Options

Questions You're Afraid To Ask

Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
So this is just a thread to answer some questions you're afraid to ask.

You may think the question is too insignificant to create your own post about it.
Or maybe it's not that important, but you want to know out of curiosity.
Or maybe you're just a little embarrassed that you still don't know a basic concept or rule.
Or maybe you saw someone post something and you're wondering what they meant.

Well, I created this thread because I feel a little embarrassed to not know certain things yet, and some of you may feel the same.

I've divided the questions into 3 categories:
General Gameplay (GGP), Character Specific Questions (CSQ), and Out Of Curiosity (OOC). Pretty self-explanatory.

Feel free to answer the questions, and if you have any questions, you can either send me a message, or ask it on the thread itself. (But for the sake of my OCD, please number it correctly)

Some basic guidelines for asking or answering:

1) When asking/answering please specify category and question number. My intention is that each category will have it's own numbering. For eg: GGP Q1) or GGP A1)

2) Avoid using abbreviations, unless you specify their meaning (seriously, they are really difficult to understand)

3) Try not to answer the same questions everyone else has

4) No sarcastic answers please

5) Be polite. Help the little guy out

So here are some questions I've been wanting to ask:

GGP:
Q1) What are ramp up champs?
Q2) What is utility? And what abilities count as utilities and what don't?
Q3) What are passive abilities?

CSQ:
Q1) Why do I keep seeing 'RNG' in association with Domino?
Q2) Why can't I get Old Man Logan to bleed?

OOC:
Q1) Why the hype over 1 star hulk?
Q2) Why does everyone say Cyclops is a good AW defender?

If you know any of the answers, please reply.
If you have any questions, you can send me a message and I will include it in my next wave of questions. It'll make me feel really great to help others out with this initiative.

Smiles.
Β«13456712

Comments

• Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    (GGP) Slow works on force of will right?
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited January 2021

(GGP) How is the damage for medium, heavy and special attacks set? I know light attacks are 25% of modified attack, but what’s the percentage for these other attacks, and does it differ champ to champ?

You would think after 3 years and almost 100% of content done I would know this butπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

i think special attacks are random
  • Options
    LemoNotLemoNot Posts: 181 β˜…
    CSQ: What do Taskmaster's Photographic Reflexes mean by "Unique Attacks"? Do they mean each individual medium/light on top of heavy and special attacks, or only one medium and one light attack on top of heavy and special attacks?
    Because if it's the latter that's stupid and doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    CGR2020 said:

1: How do champs like Killmonger and Korg hold weapons behind them without anything to hold them?
    2: Where was it confirmed that Sorcerer Supremo's name is Kali?

1) HAMMERSPACE
  • Options
    @Notsavage19 Thank you so much!
  • Options
    RaviDavi said:

GGP 3: Passive abilities (passives) are abilities that bypass the definition of buffs or debuffs:
    These have similar characteristics as buffs or debuffs except:

-They won't trigger Masochism/Buffet/Conflictor(=Power gain Masochism)
    -Passive buffs can't be nullified or Staggered or be taken away using Fate Seal
    -Passive debuffs (Nova Flames/Plasma-IMIW etc) won't trigger Willpower healing in arena/AW

However it isn't always good for the player:
    -Passive armor ups don't protect you from Havok's Plasma Detonation (IMIW etc)
    -Passives can't be purified unless the node allows you to with a certain action (Land Heavy attack or something else)
    -Cap IW can't remove passive unstoppable as passives can't be nullified.

You can distinguish between both as a passive doesn't have a thick line along the borders (buffs and debuffs do).
    Also you can read the texts when you press the pause button, it lists the description of all active passives and buffs and debuffs and other certain abilities from both you and the opponent's champs.

Thank you!
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian
    (GGP)
    How many paths are in 6.2.4 the map is confusing for me. It seems like 12 paths but I'm confused
  • Options
    LemoNotLemoNot Posts: 181 β˜…
    @HI_guys Damn, that sucks. They oughta update that.
  • Options

CGR2020 said:

1: How do champs like Killmonger and Korg hold weapons behind them without anything to hold them?
    2: Where was it confirmed that Sorcerer Supremo's name is Kali?

Sorcerer Supremo's sounds like a pizzeria
    Please don't start the pizzeria debate again
  • Options
    RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Sometimes with 5 and 6 stars after you activate the special, the extra bar for more damage has a wider green and yellow target. Does anyone know the specifics of when it occurs? As in, if you have a 5 star r4 and the opponent 5* r3, will you have more chance to hit the attack bonus?
  • Options
    KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Wht r the milestones for each star in the forum profile?