**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

WandaVision Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    OH MY GOD THAT WAS AMAZING AHHHHHH
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    It was great.
    But the scene in the first episode at the dinner table. That guy was just chocking and his wife kept saying stop it to him. I was like ????
    I like the comedy in it.
    Introducing the stark toaster.......
    but honestly I’m very excited for the next episodes and finding out what the heck is going on. This was a great premiere of two episodes that give just enough to leave you wanting more but not enough to give you the answers. Also kinda sad that change the scenes in the logo
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    I can't watch it for 6 hours :/
  • TODAY IS THE DAY FOLKS
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Only managed to watch the first episode so far and I'm intrigued.
    I also love they went full force with the sitcom thing and I got many laughs out of the first episode.
    edited January 2021
    please note this is a screenshot and I don’t use the horrendous font shown
    the end of the first episode was interesting

Man, I was bored out of my mind watching those first two episodes. Really hope it picks up in episode three or I’m throwing in the towel.

Why so? Didn’t feel that slow with the hints of something being off. Besides,
    the early reviews have said episode 3 ends on a cliffhanger
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 282 ★★★

Man, I was bored out of my mind watching those first two episodes. Really hope it picks up in episode three or I’m throwing in the towel.

Why so? Didn’t feel that slow with the hints of something being off. Besides,
    the early reviews have said episode 3 ends on a cliffhanger
    I like slow burns, but holy cow. I didn’t expect the 50s-60s sitcom to be as big of a part of it as it was so far. I can only take so much of that before it got super boring. The end left something to possibly look forward to, but I have no real excitement for next Friday at this point. Maybe episode three will change my mind. Those first two felt like a chore to watch all the way through. Different/unique? Yes, but that doesn’t make something good in my book. I expected somewhat of a slow start, but I felt like they would have been better off releasing the first 3 episodes to really lock-in my interest (if rumors of number 3 being much better are true).
  • I can't wait for more episodes
    yes he is
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    What was the point of episode 2?

What do you mean? They moved up another decade, and it advanced the story
    I love the Easter egg in it.
    CGR2020 said:

I didn't see the episodes yet, but I will watch both tomorrow. No spoilers PLEASE!

all spoilers are covered by the spoiler tag
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

The last 3 or so minutes could have been stitched to the episode 1. You can completely disregard everything else that happened.

The last 3 or so minutes could have been stitched to the episode 1. You can completely disregard everything else that happened.
    Character growth, furthering the story
    multiple new characters and the radio sequence

it was a good important episode
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    I watched the 1st episode, honestly it was boring. Will watch the 2nd episode soon.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Well I really enjoyed those first 2 episodes. It felt really sudden jumping into it, but that’s my only real criticism. However, I have theories

Right, so speculation is that mephisto shows up. This seems pretty plausible to me, so this theory is running off of him appearing.

A lot of fuss was made over ‘the children’ in ep 2, and Wanda is pregnant at the end. We also met Dotty? I want to say. The woman that in Agnes’ words ‘controls the town’ or something to that effect. We also see here leading the ‘for the children’ chants.

We also know that SWORD is trying to get in, to presumably get Wanda out.

My theory is that Dotty is mephisto. Or at least, consciously or unconsciously, works for mephisto. Mephisto has warped reality in this little town in order to take Wanda’s soul/power/whatever.

But, we know mephisto loves a bargain. So he creates a reality where Wanda has a family. The one thing she’s always wanted. She’s lost so many people, and she won’t want to anyone else.

So mephisto offers her a bargain. If she gives mephisto her soul, she gets to keep her new family. Or he’ll take them away from her again. There is the potential for quicksilver to appear here but I’m doubtful of that, but it would add to the stakes.

In my theory, Wanda takes the bargain, but SWORD/Wanda finds a way to stop her losing her soul, but she also gets to keep her family

This would allow a way for Vision to return to the MCU, and bring Wiccan and/or Speed in for future young avengers. I’m assuming they aren’t going to end the show as babies.

This is just a wild theory of mine, and I’m expecting it to be completely wrong. But I love a good theory, and this show has me asking a lot of questions.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,106 ★★★★★

Well I really enjoyed those first 2 episodes. It felt really sudden jumping into it, but that’s my only real criticism. However, I have theories

Right, so speculation is that mephisto shows up. This seems pretty plausible to me, so this theory is running off of him appearing.

A lot of fuss was made over ‘the children’ in ep 2, and Wanda is pregnant at the end. We also met Dotty? I want to say. The woman that in Agnes’ words ‘controls the town’ or something to that effect. We also see here leading the ‘for the children’ chants.

My theory is that Dotty is mephisto. Or at least, consciously or unconsciously, works for mephisto. Mephisto has warped reality in this little town in order to take Wanda’s soul/power/whatever.

But, we know mephisto loves a bargain. So he creates a reality where Wanda has a family. The one thing she’s always wanted. She’s lost so many people, and she won’t want to anyone else.

So mephisto offers her a bargain. If she gives mephisto her soul, she gets to keep her new family. Or he’ll take them away from her again. There is the potential for quicksilver to appear here but I’m doubtful of that, but it would add to the stakes.

In my theory, Wanda takes the bargain, but SWORD/Wanda finds a way to stop her losing her soul, but she also gets to keep her family

This would allow a way for Vision to return to the MCU, and bring Wiccan and/or Speed in for future young avengers. I’m assuming they aren’t going to end the show as babies.

This is just a wild theory of mine, and I’m expecting it to be completely wrong. But I love a good theory, and this show has me asking a lot of questions.
    I really like this theory. There was definitely a lot of set up in the first two episodes but you can also tell something is off and will quickly unfold in the coming episodes. I’m excited to see where it goes!
    OGAvenger said:

I really like this theory. There was definitely a lot of set up in the first two episodes but you can also tell something is off and will quickly unfold in the coming episodes. I’m excited to see where it goes!
    Thanks! I’m extremely interested to see how it plays out. We just don’t know what to expect!
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

OGAvenger said:

Thanks! I’m extremely interested to see how it plays out. We just don’t know what to expect!
    I honestly think dotties husband is mephisto. As why would dottie know so much about blood on that certain object she told wanda about. Something suspicious is going on.
    H3t3r said:

OGAvenger said:

I honestly think dotties husband is mephisto. As why would dottie know so much about blood on that certain object she told wanda about. Something suspicious is going on.
    Actually that’s an excellent shout. I could definitely see that happening. She’s definitely involved in some shape or form
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

OGAvenger said:

Not to mention that her blood was actually red and not in the normal black and white colour. And we all know something is strange when objects in actual colour appear.