**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Enter the Grandmaster's Gauntlet!

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,364 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Role Playing Game counter or RPG knowledge? 🤔🤔🤔.
  • Paddy95Paddy95 Posts: 14
    edited June 2021
    Very excited! Could this finally be Proxima’s time to shine?

Edit: nope it’ll just be quake for most of it by the sounds of it
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,253 ★★★★★
    Cop123 said:

Healthpool will probably be abyss level, no fun if it's act 6 or act 7 level.

This challenge is not for me but I'm glad there are no stupid artificial caps like the abyss hit cap or enrage timer.

"the goal for this Quest is to be a challenge similar to that of Abyss, if not a little more challenging, but the focus is not on large Health Pools in the Millions, but difficult Buffs and Nodes that enhance already challenging Base kits"
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

Am I reading Quake fights? If you insist. Just makes it easier.

Generous of them to make path 1 4/5 quake fights. Even decided to reduce the healthpools.

Part of me wonders if healthpools are low enough to brute force with corvus or Aegon
    If I had to assume the hp will probably be like 500k or so.
    500k feels too good to be true. Any roadblocks would be within the range of Aegon heavy burst and a couple revives
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,145 ★★★★★
    Is this content gated at all?
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,875 Guardian

H3t3r said:

Generous of them to make path 1 4/5 quake fights. Even decided to reduce the healthpools.

Part of me wonders if healthpools are low enough to brute force with corvus or Aegon
    500k feels too good to be true. Any roadblocks would be within the range of Aegon heavy burst and a couple revives
    I disagree
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,011 ★★★★★

yes. you have to be Thronebreaker. that's the only 'gate'.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,011 ★★★★★
    That means to get the best rewards from the final chest, you will have to beat all of these fights, back to back!

can it be done? yes, i've done it before BUT ... from the sounds of it, it's gonna be a right pain lol

i'll give a whirl though for giggles.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 2,977 ★★★★★

In dev diary they said about 6 r3s wonder if kabam can confirm if it be gated to 6 r3s or 6s particually since if not then most answers for this is quake on every fight
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,817 ★★★★★

Looks like we'll definitely see the first R4 champ this year.

Doubtful. That's still not enough to form 1 even with spring cleaning and 7.2. and you need 3 of each to R4. We can only hold 1 of each right now.
  • Count_WillisCount_Willis Posts: 121 ★★

.... 3 metal champs listed in the teaser.... (Laughing in Red Magneto)

My guess is that they figured out how to make Mags and Quake mostly unusable in section 2. We shall see.
    You're probably right, but as one of my only really good 6*, I am hoping i can just clear the 3 sections and go after thanos for some spicy stuff

.... 3 metal champs listed in the teaser.... (Laughing in Red Magneto)

My guess is that they figured out how to make Mags and Quake mostly unusable in section 2. We shall see.
    You're probably right, but as one of my only really good 6*, I am hoping i can just clear the 3 sections and go after thanos for some spicy stuff
    Good luck, hope you do it.
    Bendy said:

In dev diary they said about 6 r3s wonder if kabam can confirm if it be gated to 6 r3s or 6s particually since if not then most answers for this is quake on every fight
    That's how I had read it, but because Kabam does not mention that in today's post I think maybe they were just trying in the Dev Diary to give people an idea of the difficulty and the need to be Thronebreaker. We'll know soon enough...
  • DRob74DRob74 Posts: 93
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

Will there be a legends run and opportunity for this challenge?
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

I disagree
    Guess we'll have to see tomorrow.
    Would be very glad to be wrong since it means my thumbs won't fall off quaking
  • MBoguszMBogusz Posts: 98 ★★
    Will this challenge reward perfect play like 7.2? Or just be about the size of your unit stash? I really hope not the latter, both iterations of the roadmap said you wanted to reward perfect play and would be kind of sucky to go against that
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,925 ★★★★★
    Guess I’m unretiring to get TB to try this...
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    MBogusz said:

Will this challenge reward perfect play like 7.2? Or just be about the size of your unit stash? I really hope not the latter, both iterations of the roadmap said you wanted to reward perfect play and would be kind of sucky to go against that

Well, they did say is not possible to counter all 21 fights with a team of 5,so some fights u will need to Yolo and unitman
  • MBoguszMBogusz Posts: 98 ★★

MBogusz said:

Well, they did say is not possible to counter all 21 fights with a team of 5,so some fights u will need to Yolo and unitman
    Yeah probably too much to hope they might change it like they said
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,723 ★★★★★
    Couldve just made it permanent if the progress gets saved. Makes it more difficult to farm for 2weeks then have the remainder of the time to complete
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    MCOC Team said:

but the focus is not on large Health Pools in the Millions, but difficult Buffs and Nodes that enhance already challenging Base kits. Shorter, more intense fights with their own unique complications, and an antagonistic level design that demands you persevere to be rewarded.

This event just became 1000000000000000000x more interesting to me.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I would get very annoyed if only 6* champs were allowed in, there are just too many champs not even available as a 6*. I also don’t think they’ve had a gate yet that was based on the rank of the champion.