Options

GOLD! GOLD! GOLD! | Kabam Please Resolve this!

Comments

• Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 573 ★★★

This might be the first time in a long where GW gets in a (relatively long) discusion with someone where the mayority is in his side

They’re always usually very long lol. My dudes got unlimited time to spend on the forums.
  • Options
    bhuv9191bhuv9191 Posts: 247 ★★
    All you guys are drastically missing a point!!

1.) Many doesn't spend more time on arenas, so obviously there should be some.
    2.) as u all claiming that uncollected crystals, bullsh*ht*, those required a month or more to save it and it won't be usefull enough to elevate most champions.
    3.) Though there are glory crystals, there are limits put by stu*p*d KABAM!!
    4.) players who do mnthly quests, are getting few golds which is not at all sufficient...

the game changed a lot now,

a.) we can get catalysts often from quests.

b.) we can get catalysts from stores (BG / glory / monthly new stores) etc.
    (i) but why not KABAM bringing the gold purcahse options in these stores.
    Example: Getting 500K gold by using 3000 BG points - so we can play truly and achieve the goals and use the gold to upgrade and strengthen the BG roster.
    (ii) because KABAM wants players to spend time in arena, so their online revenue will gets increased and they are forcing us to play it!!

c.) Now the game has multiple roster mgmt stuffs to play, in first place everyone needs to build their roster to strengthen the core team

(i) AQ - 3 / AW - 8 / BG - 30 / Incursions - 3 in a cricling.
    (ii) so obviously i need to gold to enhance my roster.

d.) atleast a minimum ISO's we can get in stores, daily quests....

STILL GOLD not enough!!

the rewards from incursions, daily objectives, so far uncollected crystals - all will be dust (if you upgrade atleast 3 or 4 6* champs to R3).

For a single upgrade of R2 to R3 , required a minimum of 1.3 million gold, so then how would i plan the upgrdes often.

then there will be no progressions for the players who doesn't have interest to play arenas..

This will be definetly leads to usage of BODs only and the loyal players will lose faith in kabam and start using pirated bods!!
  • Options

I save and open my gold crystals once per year (on my bday) and just did that this weekend and netted ~118million & am at a 317mil balance currently.

There are ways/strategies (even outside of grinding arena non-stop) to manage your resources to have reasonable amounts of Gold.

While that being said & myself being F2P, even without opening Gold crystals throughout the year, I generally still gain gold (even doing map8 and paying via Gold only)… BUT since July 4th - with the amount of champs & resources coming in, I have lost about 30million from my stash.

Oh please common, stop posting this! Do you think, other million players can sit and work on this??

All you guys are drastically missing a point!!

1.) Many doesn't spend more time on arenas, so obviously there should be some.
    2.) as u all claiming that uncollected crystals, bullsh*ht*, those required a month or more to save it and it won't be usefull enough to elevate most champions.
    3.) Though there are glory crystals, there are limits put by stu*p*d KABAM!!
    4.) players who do mnthly quests, are getting few golds which is not at all sufficient...

the game changed a lot now,

a.) we can get catalysts often from quests.

b.) we can get catalysts from stores (BG / glory / monthly new stores) etc.
    (i) but why not KABAM bringing the gold purcahse options in these stores.
    Example: Getting 500K gold by using 3000 BG points - so we can play truly and achieve the goals and use the gold to upgrade and strengthen the BG roster.
    (ii) because KABAM wants players to spend time in arena, so their online revenue will gets increased and they are forcing us to play it!!

c.) Now the game has multiple roster mgmt stuffs to play, in first place everyone needs to build their roster to strengthen the core team

(i) AQ - 3 / AW - 8 / BG - 30 / Incursions - 3 in a cricling.
    (ii) so obviously i need to gold to enhance my roster.

d.) atleast a minimum ISO's we can get in stores, daily quests....

STILL GOLD not enough!!

the rewards from incursions, daily objectives, so far uncollected crystals - all will be dust (if you upgrade atleast 3 or 4 6* champs to R3).

For a single upgrade of R2 to R3 , required a minimum of 1.3 million gold, so then how would i plan the upgrdes often.

then there will be no progressions for the players who doesn't have interest to play arenas..

This will be definetly leads to usage of BODs only and the loyal players will lose faith in kabam and start using pirated bods!!
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    edited August 2023
    Wozzle007 said:

For those who do have a gold problem, how many 6 or 7* champions are you ranking up at once in order use to all your gold?

I didn't mean to push the post comment button yet :(
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,740 ★★★
    bhuv9191 said:

Scarcity of gold is always there!

