about me. I just mean it's not funny. He's just rambling smack talk. I Unsubbed from him years ago. He's got one agenda, and that's himself.
    Wait a second, you’ve been playing for years and you just became uncollected a couple of months ago? You are playing the game at a much slower pace than many players and especially the ones that are upset about these changes. These changes will not affect you for what seems to be a long time. I can’t understand other than just being combative or possibly working for Kabam why you would continue your insessant ranting against any opinion that against these changes. You’ve made yourself clear countless times already. There’s no reason other than I just stated to retort to every single opinion that does not coincide with yours. I’m sure you’ll respond but you really don't need to, we know......
    First of all, you comment has nothing to do with what you quoted. Secondly, it affects everyone, and we're not here to vent about other people. Stick to the topic.
    easy to say that when everyone is talking about you... topic? kabam doesnt care about the players and talking is cheap
    You’re using some logic there. Or should I call it wisdom 😂