Options

GOLD! GOLD! GOLD! | Kabam Please Resolve this!

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,299 ★★★★★

I'm up millions this month alone. Not seeing a scarcity of Gold on my end.

You're self-admittedly not very serious about the game. Ranking up champs for BG seasons is quite draining on relatively new Paragon players.
    I might take a Champ or two up. I don't Rank a new Roster every Season.
    Your statement is clearly why you're struggling. You think people are ranking an entire roster for BGs... Might need to learn the champs better.
    You're missing the point of what I said. I'm not straining because of Ranking for BGs. You're making assertions about my involvement in the game, as if I don't understand the struggles. I took a Champ to R4 and a few to R3 in the last month, and I'm still earning more Gold. Clearly something isn't that different with how I play.
  • Options
    MikealsniteMikealsnite Posts: 29

Just to put an end to this thought that you have to play arena. Opening the rest of these will give roughly 100 million gold give or take a few million. So just play the game they give gold crystals out everywhere. That's in addition to questing, arena, duping champs, glory store, side quests, there is so much gold in this game it is shocking that people can't manage it.

Am I seeing that right? Is that an AVERAGE of 24k (give or take) per crystal? Lolol Were those normal Gold crystals too ( I certainly hope so for THAT low of an average ) 🙀
    And yet you are the one pouting about not being able to get gold
    And yet I wasn’t pouting, was I?

I honestly thought you were being sarcastic and was just verifying - but now that I know you were serious… my point to your post is the same. However you came by (and still to be holding on to ) that many crystals, THAT’S NOT a good rate of return for the investment. Period. Which was my point about gold drops in a prior post and how it isn’t ideal, because it’s not a guaranteed amount to work towards. Period. You haven’t helped in which case. Period.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 779 ★★★★
    crogs said:

ahmynuts said:

I like how the people trying to counter-argue all of us are singling out the arena and saying that it is tedious. Okay? That still doesn't make it any less profitable, plus we all have given multiple other options to get tons of gold easily. You all are just lazy af and want to do no work

I grind all milestones for every arena and still have a gold shortage. All content done, buy gold crystals with glory, and complete all monthly events. What else you got?
    What else? You have zero clue how to manage resources. You think you're entitled to rank up everyone whenever you want just because you have some of the resources to do so. Why do you think you're entitled to rank up whoever whenever just because you have the cats and iso to do it?

What about the people that have a ton of gold but not the cats or not enough iso? Should kabam make that easier for them too so they can just continually rank up everyone whenever they feel like it? I get a rash of new champs instead of dupes, I don't expect to take them all up right away. And I don't know why I would. Why would I just blindly rank champs that won't help me finish content? And since I have plenty of gold, I look at my cats and rank selectively because I know I don't have a plentifully supply of them. Well for you, that's gold. Learn to manage it.
    I hope Kabam sees this bro. You can't be caping this hard for nothing. Where did I say anything about rank materials or iso? I guess I'm good at managing those but magically bad at managing gold? A lot of words to say nothing worthwhile while assuming that I blindly rank up any and all champs as if you know me. Brilliant.
  • Options
    MikealsniteMikealsnite Posts: 29

Please help with ALL the ways to gain gold that we are missing (inclduing the ones mentioned already because they evidently aren’t enough for some)…cute as that comic may be 🥹😂
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★

You are SUPPOSED to play all the various game modes, that's how the game works.

Now, if you choose to just focus on 1 or 2 modes, then you're limited to the rewards tied to those one or two modes.

The idea that players should just play game modes they don't enjoy kinda misses the entire reason for video games to exist. You say this now, but if they added UC Gold crystals to the Battlegrounds store, would you complain then? If they put 3 million gold in the Paragauntlet each month, would you complain then? Would you say they shouldn't be doing that because we should be forced to play the game mode we don't like? Probably not. The idea that we're supposed to just numb our minds and hit the unenjoyable grind because that's how the game is designed is completely closed minded.

Believe it or not, those that are short on Gold don't just play 1 or 2 modes, we just avoid 1 or 2 modes and play literally everything else. I'm not a fan of grinding for rewards, as it feels more like a waste of time. Shutting your brain off while repeating the same action over and over again isn't how fighting games should be designed. If I wanted to do that, I'd download Cookie Clicker.
  • Options

Now, if you choose to just focus on 1 or 2 modes, then you're limited to the rewards tied to those one or two modes.

