**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds Rewards Revealed! Solo/Alliance Events, Victory Track, Gladiator’s Circuit and More!

Comments

• Options

DrZola said:

All I needed to hear was 100 matches a week…

Dr. Zola

Again mate, more a way to emphasise that difference between scores if you go 2-1 rather than 2-0.

7.8m points is almost all of the alliance milestones on one players shoulders so it was an exaggeration to show the impact of points per unit.

It was an easy round number to pluck out of the air to make the point, not what needs to be focussed on.
    Where are you getting the 7.8mill from? That would require 4000 matches played at 2-1. Getting 1950 per match. Seems really high.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

DrZola said:

All I needed to hear was 100 matches a week…

Dr. Zola

Again mate, more a way to emphasise that difference between scores if you go 2-1 rather than 2-0.

7.8m points is almost all of the alliance milestones on one players shoulders so it was an exaggeration to show the impact of points per unit.

It was an easy round number to pluck out of the air to make the point, not what needs to be focussed on.
    Where are you getting the 7.8mill from? That would require 4000 matches played at 2-1. Getting 1950 per match. Seems really high.
    Oopsy, missed a decimal place somewhere along the lines. 780,000 not 7.8 mil.

But again, this is just to show that you’re getting extra points from 2-1 than 2-0.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Why the timetable is different from the Alliance War one? If you want to change alliances without causing any trouble to the one you currently are, you can't now. Leaving the alliance when War season ends, will be halfway to BG season and vice versa.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Wozzle007 said:

Wozzle007 said:

Gmonkey said:

Wozzle007 said:

Shame this information had to be released on the Friday before it starts. It almost ensures that there is zero time to get feedback and be able to tune how these rewards are implemented. Sort of deflates so much of the excitement I was feeling earlier about this. There seems to be less competitive nature now which seemed to central to what this mode was designed for

We're always collecting feedback, but with this being the first season, unless something is egregious, it's unlikely to change anything until the next season starts. Keep the feedback coming, but just know that we want to try this out for at least one season.
    I think looking at the way the whole scoring works, the whole system comes across a little egregious. Honestly, the biggest rewards should be based on winning. Ranking higher should be the absolute goal of battlegrounds. I know you are the messenger, but the system is really poor. I think at this point most would advocate delaying BG and reworking the whole scoring system to one that actually favours winning.

But if it stays as is, at least we have hand my guide on how to get the best out of the mode. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nucB3Ttxo-M
    Cheaters will not matter with this mode who cares if people cheat they only get points for two matches not 3.
    Oh nobody needs to cheat. It’s all about how to lose as quickly as possible to grind more games per hour. Winning takes far to long and doesn’t factor into the point of battle grounds anymore.
    But you only get a certain amount of elders marks, which is the only way you can rank in Alliance or Solo events. After that you’re using units for them, so you don’t want to waste matches where you could get extra points.

You get more points in the alliance mode for placing extra champions in the third round (1950 vs 1750), so if you grinded out 100 matches in a week. you’d end up with 1,950,000 instead of 1,750,000. Stretch that over the 4 weeks of the season and you’d have 7.8m instead of 7m. So it can really make a difference.

Tanking 2-0 is quicker yes, but it’s not as many points per elder mark (which is essentially points per unit if you’re grinding hard).

For the solo event, if you’re pushing that, then yeah it’s quicker to go 2-0 and it doesn’t affect the points you get. So it depends on whether your alliance is pushing or not.
    Right. But 100 matches a week at 8 mins each (and that might be low if you’re trying to push it a third round) your looking at 800 minutes a week or 13.5 hours of battle ground grinding per week! But you could spend 8-10 mins and still win or lose 2-0 so the time spend could be a total waste. All the additional time and no extra points.

If you’re going the tanking route and use units you only need to do and extra 15 rounds to make upto the 1.95m points. If you go in with the plan to lose every fight using 1/2* champs, and each round is 3minutes your 115 rounds is done in 5.5hours.

The extra 200,000 points is not worth nearly 8 hours per week.
    Place 1 and 2 stars once in the higher division. And quit out match as soon as you are running in. Super fast no 8 minutes.
    Not sure if you read the whole of my post. I’m saying it’s far quicker to use 1/2* and lose on purpose. Although KT1 videos say this much better and far more entertaining.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    So in summary all you need is 7 champs and a huge wallet to get the best rewards in battlegrounds.
  • Options
    SnapSchootSnapSchoot Posts: 13
    Why don't Thronebreakers get T3A and T6B??? Very unfair.
  • Options

Why don't Thronebreakers get T3A and T6B??? Very unfair.

