**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

What did you do with your 7* shards?

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    AnlyAnly Posts: 615 ★★
    Already opened all 7* crystals
    M8's over at kabam having a proper laugh at this one
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Anly said:

Not sure how this is still up 😂

The mods have just been hibernating for days now
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,635 ★★★★★

Blows my mind how people are still so hung up on which imaginary "Tier" a Champion is.

Good addition. Completely agree, the RPG like rock, paper, scissors movement of the game makes so many champ soooo useful. Sometimes the use of a term is just the simplest way to discuss with another. But I don’t think it will matter in this instance.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,645 ★★★★★

Blows my mind how people are still so hung up on which imaginary "Tier" a Champion is.

Not me. We've got limited resources and it's extremely helpful.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,465 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Tell me something, if Tatiana is God Tier.. what would you call Torch and Scorpion?

Beyond God tier?

The player whose tier lists you reference does not use the term God-tier, precisely because of this nonsense. Once upon a time, people actually *did* have "god tier" and "beyond god tier" categories, because of silly debates like this. At the top of KT1's tier list is "top of game" and "meta" almost certainly to dodge those debates.

Actually, now that I think about it, I bet you don't even know what the "meta" tier even means. I'm not an expert on KT1's tier lists, but just at a glance it seems obvious to me. But since you're saying the 7* basic has no "god tier" champs and you're using KT1's tier list to support that notion, when KT1 says, in his opinion, that Bishop, Domino, Overseer, Titania and Falcon are "meta" tier champs, what does that mean? Does that mean they are not "god-tier" champs?

Also sitting in the meta tier are champs like Omega Red, iBom, Shang Chi, and Omega Sentinel. Are these second class champs? Are you saying it is not worth shooting for them if they were in the 7* basic crystal? They are just "meta"?

Perhaps you could explain why you think champs like Domino are not "god-tier." is it just because they are not in KT1's highest tier on his spreadsheet? What if he made another column called "tippy top" and just put Hercules in it. Would you wait until Hercules was added to the crystal because that was the only "god-tier" champ?
    The tier list he references does not have a god tier. Therefore there will never be a god tier champ in the crystal and he willl never use his 7* shards. Fine with me.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Good addition. Completely agree, the RPG like rock, paper, scissors movement of the game makes so many champ soooo useful. Sometimes the use of a term is just the simplest way to discuss with another. But I don’t think it will matter in this instance.
    I feel like its less about useful and more about the most useful, Champ X can do this content but Champ Y can also do this content, the only difference is Champ Y can do more content and do it better than Champ X so objectively Champ Y is the better decision, and you can even see that example with people who dont follow mr.justins philosophys.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Anly said:

BigBlueOx said:

I feel like its less about useful and more about the most useful, Champ X can do this content but Champ Y can also do this content, the only difference is Champ Y can do more content and do it better than Champ X so objectively Champ Y is the better decision, and you can even see that example with people who dont follow mr.justins philosophys.
    That is how a lot of people handle their rosters, definitely doesn't mean that's the right way. I personally just started taking my 6* Sabertooth up simply because he's fun to play and can complete the content I want him to complete. And right after that I took up Nick Fury because I got an awakening gem for him. It's a balance.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,986 Guardian
    Anly said:

BigBlueOx said:

It is really about what's useful to you. One of my first R4 rank ups was Overseer. Why? Because I do path one in map 6. Having an optimal counter with a huge margin for error basically saves me tons of glory and stress.

I took my 7* Domino to R2. She'll be great on defense, she's probably going to straight up win me some matches in BG, and she's a long-term play for future progression titles which will either require ranked up 7* champs next, or require ranked up 7* champs eventually. All upside, no downside.

It is one thing to choose between two options you actually have. But it is a different choice to choose between an option you have and an option you don't have and are still chasing. In the first case you can ask yourself which one will be more useful in the short and long run. But in the second case, you have to factor in the opportunity cost. If you don't rank up the champ you have, what do you lose while you wait. If the answer is nothing, then that means that champ would have been a worthless rank up in the first place. The champs you rank up should offer you something in return, even if that thing is the fun of playing the champ. But when the choice is between a champ that will be useful now and another champ that might be useful in the future when you pull him, that question is a much more subjective question for individual players to answer for themselves.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Anly said:

BigBlueOx said:

I can’t take you seriously after your post about Titania.
    Did you read anything in that post? Ill break the entire post down down since you were to lazy to read it, firstly i asked a question, i corrected myself numerous times in the post and i even explained how i didnt catch on to the fact that she has content she was specifically built for, i admitted where i was wrong as well, yet somehow im the villain, you guys are the childish ones you cant admit when you're wrong, you need to for some reason prove to that knuckle head that you're right and they're wrong and not only are you still stuck on my post but you're stuck on this one, you keep giving this kid fuel and still have the audacity to act like you're still in the right here.

• Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Keeping them for better champs in the 7* pool

DNA3000 said:

Tell me something, if Tatiana is God Tier.. what would you call Torch and Scorpion?