The idea that players should just play game modes they don't enjoy kinda misses the entire reason for video games to exist. You say this now, but if they added UC Gold crystals to the Battlegrounds store, would you complain then? If they put 3 million gold in the Paragauntlet each month, would you complain then? Would you say they shouldn't be doing that because we should be forced to play the game mode we don't like? Probably not. The idea that we're supposed to just numb our minds and hit the unenjoyable grind because that's how the game is designed is completely closed minded.

Believe it or not, those that are short on Gold don't just play 1 or 2 modes, we just avoid 1 or 2 modes and play literally everything else. I'm not a fan of grinding for rewards, as it feels more like a waste of time. Shutting your brain off while repeating the same action over and over again isn't how fighting games should be designed. If I wanted to do that, I'd download Cookie Clicker.
    Grinding is a part of most games which require collecting resources. People don't HAVE to run things they find boring and grindy. They just won't have access to all the resources they want. That's the part about making choices. Choosing to opt out means sacrificing something.
    But can you give a real reason why Arena should be the main source of Gold? I'm aware that choosing to opt out means losing something, I'm unaware of why choosing to opt out of this one mode is designed to hold players back as much as it does. Again I ask, if UC Gold crystals were in the BGs store or the Paragauntlet had a few million gold in it each month, in what way would that be a bad thing?
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    a big big reason i see to a whole bunch of people that say they have no gold are also people that rank up champs using basic or incorrect class ISO.
    this is why.
    using basic or incorrect clss ISO increase your gold spend by 50% yes thats right 50%
    a t5 ISO that gives 5000, when used on the correct class gives 7500 for the exact same gold cost.
    50% extra levelling power for the same.

sell your basic ISO (as much as possible)
    NEVER use incorrect class ISO on a champ.
    ALWAYS use the correct class ISO on a champ.
    your gold balance will thank you immensely.

i have seen a whole bunch of people that have not known this and then when i share this info they come back quite quickly and thank me for the info as they quickly see a reduction in gold spend.
    its all about managing resources.
    this is one big key way to do it.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,517 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023

If you got 10 t6cc for completing proven eq, why would that be a bad thing?
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

sell your basic ISO (as much as possible)
    NEVER use incorrect class ISO on a champ.
    ALWAYS use the correct class ISO on a champ

Agreed. I cringe every time I see whale accounts use basic or incorrect ISO in rankup vids.
  • Options

Grinding is a part of most games which require collecting resources. People don't HAVE to run things they find boring and grindy. They just won't have access to all the resources they want. That's the part about making choices. Choosing to opt out means sacrificing something.
    But can you give a real reason why Arena should be the main source of Gold? I'm aware that choosing to opt out means losing something, I'm unaware of why choosing to opt out of this one mode is designed to hold players back as much as it does. Again I ask, if UC Gold crystals were in the BGs store or the Paragauntlet had a few million gold in it each month, in what way would that be a bad thing?
    Because you'd be getting an extremely expensive reward for absolutely no effort. Do you think 3 million gold is equivalent to 10 T6CC? Do you also think BGs is equivalent to Proven content? Do you also think getting Paragon, fully exploring the TB EQ, then finishing the gauntlet afterwards is Proven level content? If not, I'd recommend coming up with literally any other question. Dora the Explorer asks some great ones incase you need a little inspiration
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,299 ★★★★★

I think that's a catch-22 though. I have no reason why Gold can't be some other outlet, but that would be equally as grindy, and we would have the same argument. No matter where they put it, it's going to require time and effort, and it's also going to require resource management.
  • Options

No matter where they put it, it's going to require time and effort, and it's also going to require resource management.
    And that's what I'm trying to say. If they want it to require effort, there are other, more enjoyable ways of making that happen. I play every single game mode other than Arena and AW. Arena because I don't enjoy it, AW because I wouldn't be able to make use of AW rewards and my alliance only runs 2 BGs. I don't get why Arena has to be the place to go. The amount of gold available everywhere else in game, combined, isn't enough to comfortably make progress on mid tier accounts. With the way the gold economy currently is for me, sig stones aren't worth buying, catalysts aren't worth buying and AW isn't worth playing. Pursuing anything other than gold and the occasional shards would just be a bad idea for me. If I play every single game mode except for one (not counting AW since I don't need those rewards), I really don't think my account should be this limited. Especially knowing I could skip BGs and AW entirely and it wouldn't change my experience at all.
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 453 ★★★
    bhuv9191 said:

I find it so funny that the same tired-ass response to this problem is “play arena” when everybody and their mothers know that arena is tedious, boring and outdated in terms of rewards for the time invested. Can you not see that people want to be able to play the game without having to waste time in this mode? It’s not a case of ‘people wanting things for free and for no effort’; people want to be able to earn this stuff in a more dynamic way. Daily gold quest with interesting nodes would go a long way. It doesn’t even need to be OP- 100K a day?

