Where is the compensation?

Comments

• GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    Jestuh said:

This is the second time in the last few days I've heard someone say IOS was more affected than android, and it's very surprising. Was this officially stated to be the case? I'm on Android and experience all the issues quite frequently.

iOS and Android users both had varied experiences, but from the beginning iOS seemed to gave more or worse issues dealing with input than android, until that one "fix" was released that made Android devices more similar and in some cases worse
    That fix was quickly patched tho I think. That was the two weeks I’ve been referring to where the Android players on the forums and my alliance mates were up in arms and ready to mutiny.

But to answer Lotus’s question, yes generally speaking the input issues hit iOS users more significantly. That doesn’t mean everyone on iOS had a problem and it doesn’t mean no one on android had a problem. Just that overall iOS users had it worse more often by a fair amount.
    It was patched but the issues weren't removed fully. I didn't have any input issues until that patch came out and even after the patch to fix it and being in the beta I still see input issues. Not as bad but they are there
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Here you go!! There’s the compensation.

That was separate from the larger one.
    It was a joke in case you didn’t get it.
    Yes, I got it. Clarifying for other people reading.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

There’s a new Summoners Sanctum survey regarding the new input system as compared to the old one.

I’m curious…why didn’t this go out prior to the end of regular relief packages?

Dr. Zola

They likely needed more testing and data.
    Perhaps. But wasn’t that a reason for the Beta?

Dr. Zola
    It was an opt-in Beta. Which limited it to the people who selected it. Then it went live for everyone, and you had to opt out.
    But even if they weren’t sure what the results of the beta would be, why would they end the weekly relief?
    I’ve got to think the Beta looked promising. But…I’d also like to think they would have wanted to follow the full release closely to determine if the limited opt-in Beta provided representative results and data.

Dr. Zola
    The most logical reason is that the new input system did look promising, but there was also a feeling that the huge potion compensation packages were skewing the gameplay data by offering players safety blankets that were causing them to tackle content much harder than they otherwise would, which would cause them to fail at a higher rate made irrelevant by the free potions. So they discontinued the compensation packages to give time to see how the players would perform after they completely flushed out of the system (which would take weeks).

Once it became clear that the new input system still had a lot of work to do, they were hesitant to reinstate the compensation packages because they felt it would make it more difficult to wean players off of them. After all, if players expect compensation packages to be handed out whenever players complain about input or control problems and are free to assume it is a game problem, since such complaints have been constant since before update 12 and have never gone away, but they aren't all traceable to actual game bugs, it would be impossible for Kabam to ever prove the input control problems were definitively solved.

I'm not saying I fully endorse this line of thinking, but it is the most likely cause for the cessation of the compensation packages while there were still issues to resolve in the new input system.
    I never thought of that aspect. It's definitely possible the Comp was skewing the data.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Member Posts: 1,316 ★★★★★
    That energy correction compensation has me a little worried. It was certainly nice but those items went directly to my stash. I really hope this "big compensation" doesn't include a bunch of items that are going to go straight to overflow and more than likely just expire.

I hope they are planning for this kind of situation (i.e. introduce new crystals which players can open when they actually need those items AND/OR increasing our item capacity limits).
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Member Posts: 1,316 ★★★★★

That energy correction compensation has me a little worried. It was certainly nice but those items went directly to my stash. I really hope this "big compensation" doesn't include a bunch of items that are going to go straight to overflow and more than likely just expire.

I hope they are planning for this kind of situation (i.e. introduce new crystals which players can open when they actually need those items AND/OR increasing our item capacity limits).

You could always just not claim it yet...

Also, if everything went straight to your stash, you obviously weren't all that adversely affected by the bug so it's not much of a loss if you lose the items regardless. Pretty much how I'm looking at it for myself 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Sure, but I'm thinking about the future and hoping Kabam is as well. This energy correction was compensation for a handful of days? The bigger compensation package is for a year+ issue if I'm not mistaken. I think it's safe to assume the upcoming compensation package will include a greater quantity of items. Just think this would be another great QoL change they could implement. I'm always for improving the game and player experience.
  • MrFullStopMrFullStop Member Posts: 150 ★★

