**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Some of you are like kids sitting in the back seat asking their parents if you're there yet I swear

You act like people don’t put their money into the game and are just acting liking spoiled kids rather than dissatisfied customers.
    Didn't they swear off spending? Just saying.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Some of you are like kids sitting in the back seat asking their parents if you're there yet I swear

You act like people don’t put their money into the game and are just acting liking spoiled kids rather than dissatisfied customers.
    The boycotters did, but I was under the impression that it is a small minority of players who are boycotting. I for one still spend my normal amount, five bucks a month on the daily unit card. I’m not ready to not spending until Kabam gives me a reason too and they haven’t so far. It’s a little unfair to boycott before Kabam even announced their roadmap I think.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

The boycotters did, but I was under the impression that it is a small minority of players who are boycotting. I for one still spend my normal amount, five bucks a month on the daily unit card. I’m not ready to not spending until Kabam gives me a reason too and they haven’t so far. It’s a little unfair to boycott before Kabam even announced their roadmap I think.
    Not that I'm really implying people have less of a say if they spend or not. I'm just highlighting the fact that the paying customer point becomes kind of moot when we see many people on a daily basis say they refuse to spend on the game because they're not happy with the service. Aside from the movement going on right now, that seems to be a general attitude among people who are discontent. "I'm not giving Kabam my money.".
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Posts: 194 ★★
    Givin the issue with intel, and that they have to prepare the announcement of current's month side quest, I don't expect to have an updated roadmap straight away. It's pointless (and childish) to complain on the 1st of June when they said early june, let's wait and start complaining if they haven't announced anything by the 8th, for instance.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I've got a lot more put into it than all but a very few people honestly
    arsjum said:

I wonder how it would work for you if you were still in the alliance which started the b- movement and whose leader has been throwing temper tantrums like a petulant child on his twitter account. I mean, ffs, he even quoted Elie Wiesel to make a point about his stance against Kabam. Yeah, quote a Holocaust survivor's inspirational quote about standing up to evil to justify your boycott of a game.
    I would have left now as opposed to leaving when I did. I still keep in touch with a lot of them and told them that I didn't agree with the whole thing personally. I won't say some of the complaints made aren't valid bc some of them are, that doesn't mean I agree with all of them or how things were handled.

I've also said repeatedly that maybe people should just have a little patience and wait to see what they end up saying this month in relation to everything
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Pulyaman said:

xNig said:

Hm.... kids are supposed to have fun in school right?

I guess a good takeaway from all these demands is that a good majority of parents will storm into the principal’s office and complain that a test was too hard, resulting in their kid failing the test. They then demand that the test be made easier so that their kid can pass the test with his current knowledge.

Oh and the questions set should not be too specific as well, otherwise it’ll be too demanding on the child.

👍🏻

That's a ridiculous comparison. If each student is given a random book and is asked to take the same test. Then grade the papers and give out marks randomly instead of the judging the effort put it, your analogy would be perfect.
    Sadly, everyone is given the exact same book and the same opportunities to acquire the required results. Some might take more time than others due to skill, knowledge, and readiness to spend, but eventually everyone will get there. It's just the impatient ones who are complaining.

Also, sorry for the reality check. Effort put in =/ Results. Effort is the LEAST worth mentioning component that should be used as a reason because that is the bare minimum anyone is putting in. It takes a combination of effort, knowledge, skill and luck to be successful at anything.
    Sorry, but I don't know how your comparison works. I thought of books as the champs, and the test as the maps. But, I am not here to convince you or anyone else of whether to make any content easier. My only point is in your ratio of effort, knowledge,skill and luck, luck seems to be the highest requirement.I am opening 1 5 star per week. I am not looking for perfect counters, even moderate counters seem to be hard to come by.When you keep duping OG Ironman and OG Black panther or yellow jacket you get a little frustrated. But, I did not do act 5 immediately, and I will not do act 6 immediately even if Kabam makes it easier. I will do it when I am confident I can do it with minimum or no items.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Just gonna say it out.

People who have explored A6 have my respect, regardless if they spent to pass it, or cleared it through skill. They persevered through building their deep rosters, either using money, effort and or time, and are rewarded with end game rewards earlier than the majority of players.

There are people in this game that I know, who practiced tirelessly against the Champion until they managed to get him down. People who ask for advice, listen to suggestions, put in the rank up materials and resources to acquire champs needed to clear content for the end game reward that they want. These people, deserve my utmost respect.

