So how exactly are they going to fix this mess?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,506 ★★★★★
    Thomildo said:

No one is getting shafted. The persistence on this is uncomfortable.

Oh really?
    If i had exploited this i could have say 3 more 7* on my bg deck at the price of having my account locked for a day. I haven’t seen any compelling evidence either way yet.
    Hence, the shaft.
    "If I had exploited this...." is one of the most foolish phrases I've heard on here. There's no justification for exploiting anything. Ever. Not what was done to resolve a bug, not what someone might or might not have gotten to keep, nothing justifies it.
    This is awkward to watch. "Tell us what you did with someone else's Accounts, and if you didn't take every little thing, you owe us!"
    We have evidence they've taken action in removing things. This persistent demand for details is what's awkward.
    Coppin said:

Telling people they were shafted or not is pretty awkward, specially from someone who is not an endgame player and pretty sure doesnt whale out on special sales...

Disagree. People are arguing they missed out because they didn't cheat. That's literally the apex of entitlement.
    Coppin said:

People are complaining cause they spent money on 4th of july deals and paid for stuff exploiters got to keep. You are putting all the people complaining in the same bag... Like i said.. its pretty awkward for you to decide who got shafted or not

People are arguing they spent money instead of an unforeseeable circumstance they could have taken advantage of, broken the rules, and took a chance some reason might arise they would get to keep something?
    No one is shafted. That's the entitlement I'm talking about.
    That's an exaggeration, and just because I had one or two 5*s on my Roster who were particularly useful doesn't mean I can't handle my own.
    mbgibson said:

We have evidence they've taken action in removing things. This persistent demand for details is what's awkward.

A response can both acknowledge their efforts as well as explain some of the short comings. No communication is almost never a good thing in any relationship (family/work/community). I believe I even saw a post where someone claimed they had champs removed that they obtained before the exploit. There really seems to be a lot of questions all the way around. It can be as simple as this:
    "We are pleased to say that we have taken action against all players who abused this exploit and all unranked champions were removed. However there was technical difficulties removing ranked characters that prevented us from doing so. We also want to assure all players that no additional champions obtained before the exploit were removed. Moving forward with large exploits we will use what we learned from this situation and have the ability to take better corrective actions. As a last remark please note that any behavior that is viewed as an exploit will be addressed and is something we take seriously and can potentially result in bans if needed."

Something along those lines seems appropriate to me.
    Again, I don't think that's an unreasonable ask. What I'm more averse to is the idea that we're owed something from it.
    Coppin said:

mbgibson said:

A response can both acknowledge their efforts as well as explain some of the short comings. No communication is almost never a good thing in any relationship (family/work/community). I believe I even saw a post where someone claimed they had champs removed that they obtained before the exploit. There really seems to be a lot of questions all the way around. It can be as simple as this:
    "We are pleased to say that we have taken action against all players who abused this exploit and all unranked champions were removed. However there was technical difficulties removing ranked characters that prevented us from doing so. We also want to assure all players that no additional champions obtained before the exploit were removed. Moving forward with large exploits we will use what we learned from this situation and have the ability to take better corrective actions. As a last remark please note that any behavior that is viewed as an exploit will be addressed and is something we take seriously and can potentially result in bans if needed."

Again, I don't think that's an unreasonable ask. What I'm more averse to is the idea that we're owed something from it.
    You are not, people who spent money and keep the lights on yeah they are owed something...
    Stop trying to piss people off to the point of getting the thread closed.. everyone knows how you act on situations like this.
    There is no reason for exploiters to stop exploiting with the precedent... But you will evade this point
    Who said I was F2P? I spend. I'm just not blowing this up into something about me when it has nothing to do with me.
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

mbgibson said:

You are not, people who spent money and keep the lights on yeah they are owed something...
    Stop trying to piss people off to the point of getting the thread closed.. everyone knows how you act on situations like this.
    There is no reason for exploiters to stop exploiting with the precedent... But you will evade this point
    Who said I was F2P? I spend. I'm just not blowing this up into something about me when it has nothing to do with me.
    I said you didn't whale out or play end game, never called you F2P...
    If it has nothing to do with you why do you keep on argueing with people being affected?... Kinds awkward
    Agree to disagree. I'm not doing circles today.
  • Omega_RunnerOmega_Runner Member Posts: 143 ★★

Coppin said:

People are complaining cause they spent money on 4th of july deals and paid for stuff exploiters got to keep. You are putting all the people complaining in the same bag... Like i said.. its pretty awkward for you to decide who got shafted or not

People are arguing they spent money instead of an unforeseeable circumstance they could have taken advantage of, broken the rules, and took a chance some reason might arise they would get to keep something?
    Yep, there is too much entitlement along with carelessness and it is not from player side but KABAM side.

If they are selling resources for a price, it is their job to keep resources in check. Also players are 100% entitled for request raised in this discussion chain.

Also, cut your **** by bringing legal terms in between.
    Normally those are kept to defend against very very dire circumstances.

If all companies start pulling out their legal terms every now and then then mostly it signifies end of that company.
  • ThomildoThomildo Member Posts: 502 ★★★
    edited August 2023
    They’re not letting me quote posts on this thread anymore, but i think you’re spot on @Coppin

Coppin said:

Yep, there is too much entitlement along with carelessness and it is not from player side but KABAM side.

If they are selling resources for a price, it is their job to keep resources in check. Also players are 100% entitled for request raised in this discussion chain.

If all companies start pulling out their legal terms every now and then then mostly it signifies end of that company.
    I'd like to know what legal terms you're referring to.
    Coppin said:

I will clarify that when I say "I am owed something" I don't mean compensation or anything like that; but I feel I am owed an answer about how this was handled and how it will be handled in the future.

Even if you say I am owed a compensation and if kabam not Fully able to fix this issue then that is a valid request, no second thought on it.
  • ThomildoThomildo Member Posts: 502 ★★★
    Clarification on this matter has been asked for days, but still nothing.

Coppin said:

When you say "As a player you are not entitled to anything"

This brings in their term "All rights and account are owned by Kabam".

So Kabam can do anything with this game and all accounts and hence as a player "You are not entitled to anything".

I hope this clears your doubt.

Coppin said:

So Kabam can do anything with this game and all accounts and hence as a player "You are not entitled to anything".

That's not a legal term. It's referring to entitlement. As in feeling entitled.
  • GvnxGvnx Member Posts: 7

Coppin said:

Bro dont wast your time anymore, this topic Is over let them process that

Coppin said:

That's not a legal term. It's referring to entitlement. As in feeling entitled.
    Yep, feeling entitled comes to customer if they purchase some product from a reputed company and it should always be there
This discussion has been closed.