Beyond God tier?

The player whose tier lists you reference does not use the term God-tier, precisely because of this nonsense. Once upon a time, people actually *did* have "god tier" and "beyond god tier" categories, because of silly debates like this. At the top of KT1's tier list is "top of game" and "meta" almost certainly to dodge those debates.

Actually, now that I think about it, I bet you don't even know what the "meta" tier even means. I'm not an expert on KT1's tier lists, but just at a glance it seems obvious to me. But since you're saying the 7* basic has no "god tier" champs and you're using KT1's tier list to support that notion, when KT1 says, in his opinion, that Bishop, Domino, Overseer, Titania and Falcon are "meta" tier champs, what does that mean? Does that mean they are not "god-tier" champs?

Also sitting in the meta tier are champs like Omega Red, iBom, Shang Chi, and Omega Sentinel. Are these second class champs? Are you saying it is not worth shooting for them if they were in the 7* basic crystal? They are just "meta"?

Perhaps you could explain why you think champs like Domino are not "god-tier." is it just because they are not in KT1's highest tier on his spreadsheet? What if he made another column called "tippy top" and just put Hercules in it. Would you wait until Hercules was added to the crystal because that was the only "god-tier" champ?
    The tier list he references does not have a god tier. Therefore there will never be a god tier champ in the crystal and he willl never use his 7* shards. Fine with me.
    Every tier list has a different name for the top most tier. When I say “God tier” I’m referring to the top most tier.

Hope that helps with the confusion.

• Options

So Star struck right now, I’m a big fan!!!
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    I've opened all of the crystals. While there aren't any Hulkling or Nick Furys in the pool, there are still a lot of champions that I'd love to pull. I was going to list them all, but I think it'll honestly be a shorter list if I just name the ones I wouldn't be terribly excited to pull: Gambit, Guilly 2099, Iron Man IW and Venom the Duck. That doesn't mean that I'd be ecstatic by pulling every other champion, but those three are the only ones I don't really see myself using going forward. The rest are on a spectrum from Okay to Awesome, in my opinion/for my account.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,421 ★★★★★
    Anly said:

BigBlueOx said:

Anly said:

BigBlueOx said:

Did you read anything in that post? Ill break the entire post down down since you were to lazy to read it, firstly i asked a question, i corrected myself numerous times in the post and i even explained how i didnt catch on to the fact that she has content she was specifically built for, i admitted where i was wrong as well, yet somehow im the villain, you guys are the childish ones you cant admit when you're wrong, you need to for some reason prove to that knuckle head that you're right and they're wrong and not only are you still stuck on my post but you're stuck on this one, you keep giving this kid fuel and still have the audacity to act like you're still in the right here.

You tried defending that "knuckledhead" to me and saying that I had to do better.....
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,488 ★★★★
    I suspect if OP started out with "I'm Cav/TB, and this is my perspective, " that eliminates a lot of unnecessary sniping about 7* god-tier nonsense. It then boils down to "I have 9k 7*shards and have little access to paragon crystals so i have little choice but to hold on to them for now, tell me it's ok." For some, like myself, who are now starting to re-hoard 7* shards until the next time I'm rewarded for opening them en masse, but also have no problem with access to said shards/pgon crystals (paragon, i believe is the term), it's a different scenario.
    So yes, if 7* shards don't fall from trees for you, by all means hold on to them and tell yourself whatever you need to to justify to others why you're not brag-posting pulls.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
  • Options

Anly said:

BigBlueOx said:

Anly said:

BigBlueOx said:

You tried defending that "knuckledhead" to me and saying that I had to do better.....
    When did i defend them? Just because im not on your side dosent mean im on theirs, so yes you do need to be better.
  • Options
    Anly said:

BigBlueOx said:

Anly said:

BigBlueOx said:

Anly said:

BigBlueOx said:

Yep. That’s what happened… So glad that you could bring the same “adult” behavior here.
    So because i called you out its not adult behavior?
    No, you just simply cant admit when you're wrong, you simply dont have enough free will.

You're the one who mentioned the post in the first place, nothing going on in this thread is adult behavior you kids are still here 4 days later letting this kid get the better of you, how is that in any way "adult"?
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,635 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Edited. Moving on.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

I suspect if OP started out with "I'm Cav/TB, and this is my perspective, " that eliminates a lot of unnecessary sniping about 7* god-tier nonsense. It then boils down to "I have 9k 7*shards and have little access to paragon crystals so i have little choice but to hold on to them for now, tell me it's ok." For some, like myself, who are now starting to re-hoard 7* shards until the next time I'm rewarded for opening them en masse, but also have no problem with access to said shards/pgon crystals (paragon, i believe is the term), it's a different scenario.
    So yes, if 7* shards don't fall from trees for you, by all means hold on to them and tell yourself whatever you need to to justify to others why you're not brag-posting pulls.

I’m a paragon with 40k 7* shards.

But I wholeheartedly agree with your last sentence.
This discussion has been closed.