People who complain that content is too hard, or the game is unfair, or they don’t have enough gold/ISOs, don’t deserve the respect. And it is very reflective in my tone when talking to people like that.

It’s simple, who are you to decide that you DESERVE the end game rewards when you’ve not even put in the bare minimum of effort or money to build up your roster, that others have painstakingly put in?

All that is done is complain and hope that someone caves to give you what you want, make content easier so that YOU can pass through it without putting in the effort needed.

That's a very strange post. I have no idea why you think people are expecting your respect and why you think people complaining about the difficulty of act 6 have not put the effort in. Almost Every youtuber who has completed the content is complaining about act 6. So, its not like the thanos fight which was very easy once you practiced that you could get it done, but people complained about it.
    I agree that people who complain about resources line gold, iso are not correct, they are available in arena if you are FTP or PTW. But, regarding difficulty of act 6, If you have completed it, good for you, saying that I was forced to go through that, everyone has to is not right. Or is it that you don't want anyone else to complete it?
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

Pulyaman said:

xNig said:

I guess a good takeaway from all these demands is that a good majority of parents will storm into the principal’s office and complain that a test was too hard, resulting in their kid failing the test. They then demand that the test be made easier so that their kid can pass the test with his current knowledge.

Oh and the questions set should not be too specific as well, otherwise it’ll be too demanding on the child.

👍🏻

That's a ridiculous comparison. If each student is given a random book and is asked to take the same test. Then grade the papers and give out marks randomly instead of the judging the effort put it, your analogy would be perfect.
    Sadly, everyone is given the exact same book and the same opportunities to acquire the required results. Some might take more time than others due to skill, knowledge, and readiness to spend, but eventually everyone will get there. It's just the impatient ones who are complaining.

Also, sorry for the reality check. Effort put in =/ Results. Effort is the LEAST worth mentioning component that should be used as a reason because that is the bare minimum anyone is putting in. It takes a combination of effort, knowledge, skill and luck to be successful at anything.
    Sorry, but the probability of that happening to everyone is ridiculous. If everyone then went and beat all content, why would they then say “ohh that was the most hardest content in the game but I beat it easy”. Sure they make content hard for a reason, all games have a upward curve but it isn’t impossible.

Mic drop.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Pulyaman said:

xNig said:

👍🏻

Sorry, but the probability of that happening to everyone is ridiculous. Sure they make content hard for a reason, all games have a upward curve. But random things can change player experiences

Mic drop.
    The probability of that happening to everyone is 100% given enough time has passed. People who spend shorten this “time” with more crystal openings, people who grind shorten it as well through shards acquired from arena, and from war and quests etc other aspects of the game.

People who don’t grind, don’t spend and pray that they get lucky with their once-in-2-week 5*s are those who are in for disappointment.

Once again, effort is the bare minimum.

Mic drop.
    I don't grind arena .. not a penny spent
    I have still finished Act 6.. 100 per cent
    B)
    Champ acquisition has definitely played a part hasn't it? You've taken up weaker counters as I've read before in the thread, but definitely would have had some of the top champs to help clear content?
    Skill is definitely the main thing since you don't grind, but can't say that having the right champs in the roster hasn't helped.
    There is currently a thread on page 1 from a frustrated player who is cursing Kabam because he doesn't have Heimdall and thus cannot get past 6.2 Sinister. After a few posts from other commenters, he realised he has other counters to that fight.

People are fixated on THE PERFECT COUNTER for each path whereas many others exist. If you are playing the game at a high level for a long time, you are bound to have a set of god tiers. I have already written a long list of god tiers that I am missing. Yes, I have some but everyone got some.

P.S. 1 I have written against the RNG of rewards and frankly, for me, it is a problem as my 6* roster is worst than someone who is probably stuck in 6.1. I can't use any of the t5cc I have. I can't use the awakening gems that I have. However, I also believe it does not really stop a mature roster from completing Act 6.

