**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Root Feedback (New Mechanic)

Comments

• KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Combo party is a cool node though just like....don’t get hitπŸ˜‚ Root takes a little getting used to but so far through its introduction it hasn’t been difficult lol
    Also...calm down a little op lol
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    HI_guys said:

I don't get the hate. I thing the side quest is really good. The rewards in the fixit store are really good. The side quests are class based so you can save up entries and run them all on whatever day works best for you. We have a new game mechanic that forces you to do more than button mash OMG lol. The rewards aren't RNG. This is one of the best side events we've had and all people can do is complain.

The complaints aren't for the side quest. It's for the root node. People don't like it so they share their feedback. Like the thread title says.

Most sommeners take time to adjust to new nodes but it's locked in a side quest with limited entries. So people either have to suck it up and use revives or else risk losing the Gamma Radiation. Most frustration to the node probably stems from there
    That's fair. I love the side quest and I like the node fine. Even if I didn't like it, it hasn't cost me any items and I've run it every day rather than holding for whatever day is easiest. Given the fact that you can do that I still don't think there is much to complain about but whatever.

Am I the only one who really dislikes Root, and the potential of it in the game? Root itself isn't terrible, but there are certain node combinations that would be very cash-grabby, and bad for the game.
    In the first quest with Colossus as the boss, where you're rooted during the opponent's special attacks isn't inherently hard, but now certain specials that are normally easy to evade, like Colossus' SP2 or Squirrel Girl's SP2 now can kill you very quickly. Colossus' SP2 is always unblockable, so that would be very tough to evade, and if you fight Squirrel Girl and she uses her SP2, lets say you block it all, you could take tons of block damage that you normally wouldn't have due to it being extremely hard to avoid her SP2 while Rooted. If you pair this version of Root with Unblockable Specials, it's going to be very close to unavoidable damage. Root itself will end up 'requiring' certain champs to be brought into the quest because they deal with it easier, and then pair Root with other nodes in a quest, now you have a niche fight. Which is something Kabam nerfed Act 6 for, example Acid Wash Mysterio, Biohazard Crossbones, ect.

There have always been certain node combinations that could be absurd. I don't see how this is any different. If they give us diss track with a Taskmaster or debuff immune there would be issues. That doesn't make diss track a bad node.
    Mr_Holl87 said:

GET RID OF THEM! You seriously want to implement trash mechanics that screw over the players when parry and dex STILL don't work?! This event is great but root is a DISASTER and completely breaks my game and does nothing but screw over the players. FIX the trash in your game before you make new trash. Dang good veteran players getting absolutely robbed in EASY fights with these two nodes alone.

GET RID OF THEM!

I must have missed the memo about parry and dex not working. They seem to be working for me... Also I like Root and have mostly ignored Combo Party.

I liken the Root mechanic to driving stick and on the right side steering wheel/left side of the road when I'm on business trips to London ( I'm based in NYC) - you get the hang of it well enough but can't wait to get back to normal driving automatic SUV- sized vehicles.

Also liken it to the majority of my kids' remote learning work - pointless busywork.

I will say the devs' obsession with timers and counting numbers down will prepare youngsters with the needed life skill of clockwatching for when they enter the workforce, so kudos for that.

I prefer stick shift
    nero8913 said:

Kabam you wanted our feedback here it is WE DONT WANT ROOT MECHANISM IT’S NOT FUN

Who's "we". I like it fine.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It’s an annoying unnecessary buff. Rip the β€œroot” out of the game!
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 β˜…β˜…
    Root is fun
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Mr_Holl87 said:

Adok said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

GET RID OF THEM! You seriously want to implement trash mechanics that screw over the players when parry and dex STILL don't work?! This event is great but root is a DISASTER and completely breaks my game and does nothing but screw over the players. FIX the trash in your game before you make new trash. Dang good veteran players getting absolutely robbed in EASY fights with these two nodes alone.

GET RID OF THEM!

Sis, It isn't hard. Just time your Specials right Xd.
    Gurl, how is timing specials gonna help me when the AI runs up to me, immediately throws a heavy without any charge time and the heavy causes root? Timing specials won’t save me there and neither does Dex. Still get slapped in the face.
    There is a small interval between when the opponent charges a heavy and fires it of. The fact you said this makes me wonder if you really have been playing "flawlessly" for years.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Having played around with 4 different types of root. I have mixed feelings. Root on specials and heavy attacks were just fine. It didn`t mess you up too much, and I can see it implemented into the game into other modes.
    The last 2 days were no fun for me thou, Especially the timer, it messed me up pretty badly, and it completely changed the game for me in a bad way. The combo root didn`t mess me up as much, because it is still somewhat timeable. But it still wasn`t fun.
    I think root could came into the game, but should be activated on the actions of the enemy, not your own actions.
  • Quantum_FizzixQuantum_Fizzix Posts: 94 β˜…

RDMN said:

Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks!

