**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Battlegrounds Rewards Revealed! Solo/Alliance Events, Victory Track, Gladiator’s Circuit and More!

Comments

• YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Pemula said:

btw just re-read it.

it's not about spam energy apparently.

to enter solo event and alliance event rewards. we need elders mark. elders mark is from the store can be purchased by token and unit(unlimited)

And how do you get the tokens?

*By spamming energy*. For f2p, it's the only way to get them.
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    sleimon said:

Arena 2.0 lol

Dragonfei said:

Scottryan said:

Dragonfei said:

Scottryan said:

Shame this information had to be released on the Friday before it starts. It almost ensures that there is zero time to get feedback and be able to tune how these rewards are implemented. Sort of deflates so much of the excitement I was feeling earlier about this. There seems to be less competitive nature now which seemed to central to what this mode was designed for

We're always collecting feedback, but with this being the first season, unless something is egregious, it's unlikely to change anything until the next season starts. Keep the feedback coming, but just know that we want to try this out for at least one season.
    Quick fyi, the scoring system for the solo event is egregious

Remove the solo event, put those rewards into rank rewards (for the competitive game mode btw) and TADA, its a good game mode. You're welcome
    Unfortunately, doing something like that ends up de-incentivizing people who know they can never reach the top and beat some of the best players in the game, so they're just not going to bother. You have to keep enough people playing the game mode to ensure matches are happening. The best way to do that is to incentivize participation.

Ultimately - there's always going to be an aspect of this game for whales to excel, because that's how the lights stay on around here. I get that people don't love it, and that's understandable, but that's the reality of the game we play. Complaining about whales being able to win events like complaining whales get to open more crystals than the rest of us. That's what keeps the game going.
    the objectives did exactly that. now they've scrapped it in favor of this garbage. they clearly arent doing it to incentivise playing, theyre doing it to make people spend money
    People hated the prior objectives and ignored them most of the time, despite the lucrative rewards you could pick up, and I would know. I grabbed all of them across all of the betas. They weren't proper incentive to play the game mode, and now everyone has better incentive.
    I mean at the very least, progressing in the prior objectives wasn't locked behind a ridiculous paywall
    The amount of units I had to spend on energy refills to hit all of them says distinctly otherwise, lol.
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    YoMoves said:

Dragonfei said:

Beewee said:

Dragonfei said:

Scottryan said:

Dragonfei said:

Scottryan said:

Shame this information had to be released on the Friday before it starts. It almost ensures that there is zero time to get feedback and be able to tune how these rewards are implemented. Sort of deflates so much of the excitement I was feeling earlier about this. There seems to be less competitive nature now which seemed to central to what this mode was designed for

We're always collecting feedback, but with this being the first season, unless something is egregious, it's unlikely to change anything until the next season starts. Keep the feedback coming, but just know that we want to try this out for at least one season.
    Quick fyi, the scoring system for the solo event is egregious

Remove the solo event, put those rewards into rank rewards (for the competitive game mode btw) and TADA, its a good game mode. You're welcome
    Unfortunately, doing something like that ends up de-incentivizing people who know they can never reach the top and beat some of the best players in the game, so they're just not going to bother. You have to keep enough people playing the game mode to ensure matches are happening. The best way to do that is to incentivize participation.

Ultimately - there's always going to be an aspect of this game for whales to excel, because that's how the lights stay on around here. I get that people don't love it, and that's understandable, but that's the reality of the game we play. Complaining about whales being able to win events like complaining whales get to open more crystals than the rest of us. That's what keeps the game going.
    the objectives did exactly that. now they've scrapped it in favor of this garbage. they clearly arent doing it to incentivise playing, theyre doing it to make people spend money
    People hated the prior objectives and ignored them most of the time, despite the lucrative rewards you could pick up, and I would know. I grabbed all of them across all of the betas. They weren't proper incentive to play the game mode, and now everyone has better incentive.
    Sounds like they will still have the objectives regardless. This is just clutter. Even lower end players wont like this
    I guess we'll have to wait and see then, won't we? There's still plenty of rewards I'll be going for, even if I can't pick up a 6* awakening gem. That single reward isn't the end-all, be-all. There's plenty of other rewards to be had and I'm happy to focus on those, and I'm sure other people are too.

