So how exactly are they going to fix this mess?

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,403 ★★★★★

Fryday said:

Yep that is usually happen when something is wrong, Kabam not dealt with it properly and not provide the community with an update response.

Well...they said it's going to take some time. They technically don't owe us a explanation of the process. I'd assume they aren't done since there's so many working parts to it.
    Well, they rolled back everything two weeks after the exploit so it had been a while, I also highly doubt they aren't done since these accounts are not temp banned anymore and some have started to receive BGs season rewards. I agree though, they don't owe us an explanation, however that doesn't mean it's the right thing for them to do as a company when a lot of people are still concerned about the issues the exploit has caused and still haven't been fixed.
  • ThomildoThomildo Member Posts: 502 ★★★

Fryday said:

Yep that is usually happen when something is wrong, Kabam not dealt with it properly and not provide the community with an update response.

Well...they said it's going to take some time. They technically don't owe us a explanation of the process. I'd assume they aren't done since there's so many working parts to it.
    They definitely don't owe us anything. Their decisions are just based on what outcome they prefer. If they want the playerbase happy, communication is how they achieve that.
    👆facts
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,824 ★★★★★

Fryday said:

Well, they rolled back everything two weeks after the exploit so it had been a while, I also highly doubt they aren't done since these accounts are not temp banned anymore and some have started to receive BGs season rewards. I agree though, they don't owe us an explanation, however that doesn't mean it's the right thing for them to do as a company when a lot of people are still concerned about the issues the exploit has caused and still haven't been fixed.
    They didn't rollback anything. They took away stuff. There's been a couple posts with messages from support saying they aren't done yet.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,422 Guardian
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

I highly doubt it's going to encourage people to take advantage of exploits.
    I'm not usually this crass on here, but they'd be idiots if they did.
    People are lucky there wasn't a ban this time. I've seen it happen before.

You seem to be forgetting we're only here now because a bunch of players decided that the risk associated with exploiting a problem like this was worth it and they were apparently right. Unless there are negative consequences, why should they believe anything different for the next one?
    We're only here now because employees decided double checking the product they developed wasn't worth the time, effort or the money. Yes, it would be beneficial to put the fear of God into the gamers, but it would be more beneficial to remind Kabam of what happens when their quality control measures stop controlling the quality.
    The employee who made that mistake is responsible to their employer. The players who made the mistake of exploiting that error are responsible to the operators of the game. There is no equivalency or transactional trade off here. There's no "well Kabam messed up first, so we get to do whatever we want and it will still be their fault." Kabam is not accountable to the players who exploited the bug. Players who exploited the bug are not doing the game a favor by disciplining the game developers. They acted out of self interest, and deserve to be treated as people who acted out of self interest.
    You comment as if mistakes—at least the ones that manifest to MCoC consumers—don’t seem to occur frequently.
    What do you believe I would have said differently, if mistakes were rare?
  • GvnxGvnx Member Posts: 7
    Lmao what are you guys doing here still, i thought yall prob would stop sticking to this by today, ngl i dont think yall are getting a response from kabam, just let them do whatever they gotta do and finish with this no sense talk
    :D
    Gvnx said:

Lmao what are you guys doing here still, i thought yall prob would stop sticking to this by today, ngl i dont think yall are getting a response from kabam, just let them do whatever they gotta do and finish with this no sense talk

Back to farm some more disagrees?

As for your "let them do whatever they gotta do", that's the problem, they're not doing anything about the people who still have 7* on their accounts, no updates nothing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,505 ★★★★★

Gvnx said:

As for your "let them do whatever they gotta do", that's the problem, they're not doing anything about the people who still have 7* on their accounts, no updates nothing.
    Okay. You think they're answerable to us as to what they do on the Accounts of others?

Gvnx said:

Okay. You think they're answerable to us as to what they do on the Accounts of others?
    That's obviously not what I meant by updates, I'm not asking for precise details on the actions being taken on these accounts (if any), for someone who claims to use logic a lot you're not very smart. What I meant by that comment was that there's been no type of acknowledgement from Kabam on the fact that some of these accounts still have 7* on their profiles.

Don't bother replying, I will ignore every dumb reply you send after this one like I did yesterday 😉

Gvnx said:

They are as potential customers. If they want folks to keep giving them money it makes sense to keep players informed and comfortable so if they do plan to do something it makes sense to communicate that. If they don’t plan to do anything then it makes sense not to say anything and that also sends a message to potential customers.

