**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Strikers - New Feature Feedback Thread

123457»

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

is it intended that for example, if you are fighting with corvus against a mutant, tech or avenger and you finish the fight with the striker that you wont get a persistant charge?

Yes.
    Corvus needs to deal the final blow.
    If the Striker deals the final blow, it's not Corvus doing it.
    No. It's a bug @Terror_Tom
  • Options
    KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    Cool feature…but I hate the placement of the button lol
  • Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 629 ★★★
    Hate this feature.
    Every time it fail to click the annoying button the result is combo to the face an dying.
    With the nodes combination you are forcing us to use it and risk using this button.
  • Options
    AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    The button placement was bad before. Now it’s even worse. Way too close to where I block/parry/dex.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022

I had autofight on. As soon as the fight started, my champ used striker and all effects and otherwise of my champ were removed. This includes suicides as well as feats of strength s. As you can see i have 1 feat while having 4 persistent charges. This happened because I posts all feats and then obtained one in the fight

@Fit_Fun9329 you had similar issue?
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    My button placement changed this week. I was happier with the button closer to the special button as opposed to farther away.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Some bugs but overall enjoyed this feature. I wouldn't want to play against the AI if they had strikers though. Would get wrecked quickly.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,890 ★★★★★

I had autofight on. As soon as the fight started, my champ used striker and all effects and otherwise of my champ were removed. This includes suicides as well as feats of strength s. As you can see i have 1 feat while having 4 persistent charges. This happened because I posts all feats and then obtained one in the fight

@Fit_Fun9329 you had similar issue?

Exactly this my friend! Every ability is automatically disabled… super strange but reliably reproducible if the auto Ai is willing to active striker direct after the fight begun
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,890 ★★★★★
    Venompool as well - cooking Meter vanished bye bye
  • Options
    Cjt782Cjt782 Posts: 6
    The interaction between ability accuracy reduction and strikers is a pretty big problem. It doesn't make any sense to penalize the attacker for reducing the ability accuracy of the defender.

If you're using AA or Magneto, for example, you can't get unstoppable from Juggernaut, heal from Wolverine, or unblockable from colossus. The attacker fails to gain a buff from the striker because the defender has reduced ability accuracy.

I raised a similar concern with Cavalier Event Quest buffs and was told by Kabam Support:
    Since node buffs are attached to the defender and considered their own abilities, this means node buff effects can fail. This is an intended design.

This is a really big problem, because
    1. It isn't intuitive to players
    2. It's effectively a nerf to champs that have ability accuracy reduction in their kit because they're now almost unusable in content with this type of behavior
    I don't mind strikers, they were sometimes fun and sometimes frustrating (especially because there isn't a way to chain a strikers attack into a basic or special attack, meaning that aggressive play after using a striker often results in a smack to the face), but I really think that nodes like the Cav EQ attacker buffs and Strikers need to be reworked so they are not attached to the defenders.
  • Options
    TreoTreo Posts: 389 ★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Some bugs but overall enjoyed this feature. I wouldn't want to play against the AI if they had strikers though. Would get wrecked quickly.

That’s why I am not happy with this feature. We know everything we can use will also be used by the ai. Which seems normal. But in this case it’s the reason I don’t like this feature. I try to rate both ways. I don’t see a plus side for the attacker. It messed with the flow of the fight for me. Also if I try to use it usually it ends up being me eating a combo and dying. This is just me being bad at the game most likely. My skill level vs game requirements has been dropping faster than ever before in the last 3 months. But besides me not liking the feature as an attacker I actually fear it being used by ai. Just the thought of that is giving me chills.
  • Options
    TeufelHundenTeufelHunden Posts: 104
    It's too cumbersome
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 693 ★★★
    Did not like the strikers for the following reasons.
    1. To many times when I would hit the special attack button the striker would attack instead.
    2. The placement of the striker button Made the feel of playing nervous of always hitting the wrong button at the wrong time.
    3. When you win a fight with a champ such as apocalypse and you when you used the striker to knock out the opponent you did not gain a genetic code.
    4. And I feel like the more things you guys add just makes the game worse. Stop spending so much time on making new things and focus on fixing the first so y’all can build a better game.
  • Options
    kenadroidkenadroid Posts: 453 ★★★
    If Kabam has shown that they are able to load two champs in a fight, I think it would be more interesting and fun for everyone that the evolution of the striker is to have tag team fights that can be swapped entirely mid fight. Like MvC or Tekken Tag. That is the dream but hopefully comes to fruition.