Just because the high tier rewards go to whales (like usual in a game like this) doesn't mean the game mode is bad or broken.
    It's not even about whales, it's about *bots*. There's no reward for skill here. BGs should have always been about rewarding skill, not just who can throw away thousands of dollars. The energy cost just to get the tokens you need to *actually* play the game is ridiculous, and then you put the rewards behind a paywall that you don't even need to be good at to get?

You talk about complaining about whales opening crystals, but this is a completely different set of resources: Sig stones and rankup materials. Yes, there are offers for those too, but never on this scale.

And even in arena, whales need to have *some* skill to be able to win fights. Here? Nope. Just pick your champs and immediately forfeit fights. You get points anyways!

The extreme focus on P2W, promotion of botting/forfeiting matches, and unnecessary complication of the paywall currency makes all of this quite bad and far different than normal whaling of the past.
    i think that definitely has the possibility to be a problem - but I think we're assuming it'll be a problem before it IS. The other thing is - if you play other competitive games, this kind of stuff isn't new, and unfortunately no game is above people who will try to make the system work for them any way that they can.

At the end of the day - Kabam has to incentivize as many players to play, as often as they can, because otherwise matchmaking issues happen, and when those happen, it's death of a game mode. I do think there are risks and potential issues with things like bots - but to the extent they are a problem, we'll have to see.
  • sleimonsleimon Posts: 34
    Beewee said:

For a competitive based game mode it seems to lack the competitiveness required.

just like this season of alliance war lol
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    How many points does an alliance need to qualify for rank rewards?
  • ValmezValmez Posts: 73
    edited September 2022
    I sincerely hope we have either misunderstood the reward system here and there is a strong incentive to do the best you can, becuase you know, it feels like a competitive game mode.

If an alliance can have all 30 members spam BG matches, quit out, get the L, burn up elders marks (which are unlimited with units) and place super high for very nice alliance rewards that doesn't feel right.

Hope I'm wrong, the core of the game mode is great. Nodes are difficult (relative to the beta) which is great in discouraging nuke down matches where seconds matter.

Friendlies are great for obvious reasons too, gives the game heaps of longevity there too.

Just really hope the reward system is more geared towards doing well (ideally in a solo manner) and that when it's released we have misinterpreted something.
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Does we have to climb through victory track to reach gladiator circuit every season?
  • ChimpsChimps Posts: 114
    Will the seasonal Gladiators Circuit be awarded within regions - or globally??
  • YASSUYASSU Posts: 16
    Again Poor rewards for the Thronebreakers.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Honestly just sounds terrifying.

Rewards aside. How much time you expect us to play this mode on a single day, across multiple days in a row for an entire month? Player's don't have time for yet another one of these, unless you want us to be spending on every game mode to get it done quickly (which you do) and be able to get it immediately without actually having to play the game, working, farming for it for hours and hours. I was hoping this was more of a chill mode like incursions where rewards would just refresh every once in a while and were not rank dependant. Not this trash with rank focus rewards.

And were's the cap at the number of matches per day? Where's the cap of poins gained per a limited timeframe? Funny that you even say we can buy an "unlimited amount of entries for Units". What were the betas for? What was all the feedback for? Who even asked for this?

As someone else said, this is just arena all over again. Just another P2W money grabbing game mode.
    This better just be another beta in disguise, cause this is just riddiculous

I mean, let’s say that they cut every milestone in half. So there’s only half as much content. That might be a good amount for you, so you go that far. But what about someone who wants to play more? What about someone who loves the mode?

That could easily be solved with a similar system to incursions. Play as much as you want, but the rewards (at least the decent ones) are capped per week/month.