Personally I’d feel a lot better about gold as a bottlenecked resource if it wasn’t gated behind spending time in the worst mode in the history of the game….

Thanks a lot man, finally someone know the real pain area.

people are thinking about resource mgmt alone here, that i wasting the resources.

But i'm thinking about the time mgmt, personal life mgmt and all. Grinding arenas, playing incursions, playing AQ, playing EQ, playing quests, daily we can't spend 3 or 4 hrs combinely which will impact personal life.

so i'm okay to have a slow progression in this game, as it's giving my pesonal space and being a stress buster for a longer period.

BUT the point is, somewhere kabam should plan a gold easy gettable options for quickie upgrades, to reach milestones without compromising our time mgmt..
    This here is so wrong on many levels: BUT the point is, somewhere kabam should plan a gold easy gettable options for quickie upgrades, to reach milestones without compromising our time mgmt..

Gold is not a issue, you are the issue here. There are so many ways to get gold and yet you don't want to do anything of it and come here to complain about it? As many have already stated there you can get it in so many ways.
    Let's list it again:
    Arena+arena crystal
    Incursions
    Gory store
    EQ/SQ
    Dupe champs
    Sell ISO
    And if you want to pay for gold, Sigil one fight/week and it gives you 100k?
    Anything you do in the games generates you Gold in one way or another.. and it's not enough?

You are NOT forced to do rankups, if level up event is on don't rank up champs if you are short on gold skip it. You need to learn to manage your resources. I am also a busy man, got kids, job etc and i sit on 10M and got plenty of resources for more gold IF I ever need it.
  • Options

Because you'd be getting an extremely expensive reward for absolutely no effort. Do you think 3 million gold is equivalent to 10 T6CC? Do you also think BGs is equivalent to Proven content? Do you also think getting Paragon, fully exploring the TB EQ, then finishing the gauntlet afterwards is Proven level content? If not, I'd recommend coming up with literally any other question. Dora the Explorer asks some great ones incase you need a little inspiration
    You still clearly don't get the point. Gold is a necessary resource just like t6cc. Even with extreme exaggeration you still don't get it.

I'll try to make this very simple. There will always be a limiting resource. For intelligent skilled players it's currently t6b t6cc and t3a. The fact that for you it's gold, the easiest resource to obtain, speaks volumes.
  • Options

You still clearly don't get the point. Gold is a necessary resource just like t6cc. Even with extreme exaggeration you still don't get it.

I'll try to make this very simple. There will always be a limiting resource. For intelligent skilled players it's currently t6b t6cc and t3a. The fact that for you it's gold, the easiest resource to obtain, speaks volumes.
    You clearly don't get it. "Intelligent skilled" players are all trying to get t6b, T6CC, and T3A? Sure, maybe late, late game players, I got my first rank 3 in May, man. You really think it's as simple as, if you lack Gold you just suck? I lack Gold because I've gone from one rank 3 to three rank 4's and six rank 3's in 3 months. I lack Gold because I'm progressing quickly.

I know that I'll always lack *something*, the issue is that I'm only lacking this one thing that is stopping me from being able to compete with you, no matter how skilled I may be. The issue is that, even if I had all of the gold in the world, I would still be completely unable to compete with your roster. The issue is that getting to Paragon has done nothing but slow my progress, because Arena is the main source of Gold. Everywhere else I've started getting massive amounts of rank 4 materials, which I won't even be able to prioritize for another 6+ months at this rate, strictly because the Gold cost is too high. Gold does not scale well with progression level, but everything else scales pretty damn massively. Mid tier rosters have to work so much harder to compete and the game does not reward that.

I just looked up your account. You really think your resource management needs to look like mine, otherwise I'm just bad? You have 19.5k prestige. I just barely cracked 13k. We are playing two completely different games, don't pretend you know how the current economy treats mid tier progression.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Maat1985 said:

there will always be one resource holding you back.
    as you have said you are progressing very quickly.
    TOO QUICKLY for the intake of gold.
    it is just what it is.
    the game is a marathon not a sprint and gold being the resource that is slowing you down is just the lay of the land.
    sometimes my gold is a lot, then I do some big rankups and need to let it grow again. its just the way it is.
    gold intake is not designed to take you from zero to 100 in 1 day. its meant to control the rate at which you progress.

