Options

GOLD! GOLD! GOLD! | Kabam Please Resolve this!

Comments

• Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

Maat1985 said:

i reckon if kabam made a really really long hard quest tommorrow and put the rewards at 50 million gold but nothing else people would complain the rewards are really bad and not worth it and not do the quest.
    but would then come here and complain gold is a scarse resource and they need more gold.

It's these kind of silly posts that result in my calling you out. I literally just said I ran all gauntlet keys for the gold but your snarky and useless responses keep flowing, unlike the gold in the game.
    this post yes was made with snark.
    yes it was intended that way.
    but it is the only one.
    go and show me the others prior to this.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 780 ★★★★

Player 1: I’m short on gold.
    GW and co: Get gud.

GW: I can’t get past G1
    Player 1: Get gud.
    GW: No it’s Kabam’s fault!

The fundamental issue is why do we even need to manage gold? We have to manage catalysts, iso, acquire the champs, then hunt for gold as well?

326 for a 3* dupe
    1163 for a 4* dupe
    1163 for a 5* dupe
    1163 for a 6* dupe

Who thought this was logical and who thinks this is “just fine”.

This is false. On both counts. I never told anyone to "Git gud.". I said that there's lots of Gold in the game, so I don't call that a shortage, and people also need to consider how much they're spending and how fast.
    I also never said "No it's Kabam's fault!". I said it was on the people who can't stand to see anyone lower than their own Roster and Rating have a modicum of success. Kabam is making the changes that some people are asking for, and to a certain extent need to be made. No doubt. Not to the extreme that BGs have been changed. Altering the Tokens the first time was part of it and made the climb reasonable, and the other part that was going to help was the streamlining. With the extra effort added, it's overkill and the only people fine with it are the select few that don't have any issue at all, and never did. But hey, if they want to destroy the game mode just to please themselves, they can have at it. For myself, and I suspect I'm not alone, beating my head against a wall every month to have a few Tiers of success isn't worth my time.
    There's lots of gold in the game? Fair.
    I made it quite easily to GC as did several of my alliance mates so I don't call the current BG structure a problem, it's actually quite reasonable.
    Nice try. I'm not the only one who doesn't agree with the BG status. Perhaps if you have actual points to make, we can discuss them. Making personal quips and "I'm rubber, you're glue." isn't helping the cause.
    Just like I'm not the only one who thinks the flow of gold is too limited. But you feel the need to shut down that point of view. All the people that disagree with the current BG just need to manage their progression and skill improvement better. See how that works?

These posts spring up weekly has been an issue for ages but you keep on pretending that just because you don't have that problem, no one should.
    If there is Gold that is readily available in the game on a monthly basis, and quite a number of people have an excess of millions stored, then there can't be a Gold shortage. How many times can people blame the system before they look at how much they're going through?
    What you fail to realize is that there are reasons why people are flush with gold. Go look up any of the paragon new account challenges and see how much gold they have...

Not everyone has an 8 year old account that they've played on the whole time.
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

I think the fundamental issue is about expectation.

Yes, but my expectations aren't built on just wanting a better roster, immediately, for free. I only expect the ability to compete, which I don't believe progressing players have at the moment. BGs is built to force players to work hard on building rosters, but having Gold as a bottleneck slows down progress a whole lot.

As for Catalysts, I currently have 23 T5CC, 10 T5B, 17 T2A and the currency to get much more of each. I definitely wouldn't have all of the catalysts I need to take 14 champions up immediately and would need to stagger them, but I would at least be able to work on content for the catalysts. My progress then would be based entirely on how much work I'm willing to put in and my skill level. Where it stands, even if I can do the content and the rewards could be useful for me, I just have no reason to do them because I have to wait for more Gold to become available. I have no problem putting work into my account, but it's frustrating having such a competitive mode that won't let players compete. Roster size is important, we all know that. I don't think I'm asking for too much by requesting more Gold availability. I can then put in more work to obtain every other resource I need to build my roster. Just not without the Gold to keep up.
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

i reckon if kabam made a really really long hard quest tommorrow and put the rewards at 50 million gold but nothing else people would complain the rewards are really bad and not worth it and not do the quest.
    but would then come here and complain gold is a scarse resource and they need more gold.

