**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

AQ Timeout

Comments

• LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,143 ★★★★

We're looking at compensation right now. Also, extending or removing the clock is an idea we've floated.

@Kabam Miike , not sure what solutions you are looking at long term but if you feel that surviving a time out at 1% (or any %) is unhealthy, please just get rid of the AQ/AW timers... Just let us fight and you will either win or lose and nothing to monkey around with. While I personally don't feel that the timeout thing is unhealthy, don't put some other arbitrary rule in place that champions (current or possible future ones) will be able to get around.

• GamerGamer Posts: 9,894 ★★★★★
    I’m didn’t do that for Map7 didn’t even use him at all.
  • SchmidySchmidy Posts: 14
    Wow!!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,817 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Also just so you know, if the timer is removed or Corvus can’t do this anymore a lot of the endgame players (me included) will be looking for a cull/namor style thing with Corvus to recover rankup resources and awakening gems, I’m telling you now, if that doesn’t happen the map 7 community is going to be seriously pissed

I get the frustration but Corvus isn't ranked up by people who only play map 7 and no other content. He isn't a map 7 only champion. I don't think asking for rank up resources for a champ that is used widely in all aspects of the game for every bit of content we have.

Compensation would be welcomed since this has obviously been how he's worked for a very long time intended or not. If it was a she hulk type thing sure but this isn't anywhere near the same.
    As someone in a map 7 alliance I personally would want my awakening gem back since this is the main reason I awakened him, and an ally mate used his generic mainly for this and I think took him to rank 3, if they don’t allow resources to be recovered then there goes every last shred of trust, now yeah, it’s not only Corvus, many champs who can avoid damage or heal are affected, but there are many players that ranked or awakened Corvus purely for this, and some people have 2 corvuses so they always have one for aq
    I don't know a single person who wouldn't want a duped Corvus period. AQ isn't the only place he's good for. I also am very skeptical you used a gem for just AQ.
    I didn’t use it for ‘just aq’ but it’s a key reason, and I know 100% I wouldn’t use a generic ag like my ally mate if this wasn’t a thing
    But that's what I'm talking about. That's why I say rank materials shouldn't come back. I think for sure something needs to be done in terms of compensation but to me for this particular champ, rank resources are in the picture.
    tafre said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Also just so you know, if the timer is removed or Corvus can’t do this anymore a lot of the endgame players (me included) will be looking for a cull/namor style thing with Corvus to recover rankup resources and awakening gems, I’m telling you now, if that doesn’t happen the map 7 community is going to be seriously pissed

I get the frustration but Corvus isn't ranked up by people who only play map 7 and no other content. He isn't a map 7 only champion. I don't think asking for rank up resources for a champ that is used widely in all aspects of the game for every bit of content we have.

Compensation would be welcomed since this has obviously been how he's worked for a very long time intended or not. If it was a she hulk type thing sure but this isn't anywhere near the same.
    As someone in a map 7 alliance I personally would want my awakening gem back since this is the main reason I awakened him, and an ally mate used his generic mainly for this and I think took him to rank 3, if they don’t allow resources to be recovered then there goes every last shred of trust, now yeah, it’s not only Corvus, many champs who can avoid damage or heal are affected, but there are many players that ranked or awakened Corvus purely for this, and some people have 2 corvuses so they always have one for aq
    I don't know a single person who wouldn't want a duped Corvus period. AQ isn't the only place he's good for. I also am very skeptical you used a gem for just AQ.
    Not really trying to argue with the logic but other than map7 content, his awakened ability is not very useful unless you want to stay at 1 HP and play with mad intercepts, not very viable in Act 6 and above in my opinion. That is why I totally understand if somebody would awaken their Corvus mainly to focus on AQ, it is where his sig ability is most useful by a long shot.
    I'm not disagreeing with that assessment either but in reality, 99.9% want a awakened Corvus. I just don't see it as an option. She Hulk sure. Corvus, just doesn't make much sense.
  • PutPut Posts: 7
    Can Kabam share some clarity regarding timeout please. What is really meant to happen during a timeout, if a champ any champ timeout 2-100% HP and 1% HP. Regardless if the timeout occurs naturally or paused. what is the intended outcome? is it loss of 50% HP or KO? if the champ has 100 Health and timeout, what is the intended outcome.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Honestly in later tiers AQ removing the clock just makes sense. There is no reason to have the clock with everyone on their own path other than trying to have them rush the fight and get potions as a result of time out.
    Put said:

Can Kabam share some clarity regarding timeout please. What is really meant to happen during a timeout, if a champ any champ timeout 2-100% HP and 1% HP. Regardless if the timeout occurs naturally or paused. what is the intended outcome? is it loss of 50% HP or KO? if the champ has 100 Health and timeout, what is the intended outcome.

Well technically no, it's not intended. In other content aside from AW and AQ, a timeout equals KO. You have to reach back to how it came to be this way currently.

You used to be able to force close and not lose health in AW and AQ. To combat that, they changed it to where if you time out or force close you lose half health. At some point you just won't have any health and eventually die.

With Corvus, he won't ever go below 1 HP because when you reenter the fight, you'll always be back at 20 or.30 charges depending on missions and who you are fighting. It's been this way since he was released.

So in reality, no you shouldn't be able to do it with him. Thank all the force closers that made them change it back in the day to where we are now.
    tafre said:

tafre said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Not really trying to argue with the logic but other than map7 content, his awakened ability is not very useful unless you want to stay at 1 HP and play with mad intercepts, not very viable in Act 6 and above in my opinion. That is why I totally understand if somebody would awaken their Corvus mainly to focus on AQ, it is where his sig ability is most useful by a long shot.
    I'm not disagreeing with that assessment either but in reality, 99.9% want a awakened Corvus. I just don't see it as an option. She Hulk sure. Corvus, just doesn't make much sense.
    Yes I agree but I think people would opt to use their awakening gems on other champions other than Corvus if he is not going to benefit from AQ like this, I really do not see the benefit of the sig ability other than a few rare circumstances and even then it would not be sustainable. That is the main concern of @Lvernon15 imo, why wouldn’t he want his gem back if the awakened ability no longer serves the main purpose? The following can be considered subjective but I am quite sure that among the 99.9% of the players who would want a duped Corvus, 100% of these people would want it mainly for AQ purposes. I certainly would want my gem back, 6 star AGs are extremely valueable and I would rather use it on somebody else than Corvus if this is the reality of the situation we are facing.
    I think it's completely subjective. I've only used the trick once in all my map 7 runs. It's helped me in some quests but it's not reliable.

Agreed 6* AGs are the rarest of rare as well and totally understand.

I guess more than anything we need to see how they will make this work. I feel like removing timers is probably the best option.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 9,894 ★★★★★

Put said:

Well technically no, it's not intended. In other content aside from AW and AQ, a timeout equals KO. You have to reach back to how it came to be this way currently.

You used to be able to force close and not lose health in AW and AQ. To combat that, they changed it to where if you time out or force close you lose half health. At some point you just won't have any health and eventually die.

With Corvus, he won't ever go below 1 HP because when you reenter the fight, you'll always be back at 20 or.30 charges depending on missions and who you are fighting. It's been this way since he was released.

So in reality, no you shouldn't be able to do it with him. Thank all the force closers that made them change it back in the day to where we are now.
    Uh, where else are there timeouts besides AW and AQ? Quest fights aren't timed
    Incursion
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Basically dungeons\incursions and that's about it
    edited May 2020

Put said:

Uh, where else are there timeouts besides AW and AQ? Quest fights aren't timed
    I was strictly talking about force closing which used to happen in AW and AQ before the half health thing happened. Most times if you force close everywhere else you KO. I know quests aren't timed.

I did say timeout. That's my bad.