**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you think Immortal Hulk needs a tune-up?

Comments

• Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    Yes

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Okay, playing around with him some more - here are two points of contention that if fixed to some capacity, would make him pretty much viable for a ton of stuff.

Degen - 60% is stored.

1. Either Degen should be stored at 80-90% As gamma radiation or

2. 60% of all energy damage to include Degen is stored as gamma radiation. This would FOR SURE make him worth having. Incinerate, cold snap, etc. It gives him so much utility but not enough where it won’t kill him but cut into his health.

Rage attacks paused

during opponent specials Rage attacks are paused, and not only paused but reset. In the comics and cartoons if an opponent would try to harm him during a fight with a special attack of some kind it would just piss him off.

Immortality cool down

Must be reduced. Especially if the above isn’t a consideration. If two of the above are adopted, then this can stay at 50s.

Sig ability: gamma radiation benefits. The stun at 4% is pretty much 1 of 25 hits will stun an opponent for 0.75s. Either raise the percentage chance or raise the stun duration. The weakness one is fine, and the petrify one is mediocre. If you raised the rage charges like above then the petrify would be useful.

Overall he’s fun but I can’t stress how he needs to be overhauled before release. It begs the question - if not a specific new mechanic for the game, why make a new hulk if he’s not going to be game inclusive for better content (AQ/AW, etc).

Excellent feedback. Very insightful. Thank you & feel free to keep them coming.
    Do we know if anyone is reading this? Should we post these elsewhere?
    Yeah the mods have been here a bunch of times cleaning this thread up. Also there are CCP members floating around, some of them have their own personal feedback, but I don't know if they're giving it back to Kabam.
    Okay - let’s keep posting because he’s such a frustrating let down right now. If they’ve already changed the rage timer to 2s, which actually changes it for the better - maybe they can do a few more things before next Thursday.
    Sounds like a plan. Confirmation from a CCP member that feedback was in fact provided to Kabam would be great, but I can see how the situation can turn south from there. Best we can hope for right now is a response from Kabam themselves.
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Yes
    How do we get Admins to respond?
  • Options
    Yes
    WRIR said:

Reach out to CCP members, ask for feedback, raise your concerns, keep campaigning, etc ..
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Here’s another idea that they can incorporate.

Immortal cool down (50s)

During cool down, you still inflict self damage. If they can cut the self damage down (maybe 25-50% of what it is when he’s not in cool down) it would make him last longer.

Honestly, the more I play, the more I wish he stored energy damage as gamma radiation. Cold snap, incinerate, all that Jazz. He’d be a counter to Magneto who’s hits are energy damage, things like that.

If you left him the way he is and changed 60% of Degen to 60% of Degen and all energy damage, he’s perfect. Pausing rage during opponent specials is also a gimmie, but any combination would make him useful in content.
  • Options
    Yes
    If the opponent specials paused the rage timer he’s perfect. I just solo’d ROL Cap Marvel with an R3 4* in 400 hits, BUT the key is that her specials are so short I evade them and keep my rage charges up.

Honestly that’s the link right there. He’s soooooo close to being viable in content. I don’t want it to be a synergy where it does any of the above, Hulk is a stand alone monster.

Sooooo close Kabam. Please - for us.
  • Options
    Yes

3 fixes that could make him the Hulk that lives up to his name:

- increase the amount of time rage takes to fall off
    - allow rage to pause when hitting into an opponent's block
    - decrease the immortality timer so that we aren't dancing around at 1 HP for 30+ seconds

I’m okay with the immortality timer being 50s if the rage stacks were

1. Paused during opponent specials

Or

2. Self damage during immortality timer is decreased (instead of the full amount, you deal 50% or whatever value of that amount while the timer is active)

Honestly, the more I play him the two things that would make him OP is

Rage timer pauses during opponent specials

All energy damage (not just Degen) is stored as gamma radiation (60%). That or increase Degen to 80-90%.

One of those two or both would make everyone want him
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    No

- decrease the immortality timer so that we aren't dancing around at 1 HP for 30+ seconds

He is never dancing at 1 hp, what do you mean? Immortality heals him back up
  • Options
    LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    Yes
    Whoever says No, just go and watch his gameplay. He is SELF killing machine. All tye hulks in this game are useless. Gulk’s face me is activated against few passive effects. And Og hulk and joe fixit is completely useless.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    No
    Crcrcrc said:

And then he inflicts damage upon himself leaving him back at 1 percent with the timer still counting down.
  • Options
    Yes
    Crcrcrc said:

You have to watch his mechanics.

After immortality goes away, you’re on a cool down. You gain health from the amount of gamma radiation stored. 50s cool down.

If you still attack into the defender you still self inflicted damage from the mediums. If you’re good and have favorable rng with the defender response you do enough damage to get back down to 1% health BEFORE the 50s timer expires and you have access to immortality again (assuming you have at least 15 gamma radiation).

If you get down to 1 before the timer expires and you get hit, you are KO’d. So for 50s you have to manage that and all the self inflicted damage you do.

