**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Strikers - New Feature Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★
    Telbert said:

To be honest I haven't really used it, I can see how it could be handy though. My main thought is if they can do this why cant they do mystique?

They've stated before that they don't have the technological prowess to be able to do her powers justice.
  • Options
    SandeepS said:

1. Button placement needs to change, too near the special and I found myself accidentally pressing it while not active and champ just stands there open

2. Concept is great, thought needs a few things thought through
    A. Which special will be used from the striker? My opinion is it should always be special 1, if we give too many options it will mean more configuration, if we give 2 specials then it's more buttons on the screen
    B. What happens to secondary effects (benefit att), by this I mean if I was using Magik, sp2 would power drain and steal some. If I used her as a striker, I would expect the champ to have zero power after the special but would my main champ get some extra?
    C. What happens to secondary effects (damage def), by this I mean if I used warlock I could use a special 1 as a striker and defender would bleed, would the bleed remain after the special? I think it should. Then a more interesting one, if I used warlock sp2 as a striker and infect the defender, would the infection remain when using my existing champ?
    D. Interaction with attacker. Colossus when using corvus for example makes all his hits critical. If I used someone with many armor up buffs, would this transfer to colossus and make his specials do more damage?
    E. Choosing strikers, I dont think it should be unlimited to make it more interesting. Maybe limit it by people they have a synergy with, same size (e.g. xl can have xl striker) or organisation. I am also OK with the current predefined striker system, secondary beneficial effect makes things fun.
    F. Does the striker take damage on your behalf? E.g. could it withstand a special for you, or could def only throw special when striker is gone like a normal special? If I randomly used a striker and the def was hitting it, would I get the damage or not as it's the striker getting hit.

I think I can answer F, atleast part of it.
    When you activate a Striker and your suffering from Debuffs, they will keep ticking but you won't take damage as long as the Striker is out. So you can survive some Dots for longer or make them expire if you time it right
  • Options
    Jeromix_2ndJeromix_2nd Posts: 20
    edited January 2022
    Choosing a striker from currently questing team might be interesting. It would be fair then for the striker to be affected by debuffs on 'main' champ in the fight.
  • Options
    TelbertTelbert Posts: 20
    Terra said:

Telbert said:

To be honest I haven't really used it, I can see how it could be handy though. My main thought is if they can do this why cant they do mystique?

They've stated before that they don't have the technological prowess to be able to do her powers justice.
    But they do, she just needs to change into a different character during specials, how is that unachievable when it's basically what this feature does... literally no reason they cant do it and this proves that
  • Options
    EscornaboiEscornaboi Posts: 2,448 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike First of all, I love the new "strikers" functionality. It reminds me of classic arcade fighting games. Precisely, in this line, I make a suggestion:
    - that you can choose a member of your team as a "striker"
    - in case you don't want a "striker" from your team, you can rent one from a range of options depending on your progress in the game

In either case, I think the strikers and the main fighter should mutually benefit from any synergies they can have.

As for the button to activate the "striker", I have the same complaint as most: I keep pressing it many times accidentally when performing a combo. The size and location of this button should be rethought and even enable an option that allows the button to be on the right or left side.

Finally, being smaller and having space available, I suggest that the Striker's bar has at least 2 power bars active (so that he can execute special 1 and special 2). This, or else that he has only one bar, but that the striker's attack is not his special 1, but for example a 5-hit combo.
  • Options
    PsyGrinder_XPsyGrinder_X Posts: 58
    Apocalypse doesn't gain his charge if you finish the fight with the striker. This stinks.
  • Options
    jorge25jorge25 Posts: 7
    I think that is the best mechanism that you guys have added to the game and that you should implement it in the history quests and if it is possible to raise a litle more the maximum lvl of the players and the limit of the mastery points, add new masters that benefit to the strikers, an Act 8 with seven - star characters and obviously putting seven - star characters shards.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

@Kabam Miike First of all, I love the new "strikers" functionality. It reminds me of classic arcade fighting games. Precisely, in this line, I make a suggestion:
    - that you can choose a member of your team as a "striker"
    - in case you don't want a "striker" from your team, you can rent one from a range of options depending on your progress in the game

In either case, I think the strikers and the main fighter should mutually benefit from any synergies they can have.

