**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:
    Did you even read the thing yourself? Nothing in there even suggests a 5* ban.

Do you know what you and all the other people on this bandwagon mean to seatin and other end game content creators?
    Ad revenue. Nothing more.
    yeah i read it kid and restricting 5*s is right in the same area. Its unnecessary and their explanation of "gates" for 4*s is a joke. So how about you read it son.
    First of all, the "flag" button isn't a "dislike" button, mate. Trying to insult me by calling me a kid, while pretty pathetic as an attempt, is actually worth a flag, though.
    This might help you understand the concept.

Moving on.

Again, did you read it? It says absolutely nothing about a 5* ban. It even mostly talks about making 5* and 6* champs easier to acquire.
    It hints at certain paths in missions after 6.1 maybe requiring you to have X amount of 5*/6* champs in your team. But calling that a 5* ban is way above semantics. It's just plain old not understanding how words work.
    Or, still my guess, you actually did not read the whole message.
    i read it son and its a restriction. My guess is that your roster doesnt even meet the requirements for act 6.1 anyways so why are you even arguing. whats your ign. Prove me I'm wrong fanboy.
    513 posts in 2 months lol seriously dude. You even play?
    You even english...? Please, stay on topic.

Did you read the message yet?
    The gent named umberto says you even english. Ive read it... and its garbage. You posting every other minute rambling that it isn't wont make it any less garbage.
    And that's supposed to make... Sense... I guess?

Okay, look as much as I like turning around in circles, I'd like you to do one thing for me:

Once you finally got to read the whole message yourself, please quote the part that mentions a 5* ban and/or restriction.

Then, although I already quoted and explained that already, I can tell you exactly where your cognitive dissonance stems from.

I might even find an even easier to digest analogy to explain the concept to you then.

Oh, also again, the "flag" button is not a "dislike" button. Flag is spelled f-l-a-g and dislike is spelled d-i-s-l-i-k-e.
    See the difference?
    you post 12 times a day kid. That's insane. What's your ign. I bet you arent even ready for act 6 and you're just being dim and want to try and ensight rage. Which you won't get troll. You even english??? umberto?
  • 4Never4Never Posts: 84

Let's look at this from a players point of view....

This whole game has a fundamental basis in **building a roster**, which means acquiring the most powerful champs now, AND using lesser *s to fill in gaps for synergy or champ utility, where RNG has not favored us, to accomplish tasks/complete content. I would say that is one of MCOC's most appealing features (that we love), as with any collection based game. We take pride in what we have built, and get the sense of continued value with present use. Kabam wants to remove that from significant, upcoming content eagerly awaited by the player base. (Sure, the gate doesn't apply to all content, but if anything, this one would be most significant. As well as, even more broad restrictions to follow.)
    From the vast majority of player's POV, there isn't anything appealing about a game design that removes that fundamental appeal in such a broad sweep in forward moving content. Some may be indifferent, and even less, accepting.

Did Kabam really expect players to jump up and down with excitement over the 4* gate?!!! Seriously!
    What player is saying to themselves, "Wow, what a great decision. I wish I would have thought of not using any lesser *s. I should just start playing all future content with only 5* and 6* champs, even where there is no gate. It will thoroughly enrich my game, and play experience by making significant moments (etc), and vastly make this game more fun." NO ONE!!!!

We tolerate or even find it acceptably challenging to see *some, limited* champ restrictions here and there (path or chapter), because we might explore other champs for the task, but an entire gate of 4* or less, is absurd. That doesn't make anything more challenging, or move us to other strategies. It simply just [[ creates a demand ]] for a higher * champ, that we most likely already have in a lesser *. That's the contradiction, and why players are upset (and where the cash grab theories come from). It doesn't make sense, especially given the explanation you have given, and goes against what we love about MCOC.

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:
    Did you even read the thing yourself? Nothing in there even suggests a 5* ban.

Do you know what you and all the other people on this bandwagon mean to seatin and other end game content creators?
    Ad revenue. Nothing more.
    yeah i read it kid and restricting 5*s is right in the same area. Its unnecessary and their explanation of "gates" for 4*s is a joke. So how about you read it son.
    First of all, the "flag" button isn't a "dislike" button, mate. Trying to insult me by calling me a kid, while pretty pathetic as an attempt, is actually worth a flag, though.
    This might help you understand the concept.

Moving on.

