Options

GOLD! GOLD! GOLD! | Kabam Please Resolve this!

Comments

• Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    maybe if they made gold crystals available in battlegrounds stores it would shut people up?
    Then they can get gold there, they will have to get less of something else tho.
    So i think a lot will still not buy them saying “i want to buy the cats they are rarer”
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,241 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 said:

maybe if they made gold crystals available in battlegrounds stores it would shut people up?
    So i think a lot will still not buy them saying “i want to buy the cats they are rarer”

With all the ways to get gold already, why would one more way be enough?
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    Maat1985 said:

That's literally the recommendation I made earlier in this thread. The only thing I have ever bought with Trophy Tokens has been 5 and 6 star shards. Not even because I need them, because they won't go straight to the overflow.

It's this weird, dismissive behavior that deters people from talking on the forums. You came into a thread talking about an issue just to say it's not an issue at all and impy that other players should just shut up. Have an open mind, don't be so dismissive about an issue you're not even trying to understand.
  • Options

Maat1985 said:

That's literally the recommendation I made earlier in this thread. The only thing I have ever bought with Trophy Tokens has been 5 and 6 star shards. Not even because I need them, because they won't go straight to the overflow.

It's this weird, dismissive behavior that deters people from talking on the forums. You came into a thread talking about an issue just to say it's not an issue at all and impy that other players should just shut up. Have an open mind, don't be so dismissive about an issue you're not even trying to understand.
    Its a valid suggestion.

You clearly have comprehension issues.

Just because i also don’t believe it would work.
    I am totally entitled to see it that way and say it.

I have not dismissed the issue that some players feel they don’t have enough gold.
    I don’t have loads myself.
    My viewpoint is that it is on players expectations.

I have never once told anyone to shut up.
    Infact i am more than happy to continue to have a discussion with anyone for as long as they want.
    You won’t change my mind tho. So i dunno if you want to keep having that discussion or not.

Discussion is what leads to innovation.

I also posed some questions before that you failed to respond to.

“ If everyone gets more gold than those running out of gold now will say “i need more iso” and then they get more iso and then say “i need more cats” and then get more cats

And then here we are full circle not enough gold again.

Where do you stop?
    How do you balance it?
    How do you make sure those that grind get what they need whilst not giving too much too easy? ”

What is the counter to this?
    How do you stop the problem shifting to just another resource?

Well you don’t it will always be one. And that is by designz
  • Options
    Personally i want more ISO.
    If they give you more gold they better give me more ISO
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,822 Guardian

Wozzle007 said:

DNA3000 said:

arifin74 said:

People enjoy collecting champions, play for them, play for catalysts to power them up. There's the store, AQ/EQ/BG all giving catalysts (at least the lower tier ones), even the daily quests have ISO. You need champs, catalysts, ISO, and GOLD, so why don't we have many places to get gold, to balance with the flow of the other 3 items? It is really unbalanced, the amount of gold you need and the amount of effort needed to collect that amount of gold.

There are more ways to get gold in the game than any other resource, including champions and rank up materials.

Gold is also one of only two resources for which there exists an open-ended way to acquire them without spending (the other one being units, both in the arena).

Even a player that never steps foot in the arenas at all, tossing out the most time efficient way to acquire gold, can earn around 4.5 million gold per month just doing TB+Cav monthly EQ and an additional 1.4 million gold burning about 3k glory in the glory store. That's about six million gold per month on just those two activities alone.

Then there's gold in incursion milestones, gold in 7hr and 22hr events, gold in alliance war and alliance quest, and you can of course sell ISO for gold. Aside from incursions milestones these are smaller sources, but they add up. A million more gold is probably spread out over those smaller sources collectively per month.

And even though people insist on handicapping out arena, the most efficient way to earn gold in the arenas is to do milestone six in trials and milestone three in the basic and featured, which collectively takes minutes a day, and that earns 119750 gold (directly, not counting battlechips) twice a week, or just under a million gold per month.

An active player that does not do serious arena grinding and is in a moderately active AQ alliance can earn between seven and nine million gold doing just those activities above. This does not include gold from side quests, gold from one-shot content (like story arc), gold from selling stuff, and gold from special event content.
    Again, if this was true people wouldn’t have catalysts expiring like I do. Everything you suggest, I already do. Even meticulous about 22hr events for the crystals.

So your generalization is just not applicable to many players.
    It’s not a generalisation of the amount of gold available, that’s a factual account of the amount of gold that’s freely and regularly available like clockwork. I have catalysts expiring. Lots of T2a in the overflow. Don’t really care as they so cheap to get if I ever run out. But I also don’t care because I’m not as interested in ranking up 6R1 or R2 champions. If and when I pull a 6* I want to take up, I’ll only take them up if I intend to take to rank 3 or higher as it’s a waste of gold to take up to Rank 1 or 2 and sit there doing nothing. It’s a positive that Kabam has made T2a and T5b so readily available they’re no longer bottle necks. If you still need more gold, actively grind arena.

In all honestly, it looks like there are a small number of people in this thread who have a gold resource issue. The majority are trying to help with where the gold is available or be honest and point you might need to rank up champions less often and build your gold stash up. If you have some T2a expire, does it really matter if you then have gold for the rank ups that make a material difference to your account.
    No, it's a small number of posters here vs the usual faces defending the game. Many players aren't even on this forum. This issue is brought up regularly but then the usual people always show up to say there's no gold issue. Why, then, does it keep coming up?
    First of all, I don't believe I've ever specifically stated the generalization that "there's no gold problem." I have stated that there's lots of gold in the game, which is a true statement. Whether an individual player has a gold problem is a function of their game play, their resource balance, and their relative expectations.

And second, lots of things "keep coming up" that have dubious foundations. People keep saying the value in cash offers is too low (except when they are too high). People keep saying challenge content is too difficult, that Battlegrounds needs to hand players even matches, that crystals have rigged random number generators, and the game is losing players at a rapid rate and won't be around much longer unless Kabam makes change [fill in the blank]. Except for the Battlegrounds one, all have been continuously repeated for at least eight years. There are still people pining for a reversal of the Issue 12.0 patch.

Lots of complaints keep coming up that have either little justification or no actual basis in reality.
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

What you're not entitled to do is suggest that other players should shut up just because you don't agree with their discussion or outright say that I have comprehension issues just because you're too closed minded to understand where I'm coming from, as you admitted yourself.

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

“ If everyone gets more gold than those running out of gold now will say “i need more iso” and then they get more iso and then say “i need more cats” and then get more cats

I didn't fail to respond to that question, I've addressed it multiple times in this thread. You're generalizing and making assumptions about the the possible behavior of one side of an argument, then using that as reasoning. It's not something that can be disproven because it's not an argument, it's just speculation.

One of my first arguments when I joined this thread was that I'm stocked up on everything I need except gold. That's been the case for a very long time. I also mentioned how that's a particularly frustrating issue because there's content I could complete to get Catalysts and Shards that I just avoid due to my lack of Gold. I instead log on just to complete 22 hour events, occasional 7 hour events, AQ and grind Arenas when I have literally nothing better to do. I'm pretty much just waiting around for the game to give me things to do.
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Where do you stop?
    How do you balance it?
    How do you make sure those that grind get what they need whilst not giving too much too easy? ”

Those first three questions are exactly what I hope the economy designers are thinking about. They aren't questions I can answer without enough data, nor can you.

Shortages aren't by design, bottlenecks are. Unless you can prove that what I'm facing is an intentional bottleneck, the "it's by design" argument just doesn't hold up.
  • Options
    Wozzle007 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Look at my alt account.
    I have ranked nothing.
    I have 1 6* at r3
    1 max 5*
    1 6* at r2
    That is literally all that is ranked.
    Only other is valk 6* who is still r1
    I have 1 million gold currently.
    0 iso.
    And all these extra cats.
    This sis not a problem with lack of gold, rather a problem of how much they have sped up cat acquisition in act 4 and 5.
    I am cav. And currently doing 100% on act 4 on this account
    I literally have only one team to do all content.
    And cannot rank anything else.
    Iso is the bigger problem than gold.
    But the fact that i have been able to rush and get even a few 6* champs ranked so high and have som many excess cats is not a lack of gold but more
    the problem i create by just trying rush rush rush content.
    I pushed to get cav in an instant.
    Even if i had gold i still have no iso cus i have rushed so hard i can’t even get dupes.

You're literally making my point here. 1mil in gold is nothing when you rank up 6*. You will find gold and iso to be a bottleneck for a F2P alt. ISO is also a similar issue because they randomly decided that anything 4-6* should give you the same ISO even though it takes more of both to rank up higher rarity champs.

Lots of people are selling ISO for gold. In fact, it's been a staple to sell basic ISO for gold for ages.
    TL:DR i am saying it is players expectations that fall short.
    Gold can be a limiting resource. Yes they could increase gold and i would not complain, but, gold is also available plentiful if you look for it
    As I said earlier in this thread, player expectations are mostly based on what's required to compete. If players are grinding constantly for Catalysts, ISO and Shards, it's strange to have the Gold bottleneck be as big of a roadblock as it is.

There is a lot of available Gold, but the amount of gold required to compete is much higher than the amount available. Unless you're grinding Arena in your sleep, of course.

Ranking up is a balance between resources and often goes in cycles of which part gold/iso/rank up materials is the limiting factor. You mention players constantly grinding for catalysts, iso and shards. But if they are not going to grind for gold as well, then yes it will be a road block.
    And that's why I do grind for Gold. I mentioned in a prior conversation everything that I do consistently to keep up and asked for constructive conversation around it. My main issue is, most content is heavy on Catalyst and Shards, with very little emphasis on Gold. I have no reason to tackle Everest content, I have no reason to keep playing BGs or AW or go for exploration on Act content. The only content I can consistently benefit from is Incursions, Arena, Solo Events, AQ and EQ exploration, which involves spending a lot of time waiting around for more resources to become available.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

What you're not entitled to do is suggest that other players should shut up just because you don't agree with their discussion or outright say that I have comprehension issues just because you're too closed minded to understand where I'm coming from, as you admitted yourself.

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

I didn't fail to respond to that question, I've addressed it multiple times in this thread. You're generalizing and making assumptions about the the possible behavior of one side of an argument, then using that as reasoning. It's not something that can be disproven because it's not an argument, it's just speculation.

One of my first arguments when I joined this thread was that I'm stocked up on everything I need except gold. That's been the case for a very long time. I also mentioned how that's a particularly frustrating issue because there's content I could complete to get Catalysts and Shards that I just avoid due to my lack of Gold. I instead log on just to complete 22 hour events, occasional 7 hour events, AQ and grind Arenas when I have literally nothing better to do. I'm pretty much just waiting around for the game to give me things to do.
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Where do you stop?
    How do you balance it?

Those first three questions are exactly what I hope the economy designers are thinking about. They aren't questions I can answer without enough data, nor can you.

Shortages aren't by design, bottlenecks are. Unless you can prove that what I'm facing is an intentional bottleneck, the "it's by design" argument just doesn't hold up.
    Now i am done responding to you as you clearly can’t read without putting your own twisted interpretation.
    At no point did i ever tell anybody to shut up.
    You are clearly twisting what i say.

I am not done discussing this topic here.
    But am done with directly conversing with you as it is a pointless excersise.

But you have not fully addressed the elephant in the room.
    If you get more gold then what?
    What will you do when you can no longer rank due to iso shortage even tho you now have a gold stash?
    Will you accept it is an intentional bottleneck?
    Or will you push and argue for more iso?
  • Options

That's a weird statement ("Shortages aren't by design, bottlenecks are") as I have no idea what that could mean in a game design context. But setting that aside, level up resource bottlenecks, whether by design or by circumstance, are nevertheless mathematically unavoidable. It would be impossible to design MCOC in such a way that gold was never a resource bottleneck but still a non-trivial resource. By definition all non-trivial resources will sometimes be resource bottlenecks.

That's because what makes a non-trivial resource a non-trivial resource is that players aren't exposed to such a large availability of it that they no longer need to consider it when making resource consumption decisions. Any resource you never have to think about is a trivial resource. But if players have to think about a resource, then the possibility of it running out before other resources must exist. And therefore, all non-trivial resources must sometimes be resource bottlenecks. This is a basic property of game resource economies.

It therefore follows that for every non-trivial resource in the game, at least one player is currently bottlenecked by it. So the existence of such bottlenecks circumstantially doesn't demonstrate a game economy problem on its own.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 780 ★★★★
    This entire thread.

Player 1: I have no gold.
    The usual suspects: I have gold and have had it forever. Why don’t you? Pull yourself up by your bootstraps.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,517 ★★★★★
    Let's imagine we are trying to rank up a champion. Doesn't really matter what rarity or level so you can adjust the catalysts required for your level.

Problem #1: I need t6cc.

Solution: oh boy this is a tough one. I have all content in game explored. I can wait for aq rank rewards. I can wait for war season to end. I can wait for the glory store and bg store to reset. I can wait until kabaam is selling them. I can wait for 8.3. I'm sure I'm forgetting some options. But they all have a theme.

Problem #2: I don't have gold.

Solution. Immediately go play arena for virtually unlimited gold whose only constraint is time. Immediately go buy crystals (paragon, cavalier, grandmaster) and sell iso. Or go make a thread on forum and complain about something that is not actually a problem.

As you can see for gold there are easy and immediate solutions for both ftp, whales, and everyone in between for gold.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

This entire thread.

The usual suspects: I have gold and have had it forever. Why don’t you? Pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

Well we must be reading a different thread.
    Yes there is some of that.
    But you are also missing the whole,

“I also don’t have much gold, so we have to learn to manage it”

“They could give you more gold but then you will just run out of ISO”

“Yes, you might be lacking in gold but that is your expectations of what you should be able to do not an actual gold shortage.
    If someone has a stacked roster but no gold, well still that shows gold is available else they would not have a stacked roster”

There would be a few other points here and there also.

If you are going to paraphrase it is helpful when you get it correct.

If there was a gold shortage everyone would be lacking gold.
    The fact not everyone is shows it is an expectation and resource management issue and solutions can be worked out.
    Maybe play content a bit differently.
    Maybe slow down on rankups for a little.
    Sell all basic iso.

Some of this will certainly help some.
    And the few players that claim they do all this and still have no gold maybe need to temper the expectations of how fast they can grow their roster.

Maybe kabam will add more gold. But if they do it will not be some massive amount that will change everyones lives. It will be a small amount that will make a difference when managed correctly but still leave some players short of gold whilst maybe just moving the bottleneck from gold to iso for others.

And also if they did, it would be most likely in the form of crystals sold in battlegrounds store or similar, it would not be extra resources, it would be an option, you can get gold instead of cats or shards, so whilst getting more gold you would be making a trade off by getting less of something else. Which would help some, but then just lead others to now having no cats.
    Essentially it is a cycle where we will always be needing something more than anything else.
  • Options

This entire thread.

It's almost like we know what we're doing...and you don't 🤔🤔🤔
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Where do you stop?
    How do you balance it?

Now i am done responding to you as you clearly can’t read without putting your own twisted interpretation.

What will you do when you can no longer rank due to iso shortage even tho you now have a gold stash?
    "maybe if they made gold crystals available in battlegrounds stores it would shut people up?"
    These are your words. You can try to argue that I'm just spinning your words, but this is exactly what you said, copy and pasted, and it doesn't exactly scream respectful.

And I have addressed that. The thing I think a lot of people are assuming about my account is that I don't have readily available content to complete. I have more than enough things I've yet to complete, but nothing that would reward me the amount of Gold needed to make use of any of my other resources. If I suddenly had 50 million Gold dropped into my account, then exploring Act 8 and (maybe) Act 7 would be worth doing. Same for EoP and the Grandmasters Gauntlet.

I'm not worried about my Gold shortage slowing my progress, I know that's inevitable. I'm worried that my lack of Gold is directly translating to my lack of motivation to complete content. Even BGs has always been a side project for me since it doesn't give me the one resource I really need.

To answer your question directly, if I could no longer rank due to an ISO shortage, I would grind BGs for the crystal shards, I would go for Act content exploration and path rewards for the Shards and ISO, I would grind Arena for units to spend on Paragon crystals, I would just have so much more to do. But since I don't have an ISO shortage, I have a Gold shortage, I'm waiting for Incursions resets, Solo Event resets, new Arenas and new EQ's. A whole lot of waiting.
  • Options

This entire thread.

With that sort of logic, how you haven't been able to convince the devs to shower you with more gold I have no idea. Maybe you aren't using enough caps.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,517 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    I hope they have another gold trade in event. What would you pay for a 7* crystal? 20 million? 50 million? 50 seems about right.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

This entire thread.

With that sort of logic, how you haven't been able to convince the devs to shower you with more gold I have no idea. Maybe you aren't using enough caps.
    If the shoe fits…
    And you repeating the same tired prescriptions is tiring as well. No matter how many times I say I grind all milestones, the response is go grind arena.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

That's a weird statement ("Shortages aren't by design, bottlenecks are") as I have no idea what that could mean in a game design context.
    I'm mostly using the term "bottleneck" the way I've seen it used a lot in this thread. An intentional lack of a resource made specifically to slow progression. I'm using "shortage" to mean an unintentionally lacking resource, which I do believe is the case for many, if not most, low to mid tier accounts in the current economy.

I understand that Bottlenecks will always exist. What I'm worried about is that Kabam is putting such a priority on roster progression, while creating a massive imbalance between resources that only affects certain players, which I believe is unintentional.

As many have stated in this thread, the only cap on Gold is time, and that's not the case for any other rankup resource. Players who have spent years playing the game have access to the same catalysts and shards currently available, while sitting on a massive pile of the one resource new players will have an almost guaranteed bottleneck on.

Kabam has recently been putting a massive emphasis on roster diversity and development with the introduction of Battlegrounds and the utility focused paths of Act 7 and 8, as well as MEQs. I think they're matching that really well by making shards and catalysts more readily available, but only those who have been around for long enough will actually be able to make use of the bump to the availability of these resources. If that continues at the rate it's currently going, I entirely believe that new players will fall behind more than they likely should.

I just wanna make it clear that I'm not trying to advocate for all of the players with stacked accounts asking for the one resource they've thought of as trivial for ages now, I'm only referring to relatively new players attempting to catch up. I don't think players targeting T6CC have any sort of unintentional gold shortage.
  • Options
    arifin74arifin74 Posts: 105
    edited August 2023

Maat1985 said:

1. I enjoy playing Battlegrounds, and so does everyone else. So, no 'extra' effort is required. Why is everything else ( shard, cat, and etc) there?

2. The 7-hour event is way too boring. You have limited time and are forced to do things that you absolutely don't require or enjoy for very little gold. It's better to remove it from there. The other one is Incursion, a good chunk of gold aligned with the effort needed, but it's only once a week.

If gold is one of the primary resources, like shards and catalysts, then why isn't it a primary reward from anywhere in any game mode? The amount that comes with content is almost useless. Wouldn't it be good if you could have a little more there so that the gold reward is useful? It would make sense if Kabam were selling gold and making this scarcity, but they aren't. Wouldn't the game be more enjoyable with one less bottleneck? Why do you have a problem with that?

You see, a stable account like yours will have access to gold. You don't rank up so often. Even having one god-tier champion means you don't need to rank up three semi-good champions. Please don't jump into a discussion about accounts that are not in your state; that's useless. You can state how you play and have gold, and rest assured, that's not fun.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 945 ★★★★★
    What I’m confused about is that those of us who don’t have a gold problem are being told our opinion doesn’t matter as we already have established accounts. Firstly that’s relative, my accounts decent but nowhere near the likes of those at the top, so relative to them there’s loads of champs I want to rank up now but I can’t because resources are limited, I need to earn them before I can rank up who I want.
    Secondly, there’s far more gold available now than over a year or 2 ago when the push was to get to 6R3 as the highest progression level. Incursions have been made interesting so a game mode people will want to do. The daily solo and 7 hour events now have uncollected gold crystals in them. Getting 5* or 6* for dupes to sell iso is far more prevalent (although feels like far less 4* so maybe that’s a counterbalance. I always end up selling some iso that would otherwise expire.

The game also needs bottlenecks to stop it being boring. If you have everything at your finger tips when you want it, there’s less incentive to play. You might not think that and that’s fine, but I would bet the psychology behind having something to chase drives demand to play (for the majority) and that’s why managing the game economy is such a massive part of the game for Kabam.

