**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

@Worknprogress
    Yeah you are right about that one but that the thing, before act 5 I didn’t have to “wait”
    Because almost all of my champion were useful and can be used in a lot of fights.
    Act 6 however,has completely revamped everything I loved about this game.
    Yeah you are right that ultron and kamala can do that fight BUT where is the fun in that?
    Why I had more fun playing as 3*loki against ultron 5.4.6?
    Why can’t I have the same amount of fun in sinister or champion fight?
    Have you realized how the game has dramatically changed in the past 2 years?
    It’s really sad what happened to this interactive and fun game with fun mechanics.
    I myself scared about the road map but will I regret the time I invested in mcoc ( I used the word invest instead of waste) Because I USED TO LOVED this game.
    But iam not WASTING my time if the roadmap wasn’t as promising as it should be.

I'm not saying I like the design of a lot of act 6 personally but it's the way they went with the game. I do get what they were trying to do as you are having new players get 5* Domino's, Corvus, Ghost, etc... and blowing through Act 5 with one or two champs already at 5/65 bc of things like the glory store. They tried to slow people down by making you have a large roster to beat Act 6.

The problem was that they made some of it so specific and didn't address champion acquisition at all. So, while unlikely, it's possible for someone to go years without getting a champ that doesn't make a fight like Sinister quite costly.

Some of that is also on the players bc you have those wanting to run before they walk. They'll never explore any of the acts and want to go for Act 6 before they've even started Act 5 exploration. Of course they're going to think Act 6 is awful when they've never went up against anything difficult.

I'm hoping they come up with some sort of solution that can make newer players actually learn how to play and grow their rosters without completely stopping them for some indefinite amount of time. All we can do is wait and see though.

Those alliance tickets are horrible. No matter how I look at the numbers AQ has become more expensive. I know you say it isn't that's why you took the gold away but your math sucks. Another bad move.

Except that this isn't true at all. It's cheaper for everyone (although minimally for map 6) and you have way more resource flexibility now.
    Resource flexibility is a lie. You are FORCED to use all three, or else pay a highly inflated value of one resource. There is no flexibility anymore.
    Having the option to use more of one and less or none of another is absolutely flexibility. There's a cost associated to do so but plenty of people are willing to pay it. People have tens of millions of gold they can't do anything with that can now basically play AQ for just gold.

Just bc you don't want to pay the inflated costs to use less resource types doesn't mean you don't have the option or it's a bad move. I know far more players happy about it than upset. The forum is just an echo chamber of whining bc most of the content people can't be bothered to spend anytime here.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

@Worknprogress
    Yeah you are right about that one but that the thing, before act 5 I didn’t have to “wait”
    Because almost all of my champion were useful and can be used in a lot of fights.
    Yeah you are right that ultron and kamala can do that fight BUT where is the fun in that?
    It’s really sad what happened to this interactive and fun game with fun mechanics.
    I myself scared about the road map but will I regret the time I invested in mcoc ( I used the word invest instead of waste) Because I USED TO LOVED this game.

I'm not saying I like the design of a lot of act 6 personally but it's the way they went with the game. I do get what they were trying to do as you are having new players get 5* Domino's, Corvus, Ghost, etc... and blowing through Act 5 with one or two champs already at 5/65 bc of things like the glory store. They tried to slow people down by making you have a large roster to beat Act 6.

The problem was that they made some of it so specific and didn't address champion acquisition at all. So, while unlikely, it's possible for someone to go years without getting a champ that doesn't make a fight like Sinister quite costly.

Some of that is also on the players bc you have those wanting to run before they walk. They'll never explore any of the acts and want to go for Act 6 before they've even started Act 5 exploration. Of course they're going to think Act 6 is awful when they've never went up against anything difficult.

I'm hoping they come up with some sort of solution that can make newer players actually learn how to play and grow their rosters without completely stopping them for some indefinite amount of time. All we can do is wait and see though.
    Make exploration of all the previous acts mandatory for act 6 entry, The exploration of those alone will give them some experience
    Pulyaman said:

@Worknprogress

Make exploration of all the previous acts mandatory for act 6 entry, The exploration of those alone will give them some experience
    I think it would help some at least with roster growth to an extent but people could still easily come out the other side without what they need for Act 6.

