Options

GOLD! GOLD! GOLD! | Kabam Please Resolve this!

Comments

• Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    edited August 2023

smdam38 said:

So your stance @GroundedWisdom is that gold shortage isn’t an issue? Because it isn’t for you.

Thanks for proving my point.

My stance is there's no shortage of Gold in the game currently, and people like to blame the system but refuse to look at how they spend it.
    The problem with that is that you have no idea how much players look at how they spend it. You know that you, in particular, take longer than most to progress. And if that's how you choose to play the game, that's okay, but there are players putting a lot of effort in to compete and are having their efforts wasted by this one bottleneck. If you don't see that, that's also okay, but you can't deny that it's there and it's an issue unless you really put the effort in to understand it, which you're not doing.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 879 ★★★
    There obviously is.
    I’m ready to call this convo quits.
    Kabaam will address this.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 945 ★★★★★
    smdam38 said:

Skydad23 said:

Spending an hour in arena will net you more gold than a quest will.

Wait, you have to spend time in the game mode designed for this very problem?
    In our in arena will give you what maybe 100,000 gold???? Lmao!!! what so if I spent five hours in the game grinding hey monotonous grind I still wouldn’t have enough to take a 6star from rank1 to rank2 lol!!! Nobody should have to put in full-time hours to take a character from rank one to rank two. That anyone could argue this is just silly.
    Just ignore them. Most of these posters are hilariously out of touch or have save thousands of gold crystals over years and don’t care. None of them are serious people.
    Respectfully, isn't it better to get answers from people who know how to manage their gold than those that don't?
    This is assuming anyone short on Gold doesn't know how to manage it, which is just an ignorant assumption
    Reasons people could be running out of gold:
    1. Ranking too many champs beyond their ability to get gold
    2. Improper resource management
    3. Not utilizing available resources of gold
    4. The game doesn't actually give enough gold?
    If you're in the first case, you are ranking up too many too soon compared to what you can do. The answer is patience.

The second and third cases are what have been discussed here.

The fourth case is where arena comes to disprove the theory. You might not like the game mode, but it certainly doesn't take hours every day to accomplish rank ups if you can manage everything else well.

If I am missing something, I am open to correction.
    Gonna go partial 3/4.
    Again, how much gold do you get outside arena that a lot don’t want to play or in crystals?

If it’s crystals, most will hoard because of the yearly double up on gold.
    They buffed all the gold crystals a year or so ago. There is no yearly double up on gold. There’s literally zero need to hoard gold. If you’ve ran out of gold, but have gold crystals saved open them. There is no reason at all to save them if you’ve ran out of gold.
  • Options
    You don’t think so? Ok.
  • Options
    We’ll see I guess.
  • Options
    Go_ToGo_To Posts: 317 ★★★

You are SUPPOSED to play all the various game modes, that's how the game works.

Now, if you choose to just focus on 1 or 2 modes, then you're limited to the rewards tied to those one or two modes.

The idea that players should just play game modes they don't enjoy kinda misses the entire reason for video games to exist. You say this now, but if they added UC Gold crystals to the Battlegrounds store, would you complain then? If they put 3 million gold in the Paragauntlet each month, would you complain then? Would you say they shouldn't be doing that because we should be forced to play the game mode we don't like? Probably not. The idea that we're supposed to just numb our minds and hit the unenjoyable grind because that's how the game is designed is completely closed minded.

Believe it or not, those that are short on Gold don't just play 1 or 2 modes, we just avoid 1 or 2 modes and play literally everything else. I'm not a fan of grinding for rewards, as it feels more like a waste of time. Shutting your brain off while repeating the same action over and over again isn't how fighting games should be designed. If I wanted to do that, I'd download Cookie Clicker.
    Grinding is a part of most games which require collecting resources. People don't HAVE to run things they find boring and grindy. They just won't have access to all the resources they want. That's the part about making choices. Choosing to opt out means sacrificing something.
    Grinding arena for hours and hours shouldn’t be the only way to get decent gold. There should be more diverse lucrative ways to obtain it.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,300 ★★★★★
    Go_To said:

You are SUPPOSED to play all the various game modes, that's how the game works.