It's these kind of silly posts that result in my calling you out. I literally just said I ran all gauntlet keys for the gold but your snarky and useless responses keep flowing, unlike the gold in the game.
    but it is the only one.
    Lol who is agreeing with this nonsense? Do you guys just agree with your own posts? Your defense is "only this post is snarky?" Well your other points were useless too. I addressed your point; when you do all content 100% and still don't have enough gold to use your rank up materials, gold is a problem. You have no reasonable response to this and you know it.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 694 ★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

Yes, but my expectations aren't built on just wanting a better roster, immediately, for free. I only expect the ability to compete, which I don't believe progressing players have at the moment. BGs is built to force players to work hard on building rosters, but having Gold as a bottleneck slows down progress a whole lot.

As for Catalysts, I currently have 23 T5CC, 10 T5B, 17 T2A and the currency to get much more of each. I definitely wouldn't have all of the catalysts I need to take 14 champions up immediately and would need to stagger them, but I would at least be able to work on content for the catalysts. My progress then would be based entirely on how much work I'm willing to put in and my skill level. Where it stands, even if I can do the content and the rewards could be useful for me, I just have no reason to do them because I have to wait for more Gold to become available. I have no problem putting work into my account, but it's frustrating having such a competitive mode that won't let players compete. Roster size is important, we all know that. I don't think I'm asking for too much by requesting more Gold availability. I can then put in more work to obtain every other resource I need to build my roster. Just not without the Gold to keep up.
    Emotions have been running high on this thread; please take this response as a civil discussion where we can both talk respectfully to each other.

I understand the desire to compete in BG which can't happen without a strong roster. However, what exactly do you mean by compete? In all honesty, without R5 6* or R2 7*, you are at a serious disadvantage. Having a full deck of R3 won't solve the problem (I know from experience when I had that).

The only way to really compete at the top is to either spend a lot, grind arena like crazy, or have insane skills. I'm not at that level, and based on other comments, I don't think you are to. Even if you had an infinite amount of gold, it would still be hard to compete in that sense.

In my opinion, the game is more fun if you are willing to take it slow and compete as far as you can with what you have, recognize when you can go no farther, and wait until next season when you will be stronger to go even farther. If that is not your preference, the only way I know how to actually solve the problem is spend or arena, neither of which are the answers I assume you would want.
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

Emotions have been running high on this thread; please take this response as a civil discussion where we can both talk respectfully to each other.

I understand the desire to compete in BG which can't happen without a strong roster. However, what exactly do you mean by compete? In all honesty, without R5 6* or R2 7*, you are at a serious disadvantage. Having a full deck of R3 won't solve the problem (I know from experience when I had that).

The only way to really compete at the top is to either spend a lot, grind arena like crazy, or have insane skills. I'm not at that level, and based on other comments, I don't think you are to. Even if you had an infinite amount of gold, it would still be hard to compete in that sense.

In my opinion, the game is more fun if you are willing to take it slow and compete as far as you can with what you have, recognize when you can go no farther, and wait until next season when you will be stronger to go even farther. If that is not your preference, the only way I know how to actually solve the problem is spend or arena, neither of which are the answers I assume you would want.
    Categorically false/wrong. Best in da Biz has one 6r5. Nick136 is very low spender and is always at the top. Even my scrub ass routinely make it to low M3 or Q1 with rank 3s in my deck. There are loads of players with low accounts in GC right now.

The best rank up materials are in BG store. People want to be competitive to get those tokens, which requires you to rank up meta relevant champs to at least 6r3. I would have loved to 6r3 a Rhino but i do not have the gold for that...
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

Having a full deck of R3 won't solve the problem (I know from experience when I had that)
    I just disagree. My roster of rank 2's has helped me take advantage of the individual metas, build decks accordingly, and take some of the more difficult matchups with relative ease by just bringing the right counters. For example, in my deck I have a rank 4 Nimrod, rank 3 Shuri and rank 2 Mysterio. All three are good on defense and all three are amazing Domino counters I can also use Nimrod against almost any Mutant and Shuri against fights that require non contact attacks. I personally believe that roster diversity is the most important factor. Players who are busy investing every resource possible into taking Herc to rank 5 aren't players I'm all that worried about. My rank 2's just aren't able to compete with the high health pool fights of most matchups I come across at Diamond.