P.S. 2. I am also for changing Sinister fight. It is too niche. I used that as an example of how people can overlook champs in their roster due to bad information that they have received or not thinking through the abilities of their champs.
    Not saying anything about having too many god-tier champs lol. And I agree, it isn't about having the perfect counter. But all I'm saying is that RNG rewards change the game for people. Was using this as an example to say that if someone just puts in effort but doesn't have a good counter, it's not the same as someone who has the right counter. Not Perfect Counter, but a good one nonetheless. I'm against Niche fights is all. Having a set of 3-4 champs to finish a lane isn't fun. Everyone talks about Magik for Gimme lane. 4 years into the game, I just got her. There are many people who won't even have her. There are other counters, but just using it as an example to show that you can play the game for a long time and still not have champs needed to finish certain fights.
    If they do want to keep the same difficulty and type of fights, then would definitely be better to improve the ways to get champs.

Haji_Saab said:

Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

Pulyaman said:

xNig said:

👍🏻

Sorry, but the probability of that happening to everyone is ridiculous. If everyone then went and beat all content, why would they then say “ohh that was the most hardest content in the game but I beat it easy”. Sure they make content hard for a reason, all games have a upward curve but it isn’t impossible.

Mic drop.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Pulyaman said:

xNig said:

👍🏻

Sorry, but the probability of that happening to everyone is ridiculous. Sure they make content hard for a reason, all games have a upward curve. But random things can change player experiences

Mic drop.
    The probability of that happening to everyone is 100% given enough time has passed. People who spend shorten this “time” with more crystal openings, people who grind shorten it as well through shards acquired from arena, and from war and quests etc other aspects of the game.

People who don’t grind, don’t spend and pray that they get lucky with their once-in-2-week 5*s are those who are in for disappointment.

Once again, effort is the bare minimum.

Mic drop.
    I don't grind arena .. not a penny spent
    I have still finished Act 6.. 100 per cent
    B)
    Champ acquisition has definitely played a part hasn't it? You've taken up weaker counters as I've read before in the thread, but definitely would have had some of the top champs to help clear content?
    Skill is definitely the main thing since you don't grind, but can't say that having the right champs in the roster hasn't helped.
    There is currently a thread on page 1 from a frustrated player who is cursing Kabam because he doesn't have Heimdall and thus cannot get past 6.2 Sinister. After a few posts from other commenters, he realised he has other counters to that fight.

People are fixated on THE PERFECT COUNTER for each path whereas many others exist. If you are playing the game at a high level for a long time, you are bound to have a set of god tiers. I have already written a long list of god tiers that I am missing. Yes, I have some but everyone got some.

P.S. 1 I have written against the RNG of rewards and frankly, for me, it is a problem as my 6* roster is worst than someone who is probably stuck in 6.1. I can't use any of the t5cc I have. I can't use the awakening gems that I have. However, I also believe it does not really stop a mature roster from completing Act 6.

P.S. 2. I am also for changing Sinister fight. It is too niche. I used that as an example of how people can overlook champs in their roster due to bad information that they have received or not thinking through the abilities of their champs.
    Not saying anything about having too many god-tier champs lol. And I agree, it isn't about having the perfect counter. But all I'm saying is that RNG rewards change the game for people. Was using this as an example to say that if someone just puts in effort but doesn't have a good counter, it's not the same as someone who has the right counter. Not Perfect Counter, but a good one nonetheless. I'm against Niche fights is all. Having a set of 3-4 champs to finish a lane isn't fun. Everyone talks about Magik for Gimme lane. 4 years into the game, I just got her. There are many people who won't even have her. There are other counters, but just using it as an example to show that you can play the game for a long time and still not have champs needed to finish certain fights.
    If they do want to keep the same difficulty and type of fights, then would definitely be better to improve the ways to get champs.
    Voodoo with Suicides works wonders on that Gimme path. My r4 cleared it with little trouble.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Make all aq maps free. Charging end game players to play end game aq makes no sense.

The barrier to entry shouldn’t be your resources but rather roster depth and skill.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    gohard123 said:

Another wonderful addition to the growing 6* roster

I forgot to add Korg, Mephisto, Karnak and Elsa. That KG is a nice sig 40 dupe
    The new 6 star featured is fantastic, this will be the first time I actually go for the featured six star over the basic. Props!
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Nice to see you’ve really listened to the complaints about 6*s and decided to add OG cap to the pool, excellent work I’m sure everyone that pulls him will appreciate it.
    The only positive is you’ve only added 1 champ that’s completely worthless this time and 2 that are mostly useless.

Hey, at least they added Doom...