Now, if you choose to just focus on 1 or 2 modes, then you're limited to the rewards tied to those one or two modes.

The idea that players should just play game modes they don't enjoy kinda misses the entire reason for video games to exist. You say this now, but if they added UC Gold crystals to the Battlegrounds store, would you complain then? If they put 3 million gold in the Paragauntlet each month, would you complain then? Would you say they shouldn't be doing that because we should be forced to play the game mode we don't like? Probably not. The idea that we're supposed to just numb our minds and hit the unenjoyable grind because that's how the game is designed is completely closed minded.

Believe it or not, those that are short on Gold don't just play 1 or 2 modes, we just avoid 1 or 2 modes and play literally everything else. I'm not a fan of grinding for rewards, as it feels more like a waste of time. Shutting your brain off while repeating the same action over and over again isn't how fighting games should be designed. If I wanted to do that, I'd download Cookie Clicker.
    Grinding is a part of most games which require collecting resources. People don't HAVE to run things they find boring and grindy. They just won't have access to all the resources they want. That's the part about making choices. Choosing to opt out means sacrificing something.
    Grinding arena for hours and hours shouldn’t be the only way to get decent gold. There should be more diverse lucrative ways to obtain it.
    There is. In fact, after all the changes they've made, the Arena is only a small amount we get in a month. Which is why I said a certain amount comes down to how much we're Ranking and how often.
  • Options
    Wozzle007 said:

Throughout the thread, people have commented on other ways to obtain gold (myself included), these have been ignored and Arena is being fixated on as if it’s the single option for everyone to obtain gold. It isn’t.

But there is also the reality that if you are using more gold than you have coming in, you need to slow it down. Focus on ranking up champions that will make a significant difference to the content you’re tackling, rather than every champion and complaining to Kabam there isn’t enough gold. Bottlenecks are a part of the game by design. If you unlimited gold to rank up all your champions, then a different rank up resource would be the bottleneck. For me, it’s currently T6CC not gold, that’s my bottle neck, but that doesn’t mean there’s a lack of it in the game, it means I need to be patient, acquire it when it becomes available and not waste it on champions I don’t ultimately use. There absolutely is gold available, just gotta make sure you’re grabbing it. And I don’t play arena.

Those other options aren't being ignored, we've addressed that they aren't enough. Then people have said "grind Arena then" and we've addressed that Arena is outright inefficient considering our current roster size. Then it goes in a circle where the idea that a Gold shortage for progressing players exists is impossible... according to non progressing players, of course.

Being at different progression points requires different levels of resource management. I don't see how people far beyond the point that a Gold shortage might exist are so confident that it just can't exist. Yes, bottlenecks exist. As do resource shortages. What sort of information could you be given that would actually have you believing a gold shortage exists? From what it seems, you wouldn't believe it no matter what. Either players are experiencing a shortage because they aren't doing enough or they are experiencing a shortage, but that's actually a bottleneck because they're doing too much, so they should stop progressing and just wait.

I currently have no reason to buy deals or do content right now because of how lacking I am in Gold. No matter what I play, unless it's Arena, the rewards will go entirely untouched. My roster is also likely many times smaller than yours. If this isn't a shortage, I'm really not sure what a shortage would look like to you.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,241 ★★★★★
    Go_To said:

GroundedWisdom @Demonzfyre
    I’ve noticed you two are the most vocal about how gold is perfectly fine the way it is. All I ask is you read my post with an open mind.

Yes I agree that there is a gold shortage, more so now because of one huge factor, inflation. A year or two ago, gold wasn’t as much of an issue because of how much it cost to rank 6*, however the amount we “need” to spend nowadays has increased dramatically without the gold doing so.
    With 7*, relics and the new ascension mechanic all relying on immense amounts of it, if we don’t see an uptick in how much is given out inflation will start to really climb.

So yes, technically you guys are right we should use it wisely, however we also need to be given ways to gain more without spending our life in arena considering the current games state.