This current system is unrealistic to someone who plays the game as a whole. You either dedicate your life to this single game mode and get the mid brackets of it, or spend on it to get the top rewards, as well as spending on everything else to accomodate the time missed on the other game modes.

This is like arena heavy grind, but for an entire month and always constantly spending units.
    So would you think it was bad for incursions to make the top zone bonuses reset every 2 weeks instead of every month?
  • Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★
    Kabam kt1 and contest champion have both given horrible opinions with the new Bg system, along with the opinions on the forum already. My question of is it physically possible for you to flip the rewards with points for winning and points for participating? And what are the chances you take effect on this before the season begins
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

Rewards aside. How much time you expect us to play this mode on a single day, across multiple days in a row for an entire month? Player's don't have time for yet another one of these, unless you want us to be spending on every game mode to get it done quickly (which you do) and be able to get it immediately without actually having to play the game, working, farming for it for hours and hours. I was hoping this was more of a chill mode like incursions where rewards would just refresh every once in a while and were not rank dependant. Not this trash with rank focus rewards.

And were's the cap at the number of matches per day? Where's the cap of poins gained per a limited timeframe? Funny that you even say we can buy an "unlimited amount of entries for Units". What were the betas for? What was all the feedback for? Who even asked for this?

As someone else said, this is just arena all over again. Just another P2W money grabbing game mode.

I mean, let’s say that they cut every milestone in half. So there’s only half as much content. That might be a good amount for you, so you go that far. But what about someone who wants to play more? What about someone who loves the mode?

That could easily be solved with a similar system to incursions. Play as much as you want, but the rewards (at least the decent ones) are capped per week/month.

This current system is unrealistic to someone who plays the game as a whole. You either dedicate your life to this single game mode and get the mid brackets of it, or spend on it to get the top rewards, as well as spending on everything else to accomodate the time missed on the other game modes.

This is like arena heavy grind, but for an entire month and always constantly spending units.
    So would you think it was bad for incursions to make the top zone bonuses reset every 2 weeks instead of every month?
    Dont really know. I dont play incursions because of how boring and unrewarded it is. And I dont like that the milestone rewards reset every 5 days.
    For the other rewards resetting monthly, I think thats fine. Every 2 weeks? Might be fine as well, but less than that it starts becoming a bother
  • MAC83MAC83 Posts: 13
    edited September 2022
    Would you get points in the solo event if quit out the match, would that count as matches complete? Trying to figure out if the optimal strategy is losing with 2* champs since fights should end quickly or if the optimal strategy is to load up Elder's Marks, start a match and quit. You earn less points but you can do that a lot faster and "earn" more points going through 1000s of fights by just quitting everytime. The only issue might be matchmaking. Since my score would be so negative, it might be hard for me to find a match.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 917 ★★★★★
    I think this is another great game mode that will end up as a big dumpster fire if it continues like this. There’s no point to the game mode if it stays like this.

I genuinely don’t understand the point of it like this.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

Dont really know. I dont play incursions because of how boring and unrewarded it is. And I dont like that the milestone rewards reset every 5 days.
    For the other rewards resetting monthly, I think thats fine. Every 2 weeks? Might be fine as well, but less than that it starts becoming a bother
    But you don’t have to do it at all? If it reset once a week you could just do it every 2 weeks if once a week is a bother. That’s an issue you have with your own view on the game, where if the rewards are on offer you feel the need to get them all.

If there are 20k 6* shards on offer for 10 hours of gameplay in a week, you are well within your right to only do 5 hours of gameplay for 10k shards. You don’t have to do it all.

Why limit everyone to 10k shards a week just because you think it’s too much? Just do your 5 hours of gameplay and let others do 10 if they want. Don’t feel forced into a grind and doing more than you feel comfortable with.
    That is nice and all, but you're forgetting this is heavily focused on RANK rewards rather than milestones or either a peak milestone system.

Its the same as arena. Theres no middle. You either achieve the goal or fail miserably and get nothing worth for your time invested.