I'd still like to see some sort of change to at least 5" acquisition personally. Not sure if they could even build the crystal this way but maybe give everyone the option to flag one champ while opening basics and it gives you say a 5% chance to get that specific champ. Could even add a grief system after say maybe 100-200 crystals and if you get or change the flagged champ it resets. That keeps odds low enough so that it doesn't devalue other crystals and people can still eventually get the champ (it would take most players quite a while to go through 100 crystals but chances are they'd get them well before then).
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Would having a choice between specific class crystals be more enticing to people? Let’s say they added six class-specific 5* crystals at around 12-13k shards. So if I was targeting Hyperion, I could go for a 5* cosmic crystal. The RNG factor is still in place, but there’s a much higher drop rate than the current roughly 0.6% chance I have at pulling him.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Would having a choice between specific class crystals be more enticing to people? Let’s say they added six class-specific 5* crystals at around 12-13k shards. So if I was targeting Hyperion, I could go for a 5* cosmic crystal. The RNG factor is still in place, but there’s a much higher drop rate than the current roughly 0.6% chance I have at pulling him.

I would love to have Class specific crystals. If they were in the game, I would only go for them.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Now from past few months KABAM every month trying to give a 5* awakening gem (sometimes the one you want by making chronometer etc) with side quests.
    They now trying to distribute these gems so that the lower or mid-tier summoners can awake some champs who they think are good and help them clearing content.
    Now these awakening gems aren’t much worth for many players who already got their most of the 5* duped and that too at high levels by playing so long. The meta of game has shifted to 6* already for higher tier players.
    If I take my example, I’m holding a generic 5* awakening from last year x-mas gift and two other gems (Science & Skill) but there aren’t any champs who worth duping or i had already duped the ones which are worthy way before and/or not getting other few desired champs due to RNG maybe.

So the side quests seems pointless if you are playing at higher level and explored Act6 and Abyss and getting a big chunk of glory every week through AQ and some shards from wars.

In order to cater the needs of different categories players they need to customise the side quests and EQ rewards as well. All cavaliers aren’t equal. The one standing at act6 100% are much much ahead of 6.1 completion players.

So it’ll be interesting to know how they going to resolve the issue in coming times.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Now from past few months KABAM every month trying to give a 5* awakening gem (sometimes the one you want by making chronometer etc) with side quests.
    They now trying to distribute these gems so that the lower or mid-tier summoners can awake some champs who they think are good and help them clearing content.
    Now these awakening gems aren’t much worth for many players who already got their most of the 5* duped and that too at high levels by playing so long. The meta of game has shifted to 6* already for higher tier players.
    If I take my example, I’m holding a generic 5* awakening from last year x-mas gift and two other gems (Science & Skill) but there aren’t any champs who worth duping or i had already duped the ones which are worthy way before and/or not getting other few desired champs due to RNG maybe.

So the side quests seems pointless if you are playing at higher level and explored Act6 and Abyss and getting a big chunk of glory every week through AQ and some shards from wars.

In order to cater the needs of different categories players they need to customise the side quests and EQ rewards as well. All cavaliers aren’t equal. The one standing at act6 100% are much much ahead of 6.1 completion players.

So it’ll be interesting to know how they going to resolve the issue in coming times.

The ONLY part of the game that has shifted to 6*s is prestige and high tier AW defense. Outside of that 5*s are still useful to everyone.

I've got 96 6*s and over 12k prestige but still regularly rank and use 5*s. Acting like the champs themselves or the resources for them aren't worth anything now is silly. Not having an immediate use for an AG doesn't mean you won't be really glad you have it in a few months if they release some new champ you want.
    I agree with this. I'm surprised at how fast people write off Champs. 6*s weren't even released and they swore off anything lower than a 5*. Now they're saying 5*s aren't worth investing in? No wonder people are running out of Gold so fast.

Those alliance tickets are horrible. No matter how I look at the numbers AQ has become more expensive. I know you say it isn't that's why you took the gold away but your math sucks. Another bad move.

Except that this isn't true at all. It's cheaper for everyone (although minimally for map 6) and you have way more resource flexibility now.
    Resource flexibility is a lie. You are FORCED to use all three, or else pay a highly inflated value of one resource. There is no flexibility anymore.
    Having the option to use more of one and less or none of another is absolutely flexibility. There's a cost associated to do so but plenty of people are willing to pay it. People have tens of millions of gold they can't do anything with that can now basically play AQ for just gold.

Just bc you don't want to pay the inflated costs to use less resource types doesn't mean you don't have the option or it's a bad move. I know far more players happy about it than upset. The forum is just an echo chamber of whining bc most of the content people can't be bothered to spend anytime here.
    Lol, you had far more flexibility previously, for an even trade between team members. You are using the term flexibility very loosely. Maybe some of the "top" legit alliances are happy about it, but the statement that a majority is, is false. Give me statistics to prove it and you can persuade me. I'm echoing my sentiment, and that of my alliance's. That doesn't make it "whining". I dont like it, doesnt mean I wont cope with it. I'm giving my feedback on the system.
    Trading within an alliance only worked out for those that were fortunate to find a trade. This is an option for everyone regardless of getting lucky.