I believe there’s going to be a piggy bank for sale that has gold. Maybe just buy it if that’s the problem.

Also most of the people I see trying to give advise and put there perspective of why they don’t believe the current amount of gold in the game is not an issue, are not kabam sycophants, we just have a balanced view of the game (at least on this topic).
  • Options
    arifin74 said:

Maat1985 said:

1. I enjoy playing Battlegrounds, and so does everyone else. So, no 'extra' effort is required. Why is everything else ( shard, cat, and etc) there?

2. The 7-hour event is way too boring. You have limited time and are forced to do things that you absolutely don't require or enjoy for very little gold. It's better to remove it from there. The other one is Incursion, a good chunk of gold aligned with the effort needed, but it's only once a week.

If gold is one of the primary resources, like shards and catalysts, then why isn't it a primary reward from anywhere in any game mode? The amount that comes with content is almost useless. Wouldn't it be good if you could have a little more there so that the gold reward is useful? It would make sense if Kabam were selling gold and making this scarcity, but they aren't. Wouldn't the game be more enjoyable with one less bottleneck? Why do you have a problem with that?

You see, a stable account like yours will have access to gold. You don't rank up so often. Even having one god-tier champion means you don't need to rank up three semi-good champions. Please don't jump into a discussion about accounts that are not in your state; that's useless. You can state how you play and have gold, and rest assured, that's not fun.
    I have to rank up because I don't want cats expiring. I also have an OCD where I can't have red notifications along the tabs bar.
  • Options
    Wozzle007 said:

What I’m confused about is that those of us who don’t have a gold problem are being told our opinion doesn’t matter as we already have established accounts

The problem mostly comes with some people in this thread being outright dismissive, and that goes for both sides, but it's a lot harder to understand how 6 month active accounts need to operate as a 6 year active account.

And as for more Gold being available now than ever, that's true, but that goes for every resource in the game as well as how much players need to use them. That's just a fact of the economy, the hard part is balancing it all out.

As for the psychological aspect, finally putting to use my one year of AP Psych, I believe that's what schedules of reinforcements are for. "Reinforcement" being the key word. Schedules of reinforcements are put in place to keep players engaged. I believe mcoc (mostly) follows variable ratio intervals, which means they reinforce players after an unpredictable amount of time. That way, players keep playing without being fully aware of when the amount of work invested will pay off any more or less than any other time. If players knew exactly when the best time to grind was, players would only engage with the game during those windows of time. This isn't always the case for spenders though, since we all know to just wait for the holidays.

But schedules of reinforcement require actual reinforcement. The issue I believe a lot of players like me are experiencing is a lack of reinforcement with Gold. I've been short on Gold for my entire mcoc history, most especially the last 4 months that I've been actively playing. If the Gold bottleneck isn't letting up, players aren't being reinforced to believe their experience will change all that much. That makes every month equally predictable. Awesome new quest? Bet I won't be able to use any of the rewards. New Featured just dropped? Can't wait to leave Silk at rank 1 level 1 for the next few weeks. Should I grind BGs for the shards and catalysts, entirely believing I won't be able to use them yet again? Probably not. The less players are reinforced, the less players can really feel engaged.
  • Options
    arifin74arifin74 Posts: 105

arifin74 said:

Maat1985 said:

I have to rank up because I don't want cats expiring. I also have an OCD where I can't have red notifications along the tabs bar.
    Haha, you got me there first. Well, how does this solution sound? :wink:
    Hi, if you don't want your Catalysts to expire, don't play any content that gives you catalyst. first get the other things needed, and then play for cat when you can use those. it will be very fun right?
  • Options

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Where do you stop?
    How do you balance it?

"maybe if they made gold crystals available in battlegrounds stores it would shut people up?"
    These are your words. You can try to argue that I'm just spinning your words, but this is exactly what you said, copy and pasted, and it doesn't exactly scream respectful..
    Telling people to shut up and not to complain (which is what you were implying i was doing,
    Is far far different to saying “maybe that will be enough to give em what they want so they stop complaing”

If you think the two are the same then i dunno what to say to you
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

What I’m confused about is that those of us who don’t have a gold problem are being told our opinion doesn’t matter as we already have established accounts

The problem mostly comes with some people in this thread being outright dismissive, and that goes for both sides, but it's a lot harder to understand how 6 month active accounts need to operate as a 6 year active account.