As for the button to activate the "striker", I have the same complaint as most: I keep pressing it many times accidentally when performing a combo. The size and location of this button should be rethought and even enable an option that allows the button to be on the right or left side.

Finally, being smaller and having space available, I suggest that the Striker's bar has at least 2 power bars active (so that he can execute special 1 and special 2). This, or else that he has only one bar, but that the striker's attack is not his special 1, but for example a 5-hit combo.

Rent a striker? No way am I spending units on this and we should definitely not be asking them to put a cost on this function.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    I don't know. A cost to use it would be unreasonable, but I could see room for the OP's suggestion. If you don't have the Champ in your Roster, you could purchase a Striker for Units or what have you. That's not too far-fetched. Not everything will come free.
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    it's an interesting mechanic but I'm not a fan of the location of the button. i missed the button at least 3 times already trying to hit it and ended up getting hit and unfortunately depending on who you fight that one hit can really hurt your health pool.

not sure where i would suggest putting it....maybe move the 3 bars that tell you which SP your at up and to the left and move the striker button down below them but to the right so it's further away from the SP button..

that would effectively make the buttons further away from each other while keeping the SP button at the same location we are used to...

personally i would have prefered the ability to add certain permanent buffs to champs...would allow Kabam to monetize it without making existing champs too OP as you could pick/choose which permanent buffs to allow. Would prefer that over the likely eventual 7 star champs
  • Options
    Natasha1100Natasha1100 Posts: 16
    Today I tried on hercules, The coolest move that I made is maked perfect chance, I'm thanking to kabam to bringing this system and new updates, well better do new mechanics and new features and systems in future to this game
    ❤😙
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    While the feature is pretty cool, the button is not well placed !
    I often misclick on the button while trying to parry or dext
  • Options
    Stellar said:

While the feature is pretty cool, the button is not well placed !
    I often misclick on the button while trying to parry or dext

Why is your parry/dex thumb placement that low?

Generally, I put mine at the extreme ends of my device screen
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    General feedback: I like it!

Some constructive criticism:

The button is too close to the special attack button. Half the time it gets blocked because I waste seconds on placing my big thumb on the correct spot. The other half I accidently use the special attack prematurely.

I noticed Magneto doesn’t trigger the unblockable. I suspect it fails due to the magnet 70% AAR. That shouldn't happen.

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★

I like it ... the button placement needs some more thought ... sometimes it just didn't fire when pressed or it was me missing it but it wasn't seamless to fire off.

also , after the Strike is over the placement of my champ seems weird .. that whole reappearing thing was a tad wonky ... like when I reappeared, should I be blocking or attacking and am I gonna be placed right next to the defender?? it felt like there was a little hiccup there after the Strike was done.

This captures my thoughts on strikers. I’ve found myself accidentally triggering a striker when swiping back. I’m not sure where would be a better location for the button, but I’ve had to adjust hand placement to avoid it. Even so, in a longer fight, it’s easy to slip things down the screen and call in the striker without meaning to.

Animation post-striker (as @DeaconVelvet pointed out) feels a little jarring.

Overall a fun add, but it needs some refinement before it becomes a fixture of any meaningful content.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    I experienced repeated misfires when hitting the button. It proved costly. I am still experiencing a lot of lag and frozen screens in all parts of the game (as soon as my cache reaches 2 megs).
    This kind of event can be devastating when combined with lag, freezing, parry failing and buttons misfiring!
    In return for muscling through i got a cavalier nexus and my choice of 3 4 stars!
    I did not find it "fun" or rewarding. (So far!)
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

I like it ... the button placement needs some more thought ... sometimes it just didn't fire when pressed or it was me missing it but it wasn't seamless to fire off.

also , after the Strike is over the placement of my champ seems weird .. that whole reappearing thing was a tad wonky ... like when I reappeared, should I be blocking or attacking and am I gonna be placed right next to the defender?? it felt like there was a little hiccup there after the Strike was done.

