Introducing the next Campaign Progression Level: Paragon!

Comments

• pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    Its just a waiting game lol. Eventually you will get there. You dont NEED to get the title day1.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Reading though the comments I realised that the sadness I am feeling with this Title is for the EOP objectives alone.
    I couldn't care less about money offers, but I want to pursue content like Para Objectives and be rewarded for my effort. I don't require high end rewards handed out to me freely.

Btw I'm expecting few 6* shards thrown at us just like from free doubloons last year... 😁

Right there with you. Long time I missed content based on title
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    I honestly don’t have any problem with the requirements for Paragon. I just finished my 7.4 exploration last night which gave me the gem that’ll be my second r4 champion. I’m going to try to knockout the rest of my Carina’s Challenges, but I think I’ll still be a few frags short of the third r4.

And I’m okay with that. I don’t *need* to be Paragon on day one. Enhanced four-hour/daily crystals, calendars, and all that other stuff will still be there when I get it a little further down the line. I don’t hate having something to work towards in this game again or that this new title is pointed at the very top of the player base , I honestly enjoy it.

Now comes the part that worries me. The idea that right at launch, there’ll be some content or objectives that won’t be available for Thronebreaker and below. I may be misremembering, and please correct me if I am, but I don’t think there was any content until Summer of Pain (maybe Grandmaster’s Gauntlet?) that barred actual content behind a title. Thronebreaker had been out for a long time at that point. People had lots of time to get the title or be on the verge of getting it, and if they were close they had the tools to get it.

I don’t know for sure that this is what will happen, it’s just a concern I have. I hope I’m wrong and it’s just the standard offers and other perks of the title, at least for a little while.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,947 ★★★★★
    DrDrill said:

Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

This 100%. The ones that are doing the most complaining are the ones that won't be Paragon day 1 so because of that, they think it's a garbage decision….

FOMO is all it is…

People have decided that the title is right and proper if they have already got 2 Rank 4s, or are close to getting them. They haven’t realised that the title is for the future of the game, not for today.
    To contribute to the discussion, do you both think it’s fair to base a progression title in a game on a promise of more content, without knowing what the rewards are or with what frequency they will be dropped?

Do you both believe that it is fair to say that a valid route to get to this new progression title would have been to do five different steps, including spending 10,000-12,000 units, without any knowledge of it being linked to a progression title?

What do you define as a campaign progression title? Because I don’t believe the majority of the player base’s idea lines up with what the team has announced.

And lastly, do you both think that new content, such as EOP, should have exclusive objectives and rewards for these new title holders within a month or two after release, especially when considering there’s no feasible method (permanent content) to get you to that benchmark?
    Sorry but it's possible to have 3 R4's at this point without having spent real money. Just because it's not "feasible" in your head, doesn't mean it can't happen.

And yes, its fair to base a title on future content. This title isn't meant for everyone to have on release, its meant to have something to work towards. If you had 3 R4's right now, you wouldn't be of this opinion. You can't base a new title on story content alone because it doesn't hold enough weight in terms of difficulty. It's leagues easier than Act 6 even after the nerf plus they increased paradox charges from 8 to 12 which decreases the difficulty even more.
    I agree with you that it is possible without having spent real money, that was never in question - the developers even laid out how it was possible, which I’m taking at face value. I’m disagreeing that a day 1 Campaign progression title is being based off of deals (and seemingly everything from alliances to temporary content). It’s not feasible to attain now, because there’s no permanent content or deals available now.

If you believe that it’s fair to base a title on future content, that’s alright. People disagree, and I think from your previous posts I see your point. I’m always okay with something I have to work towards; I’m of the opinion there just needs to be something to work towards when announcing it. When Thronebreaker came out, I didn’t qualify day 1 or even month 1. I worked hard to get there by taking on content that was available just to rank 3 a 6* Wasp. And I don’t regret it.

I haven’t been on the forums much for you to know me, but I still would be part of this opinion with even 3 r4 champs. It’s not because it affects me personally, it’s because it’s a complete change in the trend and a different set of requirements. I have no clue what will come after this, but I don’t like this trend and I don’t want it now or in the future.

I agree you cannot base a progression title on story content, but basing it on the metrics the game team has used, specifically temporary content and deals, I disagree with. I agree with the team it should be roster dependent, but it should be doable with the content in the game as it currently stands. That is why many say 2 rank 4’s are fair, because it means it is attainable via permanent content such as both Carina’s + Act 7. If there were variants or other permanent content that offered drops of r4 materials, I would say that 3 r4’s are fair.
    The people saying 2 are the ones who are only doing the content they wanted to get to 2 r4s. They aren't doing everything in game that could net them 3 r4s.

Some of those with 2, couldn't do SoP when it came out or Gauntlet because they weren't ready or weren't the right level. That's not Kabams fault as they specifically said this title is aimed at those who have done everything the encompass in their calculations. They know this severely limits the pool of Paragons and that's fine. We all can still work to this title.

This isnt any different than the people that claim there's a gold shortage in game but won't do arena to sustain their gold reserves.

There are ways to get R4 mats but it boils down to that most don't want to do some of those things like top 45 AQ and p1/masters AW.

People want Kabam to fit their own personal progression and that varies for everyone.

Like I said before, new titles going forward should be ones no one can get day one. Put to rest all this mess for the future.
    stop spreading lies,
    doing everything in game doesn't give you 3 r4
    I did SoP/Guntlet/every single content that gives r4 materials/act7/abyss/carina.
    and I'm half way throw the 3rd one, so the ONLY possible way to get the title day 1 is buying the 1st bundle of act 7 completion, which was optional, and no hints of new title the REQUIRE the bundle, so people could act accordingly (wait until they got the unit before completing the act).
    Just to point out, that even if you bought the offer, that wouldn't still be enough. Unless a F2P player got rank 4 materials on gifting crystals, which is unlikely, or is getting carried in P2W alliances, its not possible to do it.

DrDrill said:

Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

This 100%. The ones that are doing the most complaining are the ones that won't be Paragon day 1 so because of that, they think it's a garbage decision….

FOMO is all it is…

People have decided that the title is right and proper if they have already got 2 Rank 4s, or are close to getting them. They haven’t realised that the title is for the future of the game, not for today.
    To contribute to the discussion, do you both think it’s fair to base a progression title in a game on a promise of more content, without knowing what the rewards are or with what frequency they will be dropped?

Do you both believe that it is fair to say that a valid route to get to this new progression title would have been to do five different steps, including spending 10,000-12,000 units, without any knowledge of it being linked to a progression title?

What do you define as a campaign progression title? Because I don’t believe the majority of the player base’s idea lines up with what the team has announced.

And lastly, do you both think that new content, such as EOP, should have exclusive objectives and rewards for these new title holders within a month or two after release, especially when considering there’s no feasible method (permanent content) to get you to that benchmark?
    Sorry but it's possible to have 3 R4's at this point without having spent real money. Just because it's not "feasible" in your head, doesn't mean it can't happen.

And yes, its fair to base a title on future content. This title isn't meant for everyone to have on release, its meant to have something to work towards. If you had 3 R4's right now, you wouldn't be of this opinion. You can't base a new title on story content alone because it doesn't hold enough weight in terms of difficulty. It's leagues easier than Act 6 even after the nerf plus they increased paradox charges from 8 to 12 which decreases the difficulty even more.
    I agree with you that it is possible without having spent real money, that was never in question - the developers even laid out how it was possible, which I’m taking at face value. I’m disagreeing that a day 1 Campaign progression title is being based off of deals (and seemingly everything from alliances to temporary content). It’s not feasible to attain now, because there’s no permanent content or deals available now.

If you believe that it’s fair to base a title on future content, that’s alright. People disagree, and I think from your previous posts I see your point. I’m always okay with something I have to work towards; I’m of the opinion there just needs to be something to work towards when announcing it. When Thronebreaker came out, I didn’t qualify day 1 or even month 1. I worked hard to get there by taking on content that was available just to rank 3 a 6* Wasp. And I don’t regret it.

I haven’t been on the forums much for you to know me, but I still would be part of this opinion with even 3 r4 champs. It’s not because it affects me personally, it’s because it’s a complete change in the trend and a different set of requirements. I have no clue what will come after this, but I don’t like this trend and I don’t want it now or in the future.

I agree you cannot base a progression title on story content, but basing it on the metrics the game team has used, specifically temporary content and deals, I disagree with. I agree with the team it should be roster dependent, but it should be doable with the content in the game as it currently stands. That is why many say 2 rank 4’s are fair, because it means it is attainable via permanent content such as both Carina’s + Act 7. If there were variants or other permanent content that offered drops of r4 materials, I would say that 3 r4’s are fair.
    The people saying 2 are the ones who are only doing the content they wanted to get to 2 r4s. They aren't doing everything in game that could net them 3 r4s.

Some of those with 2, couldn't do SoP when it came out or Gauntlet because they weren't ready or weren't the right level. That's not Kabams fault as they specifically said this title is aimed at those who have done everything the encompass in their calculations. They know this severely limits the pool of Paragons and that's fine. We all can still work to this title.

This isnt any different than the people that claim there's a gold shortage in game but won't do arena to sustain their gold reserves.

There are ways to get R4 mats but it boils down to that most don't want to do some of those things like top 45 AQ and p1/masters AW.

People want Kabam to fit their own personal progression and that varies for everyone.

Like I said before, new titles going forward should be ones no one can get day one. Put to rest all this mess for the future.
    stop spreading lies,
    I did SoP/Guntlet/every single content that gives r4 materials/act7/abyss/carina.
    and I'm half way throw the 3rd one, so the ONLY possible way to get the title day 1 is buying the 1st bundle of act 7 completion, which was optional, and no hints of new title the REQUIRE the bundle, so people could act accordingly (wait until they got the unit before completing the act).

so before saying same thing over and over again replying to every single one with valid argument, learn how to do math and double check before saying BS.

P.S. I'll not reply, just to stat facts rather than stat crab just to be kabam white knight.
    I don't care that much to waste tons of hours waiting to respond to every single counter argument to my opinion, since either ways, I don't give that crab about 10% more chance for l3 potion and 0.05% for t6 basic fragment from daily crystals.
    Well he is technically correct. If you did all the content and got every act7 deal, cyber/july4 deal you would have 3 r4s.
    That isn't the case
  • QacobQacob Member Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Qacob said:

TyEdge said:

. What r4 mats can I get right now? Whatever Carina stuff I haven’t done, and some scraps in act 7. If I got every bit of available r4 materials right now, I might barely have enough for two, but nowhere near a third.

In short, the problem is that they’ve announced a title with no way to get it besides waiting for content or spending.

Unless you have actually done EVERYTHING, then you get no sympathy from me. The title is made for people who are the very best and have done everything to prove it.

That's not true. Even if you have everything done, and bought all offers, the title still isn't for you. Because you would still not be able to get it
    I didn't say you'd get the title lol. I said you'd get my sympathy. But even then there's no big deal with having to wait for a bit while the whales reap their early rewards for, well, whaling.
  • PussaleyPussaley Member Posts: 54

Pussaley said:

thepiggy said:

Everyone critical of the requirements should be willing to post their roster, AW/AQ rankings, and all endgame content progress (Story, Abyss, Carinas).

Most won't:

Haven't played long enough
    Skip content
    Don't 100% content
    Think Abyss and Carina's are 'cash grabby'
    Don't do Alliance Wars
    Don't do Map 8

I play about 6 years.
    Did SoP and Gauntlet
    Act 7, LoL and AoF 100%
    1 path left of Carina’s vol2. (which will be done next weak)
    Pl1-master alliance.
    Doing map8 since it came out

But me still need 0,5 T3A for third R4. If I didn’t buy Act 7 10k offer then it would be 1,5 T6B and 2 T3A to get the third R4 champ.

What else can you say ?

I can say - what we can talk about players who’s playing less than some players like me when even I can not do the third rank up? And yeah, I don’t buy deals. So the problem, once again, is F2P vs. P2W :)
    Then you missed a unit deal somewhere.
    Unit deal don’t gotta be the condition for the title. Or what next? Pay Kabam 1000$ and get another title?

• DrDrillDrDrill Member Posts: 163 ★★★

DrDrill said:

Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

FOMO is all it is…

stop spreading lies,

so before saying same thing over and over again replying to every single one with valid argument, learn how to do math and double check before saying BS.

P.S. I'll not reply, just to stat facts rather than stat crab just to be kabam white knight.
    I don't care that much to waste tons of hours waiting to respond to every single counter argument to my opinion, since either ways, I don't give that crab about 10% more chance for l3 potion and 0.05% for t6 basic fragment from daily crystals.
    Well he is technically correct. If you did all the content and got every act7 deal, cyber/july4 deal you would have 3 r4s.
    no where did he mention (july 4/act7 deal/cyber deals) so he is wrong
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★

Its just a waiting game lol. Eventually you will get there. You dont NEED to get the title day1.

In a competitive game, they have denied players information that has long term competitive consequences.

Every player who fails to reach paragon by July 4 will fall even further behind due to unit offers and cash offers being markedly different. Just like SOP had points 10-27 locked behind the TB title, they’ve already said EOP will have special objectives and rewards.

They’ve created an emergency for players who want to “keep up” by allowing them to miss the 7.4 offer then creating significance for it immediately after the fact.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,807 ★★★★★
    DrDrill said:

Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

FOMO is all it is…

stop spreading lies,

Again, you aren't factoring AQ and AW 🤷
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,147 ★★★★
    @Qwerty12345 love that example

It's like people stating that not only have they never paid taxes, but that they are proud about never having paid taxes and that not only that, but they feel they should have exactly the same access as someone who pays tax regularly or as those that pay huge tax bills. In our, mainly, western democracies, not paying taxes does mean you have the same access to police, fire, judicial and local government services as those who do pay taxes.

However crowing about how awesome you are for not paying taxes, how those that do pay taxes are in someway impure and not as legitimate at you, is a bizarre take.

Because that is what this comes down to. Those that don't pay at all, or pay very little, wanting exactly the same access as those that pay for the entire game. It's farcical.
    Pussaley said:

Pussaley said:

thepiggy said:

Everyone critical of the requirements should be willing to post their roster, AW/AQ rankings, and all endgame content progress (Story, Abyss, Carinas).

Most won't:

Haven't played long enough
    Skip content
    Don't 100% content
    Think Abyss and Carina's are 'cash grabby'
    Don't do Alliance Wars
    Don't do Map 8

I play about 6 years.
    Did SoP and Gauntlet
    Act 7, LoL and AoF 100%
    1 path left of Carina’s vol2. (which will be done next weak)
    Pl1-master alliance.
    Doing map8 since it came out

But me still need 0,5 T3A for third R4. If I didn’t buy Act 7 10k offer then it would be 1,5 T6B and 2 T3A to get the third R4 champ.

What else can you say ?

I can say - what we can talk about players who’s playing less than some players like me when even I can not do the third rank up? And yeah, I don’t buy deals. So the problem, once again, is F2P vs. P2W :)
    Then you missed a unit deal somewhere.
    Unit deal don’t gotta be the condition for the title. Or what next? Pay Kabam 1000$ and get another title?

Unit deals are factored in like with 4th of July.
    DrDrill said:

DrDrill said:

Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

FOMO is all it is…

stop spreading lies,

no where did he mention (july 4/act7 deal/cyber deals) so he is wrong
    I did but whatever.
    TyEdge said:

In a competitive game, they have denied players information that has long term competitive consequences.

Every player who fails to reach paragon by July 4 will fall even further behind due to unit offers and cash offers being markedly different. Just like SOP had points 10-27 locked behind the TB title, they’ve already said EOP will have special objectives and rewards.

They’ve created an emergency for players who want to “keep up” by allowing them to miss the 7.4 offer then creating significance for it immediately after the fact.
    July 4th is a while away yet. If, by the time of July 4th, Paragon is still impossible to have as a F2P, then I will agree with you, that seems unfair. However with EOP likely coming before that date, I don't think it's going to come to that.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

TyEdge said:

July 4th is a while away yet. If, by the time of July 4th, Paragon is still impossible to have as a F2P, then I will agree with you, that seems unfair. However with EOP likely coming before that date, I don't think it's going to come to that.
    I tend to agree with you here, I just hope that EOP doesn’t have objectives gated behind Paragon that a Thronebreaker won’t be able to revisit once they reach Paragon.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Qacob said:

TyEdge said:

You have absolutely nothing to base that on. Last year’s Summer of Pain started June 16 and there were no rewards given until mid-August. The finale came after that.

