**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you think Immortal Hulk needs a tune-up?

Comments

• Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Wherever I go I see bad matchups for hulk.
    Was trying to do mm combos with him for damage but he kills himself so fast with that combo.
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Yes
    Rookiie said:

Tried to land a Medium attack off an SP1 and got whacked. I see what you mean @FluffyPigMonster , I'm trying to love him but I can't.

Yup. And whoever disagrees, can you make a counter-point? I’m trying to find good in this guy and saying “he’s fine” is giving up on a beloved character and the potential in this game.

Please give me something I can try or learn from
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    No
    Too early to judge
    Let's wait
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    No
    The only thing he needs is no self damage when Immortality is on cooldown and he will be perfect!
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Yes
    Crcrcrc said:

The only thing he needs is no self damage when Immortality is on cooldown and he will be perfect!

He still needs to build up his Gamma radiation when on cooldown (so that he can regen on Immortality), so maybe instead of no self damage I'd go with less self damage and a shorter cooldown? Maybe.

Edit: thanks again for the tag on the spotlight thread ;)
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    No
    Rookiie said:

Crcrcrc said:

He still needs to build up his Gamma radiation when on cooldown (so that he can regen on Immortality), so maybe instead of no self damage I'd go with less self damage and a shorter cooldown? Maybe.

You’re right. Maybe half damage?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Yes
    Crcrcrc said:

Rookiie said:

Crcrcrc said:

You’re right. Maybe half damage?
    My gut says 20% less damage taken and 10 seconds off the cooldown timer should do the trick.
    Edit: the thing is the more damage he does to himself the more he regens, which is a good thing. You just want to minimize the window where he's dancing around at 1%, and that can be done safely by reducing the cooldown timer.
  • Options
    Yes
    If you play him, he’s a different champion

You can knock yourself out quicker but man, the damage is real now.

On the cool down you have to start ending combos in an “L”. Otherwise you’ll bring yourself right back down to 1% immediately.

This is where I’d add some kind of utility to ending a 5 hit combo with an L. Slow or true strike or something debilitating that allows the user to have a chance to survive. You won’t be stacking gamma until you start ending combos w/medium again and now it’s way faster to damage yourself.
  • Options
    Yes

If you play him, he’s a different champion

You can knock yourself out quicker but man, the damage is real now.

On the cool down you have to start ending combos in an “L”. Otherwise you’ll bring yourself right back down to 1% immediately.

This is where I’d add some kind of utility to ending a 5 hit combo with an L. Slow or true strike or something debilitating that allows the user to have a chance to survive. You won’t be stacking gamma until you start ending combos w/medium again and now it’s way faster to damage yourself.

I haven't tested him out yet.
    Tell us more:
    1) Does this mean his RAGE timer doesn't need to be extended?
    2) Does that mean that he's going to be dancing around at 1% for a lot longer?
    3) Do you still think his Immortality needs to be immune to AAR?
  • Options
    Yes
    His rage timer is perfect at 2s. Any more and it’ll be debilitating. You’ll probably do self damage if it’s at 2.5 when you don’t want to. I think extending it would be a mistake (even 2.2 is too much).

You shouldn’t have him at 1% now unless you can go immortal. You should focus on collecting gamma radiation, and like I said ending the combo with a “L” should give some utility. It’ll make sure you’re not ending with the 2nd M which is what’s going to kill you during the cool down. Now I’d rather not shorten the cool down but add that utility.

Yes, AAR should not shut off immortality. It’s all he has.

I will add that making all energy damage able to convert to gamma radiation should be considered. At 70% like Hulk Ragnarok with Face me.
  • Options
    Yes
    His physical damage bonus at the end of rage bypasses safeguard. Pretty much demolishes it
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Yes
    he is weakest hulk beside hoe fixit so i surely think he needs a tune up or some form of gameplay change, reduce burst damage, longer rage stack, non bypass immortality,increased base stats, more utility, stronger patrify, guranteed stuns on specials, a lot lot can be done if kabam wanted to but utter silence means there wont b any changes and he'll be released like he is
  • Options
    Yes
    Kalantak said:

he is weakest hulk beside hoe fixit so i surely think he needs a tune up or some form of gameplay change, reduce burst damage, longer rage stack, non bypass immortality,increased base stats, more utility, stronger patrify, guranteed stuns on specials, a lot lot can be done if kabam wanted to but utter silence means there wont b any changes and he'll be released like he is

Thanks for the feedback!
    To be fair to Kabam they've already increased the RAGE timer from 1.5s to 2s, and as of a few hours ago they've paused it during opponent's special attacks. Two small changes, but huge wins for Immortal Hulk. They're fixing him slowly but I agree with you he still needs about 2-3 more fixes. Guaranteed stuns, Immortality AAR immunity & gameplay fixes including landing Mediums after specials (currently whiffed) and longer Heavy reach if possible.
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Rookiie said:

Kalantak said:

Thanks for the feedback!
    To be fair to Kabam they've already increased the RAGE timer from 1.5s to 2s, and as of a few hours ago they've paused it during opponent's special attacks. Two small changes, but huge wins for Immortal Hulk. They're fixing him slowly but I agree with you he still needs about 2-3 more fixes. Guaranteed stuns, Immortality AAR immunity & gameplay fixes including landing Mediums after specials (currently whiffed) and longer Heavy reach if possible.
    Actually, some change was live before the pause rage during opp's sp, which is increase rage damage from 290+ to 360+, rage timer from 1.5s to 2s and sp3 gamma gain from 10% to 15%
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited November 2020

His rage timer is perfect at 2s. Any more and it’ll be debilitating. You’ll probably do self damage if it’s at 2.5 when you don’t want to. I think extending it would be a mistake (even 2.2 is too much).

