**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The difficulty increase is ridiculous

Comments

• Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    edited January 2023

Dshu said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Filling in some details for you all:

The overall intention when adjusting difficulties:
    "We wanted players' opponents to more closely match the power we (incorrectly) assumed those players had at their disposal. To get an idea of that power, we pulled data on what Rank/Rarity of Champion players were using in Monthly Content based on their PRG vs. The Difficulty they were playing in (Uncollected playing in Cavalier Difficulty vs. Uncollected player in Uncollected Difficulty). There was always the risk this data was overinflated by players sitting in a PRG longer than they were supposed to (especially in Uncollected and Cavalier) but we hadn't estimated how much they were hurting the high volume of players who were fresher to that difficulty."

This discovery is what lead to the follow up adjustment yesterday. The result was, "threat levels 1-3 had their health tuned down for the [side] Quest, and all difficulties of EQ had their health tuned down, with some attack modifications on Contender, Proven and Conqueror EQ."

Looking at EQ specifically:
    "The champs in the early quests of some difficulties may have higher attack than they used to. The champs in the later quests though actually have less attack than they used to when looking at the old (December) tuning. We bumped up the baseline a bit but flattened stuff out as the EQ progresses."

To massively over-simplify... if we were to give each quest a difficulty value between 1-5, previous iterations would have been 1-2-3-4-5, now we're looking closer to 2-2-3-4-4.

By making chapters 1-5 of story easier to advance players along faster you have created a generation of players who can only defeat content with overwhelming power. These players are the ones arguing that even the nerfed content is too difficult. They have vastly overpowered accounts that lack the basic mechanics to understand how to defeat the current meta you have introduced. It will take a few months now at this level before these players begin to develop the skills to handle this content. Kabam has done this to themselves by nerfing all the early content to allow players to quote "catch up".
    Can you throw some examples out here? I seem to remember the nerfing of that content being pretty focused on energy usage, and maybe like 3 fights?
    It is a little confusing though that you're considering story to be the only developmental content in the game while stuff like bg, aw and aq are all still present.
    1. Act 4 juggs nerfed into the ground. This was a fight that taught patience and strategy. You only made the mistake of taking all the chests once and even one chest was enough to make this fight an uphill battle.
    2. Act 4 venom- I believe they removed the poison node with removed all mystic options up to recently. Many were forced to use 2 or at best 3* counters against one of the most vicious venoms in the game. Taught evade/intercept as you try not to die from block damage
    3. Access to 4/5/6*s allows players to skip learning mechanics like evade and intercept and instead rely on the bigger health pools and attack values.
    Having started a new account last year to farm units for gifting it was a joke. By the time I hit act 2 I had 3 4*s and by act 3 3 5*s. I entered act 4 with 2 6*s from the easy side quests and reward crystals. I joined a small alliance with multiple summoners level 45-50 with all 5 and 6*s on their profiles. Most were pushing for cavalier without even balancing their mastery trees with these op options but struggling towards the end of act 5. They were focused on side eq for easy rewards to power level their accounts.
    Doing this is why we see players today complaining about the content difficulty.
    There are other examples of removed or nerfed content but I would have to view every chapter and try to recall what was removed from it after 8 years of not looking at it.
  • Options

Dshu said:

Dshu said:

Dshu said:

Maniek79 said:

5 6* R3 knocked out on uncollected, yeah "slightly " tuned lol 😂 Ok, I'm not a guy that analysing nodes for half an hour before hit f..ing uncollected difficulty. I'm done this month with EQ.

I totally agree that they overtuned it but I think you should be able to do it with that roster, I beat him with my 5
    Dshu said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

If it

ESF said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

OK. I went into Uncollected EQ, Chapter 1. Here’s the team I took:

Keep in mind, this is the Science Ascendancy quest — I am not getting the Attack boost. This is just me, just playing.

Rhino lane, 5/50 Professor X, so I can get the Mutant/X-Men Special Attack boost:

I lost Iceman to the Tigra, because of a dropped input. Just the truth. But it actually worked out OK because I could vulture another Persistent Charge for Professor X.

Next up: Drax. Took him solo with Professor X, picking up another Persistent Charge, but I forgot the photo.

Next up: Doctor Octopus, with, as you can see, a 3/30 Magneto:

Seriously: What are we even talking about, here?

Yes, it is more challenging. It is. About 80K-110K health pools.

