**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

WandaVision Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

Comments

• JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Y'all making me nervous. Can't wait to watch it once I'm done with school related stuff!
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    the dinner party is confusing me. Mrs hart just kinda.. laughed as her husband was choking?like she didnt even notice.. confused. Tbh everything is confusing me rn and next week is too far and i hope the episodes are longer
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

the dinner party is confusing me. Mrs hart just kinda.. laughed as her husband was choking?like she didnt even notice.. confused. Tbh everything is confusing me rn and next week is too far and i hope the episodes are longer
    episode 3 is like half an hour. They get longer as it continues
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★

It was funny but, I was like what twisted world is this?????

episode 3 is like half an hour. They get longer as it continues
    yesssss
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    Just watched the first two episodes. Really interesting show still confused as to what is exactly happening but I'm really excited to see where they're going with this.

If you've seen the movie Pleasantville it's giving off those vibes, but overall pretty entertaining and I can't wait for the other episodes to come out.
  • KoopaKrusherKoopaKrusher Posts: 105

The Harts were bringing up Wanda/Vis's "story" and Wanda doesn't want to face the reality that Vis is dead. So I think she just broke reality and so everyone went into a loop. Mr. Hart started choking, Mrs. Hart kept asking him to stop, and Vision didn't do anything. I thought Vision's reaction was the most telling because he usually jumps to help people, but didn't do anything until Wanda asked him to.
  • KoopaKrusherKoopaKrusher Posts: 105
    I'm not sure how I feel about everyone's Mephisto theory. Every time SWORD reaches out, they ask Wanda "who's doing this to you", completely dismissing the possibility that Wanda is doing it to herself, which I still think is more likely at this point. Especially considering she had the ability to "rewind" reality when the bee guy showed up. (Someone mentioned Swarm, but I'm not familiar with that character)

As far as MCOC theories, I was expecting the new scarlet witch from last month to be one of the new characters this month. Since she wasn't, I think the second character has to be someone new to the MCU. So I'm assuming they introduce some new villain (Swarm?) next week, just in time for Kabam to announce the February Update.

The Harts were bringing up Wanda/Vis's "story" and Wanda doesn't want to face the reality that Vis is dead. So I think she just broke reality and so everyone went into a loop. Mr. Hart started choking, Mrs. Hart kept asking him to stop, and Vision didn't do anything. I thought Vision's reaction was the most telling because he usually jumps to help people, but didn't do anything until Wanda asked him to.
    interesting. The loop thing makes sense. Vision not helping did seem odd to me too
    I guess she made them forget all about it too since when they left they were all normal

interesting. The loop thing makes sense. Vision not helping did seem odd to me too
    I guess she made them forget all about it too since when they left they were all normal
    It does make some sense
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

I'm not sure how I feel about everyone's Mephisto theory. Every time SWORD reaches out, they ask Wanda "who's doing this to you", completely dismissing the possibility that Wanda is doing it to herself, which I still think is more likely at this point. Especially considering she had the ability to "rewind" reality when the bee guy showed up. (Someone mentioned Swarm, but I'm not familiar with that character)

As far as MCOC theories, I was expecting the new scarlet witch from last month to be one of the new characters this month. Since she wasn't, I think the second character has to be someone new to the MCU. So I'm assuming they introduce some new villain (Swarm?) next week, just in time for Kabam to announce the February Update.
    Swarm wouldn't make sense, especially since he's a Spidey villain. It seems to me that he's a SWORD agent and he was in a Hazmat suit, but it was portrayed as a Beekeeper suit in this reality.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,061 ★★★★★
    LOVED IT

LOVED IT

SAME

LOVED IT

SAME
    SAME
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

LOVED IT

SAME
    SAME
    SAME
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Ok, I'm starting the first episode in 20 minutes! I can't wait!

H3t3r said:

OGAvenger said:

Well I really enjoyed those first 2 episodes. It felt really sudden jumping into it, but that’s my only real criticism. However, I have theories

Right, so speculation is that mephisto shows up. This seems pretty plausible to me, so this theory is running off of him appearing.

A lot of fuss was made over ‘the children’ in ep 2, and Wanda is pregnant at the end. We also met Dotty? I want to say. The woman that in Agnes’ words ‘controls the town’ or something to that effect. We also see here leading the ‘for the children’ chants.

We also know that SWORD is trying to get in, to presumably get Wanda out.

My theory is that Dotty is mephisto. Or at least, consciously or unconsciously, works for mephisto. Mephisto has warped reality in this little town in order to take Wanda’s soul/power/whatever.

But, we know mephisto loves a bargain. So he creates a reality where Wanda has a family. The one thing she’s always wanted. She’s lost so many people, and she won’t want to anyone else.

So mephisto offers her a bargain. If she gives mephisto her soul, she gets to keep her new family. Or he’ll take them away from her again. There is the potential for quicksilver to appear here but I’m doubtful of that, but it would add to the stakes.