Flexibility just means more people have options which is just a fact now. You just don't like your option. I don't personally know a single person that doesn't like it. I also can't think of a single legitimate reason for someone else not to think it's better overall. I certainly haven't seen a valid one mentioned here.

The ONLY part of the game that has shifted to 6*s is prestige and high tier AW defense. Outside of that 5*s are still useful to everyone.

I've got 96 6*s and over 12k prestige but still regularly rank and use 5*s. Acting like the champs themselves or the resources for them aren't worth anything now is silly. Not having an immediate use for an AG doesn't mean you won't be really glad you have it in a few months if they release some new champ you want.
    I’m not Saying 5* aren’t useful but for future prospects and high end players 5* serves not much purpose. You yourself saying only part of game shifted to 6* are defenders and prestige and that’s in itself is the only part for higher end players that matters. Continuously duping same 5* diminished their values already.
    As time passes by the value of a thing deteriorates. By no means you now enjoy a 4* awakening gem because you progressed that much that it won’t cater you in any way. And you might be upgrading 5* because of the scarcity of t5CC or not having perfect 6* to rank up and letting resources used rather than getting them expire. And if this is not the case with you then it’s your choice but I’m just making a presumption.
  • TheMightyJonTheMightyJon Posts: 52
    I know it might be for everyone but the option to buy Nexus crystals for say 20k shards would definitely be welcomed. It doesn't guarantee anything (my 5* nexus from Act 6 gave me a choice between duping someone for the 4th time or two meme tier champs) but at least it would feel as though I wasn't quite as much at the mercy of bad RNG.
    I'd rather get to open half the number of crystals and feel like I had a bit of a chance of pulling someone useable.
    As it is I've actually started to get stressed about opening my 6*s (and 5*s to a lesser degree) and whether its all complete random chance or not it would be great to not feel like this because I think opening champs is meant to be one of the fun bits.

I’m not Saying 5* aren’t useful but for future prospects and high end players 5* serves not much purpose. You yourself saying only part of game shifted to 6* are defenders and prestige and that’s in itself is the only part for higher end players that matters. Continuously duping same 5* diminished their values already.
    As time passes by the value of a thing deteriorates. By no means you now enjoy a 4* awakening gem because you progressed that much that it won’t cater you in any way. And you might be upgrading 5* because of the scarcity of t5CC or not having perfect 6* to rank up and letting resources used rather than getting them expire. And if this is not the case with you then it’s your choice but I’m just making a presumption.
    My entire war attack team was 5*s last war...

I have plenty of champs to rank. I rank what's useful regardless of how many stars they have.
  • Those alliance tickets are horrible. No matter how I look at the numbers AQ has become more expensive. I know you say it isn't that's why you took the gold away but your math sucks. Another bad move.

Lol, you had far more flexibility previously, for an even trade between team members. You are using the term flexibility very loosely. Maybe some of the "top" legit alliances are happy about it, but the statement that a majority is, is false. Give me statistics to prove it and you can persuade me. I'm echoing my sentiment, and that of my alliance's. That doesn't make it "whining". I dont like it, doesnt mean I wont cope with it. I'm giving my feedback on the system.
    Trading within an alliance only worked out for those that were fortunate to find a trade. This is an option for everyone regardless of getting lucky.

Flexibility just means more people have options which is just a fact now. You just don't like your option. I don't personally know a single person that doesn't like it. I also can't think of a single legitimate reason for someone else not to think it's better overall. I certainly haven't seen a valid one mentioned here.
    An easy answer to this is that the "same trade" of 'x' amount of resources got your donations done. Now, it is more than "x" to get the same donations done. Easy enough?
    A good scale is 90 units (with trade) got two people's bc donations done. Now, 75 units gets a single bc donation done. Easy enough?
    The same way that 4*s were still useful for high Sigs and Dup Shards, 5*s are still useful. People aren't past the point of 5*s being useful. Not even close.

I have plenty of champs to rank. I rank what's useful regardless of how many stars they have.
    But you’ll always prefer higher stars of same champs than its lower ones.
    If you were having similar 6* instead of 5* then you might have used them instead in war.
    A player standing at 12k prestige upgrading 3*/4* seems strange. But yeah for fun can be done with few champs or to use resources rather letting them expire.

