**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

She-Hulk Heavy Speed Bug Fix [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★

DrZola said:

Cain said:

iRetr0 said:

I noticed my comments have been deleted, so I will say it again.

I am no "tin-foil" hat person, but what Kabam has done with Sym Supreme and She-Hulk is, quite frankly, not showing any good signs for the upcoming future. They can do this with LITERALLY any champion and just say "We never identified this bug until now" or "This isn't the way we intended the champ to work" excuse and think they could get away with it.

They didn't do anything with SS. He never operated at 100%.
    So the spotlight and the description say Symbiote Supreme should be at 100%...but he didn’t operate that way so they ”updated” the text.

She hulk had no description of her heavy attack, but it’s been the same for years...because that’s how she operated...not they are “updating” her mechanics.

Yet their “fix” both times manages to reduce champ effectiveness.
    Nothing reduced with SS. He literally never functioned like that. They even discussed changing him to match that Description and realized it was too much.
    Shulk never indicated she was supposed to function that way. Same thing happened with Drax. There was another similar interaction that had to be addressed with GP. Champs aren't supposed to corner others like that.
    I think you have your “cornering” confused—try chaining a heavy with Shulk on 6.2.6 Champion after he has a Sp1.

GwenPool was a broken mechanic that basically allowed for continuous heavy chaining. The two instances are quite different.

Dr. Zola
    If there wasn't any effectiveness to the technique, we wouldn't be arguing it.
    Of course it was effective. As much as any other technique with any other champion.

This technique was integral to her current play style. Now you can’t get them to their first bar of power as quick as you could. So you either resort to parrying or intercepting to maintain your heavies (significantly harder).
    They diminished her effectiveness by a large amount. That should count as a nerf. If not, I don’t know what is.

I’ve already 100% 6.2 si it honestly doesn’t matter that much to me. But it’s not a warranted change. She wasn’t game breaking.

PS. Any power control champ can corner another champ. Plenty of examples. This wasn’t game breaking.
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★

Cain said:

JohnHS said:

iRetr0 said:

I am no "tin-foil" hat person, but what Kabam has done with Sym Supreme and She-Hulk is, quite frankly, not showing any good signs for the upcoming future. They can do this with LITERALLY any champion and just say "We never identified this bug until now" or "This isn't the way we intended the champ to work" excuse and think they could get away with it.

For once we agree. But they should keep the same stance with She-Hulk as they did with SS. Maybe it's not mentioned in the description, but that's how the character actually works.
    Exactly, they want it both ways though 🤦🏼‍♂️

Cain said:

iRetr0 said:

So the spotlight and the description say Symbiote Supreme should be at 100%...but he didn’t operate that way so they ”updated” the text.

She hulk had no description of her heavy attack, but it’s been the same for years...because that’s how she operated...not they are “updating” her mechanics.

Nothing reduced with SS. He literally never functioned like that. They even discussed changing him to match that Description and realized it was too much.
    Shulk never indicated she was supposed to function that way. Same thing happened with Drax. There was another similar interaction that had to be addressed with GP. Champs aren't supposed to corner others like that.
    Listen mate, you can’t have it both ways...

1) Champ was released and described to have an ability that they never received. Players were upset the ability described wasn’t in effect. A year later they removed the ability from the description (because staggers are so OP and game breaking).

2) Champ was released and received an ability not described. Players were happy with the ability and used it and then years later it was taken away.

Is daredevil’s ability to hit invisible champs a bug? What about Havok and Cyclops not damaging each other with specials? It’s not in their description?

With all your grounded wisdom, you are saying we can’t trust abilities not listed in the description AND we can’t trust the description. So we basically can’t trust anything in the game or you are building an argument on false premises. Correct me if I’m wrong...
    100% Stagger on every Parry (well-timed Block), plus Synergies and other Abilities going on. We can literally count the cases where Descriptions were wrong on one hand. Not worded in a way that was misunderstood, just wrong.
    A Champ received an Ability that wasn't intended. If it was something that was benevolent or had no negative effects towards their goals, it would have been left. Clearly it wasn't something they wanted, and they've made that clear in this Thread.
    So when they choose not to update these things for YEARS we are left to just guess? With SS he never had 100% chance to proc staggers so assume he doesn’t; yet we can’t apply the same logic to She Hulk? Again how do we determine if abilities will ever match then? How do we know where a champ stands and if they are worth ranking. I want a solid answer.
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Still haven’t seen a response yet on how we as players are meant to know what’s intended or not? Saw a good example earlier in the thread about power lock champs being able to keep champs in the corner the whole fight. Can’t wait to see them say this isn’t intended in a few months
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    If the upcoming SheHulk nerf is an 6.2.6 Champion oriented move, by acknowledging an issue like this, then u guys at Kabam have to compensate the players haven’t been there to “take unintended advantage”. And the problem is how u will balance then this?
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    So we need RDT for She Hulk and/or SS you can’t say it works one way and not the other Kabam...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Onmix said:

DrZola said:

Cain said:

iRetr0 said:

I think you have your “cornering” confused—try chaining a heavy with Shulk on 6.2.6 Champion after he has a Sp1.

GwenPool was a broken mechanic that basically allowed for continuous heavy chaining. The two instances are quite different.

Dr. Zola
    Of course it was effective. As much as any other technique with any other champion.

This technique was integral to her current play style. Now you can’t get them to their first bar of power as quick as you could. So you either resort to parrying or intercepting to maintain your heavies (significantly harder).
    They diminished her effectiveness by a large amount. That should count as a nerf. If not, I don’t know what is.

I’ve already 100% 6.2 si it honestly doesn’t matter that much to me. But it’s not a warranted change. She wasn’t game breaking.

PS. Any power control champ can corner another champ. Plenty of examples. This wasn’t game breaking.
    ....so she functions like other Champs? Hmm...
  • Cain said:

So we need RDT for She Hulk and/or SS you can’t say it works one way and not the other Kabam...

I don't think SS deserves a rank down. Sure, the reasoning for that one issue is due to an apparent typo that was missed, but he was never shown to be able to do what was described anyway. So rewording to what he actually does isn't too bad if he never performed the description. I use SS a lot and it never bothered me much. That is just my opinion though. SH on the other hand deserves and RDT and normaly I avoid mentioning those
  • ahock101ahock101 Posts: 118
    Has anyone got a link to the update post I can't find it, thanks
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    ahock101 said:

Has anyone got a link to the update post I can't find it, thanks

Here you go:
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/v24-2-release-notes/
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Cain said:

iRetr0 said:

Dr. Zola
    "Effectiveness" is not a reason for a nerf lol. Dr Zola said they were quite different, and he is correct. One was a broken mechanic, the other is not, whether or not it was intended.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    At least they're gonna put the Special Attack buttons back where they were. I kept missing them.
This discussion has been closed.