**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Removal of Revive Farming and the Apothecary Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 266 ★★★
    Seems it continues to be the same thing.
  • Options
    GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
    While I spent about 20 bucks a month nothing huge, this decision will loose the majority of f2p crowd and probably folks like me.
    For the game, this will essentially mean the end of wars and quests battle grounds as players would be able in improve their rosters without banking on rewards.
    This will have far greater consequences than just story quest and Everest content mark my words
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,671 Guardian

Pikolu said:

How is that fair?

It isn't fair. The decision sucks and imo they should have gotten rid of it in like May so there would be plenty of time. I know with 12.0 they gave us months notice; however just like 12.0 it is a change that needs to happen for the health of the game. It isn't fair that people got to destroy content with Scarlet Witch and Thor and we only have wimpy champions like herc now in comparison (yes herc is a wimp compared to pre 12.0 Scarlet witch and Thor).

Hopefully this decision will mean we see more balanced fights in everest content and not fights where the only way to win is spam herc with revives.
    Yeah, that's totally what'll happen.
    🤣 you're not wrong, I know I already said it once already, but I'm ready for more dimensional being challenge against blade matchups. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a zemo who puts an armor break on himself every 4 seconds. Good luck dealing with the root all the time 🤣
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 552 ★★★
    edited March 2023

Lpoo said:

This thread has shown me that a lot of "I, for one, welcome this long overdue enforcement of karmic justice" people know players that somehow no skill slopped their way through EOP, Gauntlet, Abyss, etc. by drowning the content in infinite revives that they got for nothing even though you would still need to use a ton of energy items to farm any significant amount of revives in a short time, but those lames also basically cheated by abusing the Humanoid Hack Hercules, again with no skill.

I wonder if they all know the same no skill dudes?

What?
    What's confusing? This thread has anecdotes blaming the masses of people throwing hundreds of revives at content instead of getting good and that Hercules is also to blame because he's so OP that even the scrubbiest noob can moonwalk through Everest content easily with their maxed out 6 star, so this whole debacle is a Machiavellian scheme to hamstring the scrubs and keep them from getting unearned rewards.
    Bro is defending the multi million dollar company that is consistently making anti-player moves, as a player himself ☠️
    Okay, we need to stop this anti-player narrative. No game in existence makes decisions to spite Players. People can agree or disagree with decisions, but no one is out to get people.
    Yeah, they’re just out to get our money.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    You also have plenty of companies who know keeping happy customers is the best practice for repeat business. All these issues the game has and the way these things are being handled is being done poorly and people have the right to be upset.
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    edited March 2023
    Their “Everest” content has always seemed a bit stupid to me. I don’t know how burning through hundreds of revives and units to clear content ( or quitting a incursion fight 30 times to stop the opponent’s regeneration ) is considered “skill” lol.
    …seems kinda silly to me
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Lpoo said:

This thread has shown me that a lot of "I, for one, welcome this long overdue enforcement of karmic justice" people know players that somehow no skill slopped their way through EOP, Gauntlet, Abyss, etc. by drowning the content in infinite revives that they got for nothing even though you would still need to use a ton of energy items to farm any significant amount of revives in a short time, but those lames also basically cheated by abusing the Humanoid Hack Hercules, again with no skill.

What?
    What's confusing? This thread has anecdotes blaming the masses of people throwing hundreds of revives at content instead of getting good and that Hercules is also to blame because he's so OP that even the scrubbiest noob can moonwalk through Everest content easily with their maxed out 6 star, so this whole debacle is a Machiavellian scheme to hamstring the scrubs and keep them from getting unearned rewards.
    Bro is defending the multi million dollar company that is consistently making anti-player moves, as a player himself ☠️
    Okay, we need to stop this anti-player narrative. No game in existence makes decisions to spite Players. People can agree or disagree with decisions, but no one is out to get people.
    “No game in existence makes decisions to spite Players”:

🤔
    I'm sorry, does that metric display intentions?
  • Options
    JoeVodkaJoeVodka Posts: 14
    I mean farming revives takes away from all other aspects of the game, if you devote time to farming theme you are subtracting time from arena, bg’s, clearing content etc. There’s a give and take balance there.

That two week timer on the stash makes it even more imperative to stack revives and hit the content you need in a small work/life balance window is already stressful enough.

Like “ok honey can you take the kids today so I can clear some hard video game content.” But don’t worry I didn’t spend $300 like I did last time. That made our marriage stressful by doing that behind your back. This time I found a way to farm revives for two weeks instead; so it looks we can get the kids some new clothes after all!

Farming also avoids certain bad things like people buying “discount units” or having other people complete content for them for a fee of some sort.

That’s what happens when you make the ai so fast that it essentially sucks units like a vacuum leaving people thinking it was just a dropped input and not an over-clocked ai defender. People might pay to win, cheat or they might just walk away.

Just saying there are healthy reasons not to shut down the farm.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    BigBlueOx said:

Lpoo said:

What?
    Why do YOU get to decide what narratives are ok in this discussion? That just seems a bit presumptuous doesn’t it?

They knew this was unpopular, they are gas lighting us by calling it a compromise when it’s not. It’s fair for people to feel like this is an anti-player move, because something is being taken from the player base and what is being offered in return is new player level support and nothing in this compromise offers anything in return to high level players.
    I don't decide anything. If people are going to state conspiracy, I'm going to call it what it is.
    Judge Judy, although abrasive, says "If it doesn't make sense, it's probably not true.". You don't put thousands upon thousands of hours into a job to provide a product for people just to spite them. I'd bet pigs could fly before I bet on that one.
    Part of designing a game, nay being an adult, involves making decisions from time to time that are uncomfortable but necessary. Which means it's not "anti-player" just because it's not what people want.
    If something is necessary for the long-term health of the game, then that supercedes preference. It's easy for Players to say it only benefits them when they're taking full advantage of something. It's not an indication that it's for the best overall.
    People become accustomed to something over time. When you're talking about an easy street to Revs, readily available for the hardest content, then that's not as helpful as it looks on paper. It means things are much less challenging than they need to be. Over time, that not only affects the expectations Players have, it also leaves them at a loss for future content they can design with the intentions they have. No, not "to milk Players", to design long-lasting content that provides adequate challenge.
    People keep citing 12.0, but what they don't acknowledge is even that was a compromise. Not all changes were reverted. There's a reason for that. The game had to change. The last thing a Dev wants is a situation where they're stuck in the corner for the content they can create. Nowhere to go means no game, literally.
    I have no idea what they're planning on adjusting. All I know is it's not gas lighting. It's finding out how much room they have to accommodate what people want and still do what they have to do.
This discussion has been closed.