**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Removal of Revive Farming and the Apothecary Discussion

Comments

• Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

Wiredawg1 said:

Vydra said:

You know, with all these vehement disagreements even amongst players - I seriously worry about the day when Forum Guardians are introduced.

This thread is by far one of the most scandalous issues to have been talked about and I sincerely hope whoever our Guardians are use that power in the most unbiased ways. And hopefully under very guided attention from actual forum mods

There already a few kabam employees on the thread outside of jax. It’s not hard to spot a couple. Just read what they say. Specially when they use the terms like we and saying stuff that only kabam employees would. They not hard to spot at all
    Now that’s wrong. While there are people who may agree with this, that doesn’t make them an employee. They can have their differing opinions. While in the minority, and most of us potentially think are wrong, it is still their option. It doesn’t make them an employee or a shill.
    You obviously didn’t read what I said. The ones are obvious when they say WE based it off this.
  • Shriek_And_DonkShriek_And_Donk Posts: 25
    edited March 2023
    So if I'm hearing this right kabam is saying that using all these revives is a way of making their content less difficult and is taking away the risk for reward. So would kabam care if I spend 100$ on revives to make content easier? Lmfao
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

I’ll say it again just for the sake of emphasis but a real compromise to the problem of content being blown through with enough revives is just to nerf Hercules. Most people don’t want Hercules nerfed but his existence is bad for the game design. You’re crunching the numbers and you’re seeing that it should be about this difficult if you’re using this champion, or much easier if you use Hercules. Most people are taking the Herc route, and by nature it’s inflating the difficulty of the content you’re designing because you don’t want to make it too easy.

For example, I did a couple of my EOP runs with my objective champions from the start. It was over ten times more difficult to get through the first four fights that way than it was for me to bring a 5* Hercules at the start and just turn my brain off instead. You had to make EOP that difficult, because of him.

You guys want to nerf him anyway, but you’re afraid of the backlash. But I honestly think the majority of the playerbase would rather you just get it over with and nerf him so that way you don’t need to design ridiculously difficult content that you pretty much have to revive farm just to get through with Hercules

This is a vicious cycle that Kabam set up. The poor controls and the BS nodes mean you're probably going to die so you might as well use a nuke champ to do as much damage as you can first, potions are everywhere but super suck vs revives that are consistently in a few places that are easy to keep track of. If I'm only using revives, I need a bunch of them, so I'm going to where the revives are, and I'm going often. In many cases, using one revive is cheaper, faster, and objectively more beneficial than filling up with a zillion potions AND a revive for your nuke champs. I can't dip out of the content and go grind for revives, so I need more than I think I'll use, just in case.

If Kabam would make content that didn't favor nuking it down or figuring out the cheese, people wouldn't pursue the nuke or chase cheese.

If Hercules was nerfed to be less than optimal, I would use someone else and still nuke it if that was the most effective route that cost the least and I still wanted to complete the content. If Hercules was still great, just not as, I would probably still use him if he was the best option I had at a useful rank and sig level. I'd use Immortal Hulk but Kabam chose to give him a double dose of all the weaknesses and unreliability they didn't build into Hercules and I still like OG nuke Corvus, but the content that has the good rewards doesn't favor him anymore. There are niche cheese solutions that most players don't have at a useful sig and rarity and the supreme skill solutions that only a handful of players can use effectively. So until Kabam gets more creative and less punishy, people will keep using the best tool available.
    If people not using the best tools available to em that’s really on them not on kabam or other players. And this saying goes to that and as to what kabam doing

Work smarter not harder
  • AustinU823AustinU823 Posts: 84 ★★

I’ll say it again just for the sake of emphasis but a real compromise to the problem of content being blown through with enough revives is just to nerf Hercules. Most people don’t want Hercules nerfed but his existence is bad for the game design. You’re crunching the numbers and you’re seeing that it should be about this difficult if you’re using this champion, or much easier if you use Hercules. Most people are taking the Herc route, and by nature it’s inflating the difficulty of the content you’re designing because you don’t want to make it too easy.