Again, did you read it? It says absolutely nothing about a 5* ban. It even mostly talks about making 5* and 6* champs easier to acquire.
    It hints at certain paths in missions after 6.1 maybe requiring you to have X amount of 5*/6* champs in your team. But calling that a 5* ban is way above semantics. It's just plain old not understanding how words work.
    Or, still my guess, you actually did not read the whole message.
    i read it son and its a restriction. My guess is that your roster doesnt even meet the requirements for act 6.1 anyways so why are you even arguing. whats your ign. Prove me I'm wrong fanboy.
    513 posts in 2 months lol seriously dude. You even play?
    You even english...? Please, stay on topic.

Did you read the message yet?
    The gent named umberto says you even english. Ive read it... and its garbage. You posting every other minute rambling that it isn't wont make it any less garbage.
    And that's supposed to make... Sense... I guess?

Okay, look as much as I like turning around in circles, I'd like you to do one thing for me:

Once you finally got to read the whole message yourself, please quote the part that mentions a 5* ban and/or restriction.

Then, although I already quoted and explained that already, I can tell you exactly where your cognitive dissonance stems from.

I might even find an even easier to digest analogy to explain the concept to you then.

Oh, also again, the "flag" button is not a "dislike" button. Flag is spelled f-l-a-g and dislike is spelled d-i-s-l-i-k-e.
    See the difference?
    You spam... what you're doing is spamming. You've stated your incorrect opinion already. Repeating it 30 more times isnt necessary.
    So you're not going to read it then? In that case, please stop responding as long as you aren't willing to put any substance into this general discussion. That would actually be considered spamming.
    lol you provide no value ... just nonsense. what's your ign?
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    I still think it comes down to synergies for a lot of people. Those that grinder forn hiemdal or need a 4star for one of there trinities. That’s my biggest issue with it. When you have nodes that will put degen on you ever evade it’s important to have champs like Ghulk. But if you are not fortunate to have one in 5 or 6 star, and you do in 4star you should be able to try him. It’s just a bad look, then top it off the BIG win is a crystal that stills gives you 3star champs. LoL
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★

I probably spend $30 a month on this game for units or other offers that are worth the value. I am personally not spending a dime unless this is overturned. I was genuinely excited for this content but now not so much.

Anyone else still spending?

Haven't spent a dime since the $1 player's choice crystal offer was out. Ironically enough, that crystal was for a 4* champ...
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited March 2019
    Leaving the no 4* BS aside I was honestly expecting to see an 5* Class AG.

btw, I am honestly hating on how there's no control on who you bring into this Act (which is the strategy part of this game). people fill some roster voids with 1-2 4* because they have been not lucky enough to have some champion as a 5-6*. I can see more use of my 4* AA than my 5* Hulkbuster or 6* Storm.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

How would you feel if they brought back the old feature crystal but not for the brand new champs but something like they did with Blade? Maybe they could run it for a discount of 12k shards and that would let people at least zero in on specific champs and might not effect crystal sales to much. I know if they came out with an Omega Red crystal I’d be all in.
    This is genius. Modified idea - all pre-Blade champs can re-run on an announced schedule for a price between a feature and basic. We all know new champs are better. I don’t need everyone with a Corvus.

People will be fine. The ones who complain are the ones who will not complete this because they don’t have the roster size. Why bring a 4 star to a fight with 100% degen of the defenders base attack. That’s a KO after 2.5 seconds lol

Noones bringing a 4* to fight.. they'll bring them for synergies.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

People will be fine. The ones who complain are the ones who will not complete this because they don’t have the roster size. Why bring a 4 star to a fight with 100% degen of the defenders base attack. That’s a KO after 2.5 seconds lol

I agree. People will get through it. The community always finds a solution. Even among the Mid-Tier 5*s, it's possible to find the best possible options. That's just what we do. We find the easiest ways through it. As for Rosters, I can't really comment on who is and who isn't ready, but I've always maintained an attitude of not adhering to the God Tier List alone. It's really wise to look at all options openly. Otherwise you could be sitting around waiting for the perfect Champs, instead of trying to find the best option with what you currently have. It's always an option for people to wait on better pulls, but that doesn't mean they don't have options that are doable. It really just depends on how motivated people are. All this energy on arguing and fighting it could be spent examining what options are workable given the Nodes.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    Yep. Have a good evening.