In my theory, Wanda takes the bargain, but SWORD/Wanda finds a way to stop her losing her soul, but she also gets to keep her family

This would allow a way for Vision to return to the MCU, and bring Wiccan and/or Speed in for future young avengers. I’m assuming they aren’t going to end the show as babies.

This is just a wild theory of mine, and I’m expecting it to be completely wrong. But I love a good theory, and this show has me asking a lot of questions.
    I really like this theory. There was definitely a lot of set up in the first two episodes but you can also tell something is off and will quickly unfold in the coming episodes. I’m excited to see where it goes!
    Thanks! I’m extremely interested to see how it plays out. We just don’t know what to expect!
    I honestly think dotties husband is mephisto. As why would dottie know so much about blood on that certain object she told wanda about. Something suspicious is going on.
    Not to mention that her blood was actually red and not in the normal black and white colour. And we all know something is strange when objects in actual colour appear.
    Yeah
    Crcrcrc said:

Ok, I'm starting the first episode in 20 minutes! I can't wait!

Expect nothing. Enjoy
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    So I just finished both episodes and I’ll just say I’m intrigued for the future of this show. Episode 1 was meh but episode 2 was really cool imo. The ending also got me intrigued, was that a beekeeper who came out of the sewers? I’m really intrigued to see where this show goes, it has so much potential. Also, the comedy was pretty good tbh, less corny than I expected (although some of it was corny).
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

So I just finished both episodes and I’ll just say I’m intrigued for the future of this show. Episode 1 was meh but episode 2 was really cool imo. The ending also got me intrigued, was that a beekeeper who came out of the sewers? I’m really intrigued to see where this show goes, it has so much potential. Also, the comedy was pretty good tbh, less corny than I expected (although some of it was corny).
    Someone mentioned above that the "beekeeper" was actually wearing a hazmat suit but once he entered the town it turned into a bee keeper suit.
    I’d like to point out that they mention children a lot, especially the “For the Children” in the second episode, yet we haven’t seen any children at all
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

I’d like to point out that they mention children a lot, especially the “For the Children” in the second episode, yet we haven’t seen any children at all
    I think that might be the point. And we also did see a child, just an unborn child. Also how did she get pregnant so quickly? She turned around and POOF
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    God I cant help but look. Im waiting for all the episodes to come out so I can wait for my sister to come back from college and binge it with me lol
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Pretty sure it's all got to do with Speed and Wiccan.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Saw the first episode
    uhhhh, where do I start. I'm gonna be watching the second episode in a bit but idk. I saw Watchmen last year and while they are both incredibly different shows they both are relying on a sense of confusion from the viewer in order to pique their interest and continue the constant viewership in the show but so far it's a bit too out there. I know there's supposed to be a deeper story but this first episode really made it feel like it was just this and nothing else. In the sense that they're trapped somewhere and sometimes there is just a bit of weirdness. Best way I can equate that weirdness is to something like Legion but for this show it just seems a bit off. Gonna still watch the show and I'm pretty sure I saw a S.W.O.R.D. logo at the end of the episode but it is a very slow burning beginning. Also I'm kinda sad that this episode is basically 20 mins, that almost 30 min time is a bit deceiving

Saw the first episode

uhhhh, where do I start. I'm gonna be watching the second episode in a bit but idk. I saw Watchmen last year and while they are both incredibly different shows they both are relying on a sense of confusion from the viewer in order to pique their interest and continue the constant viewership in the show but so far it's a bit too out there. I know there's supposed to be a deeper story but this first episode really made it feel like it was just this and nothing else. In the sense that they're trapped somewhere and sometimes there is just a bit of weirdness. Best way I can equate that weirdness is to something like Legion but for this show it just seems a bit off. Gonna still watch the show and I'm pretty sure I saw a S.W.O.R.D. logo at the end of the episode but it is a very slow burning beginning. Also I'm kinda sad that this episode is basically 20 mins, that almost 30 min time is a bit deceiving
    I feel you. It was super confusing, but it's one of those things that when you understand it, it's the best thing ever. Kinda like The Truman Show. Also the run time is deceiving. I watched 7 minutes of credits thinking there would be a post-credits scene.
    There wasn't
    Same, no end credits scene threw me off lol. On the second episode rn!

Also not really a spoiler but to anyone wondering, the sound design for this show is INCREDIBLE! It actually sounds like lo-fi old school record music (for anyone wondering lo-fi in the traditional sense means low fidelity music that sounds quite different due to an older and less accurate recording of the sound that results in more washiness and graininess.) Sorry for le tangent but yeah, the storyboard director guys really wanted to nail that genre defining look and sound
    As I’m watching episode 2 I’ve realized that whoever is keeping Wanda and Vision in the show place obviously wants their kids or something to keep their power idk
    just finished episode 2 and my guess is that SWORD is trying to get Wanda out of this reality that she put her and her ida of Vision in to stay safe. Just a guess but it is growing on my more now. Still sad that basically episode 1/2 are just one big episode