Many posting, many keeps on asking. Aware there are arenas, few selling options, but yet still gold is not much of handy on any quick rankups.

Most people sometimes running out of catalysts as recent EQ/SQ's giving plenty of this, but no gold to upgrade.

PiggyBanks are sometime lifesavers in many scenarios for a quick 1million gold..

Please create a permanent daily quests and reward us some gold every week (We are not asking for free, we ready to compete/play a quest and earn it - not ready to spending hrs in arena anyway)

there are million players and not everyone playing arena's. so consider us also to improvise our roster, improve our profiles.

Consider this as utmost priorities!

U need some gold???
    I have over 60 mil, 😆
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

For those who do have a gold problem, how many 6 or 7* champions are you ranking up at once in order use to all your gold?

I ranked up Professor X from rank 1 to 2, then just leveled up my rank 1 Masacre, Hit-Monkey and Diablo for today's Level Up event. Altogether, that cost a little over 3 million gold, putting me down to 600k. And Professor X was the only rankup there that actually helps me so far. The other three were just setting up for future rankups.

I buy the gold crystals from AQ as much as possible, I've already cleaned them out for this cycle. I open my gold crystals immediately every time, no hoarding for me. I bought 2 million gold from the SQ stores but haven't yet bought the other 1.5 mil. I do as many 22hr events as I can, but I'd say I rarely get 7 hour events done. It takes me at least an hour to get some 7 hour events complete, which can be really difficult to squeeze in with limited time. I 100% the majority of MEQ's, not yet this month because I'm waiting for the proper solo events to get two birds there. I don't grind Incursions as much as I should, I'd say about once a month. I sell all of my Basic ISO immediately and never use incorrect ISO classes for rankups. I'm currently sitting on 20k Battlechips.

I am finding some frustration among people in this thread who aren't putting a lot of effort in to understand the volume of resources players have to invest to compete. For this level up event, I spent 3 million gold, which amounted to one champion I can actually throw in my BGs deck, and that champion is only rank 2.

With my current roster size and skill, I can make it to Platinum every season without trouble. I can make it to Diamond with minimal pushback, and that's where I hit my wall. I have never spent a unit on victory shields or elders marks, and I don't plan to. My roster is just not yet good enough to keep up with the rosters I face in Diamond. I currently have 26 6r2s, 7 6r3s and 3 6r4s. Rank 3's need to be my priority if I plan to actually make progress in BGs, which I obviously do.

Currently, the champions I plan on taking from 2 to 3 for BGs are: Tigra, Viv, Mr Negative, Rintrah, Domino, Valkyrie, Attuma, Mysterio. A few other possibilities are Ebony Maw, Overseer, Warlock, Toad, Dragon Man and Wiccan, but those will be dependent on future metas. Assuming I take all of those champions up over the next month, that's about 24 million gold total for only 14 champions, some of which will become entirely obsolete in the next BGs meta, which will require a few more rankups. Even some from rank 1 to 3, which would cost about 3.3 million for that one champion. This is also all assuming BGs is my only focus. It's my main focus, but not even close to the only thing I participate in.

I really do not think the amount of gold available right now allows for progressing players to compete. Those with larger accounts have access to so many more catalysts and crystals from the BGs store, and are sitting on years worth of Gold from proper resource management. Catalysts and crystals are relatively easy to obtain with the right amount of effort put in, but Gold is almost entirely based on time. I don't believe enough gold is made available for new, progressing players to stand a chance against high level, multi year long accounts. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really think this is only going to widen the gap in the long run.

I'm open to suggestions for what I can do to better manage my resources. For the most part, all I'm hearing is that I should keep doing what I'm doing, put a little more time into the grind, and if that doesn't help, that's just by design. If that is the case, that sucks. I don't think I'll be able to compete, even with the amount of effort I put in to completing content. I'll have to just wait and see how things progress over the next few months, and I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options

Also the recent legendary crystals giving tons of catalysts and most needed T2s.. But due to lack gold we are struggling to upgrades...
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    smdam38 said:

You are meant to rank them all. That’s the point of the game. Get the champs and rank them up. It’s why people keep playing.

slowly slowly eventually in time one by one.... over a long period maybe...
    but the idea of the game is to keep developing and expanding your roster and pick and choose who to rank up based on what you need not rank everyone all at once.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    2 x 7hr events per day every day = 2 million gold per week from UC gold crystals.

this is one thing that can help A LOT
    aside form the smart usage of only using correct class ISO and selling Basic ISO

the 7hr combat events can be farmed by running RTTL with 6 or 7* champs and finishing with the correct attack in about 20mins or maybe even less
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    made a mistake in my comment above. meant 1 mil per week not 2
    can't edit. but see math below for correction

4 x uc crystals per event (top milestone)
    x twice a day = 8 per day
    x 7 days = 56
    x 19500 minimum gold = 1.092 million
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

2 x 7hr events per day every day = 2 million gold per week from UC gold crystals.

aside form the smart usage of only using correct class ISO and selling Basic ISO

the 7hr combat events can be farmed by running RTTL with 6 or 7* champs and finishing with the correct attack in about 20mins or maybe even less

Dear, you missing the point from the overall conversation.. Time mgmt for our work life and perrsoanl life balance...

Already spending time in AQ, AW, EQ, BG, incursions weekly, story quest..

Can't spend more time again on playin specifically or Dedicatedly for these objective events
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 945 ★★★★★
    @JustWantTheRewards
    Appreciate the full breakdown (I’m not quoting it as it’s a length post). I think the fundamental issue is about expectation. As you can see from the pic below I have 185 6* champs at rank 3 or below. You can imagine there is a long list of champions that I want at rank 4 or rank 5. I manage to get to victory track every season but not too many levels higher in it.

If I were able to rank up about 40 more to rank 4 or even rank 5’s I’d be much more competitive. I get the resources from BG store and Glory Store to take up more rank 4’s but I don’t rank up as soon as I get the resources as honestly only rank them up when they are useful to me.

I personally wouldn’t have ranked up “Masacre, Hit-Monkey and Diablo” yet as you say they are for the future, but in the present gold is an issue, so why spend gold on champs you don’t need ranked up now? Rank them up when you need them. By the time you need them you have pulled an even better option, so ranking up when they are helpful to you in the present helps reduce unnecessary rank ups. Not saying they will be unnecessary but let’s say you don’t have a Herc and pull Herc tomorrow, he’s a guaranteed rank up for now, but if you’ve used all your gold you need to wait.

A lot of the act content and Grandmaster Gauntlet provides large chunks of gold. That’s one of the ways a lot of the larger accounts acquired gold. With all the cav crystals we get from I end up selling Iso or it will expire. That’s also a fair amount of gold each month. I don’t buy any, just from in game.

I think you mention you have 14 champions you want to take to rank 3. That needs 56 T5b which is a lot for all at once. Even if you had all the gold, would have the T5b for it, or would need to stagger your rank ups?

So I guess my expectation isn’t that for this specific issue Kabam should supply more, it’s that I need to manage what there is. I would argue that getting to diamond is competing as everything is relative.

I’m not saying it wouldn’t be nice if there wasn’t more gold in the game, or more T6b/T3a/T6cc or iso, but there is enough. To do a decent rank up every level up event.

• Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 779 ★★★★

Player 1: I’m short on gold.
    GW and co: Get gud.

GW: I can’t get past G1
    Player 1: Get gud.
    GW: No it’s Kabam’s fault!

The fundamental issue is why do we even need to manage gold? We have to manage catalysts, iso, acquire the champs, then hunt for gold as well?

326 for a 3* dupe
    1163 for a 4* dupe
    1163 for a 5* dupe
    1163 for a 6* dupe

Who thought this was logical and who thinks this is “just fine”.

Thankfully, champion dupes aren't the only place for gold. Why do you all do this?
    Is it so difficult for you to understand that this is a systemic issue across the game? You nitpick at every individual issue then claim there's no issue. This is why your responses are never taken seriously.
  • Options
    esp when the 7hr events can be done while playing anything. TECH combat, do eq and sq and arena or whatever you do with techs....
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

bhuv9191 said:

Maat1985 said:

Dear, you missing the point from the overall conversation.. Time mgmt for our work life and perrsoanl life balance...

Already spending time in AQ, AW, EQ, BG, incursions weekly, story quest..

Can't spend more time again on playin specifically or Dedicatedly for these objective events
    no need to be a condescending ASS.

people have a problem, people offer solutions.
    if you don't have the time to act on the solution then sorry.
    but the game is a grind.
    if you want stuff you gotta grind.
    if you need gold prioritize your grind toward stuff that give gold.
    sorry but i don't know what else to say.
    if you have not got time to play you can't get stuff.

spend minimal time playing and you gotta expect to be short on resources.
    it is just the way it is.
    if you can play for 5 mins a day and get everything then there is no life to the game.

i am often short on stuff so i prioritise conent to get it.
    right now i am hunting gold so i always check my 7hr events
    OK I'll say it one more time in simple terms so you can understand it. I do everything in game 100% including milestones for all arenas. Did all runs of Gauntlet as well for the gold. Gold is by far the limiting factor in ranking up champs. It's the reason I have 6r3 in my deck in Mysterium 2 right now.

There are no suggestions in this thread, other than "stop ranking champs" which I don't do. None. I get to rank up 1 or 2 meta relevant champs in each BG meta and don't rank up champs outside of BG season.

So you people can stop with your holier than thou attitude. The only reason you have gold is because you've built it up over years of playing. Newer paragon accounts are not in the same position.
  • Options

The fundamental issue is why do we even need to manage gold? We have to manage catalysts, iso, acquire the champs, then hunt for gold as well?

326 for a 3* dupe
    1163 for a 4* dupe
    1163 for a 5* dupe
    1163 for a 6* dupe

This is false. On both counts. I never told anyone to "Git gud.". I said that there's lots of Gold in the game, so I don't call that a shortage, and people also need to consider how much they're spending and how fast.
    I also never said "No it's Kabam's fault!". I said it was on the people who can't stand to see anyone lower than their own Roster and Rating have a modicum of success. Kabam is making the changes that some people are asking for, and to a certain extent need to be made. No doubt. Not to the extreme that BGs have been changed. Altering the Tokens the first time was part of it and made the climb reasonable, and the other part that was going to help was the streamlining. With the extra effort added, it's overkill and the only people fine with it are the select few that don't have any issue at all, and never did. But hey, if they want to destroy the game mode just to please themselves, they can have at it. For myself, and I suspect I'm not alone, beating my head against a wall every month to have a few Tiers of success isn't worth my time.
    There's lots of gold in the game? Fair.
    I made it quite easily to GC as did several of my alliance mates so I don't call the current BG structure a problem, it's actually quite reasonable.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,299 ★★★★★

326 for a 3* dupe
    1163 for a 4* dupe
    1163 for a 5* dupe
    1163 for a 6* dupe

This is false. On both counts. I never told anyone to "Git gud.". I said that there's lots of Gold in the game, so I don't call that a shortage, and people also need to consider how much they're spending and how fast.
    I also never said "No it's Kabam's fault!". I said it was on the people who can't stand to see anyone lower than their own Roster and Rating have a modicum of success. Kabam is making the changes that some people are asking for, and to a certain extent need to be made. No doubt. Not to the extreme that BGs have been changed. Altering the Tokens the first time was part of it and made the climb reasonable, and the other part that was going to help was the streamlining. With the extra effort added, it's overkill and the only people fine with it are the select few that don't have any issue at all, and never did. But hey, if they want to destroy the game mode just to please themselves, they can have at it. For myself, and I suspect I'm not alone, beating my head against a wall every month to have a few Tiers of success isn't worth my time.
    I made it quite easily to GC as did several of my alliance mates so I don't call the current BG structure a problem, it's actually quite reasonable.
    Nice try. I'm not the only one who doesn't agree with the BG status. Perhaps if you have actual points to make, we can discuss them. Making personal quips and "I'm rubber, you're glue." isn't helping the cause.
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

i reckon if kabam made a really really long hard quest tommorrow and put the rewards at 50 million gold but nothing else people would complain the rewards are really bad and not worth it and not do the quest.
    but would then come here and complain gold is a scarse resource and they need more gold.

Dear, yes of course.

that time, KABAM will release easy access of T3s, T5 catalyst for upgrading my champs and bring harder maps and quests.

So that time, i need my other utility champs to upgrade and enhance to a minimum of R4 or R5.. or rank a 7* to R1/R2..

So, that time this 5million gold will go in dust just upgrading 2 R4's. easily...

that's the reason, for many players the scarcity of gold remains unsolved for non-grinders.
  • Options

326 for a 3* dupe
    1163 for a 4* dupe
    1163 for a 5* dupe
    1163 for a 6* dupe

Nice try. I'm not the only one who doesn't agree with the BG status. Perhaps if you have actual points to make, we can discuss them. Making personal quips and "I'm rubber, you're glue." isn't helping the cause.
    Just like I'm not the only one who thinks the flow of gold is too limited. But you feel the need to shut down that point of view. All the people that disagree with the current BG just need to manage their progression and skill improvement better. See how that works?

These posts spring up weekly has been an issue for ages but you keep on pretending that just because you don't have that problem, no one should.
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

i reckon if kabam made a really really long hard quest tommorrow and put the rewards at 50 million gold but nothing else people would complain the rewards are really bad and not worth it and not do the quest.
    but would then come here and complain gold is a scarse resource and they need more gold.

It's these kind of silly posts that result in my calling you out. I literally just said I ran all gauntlet keys for the gold but your snarky and useless responses keep flowing, unlike the gold in the game.