**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Strikers - New Feature Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    nfernonferno Posts: 64
    Seems like it could be fun but so far find it to be quite unreliable. Sometimes the transition is smooth. Sometimes it doesn’t register. Sometimes it’s delayed. I’ve hit into block many times even after a parry because it took too long for the striker to activate. Or I’m getting hit after my 4th light attack because the striker didn’t activate.
  • Options
    RichTheManRichTheMan Posts: 187 ★★★
    is anyone having an issue of the button not responding upon being pressed? this seems to be a problem for me in week 2 not on week 1.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

is anyone having an issue of the button not responding upon being pressed? this seems to be a problem for me in week 2 not on week 1.

Once, but I thought it was my timing in the Combo.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Huh seems week 2 has a different way to fill up the bar.

Not a big fan with combat power rate filling up the meter. Feels like the enemy dies before I get anywhere close to a second striker charge. Hopefully in one of the next weeks it would be cool to see some Proxima Midnight style missions and on completion your striker is ready.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Seems unnecessary and pointless.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★

YES!!! this week has been noticeably bad when it comes to activating it ... I noticed it immediately ... I had to really really intentionallly look at the button and try it otherwise there was no chance I'd activate it in the flow of the fight
  • Options
    MSpawnMSpawn Posts: 102
    Really liking the Strikers idea for the innovation and creativity if nothing else. My only issue with the implementation is the positioning of the button.

For those using a smaller mobile device, and have larger hands, can really create a lot of accidental inputs. When looking at it, sine we already have to keep an eye on the area where buffs and debuffs appear, and since the profile-fight avatar doesn't have any other real purpose, why not go towards placing the button somewhere like:

Just a thought! :smile:

• Options
    Masquerade1981Masquerade1981 Posts: 294
    I love this feature. Would like to see the button moved to a new place. Was thinking maybe you could remove the auto-fight button since it's mostly used before the fight in the matchup screen or even on the map screen in order to make room for the striker button. Too many times I fired it unintentionally.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    I dislike that killing with a striker doesn’t give Corvus charges
  • Options
    Grizzly_18Grizzly_18 Posts: 90
    Button placement is annoying, but other than the button placement, best feature in years.
  • Options
    Why is it that nodes that give the attacker buffs in certain circumstances are linked to the defender's ability accuracy instead of the attacker's? That makes strikers who give buffs irrelevant aside from some bonus damage on champs who reduce ability accuracy.
  • Options
    TeufelHundenTeufelHunden Posts: 104
    If the button replaced the "auto fight" location, that would be great. It gets in my way and maybe make it smaller. Auto fight can be put somewhere else.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,833 ★★★★★
    I played on Auto with sunspot. Immediately after the fight begun, Auto decided to activate striker (hulk). After that, all solar charges and flare state were completely gone. My hits wouldn’t incinerate.

Some bugs are surely there
  • Options

Not seem this mentioned anywhere but when I used striker with corvus glaive, all his hits were critical. But not so with other champs
    But after glaive charges got over no hit crit

You only get all crits if you chain the striker with basic hits. If you do a striker intercept or parry and press striker, hits are not critical
    The crits from HitMonkey MlM into Striker seem to carry into Striker crits too.
    I'm pretty sure striker damage is dependent on your champion. So for someone like Domino or Corvus Glaive, there will be higher crit damage due to their abilities.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,833 ★★★★★

I played on Auto with sunspot. Immediately after the fight begun, Auto decided to activate striker (hulk). After that, all solar charges and flare state were completely gone. My hits wouldn’t incinerate.

Exact the same scenario with nick fury on auto play. It seems that when auto uses the striker immediately after the fight begins, all capabilities of the champ are lost. I received tactical charges only after losing the decoy.
  • Options
    mik1147mik1147 Posts: 21
    Place the button somewhere else, its so annoyingly in the way of where i place my fingers when playing the game.. playing your own game before pushing out will save so much time on reworking stuff
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Even suicides disappear
  • Options
    Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    In all honesty, strikers could be fun, but at present they are pointless. You cannot use your striker if the enemy has anything close to a bar of power. The striker takes the opponent over and then while the striker is still leaving the screen and u are locked in place the defender is throwing a special that is completely unavoidable. It’s just pointless and too risky to bother utilising and the benefit absolutely does not outweigh the risk. A fail I’m afraid unless the timing of specials is fixed so the opponent cannot throw until you are able to move again
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    They’re too weak. And I press the button accidentally too often.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    I feel like activating the striker with the opponent up against the wall results in me getting punched in the face a lot.

The feedback I left in the survey was I'd like a couple of striker options with different abilities (selectable as a prefight) depending on the defender/node.

And that I don't want to see strikers available as defenders. Imagine having your combo broken by a striker with +X00% attack which allows the AI to immediately launch a SP3 after, that you wont survive because the striker softened you up already.
  • Options
    Natasha1100Natasha1100 Posts: 16
    I want striker feature in all game mode
    By choosing the striker character equally to main character

For Example:
    Eg 1.
    If I choose hercules as main character
    I choose colossus or abomination immortal

Colossus grants hercules an unblockable buff,
    Or
    Abomination immortal grant the opponent poison buff for 3 times

Eg 2.
    If I choose black widow classic
    I choose black widow deadly origin or new captain marvel

Black widow deadly origin grants Black widow classic with insight debuff
    Or
    New Captain marvel grants 1 armor break buff on opponent

We all want these striker feature in upcoming future updates.
  • Options
    Terror_TomTerror_Tom Posts: 152
    is it intended that for example, if you are fighting with corvus against a mutant, tech or avenger and you finish the fight with the striker that you wont get a persistant charge?
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★

is it intended that for example, if you are fighting with corvus against a mutant, tech or avenger and you finish the fight with the striker that you wont get a persistant charge?

Yes.
    Corvus needs to deal the final blow.
    If the Striker deals the final blow, it's not Corvus doing it.
  • Options
    IkthulisIkthulis Posts: 122
    Mephisto doesn’t gain a heal with Wolverine-Striker.

Corvus Glaive does not gain a charge as normal for any of his missions if the opponent is defeated by the striker.
  • Options
    IkthulisIkthulis Posts: 122
    Apparently, no one gains charges if the the last hit on the opponent is the caused by the striker. This is really bad for a lot of champs.
  • Options
    DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    Ok- I already posted day 1 that I didn’t like this feature.

For the first run I did today, I HAD to use the blue button if I wanted to constantly have the unstoppable buff.

When I actually wanted to use it, it wouldn’t always work 😂.

I can get it by accident almost always.