There's always going to be a need for bad champs. They're put there to balance out the "good" champs.
  • TheMightyJonTheMightyJon Posts: 52

Nice to see you’ve really listened to the complaints about 6*s and decided to add OG cap to the pool, excellent work I’m sure everyone that pulls him will appreciate it.
    The only positive is you’ve only added 1 champ that’s completely worthless this time and 2 that are mostly useless.

There's always going to be a need for bad champs. They're put there to balance out the "good" champs.
    To be honest I'd have thought the 6* pool was shabby enough anyway, if balancing needed to be done it definitely didn't need making worse....
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

To be honest I'd have thought the 6* pool was shabby enough anyway, if balancing needed to be done it definitely didn't need making worse....
    I mean you could argue that the additions as a whole didn't make the pool "worse".
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

There’s more than enough completely useless 6*s in the pool now, already diluted it enough that most dread it when opening a 6*. If anything the pool needs balancing more towards the ‘usable’ end of the spectrum.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

You say that like those are mutually exclusive. As a business owner, I can attest they are not.

Kabam stated multiple times they've taken this feedback into consideration and discussing internally what they intended to do about it, but that they would be taking some time before responding and an immediate response wasn't happening. If that's unacceptable to someone, that's their prerogative. But rhetorically wondering aloud why Kabam is doing exactly what they said they would do isn't expressing dissatisfaction of any constructive kind.

My paying customers deserve to have their feedback heard, and to have their feedback responded to on a reasonable timescale. But their rights are not unlimited, and incessantly demanding status reports when I have nothing more to add is not one of the rights I grant to paying customers. If that's what they think their money buys, they can buy it from someone else.

Also, as a paying customer every minute the devs spend crafting forum messages that are intended to placate the players demanding status while saying exactly nothing because they can't talk about internal development that is in flux or hasn't been decided yet is taking time away from what I want them working on, which is the best possible road map moving forward. So as a paying customer representing paying customers that value productivity over meaningless hand-holding, I'd like them to only come back to say something when they have something meaningful to say. And if they are still working on developing a strategy moving forward, then there's nothing yet to say.

The quicker they get back to us, the less likely I think they are taking this seriously and the more I think they are responding only to be able to say they responded. Actually changing direction takes way more time than they've had yet.
    I get that, I’ve worked in the restaurant industry long enough to know that ninety percent of the time the customers are rude and wrong, but my point is that name calling and insulting other players isn’t a productive action and doesn’t help anyone.
    Agreed. That part of it serves no useful purpose.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

You say that like those are mutually exclusive. As a business owner, I can attest they are not.

Kabam stated multiple times they've taken this feedback into consideration and discussing internally what they intended to do about it, but that they would be taking some time before responding and an immediate response wasn't happening. If that's unacceptable to someone, that's their prerogative. But rhetorically wondering aloud why Kabam is doing exactly what they said they would do isn't expressing dissatisfaction of any constructive kind.

My paying customers deserve to have their feedback heard, and to have their feedback responded to on a reasonable timescale. But their rights are not unlimited, and incessantly demanding status reports when I have nothing more to add is not one of the rights I grant to paying customers. If that's what they think their money buys, they can buy it from someone else.

Also, as a paying customer every minute the devs spend crafting forum messages that are intended to placate the players demanding status while saying exactly nothing because they can't talk about internal development that is in flux or hasn't been decided yet is taking time away from what I want them working on, which is the best possible road map moving forward. So as a paying customer representing paying customers that value productivity over meaningless hand-holding, I'd like them to only come back to say something when they have something meaningful to say. And if they are still working on developing a strategy moving forward, then there's nothing yet to say.

The quicker they get back to us, the less likely I think they are taking this seriously and the more I think they are responding only to be able to say they responded. Actually changing direction takes way more time than they've had yet.
    I get that, I’ve worked in the restaurant industry long enough to know that ninety percent of the time the customers are rude and wrong, but my point is that name calling and insulting other players isn’t a productive action and doesn’t help anyone.
    Neither does asking the same question repeatedly every single day when you already have an answer to it. You'll get a response sometime early this month. Early could mean basically anytime in the first half of the month so until there's something to actually react to, maybe people should stop reacting to nothing for a bit
  • DragonBloodÆDragonBloodÆ Posts: 28
    edited June 2020
    @Wozzy101 They are scared to add original wolverine and scarlet witch because they think they can clear content easily.