**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★

Guess it's a good thing that Kabam continues to design content that none of you actually need 6*s for at all or some of you might be in trouble....

5* pool was even worse in the beginning and they took just as long. Most of you just either weren't playing the game yet or have very selective memories.

Good point. It is great that the content isn't locked to 6* difficulty. And they are trying to improve upon their design philosophy of not just scaling up attack on the nodes for later progression (past cavalier) game content.

I guess I wasn't clear with my post.

I am ok with Kabam having bad 6*s in the pool. But I'd rather they have more champs on the average level than far below average on the power scale, so the feeling of not pulling a top 40 champ lessen for every pull for each individual player (this is partly because old awful 2015/2016/2017 champs haven't been buffed, so even back then when they were considered below average damage output wise, the newer released champs outscale them. So the amount of relative balance got even more skewed. Yet Kabam still prioritizes having them all in the 6* pool.

I don't expect Kabam to keep pace contentwise with the biggest of spenders, but there are lots of room to provide the community with things to work towards.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Guess it's a good thing that Kabam continues to design content that none of you actually need 6*s for at all or some of you might be in trouble....

5* pool was even worse in the beginning and they took just as long. Most of you just either weren't playing the game yet or have very selective memories.

Good point. It is great that the content isn't locked to 6* difficulty. And they are trying to improve upon their design philosophy of not just scaling up attack on the nodes for later progression (past cavalier) game content.

I guess I wasn't clear with my post.

I am ok with Kabam having bad 6*s in the pool. But I'd rather they have more champs on the average level than far below average on the power scale, so the feeling of not pulling a top 40 champ lessen for every pull for each individual player (this is partly because old awful 2015/2016/2017 champs haven't been buffed, so even back then when they were considered below average damage output wise, the newer released champs outscale them. So the amount of relative balance got even more skewed. Yet Kabam still prioritizes having them all in the 6* pool.

I don't expect Kabam to keep pace contentwise with the biggest of spenders, but there are lots of room to provide the community with things to work towards.
    And I get the disappointment of continually getting nothing that's actually useful outside of arena. I just take an issue with the sentiment that 6*s are even needed yet outside of an incredibly small percentage of the playerbase.

I'm curious as to what if anything Kabam plans on doing about champ acquisition (though I feel making an adjustment to 5*s is a far larger issue than 6*s personally}. Whatever they do change if anything, I just hope they're able to find a medium between what is currently in place and the complete opposite side that some players seem to want by making basically every crystal give them something they want.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★

Yeah my first 5* was Ironman and I was somewhat happy. It was a different time in the game though. There eventually was a 5* feature which granted 20% to target a champ. You have no such targeting of 6* and the overall pool of champs is far greater than when 5* came out. I consider myself pretty lucky as I only have 19 6* and 4 and great champs 1 is good and the rest are arena fodder
  • Options

Yeah my first 5* was Ironman and I was somewhat happy. It was a different time in the game though. There eventually was a 5* feature which granted 20% to target a champ. You have no such targeting of 6* and the overall pool of champs is far greater than when 5* came out. I consider myself pretty lucky as I only have 19 6* and 4 and great champs 1 is good and the rest are arena fodder
    Heck even the initial 6* pool was horrendous compared to what we have now. People were legitimately upset bc they though cap ww2 wasn't actually in the pool when he was supposed to be. Flipping cap ww2 and Angela were considered the big wins....
  • Options

@Worknprogress
    “5* pool was even worse”
    Ok let’s me remember some thing....
    Oh that’s right there were magic and star lord in 5* crystal that used to contain about 12 champions when they first introduced!
    And they didn’t add ANYMORE for quite time to allows players to get some of them and then they introduced the og featured 5* crystal which was the days I mostly had fun with.
    But they take them out because they weren’t “balanced”,and I get that they need to get something from the champion they makes.
    I wouldn’t mind it if that were the case but then act 6 and 6* happened.
    And they introduced the caviler crystal!!
    From that point they completely make the game about those cavs crystal and either you spend or continue popping six and five star champs just to hopefully get the champion you need to clear the content.
    I get that you don’t need 6* for every fight but they are the future of the game.
    If they want to continue with 6* they shouldn’t add outdated champs that SERVICES NO PURPOSE other than arena into this very RARA crystal.
    For f2p the only EASY WAY to get them is by completing EQ every month.
    Iam not counting Act five and varins because they are a one time reward.
    Imo there should be only six champs 1 from every class that is average not USELESS
    Because USELESS shouldn’t exist if they have no purpose than arena they are just there to “balance” the crystal system that is already broken by cavs crystal that ALLOWED whales to get there hand on six stars FEATURED CHAMPS!

You don't NEED 6*s at all yet though. Literally the only content in the game you need even okay 6*s is the 6* path in 6.2.5 (which is a quest I have an inside with in general).

