**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Root Feedback (New Mechanic)

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I have played all the new globals up to now. My notes are, that they can really throw you off. If you have more fast hits in quick succession (BW heavy for example), it is very very hard to determine the length of my dex. As we all know, dexterity mastery has a certain amount of frames, for which it counts. And with root mechanic, we need to see some timer in which dexterity is working
  • UlkaurUlkaur Posts: 10
    Root sucks. If there was something that didn’t make it an hp killer, it might be different. This is the second month that you either put useless boists or killer nodes in the game. Gamma radiation should be adjusted up to equal the difficulty. Your new AI likes to not attack and just hang back, lets the timer run out and suddenly decides to be aggressive.

If we can’t land hits, we’re screwed.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I don't get the hate. I thing the side quest is really good. The rewards in the fixit store are really good. The side quests are class based so you can save up entries and run them all on whatever day works best for you. We have a new game mechanic that forces you to do more than button mash OMG lol. The rewards aren't RNG. This is one of the best side events we've had and all people can do is complain.
  • ABLE_G19ABLE_G19 Posts: 18
    Really hate the root mechanic lol...lost all my characters to Black Widow yesterday cuz my parries weren't sticking and she went straight for the heavies. Definitely gonna be playing the mutant one throughout this month. Magik and Doc Oc limit the amount of times I see root to once a fight at least.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    HI_guys said:

I don't get the hate. I thing the side quest is really good. The rewards in the fixit store are really good. The side quests are class based so you can save up entries and run them all on whatever day works best for you. We have a new game mechanic that forces you to do more than button mash OMG lol. The rewards aren't RNG. This is one of the best side events we've had and all people can do is complain.

The complaints aren't for the side quest. It's for the root node. People don't like it so they share their feedback. Like the thread title says.

Most sommeners take time to adjust to new nodes but it's locked in a side quest with limited entries. So people either have to suck it up and use revives or else risk losing the Gamma Radiation. Most frustration to the node probably stems from there
    Strongly agree
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Rooted is quite great actually (aside from rooted on heavies, that one sucks). It actually challenges the player and makes them and focus rather than repeat the same thumb pattern we’ve been doing for years. The best part is how much anger it generates when it forces people to actually try. I should’ve expected this from the community to be honest. When something even remotely difficult or challenging steps into the contest it instantly gets labeled as a cash grab as usual. Shame.
  • adramelchadramelch Posts: 98

Rooted is quite great actually (aside from rooted on heavies, that one sucks). It actually challenges the player and makes them and focus rather than repeat the same thumb pattern we’ve been doing for years. The best part is how much anger it generates when it forces people to actually try. I should’ve expected this from the community to be honest. When something even remotely difficult or challenging steps into the contest it instantly gets labeled as a cash grab as usual. Shame.

This is your opinion my friend and although I disagree, I respect it. Others have the right to their opinions as well and there's no need to talk down on the community for what they believe.
    adramelch said:

This is your opinion my friend and although I disagree, I respect it. Others have the right to their opinions as well and there's no need to talk down on the community for what they believe.
    Yeah, they are entitled to their own opinion, I agree, but I can’t help but laugh.

• TassenTassen Posts: 27
    So, can we play the same difficulty repeatedly and get the same rewards ,?
    Or is it once per day ?
    Tassen said:

So, can we play the same difficulty repeatedly and get the same rewards ,?
    Or is it once per day ?

Once per day you get an item that allows you to enter any difficulty once.
    HI_guys said:

While I won't classify as crash grab the way they introduced it is downright dumb. I want to experience it more using different champs other than ghost it quake but I can't risk it since I will lose my gamma radiation or my revives.
    You don’t lose gamma. Each fight rewards gamma. If you leave the quest you still keep all the gamma that you earned in the quest.
  • AlphaStark20AlphaStark20 Posts: 61
    Root sucks. How can I prepare for this? All you can do is block. A better idea to implement root is to give the player the power to trigger it. Maybe a new mechanism where you maybe swipe down on the left side and you're rooted and swipe up to un-root. That will make gameplay using champs like Omega Red and Dragon Man much more fun. But I personally think root sucks
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

I agree. People are like "stop trying to change mechanics of gameplay" when other nodes/abilities change normal gameplay like IC or X's MC.

Sure, it's not perfect, but the concept and some of the node ideas are great. I get the frustration over having limited entries, as well as the whiffing of attacks but I also liked how they gave players ways around the node, such as landing 10 hits/SP, or not baiting heavies, or power control.

"But what if it's paired with crazy nodes that ultimately make it into a 'BS cash-grab'?"
    Lots of nodes present in the game have that ability as well.

"It makes the game harder."
    Is that not the point of the game? The more you progress, the harder it gets.

"We're not used to it."
    People weren't used to Inverted Controls either.

"Imagine an Unblockable SP (with a node like 'I am Root')."
    That's why there are ways around Root like AAR, PC, or even champs like RG and Mordo.

"It doesn't benefit the player."
    And? At least it's more interactive than most of the nodes we have now. I get the need for nodes that reward players for playing correctly, but why should every node have the capacity to benefit the player?

"It hinders the player's capabilities to play."
    Um...that's what most nodes are for.