But you can literally clear it with 4-stars! I didn’t even have the Science Ascendancy attack boost going — I shudder to think what a Scorpion or IHulk or IBom would do with a 30 PERCENT ATTACK BOOST.

Come on, people — I am not even a very good player. I have some skill and experience, but there are absolutely a ton of players who are better than me.

What are we even talking about, here?

You lost 60% health on a single fight against a Rhino and 20% on another one with Magneto against Doc Oc (#metal btw). Why don't you go fight the 25k Knull and 25k Sinister on UC 3.2 and see if you manage to even do those fights in one go each.
    More importantly, you think you're gonna take out a Zemo with a 200k health pool who crits through blocks, roots you just for hitting him and has protection with those champs and with that amount of health left? Don't even get me started on Absorbing Man's 210k health pool cause there ain't no way you're gonna outdamage his regen with those champs. You're right, what are we even talking about lmao you're delusional.
    So, i just want to try to understand this. Me beating the Doctor Octopus with a 3/30 Magneto doesn’t count?

Are you saying that UC cannot be cleared with 4-stars? No boosts. That’s totally fine. I certainly wouldn’t burn my Revive stash on this.

But I am just trying to make sure I understand what it is that you’re saying — you’re making the point that the five characters I grabbed couldn’t clear UC? Because that isn’t what I said.

Are you saying that 4-stars cannot clear UC? Because that is what I said, and I would either be right or wrong about that, but you saying “those champs” when I clearly wasn’t saying that I would use those five characters is disingenuous

Nope, what this means is that if you're losing 60% health per fight on the first quest from the EQ how exactly are you planning on clearing the rest of the path and the boss with no revives. Or even better, how are you planning on clearing the last chapter that has 23k-26k PI champs if you couldn't even beat a 13k one without losing any health? It's so easy according to you right? Lmao

Yes, UC can't be cleared without revives and boosts, the last two chapters at least. First can be done if you're good but last two are absolutely impossible because of the nodes and the health pools.

What you said? You literally said on that post that you can clear out the content with 4* even though the health pools are big, and before you pull the "I was being sarcastic" card you also told somebody else on this same thread to stop acting like the content can't be cleared with a developing roster. Furthermore, you sided with GroundedWisdom over here, someone who thinks the changes are fair and people need to "grow into them".
    Let’s find out, then — I am not the best player in the game. I wasn’t being sarcastic.

Here’s the bet: Nothing but 4-stars.

Parameters:

What I can do:
    I can use any 4-star.
    I can use health potions.

What I can’t do:
    I cannot use revives.
    I cannot use boosts.

The stakes:
    For you: Absolutely nothing. It will cost you nothing, if I can or can’t do it.

For me: If I can do it? I get nothing. Nothing at all.

If I can’t do it? I will close my Forum account. Won’t post here again.

So now, we’ll see — and please don’t come on here if I do it and say “how do I know you did,” because again: It’s costing you NOTHING. I don’t cheat. I am a solo player. I have never said that I am an elite player.

Either I can do it, or I can’t.

So we’ll see.
    You had me until you said "I can use health potions". You lost 60% health against a 13k Rhino guy how many health potions you gonna use per path 5? If you do the math that's more than 100 health potions to 100% the entire EQ. Using a ton of health potions to clear content is not viable nor is it worth it considering health potions aren't exactly cheap (garbage ones that give 10% or 20% health are for obvious reasons useless). Not to mention, you obviously have a well developed roster and will probably have counters for a couple hard fights, someone who just hit UC will not, so whether you can 100% the EQ or not doesn't matter because the newer players still won't be able to pull it off which is the entire problem with EQ right now.

The stakes: maybe you'll shut up and stop trying to argue against something that even Kabam Jax already acknowledged.

You may not be a cheater but you certainly are a liar, or at the very least someone who back tracks a lot. So, if you "do it" (without using a gazillion health potions), I'm still not gonna believe it lol and I doubt anyone on these forums will.
    If it can’t be done like you said, then what are you worried about?

It costs you nothing, either way
    It can be done with the right counters and taking the easiest paths. However, a player who doesn't have a developed roster will still not be able to do it because they won't have good counters, which is the entire problem here, you're so dense.
    So when people said “you can grow into the content,” what was incorrect about that?

That’s literally how some of us had to learn how to play the game — nobody gave some of us 4-stars, let alone 5-stars and 6-stars. There was no Autofight.