This captures my thoughts on strikers. I’ve found myself accidentally triggering a striker when swiping back. I’m not sure where would be a better location for the button, but I’ve had to adjust hand placement to avoid it. Even so, in a longer fight, it’s easy to slip things down the screen and call in the striker without meaning to.

Animation post-striker (as @DeaconVelvet pointed out) feels a little jarring.

Overall a fun add, but it needs some refinement before it becomes a fixture of any meaningful content.

Dr. Zola
    Yep indeed ... I do like it but some tweaks are in order for sure.
  • Options
    Hero_1606Hero_1606 Posts: 14
    I’ve ready enjoyed them. Just wondering if, when they come fully into the game you will be able to pick any champion from your roster.
    Loving it in the side quest already.
  • Options
    Fred1Fred1 Posts: 37
    I like it. Perhaps the button is too close from the SP button.
    The feature is cool and should be carefully 'polished'.... good job
    Fred
  • Options
    Crine60 said:

Rent a striker? No way am I spending units on this and we should definitely not be asking them to put a cost on this function.

Dear @Crine60, the use of the word "rent" was a rough idea. He was not literally thinking of it having a unit cost. I'm thinking, for example, of the Pokémon Battle Tower mechanic, where you can borrow equipment or use your own, but with a limitation in terms of its power.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

Crine60 said:

Dear @Crine60, the use of the word "rent" was a rough idea. He was not literally thinking of it having a unit cost. I'm thinking, for example, of the Pokémon Battle Tower mechanic, where you can borrow equipment or use your own, but with a limitation in terms of its power.
    I don't know anything about the Pokemon game you are talking about but when it comes to Kabam I would try to be precise when using words that can encourage or give them cover for adding more monetization to the game.
  • Options
    CΛBLΞCΛBLΞ Posts: 5
    Not sure if this is a bug or just an oversight but it seems that when the striker gets the knock out any ramp up champs fail to gain their combo/charges. For example, Corvus did not gain any charges when fighting og vision b/c striker got the ko. Likewise when using aegon, the combo was not persisted because the striker got the ko. Wondering if this was intentional or an oversight? If intentional this interaction should have been more clearly communicated as it negatively affects various champs in game.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @Crine60 My mother langue is not English, so I apologize for the inaccuracy. However, the proposed mechanics not only occurs in the Pokémons games, but also in other video games (for example the "FUT mode" in FIFA 22., with superstar footballers that you can borrow on your team for five matchs).
  • Options
    EllJClarkEllJClark Posts: 16
    Enjoying strikers. A fun new feature and like the added mechanics of gaining unblockable.
    Button really needs moving though. Myself and several of my alliance members keep hitting it when going for a parry.
    Middle of the bottom of the screen seems to be the consensus on where would make sense.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,140 ★★★★★
    The button placement is terrible. I also find it annoying that when you switch back out with the striker it basically throws you face first into the path of the attacker, rather than just drop you stationary at the point you disappeared. Otherwise it's a cool new feature.
  • Options
    Wildblue333Wildblue333 Posts: 403 ★★
    So far it's interesting but I need to learn more about them and how to use them
  • Options
    Wildblue333Wildblue333 Posts: 403 ★★
    Right now, I can only use Colossus . Will we be able to chose who the Striker is??
  • Options

Right now, I can only use Colossus . Will we be able to chose who the Striker is??

I think Colossus was chosen for this round, because he's one of the only mutants with no effects on his sp2, making it easier to not middle too much code wise.

I wouldn't be surprised in week 2 and beyond we see a singular new striker each time
  • Options
    KayKay Posts: 9
    Terrible Placement of the Striker Button. I’m using an IPhone 13 pro and as I want to deck or evade/swipe back I accidentally press the „striker-button“. Unplayable for me. The idea is not bad at all ..but there has to be found another placement or the possibility to turn the button off.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    Although it’s nice to have an escape from getting hit using the striker , I don’t see what the practical use is for this. What is its intended use and value?

It feels terribly clunky ; I get hit a lot after my striker hero switches back to my original champ. Maybe it’s my timing but it just doesn’t feel smooth at all.

Also the button to trigger the striker doesn’t always seem to work & its placement is too close to the special button.