Remember - they were peak milestone rewards, not progressive rewards as points were accumulated.
  • ZeraphanZeraphan Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    If I had to guess, if you max whale on 4th of July as TB it would get you 1 full r4, thus encouraging TB players to max whale and they would then most likely become Paragon and want to whale more on the new Paragon offers.

Mackey said:

Bottom line is no matter how they set the bar, someone is going to be offended. This isn't something that a great number of people are meant to have the day it comes out. It was the same for Thronebreaker.

Clearly you are missing the point here... it shouldn't be available to everyone, I agree there BUT when they introduced thronebreaker title they had TWO pieces of content that gave the rewards to make 1x r3 6*, meaning people was able to obtain TB on day 1 with some hard work.

That is not the same case as this new title.
    If it was set at 2 rank 4s people who had 100%ed act 7 but only have 1 rank 4 would complain about not having done gauntlet, SoP etc. People on the wrong side of it will always complain, it’s just human nature
    So how come KT1 and myself are complaining and we'll qualify for Paragon? Maybe people just actually have a difference of opinion and it has nothing to do with our personal accounts.
    Lol you are lumping yourself with someone with different reasons completely. You just dont wanna lose your aq spot, your interest is nothing more than that.
    TyEdge said:

Qacob said:

TyEdge said:

You have absolutely nothing to base that on. Last year’s Summer of Pain started June 16 and there were no rewards given until mid-August. The finale came after that.

Remember - they were peak milestone rewards, not progressive rewards as points were accumulated.
    And you have absolutely nothing to base the idea that EOP will have the same reward system as SOP on. Wait until we know the facts before you start complaining about them.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

Bottom line is no matter how they set the bar, someone is going to be offended. This isn't something that a great number of people are meant to have the day it comes out. It was the same for Thronebreaker.

Clearly you are missing the point here... it shouldn't be available to everyone, I agree there BUT when they introduced thronebreaker title they had TWO pieces of content that gave the rewards to make 1x r3 6*, meaning people was able to obtain TB on day 1 with some hard work.

If it was set at 2 rank 4s people who had 100%ed act 7 but only have 1 rank 4 would complain about not having done gauntlet, SoP etc. People on the wrong side of it will always complain, it’s just human nature
    So how come KT1 and myself are complaining and we'll qualify for Paragon? Maybe people just actually have a difference of opinion and it has nothing to do with our personal accounts.
    Lol you are lumping yourself with someone with different reasons completely. You just dont wanna lose your aq spot, your interest is nothing more than that.
    Give him another 30min and I'm sure he'll remind everyone where his alliance places in AQ.

Mackey said:

Give him another 30min and I'm sure he'll remind everyone where his alliance places in AQ.
    Yes, we're top 20 lol. My complaint has nothing to do with my alliance spot. We're going to be top 20 regardless of the changes because we're a top alliance. That's how it works.

To base it on content that isn't permanent doesn't make sense that why 2 r4's should be the limit. It's not rocket science and I don't care if a player is FTP or not.

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

To base it on content that isn't permanent doesn't make sense that why 2 r4's should be the limit. It's not rocket science and I don't care if a player is FTP or not.

If that was the case, there'd be no reason to ever do temporary content.

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Yes, we're top 20 lol. My complaint has nothing to do with my alliance spot. We're going to be top 20 regardless of the changes because we're a top alliance. That's how it works.

Your interest isnt based on what it is now, but the dealsthe players will miss causing you to fall out of it.
  • JadedJaded Member Posts: 5,477 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

If that was the case, there'd be no reason to ever do temporary content.
    What? Usually the rewards from temporary content is enough to do the content.
    7714dtl said:

So here's my breakdown of what's been possible in-game through events. I've excluded any cash offers and high tier alliance play. Anybody willing to fact check me here?

Personally a bit miffed that this announcement comes so late after the Act 7.4 drop. I'm one, of certainly many, that played through already and passed on the unit offer at the end.

You can't exclude high tier alliance play if you're looking to equate this to the title requirements.
    So the title is only for high tier alliance play and whales. That is absolute garbage to me and most people.

2 R4s would have been far more reasonable
    Wooooooosh
    edited April 2022

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

It's not based on temp content, it's based on what was available in that temp content to show that it's possible to have 3 r4s without spending on cash offers.