An easy answer to this is that the "same trade" of 'x' amount of resources got your donations done. Now, it is more than "x" to get the same donations done. Easy enough?
    A good scale is 90 units (with trade) got two people's bc donations done. Now, 75 units gets a single bc donation done. Easy enough?
    Like I said, trading wasn't available to everyone especially if they didn't want to use loyalty. Now it is.

Do I think the scaling cost was necessary? Of course not. I'd rather have what we have now than what we had before though and everyone I know personally agrees.

I'm not sure what or why the bc/unit cost changed as I always donated bcs. Only thing I ever used units for was loyalty. The only resource that's difficult to get is loyalty. Any difference in bcs can be made up with one arena session I'd bet.

The system is better as a whole for more people so it's better. Do some people that were already making trades lose out? Sure, but their the minority and why should an entire system cater to the minority over the majority?
  • Those alliance tickets are horrible. No matter how I look at the numbers AQ has become more expensive. I know you say it isn't that's why you took the gold away but your math sucks. Another bad move.

Like I said, trading wasn't available to everyone especially if they didn't want to use loyalty. Now it is.

Do I think the scaling cost was necessary? Of course not. I'd rather have what we have now than what we had before though and everyone I know personally agrees.

I'm not sure what or why the bc/unit cost changed as I always donated bcs. Only thing I ever used units for was loyalty. The only resource that's difficult to get is loyalty. Any difference in bcs can be made up with one arena session I'd bet.

The system is better as a whole for more people so it's better. Do some people that were already making trades lose out? Sure, but their the minority and why should an entire system cater to the minority over the majority?
    I disagree with the "majority"/"minority" as there is no basis in that statement. I argue that the scaling cost removes the benefits of the framework of this system. Is this system inherently good? Yes. But the scaling cost nullifies any good it does.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

I mean the system was basically made for top level alliances since there were resource dumpers there. The rest of the player base didn't care since they weren't affected. Doesn't that make Map 7 guys the minority? And the system has benefitted them the most.
    I don't care much about tickets. They do help in ways, but this system hasn't helped Map 6 at all. We're stuck at the same level with basically no difference. Map 5 folks now have no donations, Map 7 have massively reduced donations. And the trade in for BC to units is definitely terrible.

I disagree with the "majority"/"minority" as there is no basis in that statement. I argue that the scaling cost removes the benefits of the framework of this system. Is this system inherently good? Yes. But the scaling cost nullifies any good it does.
    The scaling cost encourages spreading it out across multiple Resources.

I mean the system was basically made for top level alliances since there were resource dumpers there. The rest of the player base didn't care since they weren't affected. Doesn't that make Map 7 guys the minority? And the system has benefitted them the most.
    I don't care much about tickets. They do help in ways, but this system hasn't helped Map 6 at all. We're stuck at the same level with basically no difference. Map 5 folks now have no donations, Map 7 have massively reduced donations. And the trade in for BC to units is definitely terrible.
    Map 6 costs aren't even slightly difficult to keep up with though. Map 7 used to cost more loyalty than it was basically even possible for most to earn in a cycle. It all but forced people to use units to compensate.

And also I meant minority vs majority in the sense of people already having access to resource swaps within their own alliance vs those who weren't lucky enough to have someone to trade with. Now the entire alliance can choose to use more or less of specific resources without relying on lucking into having some willing to trade what you wanted.

I'm not sure what the reasoning behind the minimal map 6 reduction was honestly. But like I said, the cost of map 6 wasn't prohibitive prior to the change either. Still not sure why they couldn't have cut it down more than they did.

But you’ll always prefer higher stars of same champs than its lower ones.
    If you were having similar 6* instead of 5* then you might have used them instead in war.
    A player standing at 12k prestige upgrading 3*/4* seems strange. But yeah for fun can be done with few champs or to use resources rather letting them expire.
    Who's talking about 3/4* champs? This was you basically saying that 5* champs and resources are worthless to you. It's possible but unlikely you have a larger / higher ranked account than myself and I still regularly rank and use 5*s.

The notion that 5*s aren't worth ranking anymore even for the whales is ridiculous really. There's such a minimal jump between a R5 5* and R3 6* that outside of war defense where they get massive stat increases from nodes it barely even matters.

I just said my whole attack team was 5*s last war. I had 4 R3 6*s on the bench not even on defense bc guess what, my 5* options were more useful for the path I was taking.

The scaling cost encourages spreading it out across multiple Resources.
    And completely defeats the fact of you being able to choose what resource you want to spend freely. Because who would want to pay that much extra unless they were desperate?
    People don't have any amassed to spend freely unless they put time and effort into the game somehow.