You shouldn’t have him at 1% now unless you can go immortal. You should focus on collecting gamma radiation, and like I said ending the combo with a “L” should give some utility. It’ll make sure you’re not ending with the 2nd M which is what’s going to kill you during the cool down. Now I’d rather not shorten the cool down but add that utility.

I will add that making all energy damage able to convert to gamma radiation should be considered. At 70% like Hulk Ragnarok with Face me.

Maybe make him immortal immune to AAR except against skill champs, which is benefit for both way bc no one gonna use him with class disadvantage and many skill champs have AAR to deal with Hulk when as defender
  • Options
    Yes
    Mike192 said:

Rookiie said:

Kalantak said:

Thanks for the feedback!
    30% reduction on cooldown of Immortality scaling with Sig should make him much better.
    This would be sick. Doubt they'll change the sig though.
  • Options
    Yes
    slacker said:

Rookiie said:

Kalantak said:

Thanks for the feedback!
    Actually, some change was live before the pause rage during opp's sp, which is increase rage damage from 290+ to 360+, rage timer from 1.5s to 2s and sp3 gamma gain from 10% to 15%
    Yeah I meant to say that my bad if it wasn't clear.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I suggest that while the immortality is in cooldown , hulk becomes immune to damage from his rage ability and whenever he would get damage from this ability he would store gamma radiation.
  • Options
    Yes

I just tested it. It's a huge change! I can live without them extending the RAGE timer, although I wouldn't say no to 2.5 seconds. I can agree that it's no longer needed.
    I had an eye on the Degeneration bit, you're right. Storing 60% of the Degen as Gamma Radiation is TOO low. This is making him harder to sustain in fights. I would increase it to 65-70% instead of 80-90%, as small changes with champs still tend to have large effects on their gameplay.
    The Immortality AAR immunity bit is definitely a necessity.
  • Options
    Yes
    Rookiie said:

I just tested it. It's a huge change! I can live without them extending the RAGE timer, although I wouldn't say no to 2.5 seconds. I can agree that it's no longer needed.
    I had an eye on the Degeneration bit, you're right. Storing 60% of the Degen as Gamma Radiation is TOO low. This is making him harder to sustain in fights. I would increase it to 65-70% instead of 80-90%, as small changes with champs still tend to have large effects on their gameplay.
    The Immortality AAR immunity bit is definitely a necessity.
    I think what would fix him to the end is some kind of agitation debuff when ending a combo with a L. Or you add 1 gamma radiation when you end a 5 hit combo with a L. Hear me out.

When he goes into cool down, you don’t want to be aggressive. In the comics and movies and cartoons when he doesn’t want to fight he’s not as agitated. Make the MLLLL cause him to have some kind of utility.

Something that slows down the opponent. Root would work here.

Ending an attack with a light attack causes the opponent to be “rooted” for 0.5 seconds (paralyzed by fear?).

Or make it a slow debuff for 5s or something.

Something to help him during cool down.

I’ll even take adding 1 gamma radiation ending a 5 hit combo with an L.

He needs some help during the cool down phase.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Some thoughts I had.

The issues with immortality that have been mentioned countless times here. A very interesting idea with poor implementation.

I really like the idea of changing degen to include all energy damage that @FluffyPigMonster suggested. That would make him a lot more interesting for many fights. Alternatively, I still believe Hulk should get some form of debuff duration reduction (maybe scaling with rage stacks or power bar level like Blade?)...maybe that can be saved for whenever OG Hulk is updated.

Rage stacks could have a taunt mechanic like She-Hulk's fury stacks. This would give him some added utility. Or, Hulk could have a mechanic where if the enemy holds block for 2 seconds (the timing would be similar to Mojo's hold block command), Hulk becomes enraged and goes unblockable for 0.5 seconds.

This probably won't happen but personally, I'd just like a passive unstoppable to accompany the unblockable phase during Immortality. I just want to feel like Hulk and go in hard on the opponent. The unstoppable effect can be deactivated by intercepting Hulk (I just added this so defense is balanced in war?). I don't think it would even be something OP. Thing can routinely activate both unstoppable/unblockable and Dragon Man can easily access a very long unstoppable with reliable ways of becoming unblockable.

It would be kind of cool if they made it so Mordo can't astral evade Hulk.