Getting 6*s is rare now, soon it won't be. Do you have any idea how expensive it is to get 6* featured champs from cavs with any regularity? The percentage of people that are able to do that is miniscule. You can't look at what people spending thousands upon thousands of dollars are getting (that again isn't even needed to do any progressional content in the game. People just want them, not need them) and then compare it to f2p players moving along with the natural progression curve of the game.
  • Options
    Samuel030sSamuel030s Posts: 125
    edited June 2020
    6*s are the future of the game, but I still see maxed 5*s being relevant till at least the end of this year. While the amount of less than desirable Champions in the 6* pool could be an issue, I think that the following could be an issue with 6*s as whole currently.
    When 5*s were introduced, they purposefully excluded Champions that were dominant in the meta (Scarlet Witch, Thor, Black Widow, etc.), which meant that players looking to pull the new 5*s had to branch out to using Champions they weren't familiar with. While certain Champions (Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), Archangel, Blade etc.) aren't available as 6*s, there are plenty of Champions available as 6*s that people already have as maxed 5*s. Thus when, you look to pull a 6*, you're likely looking to pull Domino, Corvus Glaive, Ghost, Symbiote Supreme, etc. Because you can only R3 a 6* currently, a 6* pull really only feels satisfactory if you pull someone you already have. Thus it may be that this is more an issue with the design of power progression as a whole, and not the 6* pool itself.
  • Options

@Worknprogress
    You missed the point again.
    Iam not saying I NEED 6* to clear content I just used as an example.
    My point tho is that 6* are the future of the game and I am looking forward to build my roaster for 6* champ but how I can do that if almost 90% of 6 stars in pool is MEME TIER champ?

So something you want then? And bc you want it you should have it?

I'm not even saying that changes shouldn't be made, just pointing out that what you're asking for is essentially a luxury not a necessity at this point currently.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    edited June 2020

Well there are 6* gates in Act 6 content. Act 4 gates had character gates (e.g. Spidey classic and colossus) which could be unlocked by those characters of any star rarity. Not only are there 6* gates, the gates are in the worst part of the content which was 6.2.

6.2.5 has a 6* gate with Magik on the path. Magik is noded with cornered, bubble shield, stun immunity, brute force and 100% power gain. Jesus
  • Options
    gohard123 said:

Well there are 6* gates in Act 6 content. Act 4 gates had character gates (e.g. Spidey classic and colossus) which could be unlocked by those characters of any star rarity. Not only are there 6* gates, the gates are in the worst part of the content which was 6.2.

6.2.5 has a 6* gate with Magik on the path. Magik is noded with cornered, bubble shield, stun immunity, brute force and 100% power gain. Jesus
    I mentioned 6.2.5 specifically in another post as it's really the only one that you almost have to actually be able to use some of your 6*s and not just bring passengers along with your one 5*.

The rest of the 6* gates you can basically just use your 5*s
  • Options
    I swear some of you want them to make a whole new game. Crystals earned from difficult content don't have any better odds to get something good than any other crystal formed from shards. Crystals that take a long time to form today don't guarantee anything good either. Those same crystals also take much less time to form later.

I'm not sure how new some of you are but that's how games like this work. Always has been.
  • Options
    Samuel030sSamuel030s Posts: 125
    And now 5*s are more accessible than ever, you can get over 30k shards this month by running the Side Event.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

I swear some of you want them to make a whole new game. Crystals earned from difficult content don't have any better odds to get something good than any other crystal formed from shards. Crystals that take a long time to form today don't guarantee anything good either. Those same crystals also take much less time to form later.

I'm not sure how new some of you are but that's how games like this work. Always has been.

Agree with you 100%. I think people equate reward to good champs from the crystal rather than the shards themselves. I think there are two ways to go about this. Either change champion acquisition model, which I don't know how, we have had some ideas with nexus crystals, or class specific crystals or tag specific crystal.

The other option is to give the guaranteed rewards for completion and exploration(t2a Cats, t5cc selector), and distribute the rng based rewards for the whole chapter. What I mean is if we get 10k 5 star shards for completion distribute those shards for completion of each chapter.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

God, someone gets it. Thank you.
  • Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Mike439 said:

@Worknprogress
    You missed the point again.
    Iam not saying I NEED 6* to clear content I just used as an example.
    My point tho is that 6* are the future of the game and I am looking forward to build my roaster for 6* champ but how I can do that if almost 90% of 6 stars in pool is MEME TIER champ?

You have plenty of time to open more 6* before you absolutely need an amazing 6* to progress further.
    Hell, half of the “god tier” champs require a high sig anyway which is unlikely on a 6* unless you spend a ton.
    If you asked me today if I’d rather a 5* or 6* champ like namor, I’d take the 5* all day because it’s easier to awaken him and get dogs in him.

Does it suck getting a bad 6? Yes.
    Is getting a good 6* (over a 5*) game changing? Not at all.
    My 6r2 guilly99 doesn’t do anything better than my 5*. Only reason she’s r2 is because I pulled the 5* after the 6*.
    I got My Nick fury at Rank 3 6* and believe me he is wrecking everything at signature level of 6 🤣
    And I’m a F2P sijce I started playing so hadn’t spent a ton really only casual arena grindings.
  • Options
    RogerRabs said:

You know it’s a bad argument when you rely on “that’s always how it’s been”.
    Not near as bad as "this isn't fair. I can't get what I want all the time. I'm not getting the things I don't need but want even though I'm not willing to spend the time or money to get them. *Pout*"

Bc that's basically what most of y'all are saying.