Our team would love to gather some more feedback and thoughts on the general application of Root so we may further evaluate its functionality in the Contest

It's kinda hard to get a realistic perspective of players feedback by deleting over half the comments posted, wouldn't you say?
    Well most of 'em were off-topic and didn't really help, so that's probably why they deleted 'em.

My comment was deleted and it was on-topic. They are the ones asking for input. Asking for input, then deleting the ones you don’t like is not really asking for input. It is asking for cheer leading.

The root mechanic doesn’t bring anything interesting to the game. I find it annoying as do many people posting so far.

In the tech one today (yesterday now). I got rooted, the β€˜bubble’ dropped, I attacked. Graphically, it looked like my hit landed (as the punch was already retracting), then I got creamed by a special. It acted like the defender had unstoppable, which it didn’t.

I have played other games with root mechanics and for the most part they tend to get nerfed or totally eliminated. People don’t like being beat on and not being able to move. Even if one can dodge (Dex) or block, the interaction is so clunky, that it is unreliable to Dex regularly.

I also agree with others that tying it to the side quest that gives you limited attempts was not well thought out. Plus the whole gamma achievement stuff.

• Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'll say this much, it's a lot better than I initially expected. As long as there isn't really a situation like Hulkbuster on acid wash. But I still think it was a poor time to introduce a new mechanic - so many people are experiencing input drops, game crashing every hour or so, more frequently if they're in Arena, not all parries are registering, still an issue with MN Magneto.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Moot4Life said:

the game is not only about skilled player,if a medium content player is having trouble,and a skilled player doesn't..it's not that the mechanic is good,the game is for everyone

so if one person in thee entire playerbase can't do it, it should be removed? once the going gets tough, the tough get going or whatever that dumb saying is. im not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but what I understand is that you don't think skill should be rewarded, or that skill shouldn't be necessary, or that if something requires skill, it shouldn't be in the game. alright cool. korg, gone. reversed controls, gone. half of the games specials, gone. who needs those when you can parry five hit combo to victory
    is not just one person, thousands of people cant do this.
    i think there should be a way to shut it down though because you can shut down korg shut down reversed controls (or practice it easily) and shut down hard to evade specials
    how can you shut down reverse controls? aar? same for root. and in the case for reverse controls, that's been in the game for quite a bit, so people are used to it. people aren't used to root do it'll be hard in the beginning, like any new mechanic. id wager that people will get used to root quicker because there's a lot more access to it and can practice with it in a variety of scenarios
    Actually, the access to it isn't good at all. You don't get practice. Need to either use revives if you die or lose out on getting Gamma. Since you only have limited entries.
    I think it's better than whenever inverted controls were introduced.(this is just an example) I think it was with emma frost, but I could be wrong. I'd say a daily event with 10 fights is better access than the final boss of an event quest. additionally, there are 7 different things with root, compared to reversed controls on specials attacks. it was mainly a comparison between inverted controls and root, but I do agree it's not that easy to get a ton of experience with it
    I agree with that, but just because it's better than what it was then doesn't mean it should be this way now. If we don't get proper practice in, majority of the players may not like the node. So their feedback won't be productive. On the other hand, allowing unlimited entries and the gamma only once like last months event would give proper practice and possibly better feedback.
    yah I would agree with that
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

the game is not only about skilled player,if a medium content player is having trouble,and a skilled player doesn't..it's not that the mechanic is good,the game is for everyone

so if one person in thee entire playerbase can't do it, it should be removed? once the going gets tough, the tough get going or whatever that dumb saying is. im not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but what I understand is that you don't think skill should be rewarded, or that skill shouldn't be necessary, or that if something requires skill, it shouldn't be in the game. alright cool. korg, gone. reversed controls, gone. half of the games specials, gone. who needs those when you can parry five hit combo to victory
    i think there should be a way to shut it down though because you can shut down korg shut down reversed controls (or practice it easily) and shut down hard to evade specials
    how can you shut down reverse controls? aar? same for root. and in the case for reverse controls, that's been in the game for quite a bit, so people are used to it. people aren't used to root do it'll be hard in the beginning, like any new mechanic. id wager that people will get used to root quicker because there's a lot more access to it and can practice with it in a variety of scenarios
    there is reverse controls immunity
    And there's AAR for Root.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    HI_guys said:

Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

there is reverse controls immunity
    And there's AAR for Root.
    Root AAR is inconsistent. Or more like it has multiple triggers.

I don't SpEcIfIcAlLy remember but I had 2 neurotoxins up and root triggered in the middle of the heavy instead of at the beginning
    Well because 2 neuros only reduce AA by 80%.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    There are ways around it, but personally find it a dumb mechanic and am not interested in seeing it used more in the game.