So how exactly are they going to fix this mess?

Comments

• ThomildoThomildo Member Posts: 502 ★★★
    Coppin said:

U guys know what's actually comical about this issue?...
    Remember a few months ago.. they decided the "best" course of action to penalize some cheaters was to take away their 7* shards... And i say "best" cause it clearly was the "easiest"... We actually cheered and laughed at those cheaters that came to the forums to cry about it...
    Now the "best" course of action is let them keep those 7*... Its actually comical...

https://youtu.be/A8MO7fkZc5o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    I also have to wonder if that conversion happened for players who hadn't yet bought the discounted crystals if they had 10k shards. And if the conversion did account for the discounted price, did they lower the amount of discounted crystals they could get from the store? All things considered, there's a chance some players are getting 4 7*s for 40k shards.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,506 ★★★★★

We have evidence they've taken action in removing things. This persistent demand for details is what's awkward.

I mean how dare you ask for details in a competitive game. It's awkward and weird you know! Eeeeww
    You mean details about the actions they take on other Accounts?
    I realize Kabam has made efforts with transparency lately, and that's great, but it's also done in a general sense.
    The OP was monitoring individual Accounts and expecting answers on that, which is excessive. All this talk about being more advantageous to cheat, and expecting some kind of compensation for this, and demanding Kabam answer for themselves based on investigating Accounts is, for lack of a better word, obscenely awkward.

We have evidence they've taken action in removing things. This persistent demand for details is what's awkward.

I mean how dare you ask for details in a competitive game. It's awkward and weird you know! Eeeeww
    for lack of a better word, obscenely awkward.
    It's a discussion. If Kabam doesn't want to comment, clearly they don't have to. Players will hold these beliefs and opinions no matter what. Expressing and communicating them on the forums is what it's meant for. If they choose to close the thread and move on, then players will at least be aware of Kabam's final stance. If you think it's obscenely awkward, there are buttons you pushed to get here that don't need to be pushed.
    I'm not Kabam. I have my own opinion. I'm free to say someone's obsession with the issue is awkward if that's my view.
    Yeah, and if that's your opinion, you don't have to be apart of it. I don't often allow myself to associate with things that I think are obscenely awkward, I don't know why anyone would.
    This is a Forum to discuss views. I'm not going to be told not to participate because I don't agree with the level of concern with an issue. If that's my view, then that's my view. You're equally free to take it or leave it.

I realize Kabam has made efforts with transparency lately, and that's great, but it's also done in a general sense.
    The OP was monitoring individual Accounts and expecting answers on that, which is excessive. All this talk about being more advantageous to cheat, and expecting some kind of compensation for this, and demanding Kabam answer for themselves based on investigating Accounts is, for lack of a better word, obscenely awkward.
    Excessive? Just because I (and everyone whose name isn't GW) wanted to make sure Kabam did their job and punished the people who cheated properly?
    The only obscenely awkward thing here is you thinking this is okay, it's not.
    I'm sorry, are we employing them?

Excessive? Just because I (and everyone whose name isn't GW) wanted to make sure Kabam did their job and punished the people who cheated properly?
    The only obscenely awkward thing here is you thinking this is okay, it's not.
    I'm sorry, are we employing them?
    You realize without it's playerbase they don't have a game right? So the least you could do is be transparent when you screw over that playerbase.
    You're speaking as if we're their employers, and it's our responsibility to make sure they do what we feel is best.
    There's a fine line between expressing concern and making demands. Just because we play the game doesn't mean they're answerable to us on every action.
    Good luck with that approach.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★★

No one is getting shafted. The persistence on this is uncomfortable.

Then ignore the thread and move on, nobody cares if you agree or not. I can guarantee yours is the only opinion nobody actually cares about because we know that 1. You don't care that a bunch of Cavs are running around with 7* and 2. You're always there to defend Kabam even when they've messed up.
    Exactly - do we have an official Kabam response yet? If not this will continue.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    I know they are not my employees . They don't work for me... And I don't even own my account ..
    So basically this is a bit like a renter/landlord situation..and if that's the case I am owed an answer... 🤷
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,422 Guardian
    DrZola said:

I suppose that’s what bugged me about the matter of fact way your post dealt with accountability. In an environment where things run as they should, straight, clear rules make sense. When the environment feels broken, not as much.

Dr. Zola

When everything runs as it should, accountability is moot. It is when everything is broken that clearly articulating precisely what is supposed to be happening, without prejudice or compromise, is essential.
    altavista said:

This is a Forum to discuss views. I'm not going to be told not to participate because I don't agree with the level of concern with an issue. If that's my view, then that's my view. You're equally free to take it or leave it.

What is hilarious is your hypocritical stance where you (and a few other players) keep telling people to drop it.

This is a Forum to discuss views. They are not going to be told not to continue discussing it because they don't agree with your lack of concern with their issues. If that is their view, then that is their view.
    I'm not stopping anyone.

*GW*
    "Listen, I appreciate the sentiment, but as I said. Sometimes you have to leave well-enough alone."
    *Also GW the next day*
    "I'm not stopping anyone."

Yes, and that's called an opinion. Which means you can agree or disagree. I'm not stopping anyone. I don't have that power. I also never told anyone to stop commenting, or leave the Thread.
    For someone who is claiming I'm derailing their Thread, you're sure trying to make it about me.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 914 ★★★★

Yes I mean those very details. Kabam should have a running list of accounts that are banned (even temp banned). I wouldn't want such a person in my alliance. Transparency would be good for the game.
This discussion has been closed.