All I said was that UC could be cleared with 4-stars — which maybe I am wrong! You said it couldn’t be done! — but that doesn’t change the fact that there’s no law that anyone has to 100 percent every single piece of content every single minute of every single month.
    That the gap between a maxed out 4* and a maxed out 5* is huge you donut, and if they can't complete the EQ that "growing" is gonna be even slower.

Right, cause back then there weren't 6 champ rarities, there were only 5 so they have to allow lower players to progress quicker. Increasing the difficulty by 10 is how you don't do that. I don't think you understand how online video games that constantly receive updates work, and it's concerning.

Maybe not you, but UC players who are trying to get shards and materials (and obviously enjoy the game) have to be able to clear the EQ without having to spend 500 units on potions. You're so dense dude.
    You complain that it's not possible to do uncollected without health pots but having completed thronebreaker with only using 5 revives and around 20 health pots I would suggest you look at better rounding out your attack champs. Yes the health and attack pools are overturned but this sounds more like a poor me thread. Thronebreaker takes an average of 250-300 hits to drop an opponent. The nodes are much more punishing. The champ restrictions are much more limiting. You can easily die from chip damage and 1-2 combos from lag or dropped inputs. Its the equivalent of using 2 and 3*s in uncollected. Kabam Jax has already stated he is taking the tuning back to the game team. Use this eq as an opportunity to better your skills or learn new counters to opponents. Also another tip from a long term player energy is cheaper than pots and revives. Try different teams rather than just potting up and pushing through. Beyond that ignore this month's eq and focus on existing content to better your accounts champ options.
    It's not that it's not possible in general, you can do it without potions or revives with a full team of maxed out 5* and the right counters. It's the fact that most players achieve UC with 4* and you can't 100% EQ with maxed out 4* unless you spend 500 units on health potions and revives which is ridiculous.

There's no poor me threads here, Kabam Jax already said the difficulties were indeed overtuned, why are you big brains still trying to argue against that? Lol.

Are you even reading what you're typing? You're talking as if every UC player had a developed roster with a ton of counters like you. Your entire argument of UsE BeTtEr AtTacK cHaMpS is a very selfish argument, get well soon.
    Do you even read the posts yourself? Thronebreaker difficulty was much more punishing than uncollected. People doing this aren't using maxed out rank 4 or 5 6*s. Most are doing it with 5*s rank 4/5 or 6*s rank 2/3 if lucky and these aren't maxed sig champs. You say it can't be done without spending units. It can if you stop crying and look to counters outside of the God tier champs you probably have ranked. By your logic master will require maxed out 6*s and cavalier/Thronebreaker will just be impossible without massive spending. Yes I admit the difficulty increase sucks d****. All I'm saying is stop crying about it and try thinking outside the box. Look at 3/4* counters and try intercept/evade over blocking every opponent. Ask for some help with counters rather than crying it can't be done. Outside of that just skip it and work on Content more in line with your skill.
    I've read virtually every post on this thread and to a person almost all have maintained decorum and etiquette whilst airing their views. I haven't seen anyone "crying" as you mockingly label it, but rather players are voicing their legitimate concerns and grievances - a stated purpose of this forum.

Conversely, a minority of insufferable acolytes, career apologists and habitual contrarians have made repeated attempts to downplay the complaints and derail the thread by introducing non sequiturs, red herrings and strawmen into the conversation.

There's an issue with this month's EQ and SQ; it's been acknowledged by Jax. There really is nothing more to say until we receive a response from one of the administrators..
    Obviously you haven't read my post. I acknowledge that it's scaled incorrectly. My issue is with someone repeatedly saying it can't be done without spending a ton of units which the original poster has stated multiple times as well as needing maxed 5*s to complete it. If people don't want to take the time to do it over the course of the month with the free pots given every 4 hours or farmed from 3.2.6 with auto play that's their fault for spending units. If people want to complain it's to difficult without asking for advice or even posting pics of their account to ask for counters they may not realize works thats on them. The game has made it too easy to become uncollected without learning the skills and character abilities needed to progress. These people complaining have relied too long on just smashing content with big champs. Posts are being put up about pi being too high. If you had to fight through early game mode like most veterans you wouldn't even care about pi. There are multiple counters for everything in the game but complaining its to difficult is the worst counter of all. Not trying to be insulting but when it's the same argument over and over without any willingness to try to better your situation then yes it's crying. Get over it or just move on. It's one months eq that I'm sure will be tuned down for February.
    You've quoted me quoting you and yet accuse me of not reading your riposte; that's a textbook contradiction in terms.

