**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

AQ Timeout

Comments

• A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
    edited May 2020

Timeouts in war have always counted as deaths

A l p h a said:

Seriously were 16 hours into this problem now... Why have no mods given this attention?? Timeouts are tough to avoid on some fights, but when they result in deaths its unfair... Season starts in 6 hours, this is going to be a major problem if timeouts still lead to K.O in war!

I am aware of that, but if you time out you heal up and try again. But if champs now die on a timeout. You need to spend 180 units to revive instead.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★

Yo do know that this probably is a bug right not a nerf? You guys always jump the gun on “nerf! Nerf!nerf!” When you should post in the forum and say “hey I think I encountered a bug has anyone else encountered this?” Then you won’t get people all hyped up it’s a nerf and theyll say “yeah I encountered this bug too.” Then we can get video proof of it.

I agree the use of nerf is flung around too readily but if you play aq with a particular strategy that is within the rules and all of a sudden mid aq the rules change without you being told, probably have a reason to be upset. Of course kabam can, when they wake, acknowledge the issue and assure all it will be fixed before next map with a small in game token of 2-3 revives and it would be a non issue after that. Is that what will happen? we will have to wait and see.
  • CozCoz Posts: 42
    Just happened to me 3 times in AQ with Corvus!!!!!!
  • SeraphSeraph Posts: 65
    Either change Corvus's signature ability or fix what you broke....
  • Eli_GreyEli_Grey Posts: 3
    I am having the same issue. My alliance plays Map 6 and some of these fights can be very long and result in a timeout. I’m out of resources and refuse to spend to revive when I’m laid off with no income,
  • CaykoCayko Posts: 111
    edited May 2020
    So, from LINE chats this doesn't look like a bug but happens when you're below a certain percentage of health, and to all champs.

Now if this were to be a corvus fix, and don't get shitting here cuz this is about a corvus EXPLOIT so stop crying, wouldn't there be better ways to fix it?
    Like either pause the fight timer on paus screen or just take the timer away in AQ?

One could reason that if they actually manage to dance until time out they are using mechanics as intended'ish and deserves it unlike other people timing out long fights using other champs just to die?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,817 ★★★★★
    Eli_Grey said:

I am having the same issue. My alliance plays Map 6 and some of these fights can be very long and result in a timeout. I’m out of resources and refuse to spend to revive when I’m laid off with no income,

There's no fight in map 6 that can't be done in 3 minutes.
  • AY_WonderlandAY_Wonderland Posts: 112
    edited May 2020

Timeouts in war have always counted as deaths

A l p h a said:

Seriously were 16 hours into this problem now... Why have no mods given this attention?? Timeouts are tough to avoid on some fights, but when they result in deaths its unfair... Season starts in 6 hours, this is going to be a major problem if timeouts still lead to K.O in war!

Count as death but the health is half left not KOed!
    Menkent said:

There's no fight in map 6 that can't be done in 3 minutes.

Invisible woman mini? Anyway, let's not get distracted arguing about people using timeout to their advantage (especially with corvus, but also any regen champ like guilly2099, voodoo, blade...). There's an obvious bug that needs to be addressed. Timeout has cost you half your health for years and there was no announced change.
    I am agreeing with you that it's a bug.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    This isn't the first time this has happened. It is definitely a bug, they just will hopefully address it before the next AQ. I lost a revive with Corvus but no big deal so far.
  • PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    Nobody has any clue if this bug affects War yet because we haven't had a war since it started. It can be speculated that it will but nobody can confirm that yet. The bug started happening yesterday evening. Based on some research in our alliance, it seems to be affecting only low health champs (like below 5% health). It seems as if there is a minimum number in the timeout process now. It either takes at least some percent of health as a minimum or it takes the remainder of health if below a certain percent of health remaining.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Nobody has any clue if this bug affects War yet because we haven't had a war since it started. It can be speculated that it will but nobody can confirm that yet. The bug started happening yesterday evening. Based on some research in our alliance, it seems to be affecting only low health champs (like below 5% health). It seems as if there is a minimum number in the timeout process now. It either takes at least some percent of health as a minimum or it takes the remainder of health if below a certain percent of health remaining.

My information suggests it is higher than 5% I believe the floor for a timeout being a death or a timeout is 10% Health just an FYI to keep people safe. I had an 8% Death last night on OR Mini Tier 1 that was shocking and annoying. If this persists than there needs to be rank down tickets @Kabam Miike people spent Uber valuable resources to R2/3 6* and 5/65 5* specifically to use this champions as you designed him. If the design has change so will many people’s plans
    Functionally Corvus (in this instance) hasn't changed. His Glaive Charges still work the same way in preventing death so it isn't a character change. If, and this is is a big IF, this is a change to the timeout mechanic, there wouldn't be cause for RDT. The most likely cause of this is a bug, but until Kabam addresses it, there's no point in getting up in arms about something that potentially isn't permanent.

Wait for more details first before bringing out the pitchforks.
    edited May 2020
    [Removed by Mod]
    Did you go look up some technical terms and toss them into sentences to seem smart? It didn't work.
    Post edited by Kabam Rose on