**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Where is the compensation?

Comments

• Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★

I try not to get into compensation conversations (that rhymed) but this is getting ridiculous. The game is so broken and we are still waiting on this being given 0 communication as to when it will come or why it hasn't already. Even just giving a date will help the problem in a sense.

"Before July" was most recent update.
  • Options
    ProtogenoiProtogenoi Posts: 43
    Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

As I imagine, the compensation will be progression based most likely.
    But my question is, will it cap out at Paragon or Thronebreaker when it comes to the highest point of the compensation?

I can’t see why it wouldn’t cap out at Paragon. Some players have had 3 r4s for half a year now.
    It shouldn't though. It should cap at thronebreaker since paragon came out around the time they said the issues were "fixed"
    The whole point of having progression tiers is to differentiate rewards, sales, gifts, etc so they are equally relevant, or as close, to as possible.

ie. Giving 10k shards to a proven player would be ridiculously amazing, whereas it would be great for uncollected, and very meh to a cav player. The value of 10k shards are valued differently, so giving 10k to each group is actually not fair, as they are giving better compensation to proven than cav.

What "wows" current thronebreakers aren't going to "wow" current Paragon players.

Giving the same comp to both groups means that paragon players are actually getting less.
    I would have been thronebreaker a long time ago if not for these bugs. But because of them I struggle to make any progress in Chapter 6.

I don’t think thronebreakers should get more than cav when the bugs we are being compensated for is what prevented me from achieving that rank.
    Lol.
    Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

But my question is, will it cap out at Paragon or Thronebreaker when it comes to the highest point of the compensation?

I can’t see why it wouldn’t cap out at Paragon. Some players have had 3 r4s for half a year now.
    It shouldn't though. It should cap at thronebreaker since paragon came out around the time they said the issues were "fixed"
    The whole point of having progression tiers is to differentiate rewards, sales, gifts, etc so they are equally relevant, or as close, to as possible.

ie. Giving 10k shards to a proven player would be ridiculously amazing, whereas it would be great for uncollected, and very meh to a cav player. The value of 10k shards are valued differently, so giving 10k to each group is actually not fair, as they are giving better compensation to proven than cav.

What "wows" current thronebreakers aren't going to "wow" current Paragon players.

Giving the same comp to both groups means that paragon players are actually getting less.
    I would have been thronebreaker a long time ago if not for these bugs. But because of them I struggle to make any progress in Chapter 6.

I don’t think thronebreakers should get more than cav when the bugs we are being compensated for is what prevented me from achieving that rank.
    Why wouldn't Thronebreakers get more than Cav? Your point could literally be made for every title; why should you get more than Uncollected? Heck with that logic, I think Cav and below should get the same compensation as Proven players.
    Because it’s an arbitrary line.

The compensation is supposed to make up for your troubles over the last year + of the issues. It’s supposed to bring you up to speed for time lost and make amends.

People on Android had far fewer issues than those on iOS.

Why compensate thronebreakers on Android who had no problems more than a cav player on iOS whose game was almost unplayable?
    Android players had issues too, and for more than "2 weeks" like you claimed elsewhere. There is a simple solution though, get TB and then you'll get the comp you want
  • Options
    Bwer777Bwer777 Posts: 38

Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

Lol.
    Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

Why wouldn't Thronebreakers get more than Cav? Your point could literally be made for every title; why should you get more than Uncollected? Heck with that logic, I think Cav and below should get the same compensation as Proven players.
    No, this is terrible logic? You can’t bundle cav, uncollected, and proven all in the same. That’s unfair to the progression anyone has made in order to get better rewards. That just focuses on higher summoners and I would discourage others from progressing. Each level should have progressively better rewards
  • Options
    JestuhJestuh Posts: 273 ★★★

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

Lol.
    Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

The compensation is supposed to make up for your troubles over the last year + of the issues. It’s supposed to bring you up to speed for time lost and make amends.

Why compensate thronebreakers on Android who had no problems more than a cav player on iOS whose game was almost unplayable?
    Android players had issues too, and for more than "2 weeks" like you claimed elsewhere. There is a simple solution though, get TB and then you'll get the comp you want
    The number and severity of issues Android players had pales in comparison to what iOS users had.

All I’m saying is what title you’ve unlocked shouldnt be the sole measure of what compensation you get.