I read your previous submissions but admittedly only skimmed the aforementioned, highlighted contribution. To be frank, where the respondent either lacks the competency or can’t be bothered to observe the most basic rubric of correspondence (to wit paragraphs) it's akin to gazing at a visual eyesore. Moreover, having to put the legwork in to demarcate your ideas and opinions into decipherable chunks only compounds the issue and the eyesore metamorphoses into a headsore.

You appear to be conflating the issues players have raised and treating the complaints as ubiquitous. Broadly speaking, the petitioners can be divided into two groups; group one is comprised of advanced players (Cavalier and above) who were able to autoplay lower end content to garner iso and units. Group two consists of mid-tier and lower accounts (Uncollected and below) who can no longer manually clear the EQ and SQ due to the ramp up.

I've been around since the advent of this game and have worked my way to the TB title at a pace that suits my lifestyle. I have neither the time, energy or inclination to tap away at my screen to explore content which provides little to no challenge. Indeed, doing so is like stepping back in time. The rewards are welcome but the time I would need to expend on it makes it not worth the effort. Plenty of others at a level or situation similar to mine have echoed the same sentiment.

More recently, due to a busy schedule, I've joined a lower tiered alliance, mostly consisting of Conqueror and Uncollected gamers. Prior to Christmas, most were struggling to fully explore the EQ aimed at their progression. The boon over the holiday period buoyed and encouraged them and many felt as if the boost would lift them out of the mediocrity of playing at the lower levels where they were quagmired for a protracted length of time.

When the new EQ dropped, their hopes were instantly smothered when they found they could no longer even complete the EQ aimed at their progression level. Indeed, the EQ below their progression was also proving to be a challenge where previously it had been a doddle. They've had the rug pulled from under their feet and plenty have decreased their engagement or worse barely log in. I don't know their personal circumstances but I'd surmise most are either teenagers or slightly older, who have plenty of other things vying for their attention and time. If we lose these players, my concern is it'll be permanent.

Those are my thoughts; this will be my final interaction with you on this topic as I have no desire to engage in a protracted toing and froing between ourselves..
    Not sure I've commented directly on your post. I will make this short so you and others can understand.

GIT GUD!!!

hope that is more helpful than my previous posts. HAPPY GAMING
    This elicited loud wholesome chuckle.

I'm not struggling with the increased difficulty but rather my gripe is specifically concerns not being able to autofight the lower EQs.

Conversely, reading comprehension is evidently not your strength. But then either is basic grammar. Both those basic skills will hold you in good stead throughout your life so develop them, lest you bumble yourself throughout an interaction and end up looking and sounding flippant, foolish and cognitively deficient..
    Wow congrats on using the thesaurus.

I never commented on Autofighting but if that's your only complaint I feel sorry that you will lose out on a few units.
    Sorry you will have to work for in game currency rather than having it handed to you like a weekly allowance from your parents. The entitlement is strong in this one.
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    What about those who have explored tb eq already. I haven’t used a single item in any eq in months (years?) but tb eq has seen a fair amount of item usage (looking at you first few passes at zero and ab man). Any chance we see some revives kicked back?
  • Options
    5i

I'm aware. I do it myself when I have a few spare moments. It's not that lucrative. It takes a great deal of Energy to get all 150, and you still have to pay attention to select Paths. There are easier ways to earn Units.