I’m hoping they’re still talking about next steps for this mess.
    If they choose to double back and explain the steps they took, sure. That's a reasonable ask.
    Acting like we're entitled to know what they did to Accounts that are not our own and didn't involve us is not something we're owed.
  • GvnxGvnx Member Posts: 7

Gvnx said:

Who cares about 5 dudes disliking on a dumb thread lol, you guys using that "They will lose people giving them money" argument so much when you guys aint even a .1% of the earnings, everyone has already decided to move on, let me clarify something, im not against you guys just trying to help yall to leave this weird obssesion, kabam Is doing what they gotta do (If they decide to, this may be done) without having to inform a pair of mad dudes on a forum, so dont expect any response and thats It from my part, hope you guys can "fix" whatever Is going on here lol :*
  • AnotherconcernplayerAnotherconcernplayer Member Posts: 24
    So...the big yellow banner regarding Mythic crystals "fixing" is gone.

Any update or official response from Kabam yet?

So players know that either

1) No benefits was gain from those players that exploit the bugs

Or

2) Make it fair for those players that didn't exploit with a thank you caring package to balance thing out.
  • Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Member Posts: 369 ★★★

Fryday said:

Well, since we're clearly not going to get a response from Kabam acknowledging the fact that they couldn't fix the issue completely, here's the last screenshot I'll post. Do what you must with the information I've provided on this thread, I certainly know what I'm going to do next time I come across a game breaking bug.

Since this thread is 7 Pages long, let summarise:-

This is basic on the available information that Kabam admits to, what @ItsClobberinTime researched and information from this other thread provided.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/342434/kabam-isn-t-done-fixing-the-mythic-crystal-mistake#latest

Kabam release July Side Quest rewards incorrectly, what should be 1250 Mythic crystal Shards was actually 1250 Mythic Crystals.

Kabam made the correction to the rewards relatively quickly but a number of players had already got these 1250 Mythic crystals (intentionally or unintentionally).

Based on what most players here said they would like to had happened.

1) Kabam should temporarily ban these accounts right away and remove all resources that came from exploiting this bug.

But as we all know that didn't happened, players were able to open and kept whatever they got from these crystals for about 2 weeks. Which would enable them to utilise these champs to make progress gain in Solo content (including 7* Shooting Star quest), Arena and also BG (as the season still had 2 weeks left)

Kabam didn't not take action on these account until 2 weeks after the exploit and after BG season ended.

So the next best option.

2) To temporarily disable access to these accounts and Kabam remove all of the gain these players got during the 2 weeks exploit, including champs, ISO, Gold, Shards ( which included 7* shards from dups) and any gain from Solo contents, Arena and deduction of BG ranking and score.

Based on the information provided from @ItsClobberinTime and the other thread shown that this also did not happened.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/342434/kabam-isn-t-done-fixing-the-mythic-crystal-mistake#latest

Instead players that exploit this bugs, get to have 2 weeks free tries on 100+ new champs (including a few 7* champs, which cost us an arm and a leg to get), utilises all of these new champs in Solo contents, Arena grind, and boosted dex in BG. And after Kabam have removed these champs they got from Mythic crystals 2 weeks later, they get to have all of their rank up resources back, received their BG rewards in full, and seem like even get to keep a few 7* champs.

3) So based on this the 3rd solution would be to give all players that didn't exploit the bugs a "thank you, caring" package (crystals and resource) to balance out the gain the other players had got from the exploit...but nope Kabam said nothing.

Various Kabam admins staffs have been tags into this thread, but all have actively ignoring it.

As @ItsClobberinTime said, based on these information make of it what you will with any future bugs.

Also have a think back on how much did you spent in 4th July event just to get a few 7*shards, while these players got free 7* champs, would you still like to fork out more in the next spending events?

Have a lovely day everyone :smile:
    No but you're just making over-exaggerated assumptions. The team did the best they could. They don't owe the players anything. Also it's really the player's fault that they exploited the exploit and technically they don't owe us an explanation since it's such a complex issue involving so many steps. This is becoming obsessive and unproductive. Believe me, I look beyond what people want here.
    We need to stop pretending these things are an excuse to exploit exploitable bugs in the future because kabam is not some money hungry entity and on the other side of it it's just people who are trying their best to solve an issue created by the players and not them.
    Also, SOMEONE had to interject this thread with logic since everyone has just been throwing around accusations without any substantial evidence.
    Oh I forgot to mention, those are some really insightful thoughts of a highly distinguished and respected forum member on this thread compiled into one long message.
    No one is getting shafted. The persistence on this is uncomfortable.
This discussion has been closed.