Fix backdraft intercepts already

Comments

• Zoranabc201Zoranabc201 Posts: 26
    Using a 4/40 vision age of ultron.
    Fighting against an iron patriot.
    Playing road to the labrynth chapter 4 quest 3 against the all or nothing iron patriot.
    I am on huawei honor 10
    I am on android 9.

The issue is that no backdraft intercept is landing with vision(it has about a 50/50) chance of landing with magik) and I'm getting hit every time I attempt one.
  • cUbA_LiBrEcUbA_LiBrE Posts: 963 Guardian
    edited July 3
    So players will need to adapt I guess?

If the enemy is against the wall and you are hitting his block... swipe back and use a light attack instead of the medium attack. The light attack is faster than the swipe so you will be able to intercept with a light attack instead. Does not work every time but I am at the moment at a rate of 19 of 20 successful attempts. I might do a quick video soon.

Does not work against passive AI as the former backdraft intercept also did not ;)
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

If the enemy is against the wall and you are hitting his block... swipe back and use a light attack instead of the medium attack. The light attack is faster than the swipe so you will be able to intercept with a light attack instead. Does not work every time but I am at the moment at a rate of 19 of 20 successful attempts. I might do a quick video soon.

Does not work against passive AI as the former backdraft intercept also did not ;)

This is unfortunately not working for me, compared to how it used to be. It was 100% before. Even a 5% chance to fail now can be fatal in high enough content.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 186
    Honestly, I'm busy with LoL and thought backdraft intercept issue was rectified because it worked perfectly there, only for Blade though. When I tried it with Domino I got clipped.
  • Ultra8529 said:

This is unfortunately not working for me, compared to how it used to be. It was 100% before. Even a 5% chance to fail now can be fatal in high enough content.
    True, but not working, in this case, means the defender is not charging at you right away. Your light attack would miss but you will still have enough time to react to that by evading or blocking. It's not working for me because I also have to get used to this case. It took also some time to master the old "backdraft intercept" ;).

Also, I did not try this light attack intercept on Android. There is a possibility that it will not work because of the difference in the FPS. Might also not work for me because I am no longer able to play on Android after switching to the iPad Pro =D
    I have filed a ticket with support, linking them to this thread as well as other threads on this matter which have been shut down. I strongly urge everyone who is experiencing this problem to lodge tickets with support. If we cannot get help on the forum, hopefully we can get help from support.

I will not rest till this bug is fixed, or at least acknowledged and is put onto the list of known issues.
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 81
    This is still happening. DV vs. whoever in the corner. hit into block, dash back, enemy is on top of you. Please can we get something on this?
  • Notcho59Notcho59 Posts: 109
    They could at least comment that being able to consistently backdraft intercept the AI is an exploit and the behavior has been changed permanently to make for more skillful engagements.
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 81
    Hitting into block and dashing back for an intercept attempt still is not working as it was before the Human Torch update. I used to be able to hit into block and dash back for an intercept, now hitting into block and dashing back is more than likely gonna result in getting smashed in the face before your dashback animation ends. Please tell me this is acknowledged and a fix is in the works.

Latest updates, WiFi.
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 69
    @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Miike as mentioned above, this has been an issue for a VERY long time, along with very few lines of communication regarding the progress made on this bug.
    i can't stress how unbelievably frustrating this feels.
    Since we have gotten official confirmation from @Kabam Zibiit that there was no intended AI change to make backdraft intercepts no longer workable, by the process of elimination, the inability to do this technique now must be a bug.

Can we therefore have this moved to the known issues list please?
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 213
    I streamed my 6.2.1 runs and you will clearly see that AI recover so fast and retaliate you when you try to backdraft intercept.
    @Kabam Zibiit can you confirm this is a bug? What information does the game team need? Does the game team even know what is/was a backdraft intercept, and is the game team for some reason unable to reproduce the bug?

We need some communication on this very critical matter.
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 122
    This issue seems to be more prevalent when you attempt to do a backdraft intercept when the opponent is pinned against their wall. This is the primary reason I’m waiting to 5/65 my Magik (never had an issue prior to HT game update). Any update on this problem, which has been occurring for over 3 months would be much appreciated.
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 363 ★★

Thanks for the additional information everyone. It has been passed on for review.

Still not reviewed in any way? Just curious.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 111

Honestly, I'm busy with LoL and thought backdraft intercept issue was rectified because it worked perfectly there, only for Blade though. When I tried it with Domino I got clipped.

My Hyperion got slammed by Rhulk on backdraft intercept today.
  • Leiva_darkLeiva_dark Posts: 247
    edited July 31
    I would not be surprised if this error continues to explode for another month, seeing nothing in the information of the next update. The thread has all the information, the error is easy to reproduce, it has test videos. So why isn't it and is it exploding? Why not pass to the team that I repair in 1 day to CUL? it may take a little longer, but not more than 3 months as the error leads ....
    hey crew @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit ,

it's been almost 2 months since the last time we've heard ANYTHING from your end on this issue. ample amounts of feedback and info have been passed along in this thread. you've said before that you understand how frustrating it is for us to be left in the dark on stuff like this, but I'm wondering why we're still being left out cold on this issue?!

we've even had people here ask you what else we need to do to help you to get this resolved. no response. nothing.
    i understand that the team is busy, ya'll have a ton to work through and manage for sure. but almost 2 months of zero communication with this bug, and not even having it as a recognized issue really stings. a few posts were getting deleted and merged so I know that the questions and comments have been read.

i'm sure you understand that this is a critical issue for people who need to get through certain war nodes, quest paths and it affects people who use certain champs that require intercepting...like magik and proxima midnight.

I'm sure the anger and frustration im feeling with how we've been left in the dark here is shared by many here. We're just asking for updates, answers to our questions or anything at this point. because nothing in almost 2 months makes us feel as though you don't care.
    continue to be extremely disappointed in how this thread is going. we're just looking for something to tell us that you still care about this issue.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 109
    Destroyer said:

Kabam Testers, try hitting into block two or three times w a short to midrange dash back champ. go back for the intercept. you will more than likely get hit. This is so easy to reproduce. I test it every few days just to see if its fixed. it is still BROKEN. can we get some sort of update on this? how am I supposed to believe the AI wasn't messed with when this used to be doable? so if it wasn't an AI tweak, its a bug. either way, a comment stating that it's one or the other would be appreciated.

Its a bug 100%.
    They confirmed that they didnt changed anything with the AI intentional
  • Manoj8410parmarManoj8410parmar Posts: 18
    It has been almost 3 years for me playing the game. But Im noticing some wierd behaviour of champs when fighting. Like 2 months ago I was able to Backdraft intercept opponent after hitting their block but now they are running at me very fast, I can't even dash at them. First I thought its my device problem but I have asked many of my friends, They also are suffering from this. Any info
  • LormifLormif Posts: 2,539 ★★★★

It has been almost 3 years for me playing the game. But Im noticing some wierd behaviour of champs when fighting. Like 2 months ago I was able to Backdraft intercept opponent after hitting their block but now they are running at me very fast, I can't even dash at them. First I thought its my device problem but I have asked many of my friends, They also are suffering from this. Any info

Have you checked the bugs section?
  • Manoj8410parmarManoj8410parmar Posts: 18
    No. I don't know that much about this. Actually my friend suggest me to post here so..
    this is still an issue guys
  • GamerGamer Posts: 4,181 ★★★★
    I’m thinking more and more it buy design now.