And as for more Gold being available now than ever, that's true, but that goes for every resource in the game as well as how much players need to use them. That's just a fact of the economy, the hard part is balancing it all out.

As for the psychological aspect, finally putting to use my one year of AP Psych, I believe that's what schedules of reinforcements are for. "Reinforcement" being the key word. Schedules of reinforcements are put in place to keep players engaged. I believe mcoc (mostly) follows variable ratio intervals, which means they reinforce players after an unpredictable amount of time. That way, players keep playing without being fully aware of when the amount of work invested will pay off any more or less than any other time. If players knew exactly when the best time to grind was, players would only engage with the game during those windows of time. This isn't always the case for spenders though, since we all know to just wait for the holidays.

But schedules of reinforcement require actual reinforcement. The issue I believe a lot of players like me are experiencing is a lack of reinforcement with Gold. I've been short on Gold for my entire mcoc history, most especially the last 4 months that I've been actively playing. If the Gold bottleneck isn't letting up, players aren't being reinforced to believe their experience will change all that much. That makes every month equally predictable. Awesome new quest? Bet I won't be able to use any of the rewards. New Featured just dropped? Can't wait to leave Silk at rank 1 level 1 for the next few weeks. Should I grind BGs for the shards and catalysts, entirely believing I won't be able to use them yet again? Probably not. The less players are reinforced, the less players can really feel engaged.
    But thats the thing, the game os a marathon not a sprint.
    You can’t expect to build a roster to compete with a 6. Year old account in 6months.
    Gold is one resource that literally just takes time to get. The longer you play the less of an issue it is.
    That is just by design of the game.

You know how many 6* i have at 1/1.
    I got all the featured from last crystal.
    Most of them not ranked.
    I got 4 of the new champs so far. None ranked.

I have 115 6* at rank 1 v 81 above that.
    That is huge.
    Even if i had more gold, how quick could i rank them before i run out of cats?
    If i could rank them all then what?
    We just gotta do our best to be smart about who and when we rank and be smart about focusing on the resources we need.
    My account is 7 years old.
    Yes we need to spend more gold than we did 5 years ago but we also earn a tonne more.

When i need gold i play incursions, i play arena, i do 7hr events. I spend gold every single level up.
    And most advancments.
    But by the time next level up rolls around i have generally gotten most if not all of it back. Depending of course on exactly what i did rank up.
    July 4, i was down at under 1 mil gold for the first time in a while.
    I have ranked more champs in the (just under) 2 months since then than i had in the 6 months before that.
    I now have 3 mil gold and a stash of UC crystals.

I strongly and truly believe your expectations on how quick you can rank is where your problem is.

• Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 694 ★★★★

This entire thread.

Have I become a usual suspect now?
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 694 ★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

It would be harder to understand the perspective of a newer account except for alts. Many people here (myself included) have at least one alt account. Because of that, I have the perspective of both an older account that's made it to paragon and a newer account that's progressing.
  • Options
    arifin74 said:

arifin74 said:

Maat1985 said:

Haha, you got me there first. Well, how does this solution sound? :wink:
    Hi, if you don't want your Catalysts to expire, don't play any content that gives you catalyst. first get the other things needed, and then play for cat when you can use those. it will be very fun right?
    Another wrong suggestion. There’s no way to do this reasonably. For example, I do TB and Cav EQ for gold and the catalysts from that go into overflow.

But my account is actually OK, I have tons of ranked up champs, enough to do any content and do moderately well in GC every season.

It’s the newer/smaller accounts in my alliance family who are are really struggling for gold. They are not ranking every champ because they ask players in the higher alliances if champs are worth taking up.

If Kabam simply scaled up gold regularly like they scale up rank up mats and the requirements of higher rarity champs, this wouldn’t be an issue. There is zero reason for gold to be a bottleneck when champ RNG, rank up mats, and ISO already are. As long as someone isn’t ranking every champ they get and is sticking to the highest rarity, gold should be relatively available.

Also people here pretending they grind arena all day on all accounts are wild.