**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Why battlegrounds is the worst format they created.

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    GruesomeHeroesGruesomeHeroes Posts: 39
    edited March 2023
    Losing means Learning.
    But that only holds true when its against genuine players.
    Losing to players who bring 2* in their decks sucks. Yes, its still happening! I just got matched up three times with players who had 2* in their deck and one of them, after winning, kept sending emotes like he had achieved something great!, you know, like kids who tease you after winning. Losing to that player was still okay, but whats with this teasing?? I know its sounds petty and some of the "open-minded" people would argue that its a part of the game. Its not! Learn humility.

Luckily, I have never been matched up against a modder but that wouldn't hurt as much as these sandbaggers (rating manipulation by adding 2*) and teasers.
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Stellar said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners.

We have chatted a lot, and seen a lot of conversations, about how this game is growing to a point where you cannot reasonably expect to do everything in a given month. We have seen the growing pains for Summoners who don't want to prioritize or make choices about what to play and what to let slip. MCOC is growing to a point where you should play the game modes you enjoy most. There's something for everyone, even if you're not looking for a competitive mode.

One of the problems with BG is that you made them mandatory with the use of relics prestige in AQ.

Even if one don’t like competitive mode like BG, he will have to do BG in order to rank up its relics and keep a high enough prestige to continue high level AQ
    And because of the actual system of win/loss in victory track, that summoner will spend lots of time and ressources for a game mode he doesn’t like.
    And even then high relic’s components (for R4 5 stars relics and 6 stars relics) will still be out of reach because you have to be high enough in the gladiator circuit leaderboard to ear those components.

One way to fix that would be to not loose our wins in the victory track

That leave the gladiator circuit competitive as you will still gain/loose points
    Summoners not really interested in BG can still do the victory track to get relics and trophy tokens
    Update the BG shop so we can buy high level alloys.

Of course those summoners not in the top leaderboard will get less components and relics than the top leaderboard but at least they will still be able to keep their prestige for AQ
    It is an interesting decision to punish the people who have spent a lot on the game with current matchmaking, you cannot be high prestige without spending.
    We were always driven to build biggest and most ranked up roster. Now with bugs bad draft and matchmaking I am stuck in silver 1. Play tier plat1/2 war but end of the day so does most I match. With the comments from Kabam, I feel that maybe it is time to leave, I know many Paragons and spenders are at the same point.
    That suggestion do not punish anyone !

To the contrary, it allows those who are in top prestige alliance to be able to rank up relic in order to maintain a high prestige without having to spend times and ressources on a despised game mode made mandatory by Kabam !

Those who like this game mode and will spend time and ressources playing it will be rewarded by much more rewards than those doing the minimum.

No one is punished.

Another suggestion would be to not make relic’s prestige count for AQ
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    Stellar said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners.

We have chatted a lot, and seen a lot of conversations, about how this game is growing to a point where you cannot reasonably expect to do everything in a given month. We have seen the growing pains for Summoners who don't want to prioritize or make choices about what to play and what to let slip. MCOC is growing to a point where you should play the game modes you enjoy most. There's something for everyone, even if you're not looking for a competitive mode.

One of the problems with BG is that you made them mandatory with the use of relics prestige in AQ.

Even if one don’t like competitive mode like BG, he will have to do BG in order to rank up its relics and keep a high enough prestige to continue high level AQ
    And because of the actual system of win/loss in victory track, that summoner will spend lots of time and ressources for a game mode he doesn’t like.
    And even then high relic’s components (for R4 5 stars relics and 6 stars relics) will still be out of reach because you have to be high enough in the gladiator circuit leaderboard to ear those components.

One way to fix that would be to not loose our wins in the victory track

That leave the gladiator circuit competitive as you will still gain/loose points
    Summoners not really interested in BG can still do the victory track to get relics and trophy tokens
    Update the BG shop so we can buy high level alloys.

Of course those summoners not in the top leaderboard will get less components and relics than the top leaderboard but at least they will still be able to keep their prestige for AQ
    Just ask them to give u the rewards from VT for free when u log in every season...
    What's the point of having a competition when losing matches have no negative effect... It would be just a grind...
    I wonder how people would feel if they said..
    Fine we will take out the loss punishment from VT, but losing a match will give 0 points towards Alliance and Solo event milestones...
  • Options
    ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 173
    This last node combo is horrendous. Nearly everyone i face is pausing the game right after they do their damage. It’s so frustrating knowing that this was chosen and approved as “good” … litteraly sucking all the enjoyment from the mode out. I’m not even losing alot at the moment but I’m waiting until the end of the countdown nearly every time. Just a really bad choice of nodes.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,958 Guardian
    ChuckD05 said:

This last node combo is horrendous. Nearly everyone i face is pausing the game right after they do their damage. It’s so frustrating knowing that this was chosen and approved as “good” … litteraly sucking all the enjoyment from the mode out. I’m not even losing alot at the moment but I’m waiting until the end of the countdown nearly every time. Just a really bad choice of nodes.

If you're fine at facing unblockable, then it isn't hard to beat those who pause. If you bring miles, it'll be the easiest solo you'd ever face.
  • Options
    A_J1991A_J1991 Posts: 3
    I’m going to throw a potentially radical suggestion/solution to this whole debate. Maybe it’s been suggested already, I couldn’t be bothered to trawl through all 8 pages.

So, why not balance the playing field out by only allowing decks of 4*? The game mode will then purely be down to nothing but skill and strategy as the playing field will be level! I’ll be surprised if even the most casual players don’t have 30 rank 5 4*. There can’t be complaints about sandbaggers or unfair matches just parity across the board!

A 3/30 4* against a 5/50 4* isn’t a big a gulf as taking on a 4/55 6* with a 5/65 5* or a 2/35 6*, I don’t think.

Then the game mode can both be more fun, as it’s more even but also, theoretically, even more competitive, for those that like it that way.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    When people don't know how to play or make good decisions under pressure, they come here and complain.

Git Gud.
  • Options

When people don't know how to play or make good decisions under pressure, they come here and complain.

Git Gud.

Nope, that’s not true. Some people complain, but also come to ask questions. If you took the time to even read this thread you’d see that there are people voicing actual complaints and issues with the game mode that even Kabam have acknowledged as well.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Git Gud.

Nope, that’s not true. Some people complain, but also come to ask questions. If you took the time to even read this thread you’d see that there are people voicing actual complaints and issues with the game mode that even Kabam have acknowledged as well.
    Yes there are issues, but there's a thread on battleground problems/bad matchmaking every hour.

Can ppl just stop complaining for a day?

I just went 30-1 in BGs, are there issues, yes?
    Can you get good despite the issues, well looking at this thread, maybe not?

It's a human mindset, you lose, you blame the system, you win, well, in mcoc , blame the system.