Usually I LOL your posts, but this one I actually disagree on. In the first place, there is no easier way to gather units than auto fighting. There are more lucrative ways, but none so convenient for folks with limited time. Yeas, it does take lots of energy, but like lots of people, the energy im using during auto fight is energy that wouldn't get used otherwise. When I run out, I can turn the game off and come back to it after work, when I'll have full energy again to use for real stuff.
    Auto fight is a very important tool for a large group of busy, slow rolling players like me. I understand that you have a lower opinion of its utility, but try to bear this in mind when you post about it as your judgement of it has been posited as broad fact rather than narrow opinion.
    That whole argument about being fact vs. opinion is overused. We're here to discuss our own opinions. That's a given.
    The game rewards game play. Yes, it's nice to grab some Units when we're busy doing other things. We're also able to continue doing that with the most recent iteration. It is by far a necessity to game play. The fact that people think it's something they need to depend on highlights a greater issue of wanting more for doing less, but I won't go into that here.
    My original point, and it still stands, is that Auto isn't a priority. They're not likely looking at these changes as something that can get people, who are well enough advanced to do it on Auto, as many easy Units as possible. If they can, great. If not, that's not the indication that the changes are too far. It's whether or not it's appropriately challenging enough for the people at that stage in the game.
    I like getting some Quests in while working as much as the next guy, but if I'm too busy to play the game, then I'm too busy. That's not something I'm entitled to.
    Sorry, but I don't think you get to include yourself as one of us normal folks expressing opinion as your relationship with the mods is well known. You have positioned yourself as an informal go between, so unfortunately when you post things they can be seen by many as coming from kabam, as untrue as that may be. Just saying be aware of your optics and embrace the role you've entered. Not everyone on here remembers the days when you were just another player posting.
    It's also not an entitlement to expect to receive the same treatment this month as previous months. We all know the game can change whatever it wants whenever it wants, but to remove the capability to maintain something that many of us have come to rely on, without any notice, is easily perceived as disrespectful and is definitely inconsiderate. I think a fair comp for how autofighting low difficulties (a perk for higher progression) is to imagine if they decided to change the free crystals from 4 to 8 hours without saying so beforehand. It isn't a big deal, but it isn't very nice either.
    Also worth mentioning that there are far more resources acquired from those low levels beyond units. Iso, gold, cats, low star crystals, shards, champs, insider points and rewards, solo event rewards, alliance event rewards to name a bunch.
    How about a compromise?
    If the content won't allow Autofight make the lower 3 eq levels energy free for thronebreaker and paragon. Lower 2 free for cavalier. This would allow for easier completion by those seeking resources from them while still keeping kabams challenge level where it is.
  • Options
    L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Posts: 144 ★★★
    edited January 2023
  • Options
    PascalGambitPascalGambit Posts: 47

Dshu said:

Dshu said:

Dshu said:

Maniek79 said:

5 6* R3 knocked out on uncollected, yeah "slightly " tuned lol 😂 Ok, I'm not a guy that analysing nodes for half an hour before hit f..ing uncollected difficulty. I'm done this month with EQ.

I totally agree that they overtuned it but I think you should be able to do it with that roster, I beat him with my 5
    Dshu said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

If it

ESF said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

OK. I went into Uncollected EQ, Chapter 1. Here’s the team I took:

Keep in mind, this is the Science Ascendancy quest — I am not getting the Attack boost. This is just me, just playing.

Rhino lane, 5/50 Professor X, so I can get the Mutant/X-Men Special Attack boost:

I lost Iceman to the Tigra, because of a dropped input. Just the truth. But it actually worked out OK because I could vulture another Persistent Charge for Professor X.

Next up: Drax. Took him solo with Professor X, picking up another Persistent Charge, but I forgot the photo.

Next up: Doctor Octopus, with, as you can see, a 3/30 Magneto:

Seriously: What are we even talking about, here?

Yes, it is more challenging. It is. About 80K-110K health pools.

But you can literally clear it with 4-stars! I didn’t even have the Science Ascendancy attack boost going — I shudder to think what a Scorpion or IHulk or IBom would do with a 30 PERCENT ATTACK BOOST.

Come on, people — I am not even a very good player. I have some skill and experience, but there are absolutely a ton of players who are better than me.

What are we even talking about, here?

You lost 60% health on a single fight against a Rhino and 20% on another one with Magneto against Doc Oc (#metal btw). Why don't you go fight the 25k Knull and 25k Sinister on UC 3.2 and see if you manage to even do those fights in one go each.
    More importantly, you think you're gonna take out a Zemo with a 200k health pool who crits through blocks, roots you just for hitting him and has protection with those champs and with that amount of health left? Don't even get me started on Absorbing Man's 210k health pool cause there ain't no way you're gonna outdamage his regen with those champs. You're right, what are we even talking about lmao you're delusional.
    So, i just want to try to understand this. Me beating the Doctor Octopus with a 3/30 Magneto doesn’t count?

Are you saying that UC cannot be cleared with 4-stars? No boosts. That’s totally fine. I certainly wouldn’t burn my Revive stash on this.

But I am just trying to make sure I understand what it is that you’re saying — you’re making the point that the five characters I grabbed couldn’t clear UC? Because that isn’t what I said.

Are you saying that 4-stars cannot clear UC? Because that is what I said, and I would either be right or wrong about that, but you saying “those champs” when I clearly wasn’t saying that I would use those five characters is disingenuous

Nope, what this means is that if you're losing 60% health per fight on the first quest from the EQ how exactly are you planning on clearing the rest of the path and the boss with no revives. Or even better, how are you planning on clearing the last chapter that has 23k-26k PI champs if you couldn't even beat a 13k one without losing any health? It's so easy according to you right? Lmao

Yes, UC can't be cleared without revives and boosts, the last two chapters at least. First can be done if you're good but last two are absolutely impossible because of the nodes and the health pools.

What you said? You literally said on that post that you can clear out the content with 4* even though the health pools are big, and before you pull the "I was being sarcastic" card you also told somebody else on this same thread to stop acting like the content can't be cleared with a developing roster. Furthermore, you sided with GroundedWisdom over here, someone who thinks the changes are fair and people need to "grow into them".
    Let’s find out, then — I am not the best player in the game. I wasn’t being sarcastic.

Here’s the bet: Nothing but 4-stars.

Parameters:

What I can do:
    I can use any 4-star.
    I can use health potions.

What I can’t do:
    I cannot use revives.
    I cannot use boosts.

The stakes:
    For you: Absolutely nothing. It will cost you nothing, if I can or can’t do it.

For me: If I can do it? I get nothing. Nothing at all.

If I can’t do it? I will close my Forum account. Won’t post here again.

So now, we’ll see — and please don’t come on here if I do it and say “how do I know you did,” because again: It’s costing you NOTHING. I don’t cheat. I am a solo player. I have never said that I am an elite player.

Either I can do it, or I can’t.

So we’ll see.
    You had me until you said "I can use health potions". You lost 60% health against a 13k Rhino guy how many health potions you gonna use per path 5? If you do the math that's more than 100 health potions to 100% the entire EQ. Using a ton of health potions to clear content is not viable nor is it worth it considering health potions aren't exactly cheap (garbage ones that give 10% or 20% health are for obvious reasons useless). Not to mention, you obviously have a well developed roster and will probably have counters for a couple hard fights, someone who just hit UC will not, so whether you can 100% the EQ or not doesn't matter because the newer players still won't be able to pull it off which is the entire problem with EQ right now.

The stakes: maybe you'll shut up and stop trying to argue against something that even Kabam Jax already acknowledged.

You may not be a cheater but you certainly are a liar, or at the very least someone who back tracks a lot. So, if you "do it" (without using a gazillion health potions), I'm still not gonna believe it lol and I doubt anyone on these forums will.
    If it can’t be done like you said, then what are you worried about?

It costs you nothing, either way
    It can be done with the right counters and taking the easiest paths. However, a player who doesn't have a developed roster will still not be able to do it because they won't have good counters, which is the entire problem here, you're so dense.
    So when people said “you can grow into the content,” what was incorrect about that?

That’s literally how some of us had to learn how to play the game — nobody gave some of us 4-stars, let alone 5-stars and 6-stars. There was no Autofight.

All I said was that UC could be cleared with 4-stars — which maybe I am wrong! You said it couldn’t be done! — but that doesn’t change the fact that there’s no law that anyone has to 100 percent every single piece of content every single minute of every single month.
    That the gap between a maxed out 4* and a maxed out 5* is huge you donut, and if they can't complete the EQ that "growing" is gonna be even slower.

Right, cause back then there weren't 6 champ rarities, there were only 5 so they have to allow lower players to progress quicker. Increasing the difficulty by 10 is how you don't do that. I don't think you understand how online video games that constantly receive updates work, and it's concerning.

Maybe not you, but UC players who are trying to get shards and materials (and obviously enjoy the game) have to be able to clear the EQ without having to spend 500 units on potions. You're so dense dude.
    You complain that it's not possible to do uncollected without health pots but having completed thronebreaker with only using 5 revives and around 20 health pots I would suggest you look at better rounding out your attack champs. Yes the health and attack pools are overturned but this sounds more like a poor me thread. Thronebreaker takes an average of 250-300 hits to drop an opponent. The nodes are much more punishing. The champ restrictions are much more limiting. You can easily die from chip damage and 1-2 combos from lag or dropped inputs. Its the equivalent of using 2 and 3*s in uncollected. Kabam Jax has already stated he is taking the tuning back to the game team. Use this eq as an opportunity to better your skills or learn new counters to opponents. Also another tip from a long term player energy is cheaper than pots and revives. Try different teams rather than just potting up and pushing through. Beyond that ignore this month's eq and focus on existing content to better your accounts champ options.
    It's not that it's not possible in general, you can do it without potions or revives with a full team of maxed out 5* and the right counters. It's the fact that most players achieve UC with 4* and you can't 100% EQ with maxed out 4* unless you spend 500 units on health potions and revives which is ridiculous.

There's no poor me threads here, Kabam Jax already said the difficulties were indeed overtuned, why are you big brains still trying to argue against that? Lol.

Are you even reading what you're typing? You're talking as if every UC player had a developed roster with a ton of counters like you. Your entire argument of UsE BeTtEr AtTacK cHaMpS is a very selfish argument, get well soon.
    Do you even read the posts yourself? Thronebreaker difficulty was much more punishing than uncollected. People doing this aren't using maxed out rank 4 or 5 6*s. Most are doing it with 5*s rank 4/5 or 6*s rank 2/3 if lucky and these aren't maxed sig champs. You say it can't be done without spending units. It can if you stop crying and look to counters outside of the God tier champs you probably have ranked. By your logic master will require maxed out 6*s and cavalier/Thronebreaker will just be impossible without massive spending. Yes I admit the difficulty increase sucks d****. All I'm saying is stop crying about it and try thinking outside the box. Look at 3/4* counters and try intercept/evade over blocking every opponent. Ask for some help with counters rather than crying it can't be done. Outside of that just skip it and work on Content more in line with your skill.
    I've read virtually every post on this thread and to a person almost all have maintained decorum and etiquette whilst airing their views. I haven't seen anyone "crying" as you mockingly label it, but rather players are voicing their legitimate concerns and grievances - a stated purpose of this forum.

Conversely, a minority of insufferable acolytes, career apologists and habitual contrarians have made repeated attempts to downplay the complaints and derail the thread by introducing non sequiturs, red herrings and strawmen into the conversation.

There's an issue with this month's EQ and SQ; it's been acknowledged by Jax. There really is nothing more to say until we receive a response from one of the administrators..
    Obviously you haven't read my post. I acknowledge that it's scaled incorrectly. My issue is with someone repeatedly saying it can't be done without spending a ton of units which the original poster has stated multiple times as well as needing maxed 5*s to complete it. If people don't want to take the time to do it over the course of the month with the free pots given every 4 hours or farmed from 3.2.6 with auto play that's their fault for spending units. If people want to complain it's to difficult without asking for advice or even posting pics of their account to ask for counters they may not realize works thats on them. The game has made it too easy to become uncollected without learning the skills and character abilities needed to progress. These people complaining have relied too long on just smashing content with big champs. Posts are being put up about pi being too high. If you had to fight through early game mode like most veterans you wouldn't even care about pi. There are multiple counters for everything in the game but complaining its to difficult is the worst counter of all. Not trying to be insulting but when it's the same argument over and over without any willingness to try to better your situation then yes it's crying. Get over it or just move on. It's one months eq that I'm sure will be tuned down for February.
    You've quoted me quoting you and yet accuse me of not reading your riposte; that's a textbook contradiction in terms.

I read your previous submissions but admittedly only skimmed the aforementioned, highlighted contribution. To be frank, where the respondent either lacks the competency or can’t be bothered to observe the most basic rubric of correspondence (to wit paragraphs) it's akin to gazing at a visual eyesore. Moreover, having to put the legwork in to demarcate your ideas and opinions into decipherable chunks only compounds the issue and the eyesore metamorphoses into a headsore.

You appear to be conflating the issues players have raised and treating the complaints as ubiquitous. Broadly speaking, the petitioners can be divided into two groups; group one is comprised of advanced players (Cavalier and above) who were able to autoplay lower end content to garner iso and units. Group two consists of mid-tier and lower accounts (Uncollected and below) who can no longer manually clear the EQ and SQ due to the ramp up.

I've been around since the advent of this game and have worked my way to the TB title at a pace that suits my lifestyle. I have neither the time, energy or inclination to tap away at my screen to explore content which provides little to no challenge. Indeed, doing so is like stepping back in time. The rewards are welcome but the time I would need to expend on it makes it not worth the effort. Plenty of others at a level or situation similar to mine have echoed the same sentiment.

More recently, due to a busy schedule, I've joined a lower tiered alliance, mostly consisting of Conqueror and Uncollected gamers. Prior to Christmas, most were struggling to fully explore the EQ aimed at their progression. The boon over the holiday period buoyed and encouraged them and many felt as if the boost would lift them out of the mediocrity of playing at the lower levels where they were quagmired for a protracted length of time.

When the new EQ dropped, their hopes were instantly smothered when they found they could no longer even complete the EQ aimed at their progression level. Indeed, the EQ below their progression was also proving to be a challenge where previously it had been a doddle. They've had the rug pulled from under their feet and plenty have decreased their engagement or worse barely log in. I don't know their personal circumstances but I'd surmise most are either teenagers or slightly older, who have plenty of other things vying for their attention and time. If we lose these players, my concern is it'll be permanent.

Those are my thoughts; this will be my final interaction with you on this topic as I have no desire to engage in a protracted toing and froing between ourselves..
    Not sure I've commented directly on your post. I will make this short so you and others can understand.

GIT GUD!!!

hope that is more helpful than my previous posts. HAPPY GAMING
    This elicited loud wholesome chuckle.

I'm not struggling with the increased difficulty but rather my gripe is specifically concerns not being able to autofight the lower EQs.

Conversely, reading comprehension is evidently not your strength. But then either is basic grammar. Both those basic skills will hold you in good stead throughout your life so develop them, lest you bumble yourself throughout an interaction and end up looking and sounding flippant, foolish and cognitively deficient..
    Had an argument with that Dshu guy yesterday too, severe dyslexia, just ignore him lol.
    Agreed!

What are your thoughts on the downscaling? The autoplay function appears to be working fine at the Conqueror level EQ on my side..
  • Options
    KienMinhKienMinh Posts: 14
    Bocksarox said:

My main issue with this is that the difficulty increase was not communicated, and if it was, it was done so quietly that many people didn't realize it was happening. Seems like this was an attempt to try to get in more difficult content without people noticing by hiding the changes behind some sort of rebrand. Maybe the plan was "push it through and deal with the backlash". That plan has never worked well in the past and contributes to a major reason players don't trust Kabam in the first place. Kabam promises continued transparency, then goes and does something like this. To top it off, there was no increase in rewards to the lower difficulties that got harder. This is discouraging, to say the least.

dont forget they removed the t6 and t3 fragment from cav and move to TB.. harder and less reward... at least that is what i heard all over the forum youtube and reddit..

• Options
    Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    @Kabam Jax Any thoughts or ideas around Legend runs? I was one of several people that took on the Legend Run prior to any announcement of the reduction of difficulty (specifically Health Pools). Meaning that anyone that took on the content before the changes yesterday had a much steeper climb to clear the content with the added health on defenders.

This would naturally increase their time compared to those that attempt after the change. Has Kabam considered looking at the times people put before the change yesterday and adjust the times according to the changes in difficult or add a list of X summoners that did it before the change and X after (for example X being 100 for each)?
  • Options
    Gmanicus said:

After the supposed retuning of EQ, I tried fighting Absorbing Man again on Uncollected. Nope. Still got my butt handed to me, with him always regenerating back to 50% or greater. I must have revived my team 5 or 6 times and used all sorts of boosts. I quit again. Like someone else said earlier in the thread: the juice isn’t worth the squeeze.

Look, I’ve been playing this game for about 5 years now and I just became Uncollected late last year. I consider myself an average skill level player, but I know a lot of players would tell me I should be Cavalier or higher based on my years playing. You know what? I don’t care. Uncollected fits MY skill level. This is just a game and I play to have fun. I’m not interested in tearing my hair out playing an EQ level I know should be challenging, but doable based on my skill level. With these changes, this level has become an exercise in frustration. Stop trying to force people to progress in the game according to what you want; this is why you have different skill levels (they shouldn’t change). If I want to be a middle tier skill player, I’m good with that.

What was your team?
    Have you tried void, torch with prefight, spiderham, Mr negative, antivenom?
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    I’ve never come across a mobile game or read Console/pc game that requires so much “homework” to try and get communications from the game.

Also, can anyone see this message? I think I’m shadow banned. Lol
This discussion has been closed.