**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Why battlegrounds is the worst format they created.

First of all Battlegrounds CAN be a lot of fun when things go right, however that is very rare.

Way back when BG was in early beta everyone loved it. Then they added the tracks. The victory track is an okay idea with a horribly bad execution. “Lets take the sweatest players, mixed them with the casuals, and have them fight it out for rewards. “

Idk, doesnt sound like much fun for anyone other than the try hards. But thats not the big problem.

Arguably, those two groups would separate after the 1st week or so, so not a major issue. The issue is the design. Having to win 3 matches + or - is ok but having people lose “wins” is a major design flaw for casual players.

Sure the try hards dont care, but the ppl only playing 3 matches a day it becomes bad.

Lets count the feel bads.
1. You lose the match. Ok it happens to everyone but it is a fee bad.

2. Now the awesome win you just got is take away. Hope you enjoyed it while it was there!

3. God help you if the game glitched for some reason between defenders going unblockable to parry not working to abilities not triggering, ive seen it all.

Ohh, and lets not forget about matchmaking.

So why should anyone who is not competitive play this format???

All you do is make ppl feel bad every third match.

Can you can really blame ppl for hacking it when kabam can make it fair and enjoyable from the start.

Obviously, dont hack but if someone just did it for the milestones and didnt affect the competitive players would you blame them???

Kabam has locked the best store in the game behind the most painful experience in the game. All to make an extra few dollars on victory shield.

Its shameful,

I encourage ppl to play it as little as possible

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 797 ★★★
    Best game mode.... Worst Game mode ... best game mode... less filling ... great taste ... less filling

We each enjoy different aspects of the game more than others, and choose how much of each mode to play. Some people grind their soul away in the arena 20 hours a week so they can be "free to play", where others choose to spend some money to skip that mode that.

Some people don't do wars, some do the best they can without using items, and some spend more on war than any other mode.

there will always be a group of players that take it super seriously. They will do tournaments, and might even make some youtube boasting and or ranting videos. That's fine... that doesn't mean we all have to do it.

9 times out of 10 I choose to do my 3 matches every 2 days, get the low hanging fruit rewards, and that's it. Other items I have an itch to play the mode or to get more rewards and do more.

one thing very important is to make sure you are in an alliance of people with similar goals. If 20 people want to shoot for alliance top rank rewards, and 10 people barely want to touch the game mode... that will be a problem, no different than people who have different goals with AQ or AW.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

"Kabam has locked the best store in the game behind the most painful experience in the game. All to make an extra few dollars on victory shield"

This, so this.

I've already pretty much stopped. Dead game mode you feel compelled to play only because of the rewards.

So Kabam has put the "best" rewards behind work... 🤔
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Coppin said:

"Kabam has locked the best store in the game behind the most painful experience in the game. All to make an extra few dollars on victory shield"

This, so this.

I've already pretty much stopped. Dead game mode you feel compelled to play only because of the rewards.

It's a lot more than that bro
    Its really not.. the OP says.. for people who play 3 matches a day..just cause u participate doesnt mean u deserve the rewards... 3 matches a day each tier takes 3 wins.. so if u r playing 3 a day your expectation is what? Win all 3 every day and get to GC?... Win 2 lose 1... It's a competition between 1000s of players.. so losing points is bad? That would pretty much guarantee that EVERYONE gets to GC... And I see that as reward entitlement...
    And there is a KEY part on his post...

"So why should anyone who is not competitive play this format???"

Its the closest thing to a PVP competition!!!.. why would u participate if you are not being competitive?.. just to get the tshirt that says u were there and swipe the rewards??
  • Options
    Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Posts: 390 ★★★
    K00shMaan said:

The solution is incredibly simple too. Add an Unranked version of the game mode (different than Friendlies). Game mode can be otherwise identical other than the fact that there is no consequence for winning and losing. Removes a lot of the stress of always having to be "on" when sometimes you just want to play.

Good idea. I could stand by that.
  • Options
    altavista said:

The mode is fun.
    The meta stuff is not fun (victory streaks, progression in VT and in GC).

What people commonly ignore when complaining about “great rewards bad experience” is that if you want a better experience (for example separating players into different tiers) that will probably mean worse rewards. Just look at how unrewarding Incursions seems to be.

Easier often means less rewards.

You can bet that if the mode was ‘easier’ for Paragon or Uncollected if matchmaking changed, they wouldn’t be happy with Thronebreaker level rewards being decreased to Cavalier level rewards.

Don't agree with this analysis. I personally feel like this seasons is harder than last season...therefore I did a lot better last season. However, the rewards have remained the same every season, including this one.

I agree that Incursions is unrewarding...usually...unless you are desperate for gold 😆
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    @Rav514

Absolutely 100% agree!!!
  • Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 582 ★★★
    K00shMaan said:

The solution is incredibly simple too. Add an Unranked version of the game mode (different than Friendlies). Game mode can be otherwise identical other than the fact that there is no consequence for winning and losing. Removes a lot of the stress of always having to be "on" when sometimes you just want to play.

With no rewards?
  • Options
    Rav514 said:

No they put it behind system deliberately designed to set you back.

If you lose the boss fight in eop do you have to start the quest over?

If you lose in 6.4.6 do you have to complete 6.4.5 again b4 being allowed to do 6.4.6?

The work is their either way, but making ppl redo what they have already accomplished for 0 rewards is just dumb.

U even justify modders cause of the level of frustration.. yeah i'm pretty sure people beat 6.4.6 with mods just for the gaming experience...
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    You can't have a 2nd mode w/o rewards, but there needs to be a lower level for those who don't want to compete with the big players.

Make the current BGs completely random matchmaking in the VT, which feeds into the GC.

Make the 2nd BGs prestige matchmaking w/o access to the GC and lower rewards.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    JollyHawk said:

K00shMaan said:

With no rewards?
    More or less. I think it's fine if the mode works for your 48 Hour Objectives. It can maybe even contribute to Alliance and Solo Events but to a lesser degree than the ranked mode.