Roster diversity is the most important factor in my eyes, and it's been treating me very well so far. That's why I took Namor to rank 5 sig 200 as a 5*, that's why I took Toad to rank 2 to fight annoying Nick Fury's, that's why I took Shuri to rank 3 before Tigra for the utility alone. But roster diversity can only get you so far, the champions still need to be of a decent rank. I'm not worried about rank 4's or beyond now, nor would I be even if I could somehow get 15 champions to rank 3 immediately.
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

Having a full deck of R3 won't solve the problem (I know from experience when I had that)
    I just disagree. My roster of rank 2's has helped me take advantage of the individual metas, build decks accordingly, and take some of the more difficult matchups with relative ease by just bringing the right counters. For example, in my deck I have a rank 4 Nimrod, rank 3 Shuri and rank 2 Mysterio. All three are good on defense and all three are amazing Domino counters I can also use Nimrod against almost any Mutant and Shuri against fights that require non contact attacks. I personally believe that roster diversity is the most important factor. Players who are busy investing every resource possible into taking Herc to rank 5 aren't players I'm all that worried about. My rank 2's just aren't able to compete with the high health pool fights of most matchups I come across at Diamond.

Roster diversity is the most important factor in my eyes, and it's been treating me very well so far. That's why I took Namor to rank 5 sig 200 as a 5*, that's why I took Toad to rank 2 to fight annoying Nick Fury's, that's why I took Shuri to rank 3 before Tigra for the utility alone. But roster diversity can only get you so far, the champions still need to be of a decent rank. I'm not worried about rank 4's or beyond now, nor would I be even if I could somehow get 15 champions to rank 3 immediately.
    The great thing is that we can disagree and both try our own methods in BG. I hope your way works for you and that you make it far. I do agree that roster diversity is important, and that over relying on top tier champs can be problematic.

From my experience, your way works great on equal rosters or those that have a good roster but sub-par skill. However, when the lowest account you face in the past few days is a 3.1M rating with 17K prestige with all R4 and higher deck, it becomes much more challenging if you don't have many R4s or higher.
  • Options
    arifin74arifin74 Posts: 105
    edited August 2023
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

but it is the only one.
    Lol who is agreeing with this nonsense? Do you guys just agree with your own posts? Your defense is "only this post is snarky?" Well your other points were useless too. I addressed your point; when you do all content 100% and still don't have enough gold to use your rank up materials, gold is a problem. You have no reasonable response to this and you know it.
    Bro what you are saying is useless.
    You
    Are saying the same thing over and over “i have no gold. I wanna rank everything yesterday. Gimme gold”

I have made suggestions.
    And they are not useless.
    They may not help you, but they will help others.
    7hr events, using correct class iso and selling basic.
    Neither of those are useless.
    They are very helpful for a large number of people.
    When the rifts sq came around did you select gold every single time you had the chance?
    Have you purchased max gold from the mind and body stores?

Your problem is your expectations.
    We have already established you have a pretty darn big roster.
    You have earnt a large amount of god. Just also spent it.
    You are just not liking the fact you are hearing that this is meant to be slower than you want.
    You are not meant to be able to instantly rank everyone.
    You already eluded to the fact you have Almost 30 champs at r4 and above (by saying only 3 r3 in your bg deck)
    The issue here is you expect to be able to do more than what you can.
    But you clearly do plenty already.

How old is your account?
    And dude before you ask, my account is 7+ years old, i have less r4 than you, and am only on a small amount of gold atm.
    It is my limiting resource. I could rank more but gold won’t let me. I just accept that I gotta be smart about my rankups and that i can just do them one by one
    Everyone knows what 7-hour events give. I am uncollected, and it gives 2 UC crystals here. I won't do the Advancement quests once, can't waste ISO and gold on anything just to get a few gold, and the arena ones, as it would take 2+ hours to hit the final milestone with my roster. It's a good thing that you understand and did not say 'play arena'. That's why it is just a way to get just few gold, not a solution.

People enjoy collecting champions, play for them, play for catalysts to power them up. There's the store, AQ/EQ/BG all giving catalysts (at least the lower tier ones), even the daily quests have ISO. You need champs, catalysts, ISO, and GOLD, so why don't we have many places to get gold, to balance with the flow of the other 3 items? It is really unbalanced, the amount of gold you need and the amount of effort needed to collect that amount of gold.

So, asking for a little more balanced gold acquisition is bad? You know it isn't, as you have a 7+ year-old account and still have a gold bottleneck.
  • Options
    Lets just chill out and take a breath here folks.

My two cents:
    Is there a gold problem? Yes and No.

The requirement for gold has definitely increased, and kabam has increased ways to get gold as well. But personally i think they can do a little bit better to increase acquision, and i think they are working on economic ways of doing exactly that. It will take time to see the effects.
  • Options
    Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 673 ★★★
    Weird... I'm never short of gold and all I play are EQs and Monthly SQs😅. And quite recently I ranked a number of my 6 stars.