Also, if everything went straight to your stash, you obviously weren't all that adversely affected by the bug so it's not much of a loss if you lose the items regardless. Pretty much how I'm looking at it for myself 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Sure, but I'm thinking about the future and hoping Kabam is as well. This energy correction was compensation for a handful of days? The bigger compensation package is for a year+ issue if I'm not mistaken. I think it's safe to assume the upcoming compensation package will include a greater quantity of items. Just think this would be another great QoL change they could implement. I'm always for improving the game and player experience.
    no, they didn't provide compensation until the issue is fixed (which is still not fixed) in order to lower the amount of compensation given.
    if they had given a compensation every month x12 times, you will get much better compensation overall than the one we are about to receive, ( in the name of 'game economy' 'balance' 'inventory cap' )
    +
    it's best to keep expectation low :wink:
  • Ravens20Ravens20 Member Posts: 77
    I honestly would rather a working game than compensation at this point, the game which i use to love to play is becoming unplayable, been playing since 2017 and I'm 100% sure i didn't forget how to play the game overnight and these drop inputs and lags are unbelievable and I'm playing on a brand new iphone 13max.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,340 ★★★★★

Maybe we will get a compensation store (with compensation tokens) that expires in 3 months...

• Standardman1989Standardman1989 Member Posts: 544 ★★★
    I know it's long but stop asking they won't arrive any faster. The more we ask the less will happen 😁 It drives me crazy too but I'm waiting
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

What would be a nice solution would be to send out the large apology package in a couple of separate messages (assuming there is more than just pots, which there should be): one for consumables, another one for things like AQ crystals, perhaps another if shards or something else is part of it.

There are things I really can’t use right now. There are other things I’d love to have now.

Dr. Zola
    The suggestion that I've liked the most is to send out one total package, but all of the expendables in it are special/unique items like the event specific revives that have been released in the past. Kabam could then set the limit of those items to the number given, so they can essentially be opened and stashed until needed. Might be more work on their part, but I don't think it would break the game and seems like the best way to combat all the "I have 5 million revives, why would I want more that go straight to the stash? Who even needs compensation anyways? Noobs." arguments that I have seen while still accurately expressing the sentiment of compensation.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Member Posts: 856 ★★★★
    The only thing more fun than the constant “where’s the compensation” threads are going to be the constant “it’s not enough compensation” threads that are sure to come. Honestly I feel like the package is taking so long to put together because kabam can’t figure out what’s the bare minimum they need to give out to appease them slight majority of players.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    DrZola said:

And you’d have to remind me, but the questing potions didn’t seem nearly as copious or as frequent as the AW/AQ relief. I recall that being a frequent lament on the forums.

The rationale there, I believe, is that problems in the game hit alliance modes harder than solo modes, because players have more individual discretion to avoid problems in solo modes than in alliance modes, and of course solo modes can trade energy for health (you can restart a bad run in solo, but not in alliance).

It is important to note that the rationale for these decisions is not as simple as someone somewhere thought this exact thought. Rather, there generally are many different voices internally advocating for more, or less, or different. What we see is a convergent consensus of those voices. So these decision can seem inconsistent at times because of how they are reached.

This is 100% made up, but it represents the kinds of things I have seen first hand. When the problems surfaced, you can imagine a dev saying "this is bad, we need to offer potions to compensate for the input problems" and then someone else saying "but the problems aren't affecting everyone, and we can't give potions to only the people with problems: flooding the game would be bad for the game economy, and it would also have the potential to make people dependent on them." And in the back and forth someone decides to play this card: "but the bottom line is that if some people are having problems and some people aren't, in AQ and AW the people with problems will be hit extra hard, and it will be difficult for an entire alliance to step down when many or most of them aren't seeing the problem." So that wins over the crowd, but then the more conservative devs pivot on that and say "okay, I'll go along with that, but that argument doesn't work for solo content, so if we hand out lots of alliance potions for that reason, we shouldn't do so for solo content because individual players can, in fact, react independently." And the devs advocating for potions don't want to re-litigate the entire thing, and compromise on that point.

The devs who want compensation potions added to the game get some of that advocacy recognized, and to get it done they compromise with those that feel doing too much of it will have long term harmful effects on the game as a whole. The dividing line becomes solo content verses alliance content. Whether that is the most logical way to do it, it is the most logical way to do it in the moment.

I'm not saying this conversation ever happened. I'm saying conversations like this happen all the time, and the results we see are the messy consequences of consensus building over benevolent dictatorships enforcing a singular vision. I'm guessing something *like* this probably happened.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,294 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Here you go!! There’s the compensation.

Finally🙂🙂🙂
  • MrFullStopMrFullStop Member Posts: 150 ★★

no, they didn't provide compensation until the issue is fixed (which is still not fixed) in order to lower the amount of compensation given.
    if they had given a compensation every month x12 times, you will get much better compensation overall than the one we are about to receive, ( in the name of 'game economy' 'balance' 'inventory cap' )
    +
    it's best to keep expectation low :wink:
    I was right :smiley: