**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Root Feedback (New Mechanic)

Comments

• 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    altavista said:

Seems a little glitchy to me. Sometimes I will be locked out of any inputs when it activates (Example: I try to parry, but it doesn't register so I get hit in the face).

It makes avoiding multi hit specials/heavies harder. And when your 2020 new champions have far reaching, multi-hit specials (Tigra, Black Widow Deadly Origins, Mole Man, Sasquatch, etc), it makes everything a lot harder without being more fun.

As a bit of an aside - Tigra benefits from spacing (unblockable, etc). Root seems like it both helps and hurts her depending on if she is on offense / defense. That is one champion that I can think of so far, where Root will have unintended interactions.

I have tigra, and she’s my so far favorite champ and with roots version today - it makes her play style worthless.
    I wondered how they would negate her abilities and root does just that
    She needs to heavy and when you go rooted mid heavy they attack you back

She’s already a tough champ to use efficiently without error and this made her borderline useless.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    edited November 2020

Moot4Life said:

Monke said:

Please remove the word "veteran players"
    thanks

considering how much you trained to count, you should know that is 2 words and should be
    "words" not "word"
    I find it hilarious that the roots hater’s best argument against those defending root is picking on the fact that they forgot to add a plural.

Moot4Life said:

Monke said:

Please remove the word "veteran players"
    thanks

considering how much you trained to count, you should know that is 2 words and should be
    "words" not "word"
    I find it hilarious that the roots hater’s best argument against those defending root is picking on the fact that they forgot to add a plural.
    no moots just a troll. I think he likes root
    it was a Reference to Monke saying he travelled around the world to prove that there are 11 champions in top 10 champions (im pretty sure that was him)

only gamers get the reference
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    I’m really enjoying today’s root node, Icky I think it’s called. Big fan of being able to work around it like with encroaching stun, adds a good dynamic.

It’s quite easy to get 10 hits in and prevent it entirely, but maybe that’s the point.

Haven’t tried the others yet, but I’m very happy to see a new kind of mechanic in the game. Much needed!
  • AlphaStark20AlphaStark20 Posts: 61
    Ok I forgot to post this yesterday. I was doing epic difficulty "Avengers" themed raids and a few things that I didn't like:
    1)I could not attack the defenders before they launched their heavy. Root stops movement so intercepting is pointless.
    2)The defenders were too strong. This is epic difficulty and my 5* 4/55 thing lost 69% health to Iron Man! Their heavy attacks, light attacks take down percentages of health in multiples of 5! While thing's sp3 did less than 10% damage! I dont have as many complains about root as I have for this difficulty. A 4/55 thing is more than capable of defeating a 16k iron man with no health lost. This is ridiculous Kabam.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Dusting said:

I love how people talk about “parry and dex issues” as if everyone has them, but fail to provide relevant proof when asked about these issues.

THANK YOU!
    Marvel_G said:

Root is not fun! There is no benefit from it I don’t understand it? It’s this something to hinder players ability to dodge special heavies and basic attacks? The shadow raid is nothing compared to the level of difficulty that this node can have in book 2 so just get rid of it

So all nodes have to have some kind of benefit to the player to exist now? You can still very easily dex many specials, basics, and heavies with rooted. I’ve done it multiple times, you can too.

Absolutely hate this mechanic. The difficulty has already been ramped up tremendously. This does not add a fun challenge (for me at least), but an ever increasing level of frustration that the devs continually add buffs that make sure I take damage. Quite honestly if this mechanic is used anywhere except special side quests I will most likely completely stop playing the game.

I haven’t been playing the entire month really after playing the root side quest
    I find it’s just annoying and the side events aren’t really to great from what I’ve seen.

I also really don’t like root
    It’s been 3 days. “Entire month” lol.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I like root but do admit it has times where it can be a straight out ****. Sorta like how I feel about Chaos
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    the game is not only about skilled player,if a medium content player is having trouble,and a skilled player doesn't..it's not that the mechanic is good,the game is for everyone
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★

Absolutely hate this mechanic. The difficulty has already been ramped up tremendously. This does not add a fun challenge (for me at least), but an ever increasing level of frustration that the devs continually add buffs that make sure I take damage. Quite honestly if this mechanic is used anywhere except special side quests I will most likely completely stop playing the game.

I haven’t been playing the entire month really after playing the root side quest
    I find it’s just annoying and the side events aren’t really to great from what I’ve seen.

I also really don’t like root
    It’s been 3 days. “Entire month” lol.
    I mean since nov 1 - but really since like oct 20
  • shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★

I agree.
    Root is the worst fix remove it Kabam at least for 1 day that should be tye f8nal day