I don't know how yall doing it
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

arifin74 said:

People enjoy collecting champions, play for them, play for catalysts to power them up. There's the store, AQ/EQ/BG all giving catalysts (at least the lower tier ones), even the daily quests have ISO. You need champs, catalysts, ISO, and GOLD, so why don't we have many places to get gold, to balance with the flow of the other 3 items? It is really unbalanced, the amount of gold you need and the amount of effort needed to collect that amount of gold.

There are more ways to get gold in the game than any other resource, including champions and rank up materials.

Gold is also one of only two resources for which there exists an open-ended way to acquire them without spending (the other one being units, both in the arena).

Even a player that never steps foot in the arenas at all, tossing out the most time efficient way to acquire gold, can earn around 4.5 million gold per month just doing TB+Cav monthly EQ and an additional 1.4 million gold burning about 3k glory in the glory store. That's about six million gold per month on just those two activities alone.

Then there's gold in incursion milestones, gold in 7hr and 22hr events, gold in alliance war and alliance quest, and you can of course sell ISO for gold. Aside from incursions milestones these are smaller sources, but they add up. A million more gold is probably spread out over those smaller sources collectively per month.

And even though people insist on handicapping out arena, the most efficient way to earn gold in the arenas is to do milestone six in trials and milestone three in the basic and featured, which collectively takes minutes a day, and that earns 119750 gold (directly, not counting battlechips) twice a week, or just under a million gold per month.

An active player that does not do serious arena grinding and is in a moderately active AQ alliance can earn between seven and nine million gold doing just those activities above. This does not include gold from side quests, gold from one-shot content (like story arc), gold from selling stuff, and gold from special event content.
    Again, if this was true people wouldn’t have catalysts expiring like I do. Everything you suggest, I already do. Even meticulous about 22hr events for the crystals.

So your generalization is just not applicable to many players.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,241 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

arifin74 said:

There are more ways to get gold in the game than any other resource, including champions and rank up materials.

Gold is also one of only two resources for which there exists an open-ended way to acquire them without spending (the other one being units, both in the arena).

Even a player that never steps foot in the arenas at all, tossing out the most time efficient way to acquire gold, can earn around 4.5 million gold per month just doing TB+Cav monthly EQ and an additional 1.4 million gold burning about 3k glory in the glory store. That's about six million gold per month on just those two activities alone.

Then there's gold in incursion milestones, gold in 7hr and 22hr events, gold in alliance war and alliance quest, and you can of course sell ISO for gold. Aside from incursions milestones these are smaller sources, but they add up. A million more gold is probably spread out over those smaller sources collectively per month.

And even though people insist on handicapping out arena, the most efficient way to earn gold in the arenas is to do milestone six in trials and milestone three in the basic and featured, which collectively takes minutes a day, and that earns 119750 gold (directly, not counting battlechips) twice a week, or just under a million gold per month.

An active player that does not do serious arena grinding and is in a moderately active AQ alliance can earn between seven and nine million gold doing just those activities above. This does not include gold from side quests, gold from one-shot content (like story arc), gold from selling stuff, and gold from special event content.
    Again, if this was true people wouldn’t have catalysts expiring like I do. Everything you suggest, I already do. Even meticulous about 22hr events for the crystals.

Not having gold isn't the only thing that can lead to expiring cats. Not having anyone to rank is more of a reason than not having gold.
  • Options
    ShepShep Posts: 148
    I went down from 40 million to 400000 since 4th of July.. There's definitely a gold problem.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 945 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

arifin74 said:

It’s not a generalisation of the amount of gold available, that’s a factual account of the amount of gold that’s freely and regularly available like clockwork. I have catalysts expiring. Lots of T2a in the overflow. Don’t really care as they so cheap to get if I ever run out. But I also don’t care because I’m not as interested in ranking up 6R1 or R2 champions. If and when I pull a 6* I want to take up, I’ll only take them up if I intend to take to rank 3 or higher as it’s a waste of gold to take up to Rank 1 or 2 and sit there doing nothing. It’s a positive that Kabam has made T2a and T5b so readily available they’re no longer bottle necks. If you still need more gold, actively grind arena.

In all honestly, it looks like there are a small number of people in this thread who have a gold resource issue. The majority are trying to help with where the gold is available or be honest and point you might need to rank up champions less often and build your gold stash up. If you have some T2a expire, does it really matter if you then have gold for the rank ups that make a material difference to your account.
  • Options
    Shep said:

I went down from 40 million to 400000 since 4th of July.. There's definitely a gold problem.

Did you get any of the July deals? Are you a paragon during the legends event? The amount of non-gold resources available recently greatly jumped prior to normal. It's not a fair comparison to say gold needs to be increased based on these special events.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

arifin74 said:

Not having gold isn't the only thing that can lead to expiring cats. Not having anyone to rank is more of a reason than not having gold.
    I've only ranked 2 of the 6 featured champs. I have loads of champs at 6r1 who I could use at 6r4 and quite a few 7* that I want to rank to r2. Again, I have the cats but no gold. So this point is also wrong.
  • Options
    Wozzle007 said:

DNA3000 said:

arifin74 said:

It’s not a generalisation of the amount of gold available, that’s a factual account of the amount of gold that’s freely and regularly available like clockwork. I have catalysts expiring. Lots of T2a in the overflow. Don’t really care as they so cheap to get if I ever run out. But I also don’t care because I’m not as interested in ranking up 6R1 or R2 champions. If and when I pull a 6* I want to take up, I’ll only take them up if I intend to take to rank 3 or higher as it’s a waste of gold to take up to Rank 1 or 2 and sit there doing nothing. It’s a positive that Kabam has made T2a and T5b so readily available they’re no longer bottle necks. If you still need more gold, actively grind arena.

In all honestly, it looks like there are a small number of people in this thread who have a gold resource issue. The majority are trying to help with where the gold is available or be honest and point you might need to rank up champions less often and build your gold stash up. If you have some T2a expire, does it really matter if you then have gold for the rank ups that make a material difference to your account.
    No, it's a small number of posters here vs the usual faces defending the game. Many players aren't even on this forum. This issue is brought up regularly but then the usual people always show up to say there's no gold issue. Why, then, does it keep coming up?
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

Look at my alt account.
    I have ranked nothing.
    I have 1 6* at r3
    1 max 5*
    1 6* at r2
    That is literally all that is ranked.
    Only other is valk 6* who is still r1
    I have 1 million gold currently.
    0 iso.
    And all these extra cats.
    This sis not a problem with lack of gold, rather a problem of how much they have sped up cat acquisition in act 4 and 5.
    I am cav. And currently doing 100% on act 4 on this account
    I literally have only one team to do all content.
    And cannot rank anything else.
    Iso is the bigger problem than gold.
    But the fact that i have been able to rush and get even a few 6* champs ranked so high and have som many excess cats is not a lack of gold but more
    the problem i create by just trying rush rush rush content.
    I pushed to get cav in an instant.
    Even if i had gold i still have no iso cus i have rushed so hard i can’t even get dupes.

You're literally making my point here. 1mil in gold is nothing when you rank up 6*. You will find gold and iso to be a bottleneck for a F2P alt. ISO is also a similar issue because they randomly decided that anything 4-6* should give you the same ISO even though it takes more of both to rank up higher rarity champs.

Lots of people are selling ISO for gold. In fact, it's been a staple to sell basic ISO for gold for ages.
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Look at my alt account.
    I have ranked nothing.
    I have 1 6* at r3
    1 max 5*
    1 6* at r2
    0 iso.
    This sis not a problem with lack of gold, rather a problem of how much they have sped up cat acquisition in act 4 and 5.
    But the fact that i have been able to rush and get even a few 6* champs ranked so high and have som many excess cats is not a lack of gold but more
    Even if i had gold i still have no iso cus i have rushed so hard i can’t even get dupes.

You're literally making my point here. 1mil in gold is nothing when you rank up 6*. You will find gold and iso to be a bottleneck for a F2P alt. ISO is also a similar issue because they randomly decided that anything 4-6* should give you the same ISO even though it takes more of both to rank up higher rarity champs.

Lots of people are selling ISO for gold. In fact, it's been a staple to sell basic ISO for gold for ages.
    TL:DR i am saying it is players expectations that fall short.
    Gold can be a limiting resource. Yes they could increase gold and i would not complain, but, gold is also available plentiful if you look for it
    As I said earlier in this thread, player expectations are mostly based on what's required to compete. If players are grinding constantly for Catalysts, ISO and Shards, it's strange to have the Gold bottleneck be as big of a roadblock as it is.

