**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom not everyone purchase this for units some actually only want access to the badge and this ways their only way I kno someone who's new and purchase this a few days ago if the badge was with the 5.99 offer then thats the offer they would've purchased you're so out of touch and full of your self im not talking about people that wanted the units and is bitter that the badge is gone im talking to those like myself so if you can't relate to my comments please leave it alone don't comment on it because its not for you.
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    I "guess" I get why people are freaking out over a TEMPORARY ban on gifting, not a permanent one, but there is one thing people seem to be messing up here.

The price that you pay is for packs of units. Everything else is a free add-on. Case in point, when they took away the gifting badge from the unit packs, the price of the unit packs didn't change.

When they run specials and allow you to buy the same pack of units, receive the same number of units and for the same price, but add-in things like Greater Red Packets, or whatever, those are add-ons.

If you bought the pack of units JUST to get the Gifting Badge, that is your personal motivation for making a purchase and can't then be reversed as inferred by the seller as their intention (I.e.: $30 pack of units is actually a $30 Gifting Badge that comes with 850 units. I'm the consumer, that's how I justify the purchase so that IS how the seller intended it). That's not how it works.

Besides, has anyone mentioned that this is temporary while they fix the issue and the compensation was for the temporary suspension? 🤷‍♂️
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

When you create content that has no other way of being utilised other then to pay a monetary fee then buy doing so that item is then (wether you have meant it to be or not) the price of that monetary fee.

You can keep saying it as often as you like, but the concept of "free with purchase" is well established and no one is under any obligation to honor your personal redefinition of it. Free with purchase means you purchase this, you get that for free.
    So, if I sell someone a guitar with a free case, that gives me the legal right to take back that case whenever I want, as long as I leave them something of which the value is arbitrarily determined by me?

Interesting.
    Nope, because that case is a material object with monetary value, and once ownership is transferred it cannot be legally revoked. That's independent of what it is sold for. Material objects with value can still be given away. However, the gifting badge has no monetary value, and you agree it has no monetary value. If you don't, you are in breach of the TOS of the game and are now stealing services from an online service provider.

This is why game players keep getting laughed out of court, if they even reach a court room and don't get laughed out of lawyer offices first. They think they can play silly games with the law.

However, just to extend the example, suppose that the "free case" turned out to be poorly made and fell apart quickly. You can't sue for damages, because a court of law would say that since the case was given to you for free, even if it falls apart there's no actual damages. You didn't lose anything, because you didn't pay anything for it. What if you claim that you wouldn't have even paid for the guitar if it wasn't for the free case? Legally, so what. If the case was understood to be free with purchase, the most you can sue for in terms of losses due to the thing being poor quality is zero, since that's what you paid for it.
  • Wraith9Wraith9 Posts: 4
    Still waiting @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos anybody want to explain this serious accusation?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★

I've read some dumb comments here about you spend for the unit not the badge, I for one did not get the deal for the unit I got it because it came with the badge, its like if you brought tires for your car that came with rims for a price but then the company said hey we want our rims back if the only reason you brought the tire was to get the rims wouldn't you want your money back or equal compensation. if thats the case why the 5.99 offer didn't include the badge or why wasn't it just free, the fact that you had to purchase the 29.99 offer to get the badge validate what im saying if you purchase it for the units good for you but myself and many others purchase it for the ability to get the badge I grind arena for units if kabam want they can take back 850 units and just give me 29.99 ill be happy with that actually its 32.dollars because of tax. I will be issuing a ticket to apple and see if they can refund me.

It's more like buying cereal for the Prize, and wanting the money back after the cereal was eaten and the toy broke.
    Yeah, except it’s not like that at all. You seem to like throwing out overblown analogies to make people feel inferior. What’s your purpose for continued commentary on this subject? You’re not outraged or upset so what purpose do you gain by continuously provoking people? Go grind some arena and add to that stash of yours.
    I see. So the only people who should comment are the ones venting about the change? Interesting logic.
    That pretty much sums it up. The Gifting Badge was an added feature that people received free access to after a minimum purchase of the Loot Bag, which consisted of Units, priced the same as the regular price. It was used a very long time, and due to the fact that people completely exploited and used it to steal from others, not only in the game but outside as well, it was disabled. For this trouble, they gave 300 Units.
    The Units purchased have been long-since spent, the Badge used all this time, and for having to disable it, they gave us an added 300 Units, and now people expect $30 on top of what can't be reversed. It just can't. They can't go back, take back the Units, undo all Gifts, and send everyone $30. It's just not feasible or possible.
    By all means, people can say how they feel, but I won't be leaving the conversation for being the voice of reason.
    That fact that you proclaim yourself as the voice of reason says all that needs to be said about you. You’re not here to be a voice of reason, you have no dog in this fight. You’ve also made comment on this subject numerous times already. All you are doing now is provoking people. My question was what are gaining from it?
    I am not here to provoke people. People don't like my points. There's a difference. I'm trying to interject with some understanding so people don't have to work themselves up without knowing the situation. That's about it. If I was here to provoke, I'd say something like, "Get over it. Stop whining.". That's not how I operate, and that's not my intention. Sorry. Difference between stirring things up and not staying silent because people don't like to hear it.
  • dcw_dcw_ Posts: 130
    IKON said:

Put it another way, if this was your credit card that was being used, would you be ok with them not doing anything to stop it?