For example, I did a couple of my EOP runs with my objective champions from the start. It was over ten times more difficult to get through the first four fights that way than it was for me to bring a 5* Hercules at the start and just turn my brain off instead. You had to make EOP that difficult, because of him.

You guys want to nerf him anyway, but you’re afraid of the backlash. But I honestly think the majority of the playerbase would rather you just get it over with and nerf him so that way you don’t need to design ridiculously difficult content that you pretty much have to revive farm just to get through with Hercules

This is a vicious cycle that Kabam set up. The poor controls and the BS nodes mean you're probably going to die so you might as well use a nuke champ to do as much damage as you can first, potions are everywhere but super suck vs revives that are consistently in a few places that are easy to keep track of. If I'm only using revives, I need a bunch of them, so I'm going to where the revives are, and I'm going often. In many cases, using one revive is cheaper, faster, and objectively more beneficial than filling up with a zillion potions AND a revive for your nuke champs. I can't dip out of the content and go grind for revives, so I need more than I think I'll use, just in case.

If Kabam would make content that didn't favor nuking it down or figuring out the cheese, people wouldn't pursue the nuke or chase cheese.

If Hercules was nerfed to be less than optimal, I would use someone else and still nuke it if that was the most effective route that cost the least and I still wanted to complete the content. If Hercules was still great, just not as, I would probably still use him if he was the best option I had at a useful rank and sig level. I'd use Immortal Hulk but Kabam chose to give him a double dose of all the weaknesses and unreliability they didn't build into Hercules and I still like OG nuke Corvus, but the content that has the good rewards doesn't favor him anymore. There are niche cheese solutions that most players don't have at a useful sig and rarity and the supreme skill solutions that only a handful of players can use effectively. So until Kabam gets more creative and less punishy, people will keep using the best tool available.
    Players will seek the simplest solution to the problem at hand whether it’s Hercules, Corvus, or whoever. That’s their prerogative. The difference with Hercules is that a single 20% revive in his hands is going to go much much further than that revive in Corvus’s. Because Hercules is this way, the entire mindset of creating the content changes and the difficulty has to spike up to accommodate the cheese potential. Nerfing Hercules is going to make a large chunk of the playerbase sore but it’d be ultimately beneficial when you’re able to use your favorite champs with a little bit of skill again instead of tossing revives at Hercules until your path is cleared.
  • DOC83DOC83 Posts: 33
    When they say end game players farm 100k to 300k revives daily. What is number of players farming 300k revives daily? 100 players or 100k players. It most like 300k players are farming 300k revives that why they decided to make the change and give 1 revive daily. But if that not the case. Even then every player should able to farm as many revives as they want. If you really wanted to nerd just nerf the energy refills. By that I means stop spawning energy refills. You can only spend around 200 energy a day so that like 4-5 revives a day. Which more than fair. And if you really care about improving people auto playing old story Content then just bring back the auto complete and you will get one revive guarantee every time complete and can be done innumerable times as long as you have can spend energy. I mean that is more than fair considering you dnt get a lot of energy every day and decrease or eliminate the amount of energy refills you can farm ingame in story content. At least 5 revives a day with 1-2 level 4 or 5 potion is more than fair. The energy refills expire in 14 days. So even if you 5 revives a day excluding fails events that like 70 revives in the overflow for 2 weeks per player. So if like 1000 players are farming 300k revives daily for 14 days that 42k revives per players in 14 days. This why you are nerfing. We understand it needs to be addressed but at least address it like civil adults not like children. Because even with 100 revives that Content is not doable. See player streams where they spent 150+ revives to clear Content.
  • OsUlloaOsUlloa Posts: 3
    Wasn't easier to eliminate Cavalier/Thronebeaker and Paragon from being able to get items from Book 1 Quests? That way if we jeeded to get revives.. well Book 2 would be our options for farmin and a smaller chance of revives on Realm of Legens and Labyrinth?
This discussion has been closed.