So how exactly are they going to fix this mess?

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,403 ★★★★★

Yeah I'm just going to ignore him, I suggest everyone does the same from this point and on. If we leave him talking to a brick wall I'm sure eventually he'll give up.

I can't help a slight feeling of despair that I checked in on the forums this morning, saw 123 new comments out of 156 and my first thought was "I wonder if GW got involved..." 🙄
    Yeah, just another episode of GW vs Everyone
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 979 ★★★★
    Fryday said:

So how about a bit of compromise in the middle.

Yes, I can imagine that Kabam would be able to remove champions, ISO and Gold that these players got from these crystals, but might struggle to roll back all of the progress gain these players may or maybe not have gotten from it (including Solo contents and BG). Therfore these players in theory could still have gained some benefits from this exploit.

So since Kabam have a list of players that have selected, received and open some/most/all of these Mythic crystals. Kabam could send out a small (crystals & resources) package to all the players that didn't exploit this bugs, it could be based on progression level. As a "simple" way just to balance thing out.

Win win for everyone. :D

This is was my idea for the solution way back in Page 2. (gosh that felt like a life time ago, when we were young and hopeful...that this mess were going to be fix properly). :D:D:D
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,505 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    That's not at all what it is. I pointed out how obsessive this is becoming, and it's not productive. We're talking about the actions they're taking on other peoples' Accounts. Not some game bug that needs fixed.
    They don't owe anyone any explanation on that. This idea of people getting something for not breaking the rules is pretty strange to be honest. It was a cute idea with the Rifts, but it's not something I see happening all the time.
    In any case, it's not GW vs. everyone. Someone has to interject some common sense.
    To be honest, I could see them making some kind of comment on what's been done. I just don't think it's up to us to determine what actions they should take. That's the point I was making.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,703 ★★★★★
    It's wild that this thread is still going strong when it's essentially just complaining. Granted, semi on topic but hardly helping anything. I don't think any legitimate players want the exploiters to keep their 7*s but we've heard literal silence so far, so what's the point in carrying on arguing?
    Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

To be honest, I could see them making some kind of comment on what's been done. I just don't think it's up to us to determine what actions they should take. That's the point I was making.

Why are you constantly defending multimillionaire company? Do they pay you? Be honest
    The people who work there get a salary. That money goes to their parent company, Netmarble. The only thing I'm defending is logic.
    Okay lets say you are right about all of this. What do you still get for defending a company that doesnt even care about you? And sees you as pure profit potential?
    Okay, this whole us vs. them perspective is not one I carry. I look at all sides. Not just Players, not just Kabam.
    It's not a money-hungry entity that exists through the ether. They're human beings on the other side of the country that work a job the best they can. They are not infallible. They're not cold and aloof.
    I don't take any stance for the sake of it. I look beyond just what people want on here.
  • RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 ★★★

Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Why are you constantly defending multimillionaire company? Do they pay you? Be honest
    The people who work there get a salary. That money goes to their parent company, Netmarble. The only thing I'm defending is logic.
    Okay lets say you are right about all of this. What do you still get for defending a company that doesnt even care about you? And sees you as pure profit potential?
    Okay, this whole us vs. them perspective is not one I carry. I look at all sides. Not just Players, not just Kabam.
    It's not a money-hungry entity that exists through the ether. They're human beings on the other side of the country that work a job the best they can. They are not infallible. They're not cold and aloof.
    I don't take any stance for the sake of it. I look beyond just what people want on here.
    Yeah you are right. They work a job the best they can to get as much profit as possible. And since caring about you or me doesnt give any profit that wont happen. Also can you explain what exactlt "i look beyond just what people want on here" means? Im curious if this whole thing isnt just reminding normal players the reality of a company not caring enough about them and their issues for just fun?
    Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Yeah you are right. They work a job the best they can to get as much profit as possible. And since caring about you or me doesnt give any profit that wont happen. Also can you explain what exactlt "i look beyond just what people want on here" means? Im curious if this whole thing isnt just reminding normal players the reality of a company not caring enough about them and their issues for just fun?
    That really sounds more like a judgment you have than anything.
    What I mean is pretty simple. There's more to look at than what people want. By default on here, if you don't express immediate support for the outcome people want to see, you're seen as against them. Which is as harsh a judgment as claiming they don't care about anyone.
  • Caleb1705Caleb1705 Member Posts: 259 ★★★

Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

That really sounds more like a judgment you have than anything.
    What I mean is pretty simple. There's more to look at than what people want. By default on here, if you don't express immediate support for the outcome people want to see, you're seen as against them. Which is as harsh a judgment as claiming they don't care about anyone.
    I know we've had our disagreements in the past, but it's so wild to me that we both came here and said "kabam didn't do enough but they probably aren't going to do anything more so we'll just have to learn to live with it" and got such drastically different responses.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,824 ★★★★★
    This thread is just everyone saying the same thing over 6boages and nothing new.
  • NukeNuke Member Posts: 69

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,403 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike could we get an update on the situation? There's no doubt here that some low accounts have kept some of the 7* (and 6* based on some of the posts that were made on Friday) they got after the exploit.
  • NukeNuke Member Posts: 69
    I don’t remember BS like this since the whole SW debacle.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,824 ★★★★★
    Fryday said:

Yep that is usually happen when something is wrong, Kabam not dealt with it properly and not provide the community with an update response.

Well...they said it's going to take some time. They technically don't owe us a explanation of the process. I'd assume they aren't done since there's so many working parts to it.
    I didn't say anything about a conspiracy theory. I said the Thread is based on assumptions, and some of the views have been exaggerated.
This discussion has been closed.