It’s more complicated and more nuanced than that. I hope the actual compensation reflects that.
  • Options
    Bwer777Bwer777 Posts: 38

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

Lol.
    Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

That’s such a bad point though lol like for people who just reached a new title they aren’t going to be able to get the new title in time of the comp. Part of the reason for me to push to cav in the past month was that compensations have always varied depending the tier
  • Options
    Bwer777 said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

Lol.
    Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

That’s such a bad point though lol like for people who just reached a new title they aren’t going to be able to get the new title in time of the comp. Part of the reason for me to push to cav in the past month was that compensations have always varied depending the tier
    I don't think you even understand the point I'm trying to make, but congrats on hitting Cav btw
  • Options
    Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

Lol.
    Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

The number and severity of issues Android players had pales in comparison to what iOS users had.

All I’m saying is what title you’ve unlocked shouldnt be the sole measure of what compensation you get.

It’s more complicated and more nuanced than that. I hope the actual compensation reflects that.
    I agree people that were more affected by the issues should get bonus stuff, but why take away from people who persevered through the input issues? TB is a big milestone and they deserve more than a Cav player.
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    So what about the goldpool gold quest comp??
  • Options

So what about the goldpool gold quest comp??

We don't have a definitive answer yet unfortunately, but they did let us know that they're still figuring it out for what it's worth
  • Options
    IRONHIDE_1IRONHIDE_1 Posts: 34
    People shouldn't be asking for the final compensation, don't y'all understand that when they push it out that means they are going to say the game is fixed and not respond when we all say it's still broken.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    I hope this compensation will be worth the 1 year of issues ...you just can't give us 1 6* nexus and expect all to be happy with it.
  • Options

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

Lol.
    Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

I agree people that were more affected by the issues should get bonus stuff, but why take away from people who persevered through the input issues? TB is a big milestone and they deserve more than a Cav player.
    How does achieving a goal make any kind of compensation more meaningful or more important than those that couldn’t achieve that goal because of the very bugs that are being compensated for?

Why not focus on account size, pi, and prestige for comp instead of if someone achieved some arbitrary distinction.

People have this habit of saying that if you’re cav or uc or tb or paragon that you’ve accomplished something spectacular. But you can just throw units and high ranked champs at it and get the same result.

Don’t conflate a title for skill or accomplishment, nor vice versa. They’re related but they’re not the same.

This is especially true when the game for many of us is unplayable.

But this is all academic anyways. Kabam is gonna do whatever they want regarding comp and there’s nothing we can say that will really matter at all.
  • Options
    Bwer777 said:

Bwer777 said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

Lol.
    Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

I don't think you even understand the point I'm trying to make, but congrats on hitting Cav btw
    Omg Lolol I totally missed what you were saying my bad. Sorry I got so defensive like an internet troll or som. Thanks for the congrats lol
    It's all good, I figured it was a misunderstanding since you were essentially agreeing with me haha. No harm done, hoping we all get blessed by comp
  • Options

This is the second time in the last few days I've heard someone say IOS was more affected than android, and it's very surprising. Was this officially stated to be the case? I'm on Android and experience all the issues quite frequently.

iOS and Android users both had varied experiences, but from the beginning iOS seemed to gave more or worse issues dealing with input than android, until that one "fix" was released that made Android devices more similar and in some cases worse
    That fix was quickly patched tho I think. That was the two weeks I’ve been referring to where the Android players on the forums and my alliance mates were up in arms and ready to mutiny.

But to answer Lotus’s question, yes generally speaking the input issues hit iOS users more significantly. That doesn’t mean everyone on iOS had a problem and it doesn’t mean no one on android had a problem. Just that overall iOS users had it worse more often by a fair amount.
  • Options
    Bwer777 said:

Bwer777 said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

Lol.
    Jestuh said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

Omg Lolol I totally missed what you were saying my bad. Sorry I got so defensive like an internet troll or som. Thanks for the congrats lol
    No worries :smile:
  • Options
    Jestuh said:

This is the second time in the last few days I've heard someone say IOS was more affected than android, and it's very surprising. Was this officially stated to be the case? I'm on Android and experience all the issues quite frequently.

iOS and Android users both had varied experiences, but from the beginning iOS seemed to gave more or worse issues dealing with input than android, until that one "fix" was released that made Android devices more similar and in some cases worse
    That fix was quickly patched tho I think. That was the two weeks I’ve been referring to where the Android players on the forums and my alliance mates were up in arms and ready to mutiny.

But to answer Lotus’s question, yes generally speaking the input issues hit iOS users more significantly. That doesn’t mean everyone on iOS had a problem and it doesn’t mean no one on android had a problem. Just that overall iOS users had it worse more often by a fair amount.
    It was patched but the issues weren't removed fully. I didn't have any input issues until that patch came out and even after the patch to fix it and being in the beta I still see input issues. Not as bad but they are there