If you disagree with my points, please respond. I would love to hear any opposing arguments.
  • Am I the only one who really dislikes Root, and the potential of it in the game? Root itself isn't terrible, but there are certain node combinations that would be very cash-grabby, and bad for the game.
    In the first quest with Colossus as the boss, where you're rooted during the opponent's special attacks isn't inherently hard, but now certain specials that are normally easy to evade, like Colossus' SP2 or Squirrel Girl's SP2 now can kill you very quickly. Colossus' SP2 is always unblockable, so that would be very tough to evade, and if you fight Squirrel Girl and she uses her SP2, lets say you block it all, you could take tons of block damage that you normally wouldn't have due to it being extremely hard to avoid her SP2 while Rooted. If you pair this version of Root with Unblockable Specials, it's going to be very close to unavoidable damage. Root itself will end up 'requiring' certain champs to be brought into the quest because they deal with it easier, and then pair Root with other nodes in a quest, now you have a niche fight. Which is something Kabam nerfed Act 6 for, example Acid Wash Mysterio, Biohazard Crossbones, ect.

Am I the only one who really dislikes Root, and the potential of it in the game? Root itself isn't terrible, but there are certain node combinations that would be very cash-grabby, and bad for the game.
    In the first quest with Colossus as the boss, where you're rooted during the opponent's special attacks isn't inherently hard, but now certain specials that are normally easy to evade, like Colossus' SP2 or Squirrel Girl's SP2 now can kill you very quickly. Colossus' SP2 is always unblockable, so that would be very tough to evade, and if you fight Squirrel Girl and she uses her SP2, lets say you block it all, you could take tons of block damage that you normally wouldn't have due to it being extremely hard to avoid her SP2 while Rooted. If you pair this version of Root with Unblockable Specials, it's going to be very close to unavoidable damage. Root itself will end up 'requiring' certain champs to be brought into the quest because they deal with it easier, and then pair Root with other nodes in a quest, now you have a niche fight. Which is something Kabam nerfed Act 6 for, example Acid Wash Mysterio, Biohazard Crossbones, ect.

But there are ways around Rooted SPs, like PC, AAR, and certain characters that can block UB SPs or cause them to Miss/Evade.
    HI_guys said:

I agree. People are like "stop trying to change mechanics of gameplay" when other nodes/abilities change normal gameplay like IC or X's MC.

Sure, it's not perfect, but the concept and some of the node ideas are great. I get the frustration over having limited entries, as well as the whiffing of attacks but I also liked how they gave players ways around the node, such as landing 10 hits/SP, or not baiting heavies, or power control.

"But what if it's paired with crazy nodes that ultimately make it into a 'BS cash-grab'?"
    Lots of nodes present in the game have that ability as well.

"It makes the game harder."
    Is that not the point of the game? The more you progress, the harder it gets.

"We're not used to it."
    People weren't used to Inverted Controls either.

"Imagine an Unblockable SP (with a node like 'I am Root')."
    That's why there are ways around Root like AAR, PC, or even champs like RG and Mordo.

"It doesn't benefit the player."
    And? At least it's more interactive than most of the nodes we have now. I get the need for nodes that reward players for playing correctly, but why should every node have the capacity to benefit the player?

"It hinders the player's capabilities to play."
    Um...that's what most nodes are for.

If you disagree with my points, please respond. I would love to hear any opposing arguments.
    Like you've said limited entries are the main problem. Players your excited at having a decent side quest after last month garbage and root is a slap on their face.

Not baiting heavys is not always possible. Prime example is black Widow. She can cause you to fail parry and immediately go for heavy
    But the thing is that most non-Parry-able (not able to not bait heavies) characters have simple-to-dex Heavies (assuming that all other factors are held constant), meaning that it's not much of a problem (ie. Annihilus, IMIW, EM). Sure, if you put Masacre on Stun Immune and Heavy Root, then it'll be a problem, but as I said, lots of nodes have the ability to turn a match into a nightmare if combined with other nodes.
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

While I won't classify as crash grab the way they introduced it is downright dumb. I want to experience it more using different champs other than ghost it quake but I can't risk it since I will lose my gamma radiation or my revives.
    You don’t lose gamma. Each fight rewards gamma. If you leave the quest you still keep all the gamma that you earned in the quest.
    The amount of gamma available this mouth of limited. If I don't do al 10(?) Fights then obviously I lose the gamma
    Can’t lose something you never gained.
  • MrMagoo2017MrMagoo2017 Posts: 7
    First day was bad and not fun, second day was worse now the third is really annoying, I went through all with no revives. If you don’t go full speed you get frozen mid combo throwing hits at the air then getting hit back. Probably when you see you’re not going to get those 10 hits backup a little or something, but this quest is not even a reasonable testing environment, Idk how anyone can find this even close to fun or entertaining or anything positive. And we are talking about really easy opponents
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    .Kabam- “new mechanic, give players rewards for testing it out for us by giving them gamma allowing them to choose what they get out of it.”

Players- “so greedy of Kabam to put rewards into content I would ignore if it wasn’t for the rewards.”
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    I had high hopes at the beginning. Special and heavy attack roots were fun, entertaining, and challenging. These last 2 versions have just been idiotic. Hitting the opponent should not cause them to be out of your range. If you're able to land a standing intercept (quite literally), or parry, you should be able to land a full combo instead of just landing one hit and whiffing everything else. Root can also trigger smack dab in the middle of a multi-hit heavy attack and half of your heavy ends up whiffing. These versions have just been dumb and punishing. And the champs that are being placed are starting to get dumb too.