Or you dance around. Which is so UN-Hulk like.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    No
    Crcrcrc said:

Go watch some Vidoes and you'll see what i mean.
    Brian Grant says is perfectly.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    No

Crcrcrc said:

After immortality goes away, you’re on a cool down. You gain health from the amount of gamma radiation stored. 50s cool down.

If you still attack into the defender you still self inflicted damage from the mediums. If you’re good and have favorable rng with the defender response you do enough damage to get back down to 1% health BEFORE the 50s timer expires and you have access to immortality again (assuming you have at least 15 gamma radiation).

If you get down to 1 before the timer expires and you get hit, you are KO’d. So for 50s you have to manage that and all the self inflicted damage you do.

That is so weird that the self damage isn’t disabled when Immortality is on cooldown
  • Options
    Yes
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

That is so weird that the self damage isn’t disabled when Immortality is on cooldown
    It’s a huge draw back. He’s very very close to being usable for end game content. He needs 1 or two things like this kind of stuff to be fixed and people will try and get him.
  • Options
    Yes
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Actually, one of the things I suggested is that the self inflicted damage during the cool down is a lower percentage than when you have access to immortality. Meaning when there’s no cool down the damage is what Kabam has made it to be but during the cool down its 50% (or whatever) of that percentage.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Yes

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Actually, one of the things I suggested is that the self inflicted damage during the cool down is a lower percentage than when you have access to immortality. Meaning when there’s no cool down the damage is what Kabam has made it to be but during the cool down its 50% (or whatever) of that percentage.
    This is a pretty good idea. Sustaining him in cooldown is a problem right now.
  • Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    WRIR said:

Mods tend to only respond to completely irrelevant or pretty stupid posts. They rarely reply to the good ones unless there is a major uproar.
    Rookiie said:

Savage said:

WRIR said:

Mods tend to only respond to completely irrelevant or pretty stupid posts. They rarely reply to the good ones unless there is a major uproar.
    While you're here @Savage , what are your thoughts on Immortal Hulk?
    I'm still not sure. I would have to wait to see more gameplay because there were only what... 5 CCP videos so far? From first impressions though he looks quite fun to play but a bit impractical.
  • Options
    Yes
    Savage said:

WRIR said:

Rookiie said:

Savage said:

WRIR said:

While you're here @Savage , what are your thoughts on Immortal Hulk?
    I'm still not sure. I would have to wait to see more gameplay because there were only what... 5 CCP videos so far? From first impressions though he looks quite fun to play but a bit impractical.
    Pretty much what everyone’s opinion is.
  • Options
    Yes
    Vs stun immune champs - almost unusable.

Can change the stun chance at 50% gamma to (if stun immune becomes unblockable for 0.75s) or something to help. That wouldn’t even help much because keeping the rage timer up vs stun immune is very very difficult. Uugh Kabam. What have you done to our Hulk!!?
  • Options
    Yes

Can change the stun chance at 50% gamma to (if stun immune becomes unblockable for 0.75s) or something to help. That wouldn’t even help much because keeping the rage timer up vs stun immune is very very difficult. Uugh Kabam. What have you done to our Hulk!!?

Yeah I suspected that Stun Immune & Unstoppable weren't going to work out too well for him. Made that comment on the first page. Looks like he's been totally butchered.
  • Options
    Yes
    Rookiie said:

Yeah I suspected that Stun Immune & Unstoppable weren't going to work out too well for him. Made that comment on the first page. Looks like he's been totally butchered.
    I mean - he has no use. Sure he’s fun but I won’t bring him anywhere relevant. Why bother grinding or spending crystals. He’s so UN-inspiring. And he’s the hulk. Even more so, it feels as if Kabam thought we wouldn’t say anything. There’s not even a Deep Dive on him. Could be coincidence because Dave is busy but what can you say about iHulk really?

Such a failure with this champ. ESPECIALLY since there’s:

She Hulk
    Gladiator Hulk
    Red Hulk

Now maybe iHulk fits here. 4th or even 5th To some people. So bad, Kabam. I want to love him but I can’t.
  • Options
    Yes

Rookiie said:

I mean - he has no use. Sure he’s fun but I won’t bring him anywhere relevant. Why bother grinding or spending crystals. He’s so UN-inspiring. And he’s the hulk. Even more so, it feels as if Kabam thought we wouldn’t say anything. There’s not even a Deep Dive on him. Could be coincidence because Dave is busy but what can you say about iHulk really?

Such a failure with this champ. ESPECIALLY since there’s:

She Hulk
    Gladiator Hulk
    Red Hulk

Now maybe iHulk fits here. 4th or even 5th To some people. So bad, Kabam. I want to love him but I can’t.
    Couldn't have said it any better 🍻
  • Options
    Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    Yes
    I was hoping for a great version of hulk but he is useless , Red Hulk and Gladiator Hulk versions are still the bests
  • Options
    Yes
    Aaronc94 said:

I was hoping for a great version of hulk but he is useless , Red Hulk and Gladiator Hulk versions are still the bests

She Hulk is the best Hulk

She Hulk
    Gladiator Hulk
    Red Hulk
    OG or iHulk
    Joe Fixit

iHulk is 4th or 5th at best, and if you boost Fixit’s #’s, he’ll pass iHulk easily