What's your opinion on unblockable SPs?

KerneasKerneas Posts: 764 ★★★
We have recently seen some character additions, that featured attacks that are unblockable all the time (Heimdall, Collosus, Dr. Doom, Mr. Fantastic). While I personally don't really mind them, I'd like to ask the community what do the members think about this feature

What's your opinion on unblockable SPs? 132 votes

I like them, they force you to learn to dex
25%
PantherusNZKDoggg2017age_of_andycapege999menLibralonixLvernon15The42ndDoctorRiggs_97AssumedName10or_StrongMegaGalacticVoltolosMathking13spiderbites0196DjinScrubkiller_1MattstafariBeekeeperStevieManWonderPrezRio4 34 votes
I don't mind them
37%
Vdh2008Clobberin_TimeBigMoMr_PlatypusMagicBentonFrostyLosspikManup456HeroBoltsyTerraFoxhero007Patchie9316wegnerkSceptilemaniacezgoingHammerbro_64TaZ_4178Mysterioshadow_lurker22Reverend_Ruckus 49 votes
I dislike them, but I can stand them
21%
Mcord11758DukeTendersquadMagrailothosBajjsbwuqjwTim1234LilMaddogHTChampioncriticTorah13AleorMr_ELordSmasherBugmat78dot_dittoliving_legend_1Ctfz35ILLUSION8HellCat07ChubsWhitePriceless 28 votes
I hate them (don't like having to evade and not block)
8%
bhuv9191zuffyjdrum663Nitro422Scopeotoe987doctorbpigupompomKnucklezJdashXanthiaBawa69 11 votes
Other (please write below)
7%
phillgreenNojokejaymSlashingSunsetDuke_SilverX_Factor_AgentFred_JoeityBonzodavidDarksun987IRQQfury 10 votes

Comments

• QfuryQfury Posts: 472 ★★★
    I like being the user of unblockable specials. But damn I hate fighting anyone with them
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 764 ★★★

Best of luck, Dexing Heimdall's SP2.

My solution to it (when I have to face it) is KM and his indestructible. Not a dex, but still viable
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,732 ★★★★
    That's a fair strategy.

I wanted to leave the comment punchy; but you can actually Dodge it using Vulture, Nightcrawler or Invisible Woman.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 2,806 ★★★★★
    I don't mind them
    I don't mind some but ones like NF special 1 is just way too difficult
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 1,340 ★★★★
    It’s not horrible but certain specials are just stupid to be fully unblockable.

Fury special 1 (I’ve dexed it a few times but requires so much timing), doom special 2, war machine special 1, both punisher special 2. Darkhawk soecial 1.

Other than that it isn’t bad learning specials. Took me a while to learn cyclops, yellow jacket and kingpin (special 2). Now they’re easy
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 2,509 ★★★★
    If it can be evaded cool if it can’t then it’s bs
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 394 ★★
    ^ that ^
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 200
    I don't mind them
    No problem on the ones that can be evaded, and then Sinister helps on the crappy matchups.
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 394 ★★
    And mordo, but you have to be expecting it.
  • mmmpunchmmmpunch Posts: 63
    When you can't evade or dex the unblockable is when I have a problem
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 2,083 ★★★★★
    I like the challenge, the only one I don’t like is Heimdall’s special two since you physically cannot dex it
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 600 ★★★
    I don't mind them
    as long they aren't a beam attack or projectile that on from 1 side to other like some champs do
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    It should be reserved for something you need to achieve kinda like unblockable sp2 on Capt Marvel movie. Nick Fury is a good example of how it should *not* work. It's also getting way too common place. Some are a joke like OML and Colossus meant really only for attack and that's fine.
  • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 462 ★★
    I don't mind them
    ONe WORD: SPIDER-GWEN. Sheevades all unblockable with 550% accuracy
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 37
    What I don't like is the general trend right now of "Don't know how to make champ feel stronger? Slap unblock on top of it!". Moderation is the key, we can't be having every champion added/rebalanced since late '19 having the exact same tool available.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,257 ★★★★
    One of those, it is what it is
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 4,707 ★★★★★
    edited February 25
    I don't mind them

Best of luck, Dexing Heimdall's SP2.

Fun fact, Nightcrawler can dex his L2. Discovered it myself :)
  • X_Factor_AgentX_Factor_Agent Posts: 2,525 ★★★★
    Unblockable L3 ftw!
    But i honestly don't mind them defensively. After a while i get used to dexing them.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,471 Guardian

Unblockable L3 ftw!

Level 9000 super secret game fact: SP3s are blockable, but only with well-timed block. However, no one has yet discovered how to execute a well-timed block during an SP3.
  • X_Factor_AgentX_Factor_Agent Posts: 2,525 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Unblockable L3 ftw!

Level 9000 super secret game fact: SP3s are blockable, but only with well-timed block. However, no one has yet discovered how to execute a well-timed block during an SP3.
    I use ghost 😎
  • AleorAleor Posts: 1,823 ★★★
    Sinister!
    Block the unlockable!

That's actually ridiculous imi
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,158 ★★★★
    Love them on offence
  • SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 177 ★★
    If Iron Man, Cyclops or one of those champions had an Unblockable Special, I absolutely wouldn't mind it since it tests your skills to evade their projectile. But, there are just some Unblockables that make no sense like War Machine, Agent Venom's SP1, Punisher's SP2 just to name a few. Like...why?
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 663 ★★★
    Spider gwen
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 399 ★★
    I wouldn't mind them if they were all evadable, but Heimdall's rubs me the wrong way. Punisher's too.