I get that, and I respect that you understand the situation a bit, but I'm not expecting to immediately skip the line and get first place in the GC. All I want right now is to be able to put the materials I have earned to use. Currently, I don't have any reason or motivation to play BGs, AW, Act content, Everest content, pretty much nothing. They all reward tons of rankup materials and shards, but barely any gold comparatively. I can't even get enough Gold to rank up champions I would use for content like the Grandmasters Gauntlet or EoP.

Gold is such a massive bottleneck that it shuts down all reasoning to tackle this content. I cannot use most of the materials I earn. And with my current roster size, getting points in the Arena takes time, assuming I actually wanted to. I currently don't have much reason to play mcoc because I just cannot participate. I can't rank champs for high level content, I can't use the rewards I get from high level content, I can't compete with most rosters I match with in Diamond in BGs, I genuinely don't know how to just enjoy the game right now. Aside from AQ, I've barely logged on this month.
  • Options
    just saying if not gold it will only be something else.
    and like it or not resources are designed to slow progression.

for gold try and do some 7hr events. top milestone in 7hr events gives 4x UC gold crystals. they can be annoying to focus on but gotta do what you gotta do.
    do 2 of those each day and that will give you minimum 1.9mil gold per week.

my alt account is only level 47.
    just got cavalier.
    has only 144k rating.
    has
    1 x 5* at r5 HERC (can't fully max no gold or iso)
    1 x 6* at r3 HULK (can't fully max no gold or iso)
    1 x 6* at r2 JUGG (can't fully max no gold or iso)
    1 x 6* at r1 VALK (can't fully max no gold or iso)

no other champs are even levelled. literally all i have done is those
    I currently have 0 ISO but 1.5 mil gold.

i got cav with this roster using sym sup synergy for hulk.
    now not sure how far this team can push me, but i can't see anyway that i can easily add depth.

i have t2a and t5b in my stash that will possibly expire as i will not get the gold or ISO to level and champs to the point of ranking up anytime soon.

It just is a slow process.

• Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 879 ★★★
    We’re getting new champs and rank up materials faster than we ever have, which is great.

But the gold and ISO rewards are not keeping up. They should scale them up together.

What’s the point of giving out all these champs that people can’t rank up?

I know resource management is a thing but gold and ISO is way behind how fast/easy you can get champs.
  • Options
    just means you gotta choose wisely who to rank.
    never meant to be able to rank them all.
  • Options
    You are meant to rank them all. That’s the point of the game. Get the champs and rank them up. It’s why people keep playing.
  • Options
    smdam38 said:

We’re getting new champs and rank up materials faster than we ever have, which is great.

But the gold and ISO rewards are not keeping up. They should scale them up together.

What’s the point of giving out all these champs that people can’t rank up?

I know resource management is a thing but gold and ISO is way behind how fast/easy you can get champs.

Open crystals. I recommend the 4*. I always keep a decent amount of each dual in my inventory so just in case I run out I don't have to wait for the correct day and be tempted to use the wrong class. The cavalier objective crystals give a lot of iso. Gold crystals are a great source of Gold, those are extremely easy to get. Also just sell all your t1-t4 iso out of your stash and all basic. Keeps it more organized so you know what you have. Hope that helps.

• Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 779 ★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

Spending an hour in arena will net you more gold than a quest will.

Wait, you have to spend time in the game mode designed for this very problem?
    In our in arena will give you what maybe 100,000 gold???? Lmao!!! what so if I spent five hours in the game grinding hey monotonous grind I still wouldn’t have enough to take a 6star from rank1 to rank2 lol!!! Nobody should have to put in full-time hours to take a character from rank one to rank two. That anyone could argue this is just silly.
    Just ignore them. Most of these posters are hilariously out of touch or have save thousands of gold crystals over years and don’t care. None of them are serious people.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,233 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

In our in arena will give you what maybe 100,000 gold???? Lmao!!! what so if I spent five hours in the game grinding hey monotonous grind I still wouldn’t have enough to take a 6star from rank1 to rank2 lol!!! Nobody should have to put in full-time hours to take a character from rank one to rank two. That anyone could argue this is just silly.
    You get gold from milestones and battlechips. It's not just milestones which most of you keep using as the example.
  • Options
    I appreciate you actually trying to put constructive info into this post @laserjohn26
    Very good info. Thanks.
  • Options

Skydad23 said:

You get gold from milestones and battlechips. It's not just milestones which most of you keep using as the example.
    With my current roster size I can get about 150k gold per hour from milestones and battle chips. I would just recommend grinding Arena while applicable Solo Events are active
  • Options
    But gold and ISO need to bump up commensurate with champs they’re just giving out.