Maybe they're finally creating an incentive to get the Paragon title. Marginally improved login crystals are hardly worth it.
  • Options
    Carryon_14Carryon_14 Posts: 20
    Dragonfei said:

Beewee said:

Dragonfei said:

Scottryan said:

Dragonfei said:

Scottryan said:

Shame this information had to be released on the Friday before it starts. It almost ensures that there is zero time to get feedback and be able to tune how these rewards are implemented. Sort of deflates so much of the excitement I was feeling earlier about this. There seems to be less competitive nature now which seemed to central to what this mode was designed for

We're always collecting feedback, but with this being the first season, unless something is egregious, it's unlikely to change anything until the next season starts. Keep the feedback coming, but just know that we want to try this out for at least one season.
    Quick fyi, the scoring system for the solo event is egregious

Remove the solo event, put those rewards into rank rewards (for the competitive game mode btw) and TADA, its a good game mode. You're welcome
    Unfortunately, doing something like that ends up de-incentivizing people who know they can never reach the top and beat some of the best players in the game, so they're just not going to bother. You have to keep enough people playing the game mode to ensure matches are happening. The best way to do that is to incentivize participation.

Ultimately - there's always going to be an aspect of this game for whales to excel, because that's how the lights stay on around here. I get that people don't love it, and that's understandable, but that's the reality of the game we play. Complaining about whales being able to win events like complaining whales get to open more crystals than the rest of us. That's what keeps the game going.
    the objectives did exactly that. now they've scrapped it in favor of this garbage. they clearly arent doing it to incentivise playing, theyre doing it to make people spend money
    People hated the prior objectives and ignored them most of the time, despite the lucrative rewards you could pick up, and I would know. I grabbed all of them across all of the betas. They weren't proper incentive to play the game mode, and now everyone has better incentive.
    Sounds like they will still have the objectives regardless. This is just clutter. Even lower end players wont like this
    I guess we'll have to wait and see then, won't we? There's still plenty of rewards I'll be going for, even if I can't pick up a 6* awakening gem. That single reward isn't the end-all, be-all. There's plenty of other rewards to be had and I'm happy to focus on those, and I'm sure other people are too.

Just because the high tier rewards go to whales (like usual in a game like this) doesn't mean the game mode is bad or broken.
    Dragonfei said:

Beewee said:

Dragonfei said:

Scottryan said:

Dragonfei said:

Scottryan said:

Quick fyi, the scoring system for the solo event is egregious

Remove the solo event, put those rewards into rank rewards (for the competitive game mode btw) and TADA, its a good game mode. You're welcome
    Unfortunately, doing something like that ends up de-incentivizing people who know they can never reach the top and beat some of the best players in the game, so they're just not going to bother. You have to keep enough people playing the game mode to ensure matches are happening. The best way to do that is to incentivize participation.

Ultimately - there's always going to be an aspect of this game for whales to excel, because that's how the lights stay on around here. I get that people don't love it, and that's understandable, but that's the reality of the game we play. Complaining about whales being able to win events like complaining whales get to open more crystals than the rest of us. That's what keeps the game going.
    the objectives did exactly that. now they've scrapped it in favor of this garbage. they clearly arent doing it to incentivise playing, theyre doing it to make people spend money
    People hated the prior objectives and ignored them most of the time, despite the lucrative rewards you could pick up, and I would know. I grabbed all of them across all of the betas. They weren't proper incentive to play the game mode, and now everyone has better incentive.
    Sounds like they will still have the objectives regardless. This is just clutter. Even lower end players wont like this
    I guess we'll have to wait and see then, won't we? There's still plenty of rewards I'll be going for, even if I can't pick up a 6* awakening gem. That single reward isn't the end-all, be-all. There's plenty of other rewards to be had and I'm happy to focus on those, and I'm sure other people are too.

Just because the high tier rewards go to whales (like usual in a game like this) doesn't mean the game mode is bad or broken.
    Rite, I am very excited to play it,
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,110 ★★★★★
    Just gonna wait and see how things play out here, so for now all I gotta say is where is the gold?!?

You’re introducing like 5 new ways for us to get rewards but there is no gold anywhere 💀. People already make like 5 posts per day on lacking gold
  • Options
    GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    edited September 2022
    There was zero need to add an alliance aspect to this solo mode. Then on top of that its completely monetized with the new dumb tokens. You guys really make some trash decisions.

Then on top of that you completely made it pointless to actually play a match to win to even gain points.
  • Options
    GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    edited September 2022
    Oh and while we are at it, I love how you are now penalizing the players that actually want to rank the highest on the ladder. Those players cant just grind matches with 2 and 3* champs like most people will do to just accumulate points.

Forcing together all these events is a massive mistake especially with how you are scoring them. They should ALL be based off competition and ACTUALLY WINNING matches. You know the actual point of the mode which is to battle other players, not spam enter and quit matches to get points.
  • Options
    trh34567trh34567 Posts: 3
    One of the easiest way to make the change is just simply give extra point to the winners.
    Eg winning match gives 2500 points
    Losing match points get the current points.
    This way it benefits both, those that want to play the game mode competitively and also some that just want to loss the match to get the milestone faster.
  • Options
    RamenGuy16RamenGuy16 Posts: 1
    Hi. This is my first time in a while here.