Kabam is acting like they are doing this massive public service by stopping all these fraudulent activities. The reality is that stolen credit card information is used all the time in other games, online retailers and the like. Is it right? NO absolutely not! it sucks and i’ve Personally had to deal with it. it’s a bit of a pain but I was never on the hook for anything the person committing the fraud purchased with my credit card information. So let’s call this what it is, Kabam doesn’t want to deal with it on their end so instead of helping authorities apprehend the persons involved they are just cutting off the entire community under the guise of public service. Do you honestly think that a person willing and able to commit this type of fraud is going to just give up if it doesn’t work in mcoc? No they will simply move to the next thing on the shopping list. Nothing is stopped.

Kabam has a history of poor business and customer service decisions and this ranks highly among them. I’ve never seen a company work so hard to undermine their own game.

Kabam your performance in matters like this reflects the 1* ratings you receive.
  • MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    Don’t feed the trolls. Don’t respond to them. Let them spew their kabam rhetoric. We all know who they are. Keep demanding answers and don’t even give the apologists that view kabam as perfect the satisfaction of acknowledging their petty existence.

We are waiting for a response from the actual moderators of this forum
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    Catherine said:

Kabam has committed the biggest fraud by selling a product ie the 30$ package with a gifting badge that was listed as permanent then taken it away for half the refund.. everyone file a complaint through your service provider and with Google play or apple store

I agree. And I also agree with the players who say that Kabam should be punishing the fraudsters and not the innocent players. And since the primary way to detect this kind of fraud is when the defrauded person detects the fraud and asks for a chargeback, I think Kabam should perma ban every account associated with a chargeback not associated with a reported error in the game.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,817 ★★★★★
    Mjolinar said:

Don’t feed the trolls. Don’t respond to them. Let them spew their kabam rhetoric. We all know who they are. Keep demanding answers and don’t even give the apologists that view kabam as perfect the satisfaction of acknowledging their petty existence.

We are waiting for a response from the actual moderators of this forum

Miike has responded a few dozen times. Not sure what you are still waiting for.....
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    Overall, based on the information released Kabam needed to remove this gifting badge and this service. Unfortunately, it’s enabling crime and perhaps they could be criticized for doing so earlier, but Kabam shouldn’t be criticized for doing so now. They are doing the right thing.

Compensation and communication is another topic and unfortunately it was handled in the usual Kabam manner which minimized or under-estimated the community’s feelings and response. If I were in their place, I would have emphasized the understanding of how it impacts players supporting one another and trading items allowed for people and teams to complete the challenges. I think the 300 units is a fair but ultimately minimal impact on people’s accounts and this is what is driving the negativity. I would have suggested 5 energy refills, 5 questing single and team revives and 5 alliance single and team revives and an assortment of health potions to make the pill much less bitter. Again, it’s all about perception.

Nonetheless, Kabam needs to stop scams, fraud, bots, etc. These actions will cost players less in the long run with lower aq and arena scores, etc.
    MavRCK_ said:

Overall, based on the information released Kabam needed to remove this gifting badge and this service. Unfortunately, it’s enabling crime and perhaps they could be criticized for doing so earlier, but Kabam shouldn’t be criticized for doing so now. They are doing the right thing.

Compensation and communication is another topic and unfortunately it was handled in the usual Kabam manner which minimized or under-estimated the community’s feelings and response. If I were in their place, I would have emphasized the understanding of how it impacts players supporting one another and trading items allowed for people and teams to complete the challenges. I think the 300 units is a fair but ultimately minimal impact on people’s accounts and this is what is driving the negativity. I would have suggested 5 energy refills, 5 questing single and team revives and 5 alliance single and team revives and an assortment of health potions to make the pill much less bitter. Again, it’s all about perception.

Nonetheless, Kabam needs to stop scams, fraud, bots, etc. These actions will cost players less in the long run with lower aq and arena scores, etc.

How can you estimate the greed of the community? Theres no idea solution. I'd say if they gave back 850, people would still want more. If they gave back the $30 people would still want more. There isn't any solution that will make anyone here understand what happened or is going on. Legally they can't say more than what they've said. If it's criminal, their hands are tied. Whos to say it was their actual choice on the badge? Maybe they are being directed to do enough to stop it on their end.

Y'all mad at them but none of you are pointing your fingers to the people that led us to this point. As per usual its "me, me, me" mentality. Wish you all would open your eyes more.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    the solution should have been to include limits as to how much you can purchase a week with units to gift during non gifting events. Odds are if they limit it to say 300 Units a week it would have taken care of the money laundering problems while at the same time not affecting 99% of us.

anybody with only 2 brain cells left would have known users were committing credit card fraud, @Kabam Miike
    i personally have been trying to alert people in the comments of Crystal Opening Whale's youtube videos that the man is clearly perpetuating credit card fraud, for MONTHS now.
    too little too late, yall ignored a problem, then it blew up, then you do this **** to deal with it. boring, next excuse??

Kabam doesnt see the CC info. That's through Google play and apple.
  • gatra_hpgatra_hp Posts: 98
    yall used the 850 units anyway and kabam gives you back 300 units. nice move kabam. thank you.
  • KlahadorKlahador Posts: 11
    So I understand the legality kabam is on the right to proceed the way they did
    But the real problem here is they are showing they don't care about their own costumers
    Don't try to find a fear solution
    Just protect their own interests
    You can come up with all the fancy words that you want but we all know that this is wrong

Kabam did not make a top shelf move here. In my oppinion they should of gave us full compensation of 850 units or at least half that 425... I mean only reason why I bought the $29.99 unit deal was for the GB

Inncorect. The 300 units is extra. You got what you paid for which was 850 units. The badge was a free item for buying the package. That is evident as the 850 unit package is still in the unit store.
  • liquidkarmaliquidkarma Posts: 80
    i got upset again. i know accusations of cheating are agains the TOS so I edited my previous posts, seeing as there is no way to delete them. (i still think we should be able to delete our own posts, grumble grumble.)
    Klahador said:

So I understand the legality kabam is on the right to proceed the way they did
    But the real problem here is they are showing they don't care about their own costumers
    Don't try to find a fear solution
    Just protect their own interests
    You can come up with all the fancy words that you want but we all know that this is wrong

Yes such a bad company for protecting their own interests first. Horrible, horrible company. No other company out there has ever done such a thing.

100% sarcasm if it wasnt evident enough.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    I was a member of a group chat that did challeges. People would sponsor them, then send out gifts to the winners in game. This group and the challenges were one of my favourite things about the game and made me better.

This change is going to ruin that

I also know of a lot of people who make profile pictures in line that, in exchange for their service, get people to trade them in game items.

This change is also going to ruin that as well.

Altough removing gifting won't effect everyone it will effect the ability for an alliance mate to help a friend in need and will ruin a community that has been built on using it to trade and reward people.

You guys should have put a lot more effort into fixing this problem instead of just banning it for everyone, like placing certain limitations on gifting or actually monitoring those who have been using it a lot.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

Tsunani said:

Badrose said:

May someone explain what fraud are we talking about? It's just for people sending stuff to their second account???

No, we mean real world Fraud that includes stolen information and fraudulent purchases.
    So the problem is with the purchases, not with gifts, remove the purchase hability
    This is not something that can be done on an account by account basis. Taking action on their account wouldn't stop them from creating a new one.
    So creating a new account, using arena bots and cheating honest players out of arena rewards is acceptable in kabams eyes? Start cracking down on bots, that will solve half the problem.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    This is literally like the scene in some movie where the bad guy lines up all his prisoners and threatens to shoot them one by one unless the guys that tried to escape come forward.

How can you punish millions of players for the crimes of probably 0.0000001% percent of the player base. At any rate, it's not our fault that you guys weren't smart enough to make aspects of your game unexploitable. Not everyone wants to load up on units to take down buggy content.

Simply disgusting.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Kabam actively encourages cheating based on their actions against certain Youtubers in the past.
  • MyselfandiMyselfandi Posts: 165

Kabam did not make a top shelf move here. In my oppinion they should of gave us full compensation of 850 units or at least half that 425... I mean only reason why I bought the $29.99 unit deal was for the GB

Inncorect. The 300 units is extra. You got what you paid for which was 850 units. The badge was a free item for buying the package. That is evident as the 850 unit package is still in the unit store.
    I didnt pay for the units. I paid for the gifting badge.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★

I got the 300 units you sent for the gifting badge...... SWEET. thanks.. I wasnt expecting any form of compensation. so this is nice.. Gonna buy a bunch of energy and get myself on step closer to uncollected..

This is what I got from the 300 units, threw them at a caviler crystal and...
    First dupe. But I also agree with @HarvesterofSorrow about the amount of units given. Should be at least 500.
This discussion has been closed.