There is a lot of available Gold, but the amount of gold required to compete is much higher than the amount available. Unless you're grinding Arena in your sleep, of course.
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

The one thing i do know,
    Is when i run out of gold i can easily get more and fix that so only ever run out temporarily

And that's your fair perspective, but a lot of other players don't have it that easy, which is why this thread exists. Telling players that they should just do more to earn gold won't help players who are already doing what they can. Telling players that they should then just stop expecting to compete isn't helping anyone at all.
  • Options
    If everyone gets more gold then gold becomes a worthless resource and might as well not exist.

If everyone gets more gold than those running out of gold now will say “i need more iso” and then they get more iso and then say “i need more cats” and then get more cats

And then here we are full circle not enough gold again.

Where do you stop?
    How do you balance it?
    How do you make sure those that grind get what they need whilst not giving too much too easy?

I know a lot of people that complain they have no gold but when the sq gave options for gold rhey always chose something else. That us certainly on them
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 945 ★★★★★

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Look at my alt account.
    I have ranked nothing.
    I have 1 6* at r3
    1 max 5*
    1 6* at r2
    0 iso.

Gold can be a limiting resource. Yes they could increase gold and i would not complain, but, gold is also available plentiful if you look for it
    As I said earlier in this thread, player expectations are mostly based on what's required to compete. If players are grinding constantly for Catalysts, ISO and Shards, it's strange to have the Gold bottleneck be as big of a roadblock as it is.

There is a lot of available Gold, but the amount of gold required to compete is much higher than the amount available. Unless you're grinding Arena in your sleep, of course.
    Ranking up is a balance between resources and often goes in cycles of which part gold/iso/rank up materials is the limiting factor. You mention players constantly grinding for catalysts, iso and shards. But if they are not going to grind for gold as well, then yes it will be a road block. Some players may not value gold as an important resource in the game that needs the same attention as other areas, but it’s just as important. I don’t grind arena but make sure to hit the daily solo objective milestones. Doing that and playing the game in general keeps me at around 20m - 25m gold with uncollected golden crystals that I hoard. That’s because I’ll typically only make one significant rank up per level up event, but that’s also because I’ll run out of T6b/T3A and I’m not wasting resources ranking up useless champs just for additional level up points. The only time I’ll run out of gold will probably after cyber weekend if there are good unit offers and I can take up a load of champions to rank 5 or 7R2. Then I’ll open up my golden crystals and get back to around 30m. But if I cyber weekend came, I made a load of rank ups all at once and ran dry in gold, the onus would be on me to play the game and replenish it. Not for me to feel like Kabam need to make gold more available.

I appreciate you want to build your roster in battle grounds to be more competitive, then maybe stop grinding for rank up resources you already have and grind arena for gold.
  • Options
    Wozzle007 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Look at my alt account.
    I have ranked nothing.
    I have 1 6* at r3
    1 max 5*
    1 6* at r2
    0 iso.

Ranking up is a balance between resources and often goes in cycles of which part gold/iso/rank up materials is the limiting factor. You mention players constantly grinding for catalysts, iso and shards. But if they are not going to grind for gold as well, then yes it will be a road block. Some players may not value gold as an important resource in the game that needs the same attention as other areas, but it’s just as important. I don’t grind arena but make sure to hit the daily solo objective milestones. Doing that and playing the game in general keeps me at around 20m - 25m gold with uncollected golden crystals that I hoard. That’s because I’ll typically only make one significant rank up per level up event, but that’s also because I’ll run out of T6b/T3A and I’m not wasting resources ranking up useless champs just for additional level up points. The only time I’ll run out of gold will probably after cyber weekend if there are good unit offers and I can take up a load of champions to rank 5 or 7R2. Then I’ll open up my golden crystals and get back to around 30m. But if I cyber weekend came, I made a load of rank ups all at once and ran dry in gold, the onus would be on me to play the game and replenish it. Not for me to feel like Kabam need to make gold more available.

I appreciate you want to build your roster in battle grounds to be more competitive, then maybe stop grinding for rank up resources you already have and grind arena for gold.
    Agree.
    My gold fluctuates just as my other resources.
    I have a 3 r5’s, 16 r4s, 47r3’s
    Some level ups i take someone new to r3, but many I don’t.
    I always do something each level up, but undersrand I can’t afford multiple new r3 and r4 all the time
    I have many many 6* at rank 1 level 1 becuase I don’t invest in them unless i am going to rank then up.
    I will only invest in a 6* I don’t intend to rank when i have expiring iso.

Gold goes up, i make rankups, gold goes down, i replenish gold,
    I just accept that is how it is.
    Who to rank when requires thought and planning.
    There are many many champs i want to rank, but I can’t becuase i know if i do i will run out of stuff.