Can you show me where I said gold is perfectly fine the way it is? When and where did I say that?
  • Options
    Lol. Is gold a problem or not?
    It’s a binary problem.
    Yes or no?
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    This above - well put.
  • Options
    arifin74arifin74 Posts: 105
    edited August 2023
    Well, to offer my opinion and summarize the discussion I've read:

I'm not sure what those people are thinking when they brag about saved-up arena crystals or sitting on millions of gold. When I have a stacked 6-star roster with at least 20 of the best champions, grind in the arena for every new champion for over a year, and rank up a champion once in a while, then I'll be in your current state too.

The arena is a bad place to invest time, especially for gold. People will play in the arena when they want champs or other things the arena is running for. It's so exhausting and time-consuming for that gold. Also, you need good ranked-up champs to hit the milestones. Think about how hard it is to play the arena with a small roster and unranked champs.

The best place for gold is solo events and incursions for now. But not every solo event can be done, like the 7-hour advancement ones. I can't afford to level up anything only because an event is going on (I am uncollected).

There are many ways now to get rank-up materials. If I've worked hard to earn champions and catalysts, and catalysts are going to expire and I can't play those champions, what's the point of putting in effort then?

This is purely personal, I only have 1 maxed 5* out of 35 champs. Don't I want my Battlegroup's defense to be a little better instead of rank 1 5*s? . 4* champs like Hurc, Doom, and Hood got me through a lot of content; Act 6 is a different world. How slow should I go? This just from a player progressing with 5 star. Imagine the situation of the players who wants to progress with 6 stars :neutral:

So, there is definitely an issue with gold not keeping up with the progressing players. It would be better to have some gold-specific content for progressing players to balance things with other materials.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,373 ★★★★
    I just bought out the entire gold reserves in the filament store and auto'd all the halls of fortunes (which I'll admit are very outdated in terms of gold)
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 694 ★★★★
    arifin74 said:

I'm not sure what those people are thinking when they brag about saved-up arena crystals or sitting on millions of gold. When I have a stacked 6-star roster with at least 20 of the best champions, grind in the arena for every new champion for over a year, and rank up a champion once in a while, then I'll be in your current state too.

The arena is a bad place to invest time, especially for gold. People will play in the arena when they want champs or other things the arena is running for. It's so exhausting and time-consuming for that gold. Also, you need good ranked-up champs to hit the milestones. Think about how hard it is to play the arena with a small roster and unranked champs.

The best place for gold is solo events and incursions for now. But not every solo event can be done, like the 7-hour advancement ones. I can't afford to level up anything only because an event is going on (I am uncollected).

There are many ways now to get rank-up materials. If I've worked hard to earn champions and catalysts, and catalysts are going to expire and I can't play those champions, what's the point of putting in effort then?

This is purely personal, I only have 1 maxed 5* out of 35 champs. Don't I want my Battlegroup's defense to be a little better instead of rank 1 5*s? . 4* champs like Hurc, Doom, and Hood got me through a lot of content; Act 6 is a different world. How slow should I go? This just from a player progressing with 5 star. Imagine the situation of the players who wants to progress with 6 stars :neutral:

So, there is definitely an issue with gold not keeping up with the progressing players. It would be better to have some gold-specific content for progressing players to balance things with other materials.

I would argue that gold is much easier to get now than it was when most of us were "progressing accounts."

Side note I think you underestimate the value of arena in general, especially for units. If you want to progress without spending money, units from arena go a long way.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 981 ★★★★
    We are definitely seeing more gold since 3-4 months ago but my gold stash is always down to 100k once i start leveling and ranking up champs every week. My gold is to have over 10 mill gold and i have never crossed 8 mill :D
  • Options

arifin74 said:

I would argue that gold is much easier to get now than it was when most of us were "progressing accounts."

Side note I think you underestimate the value of arena in general, especially for units. If you want to progress without spending money, units from arena go a long way.
    It's also much more important to spend than ever
  • Options
    arifin74arifin74 Posts: 105
    edited August 2023

arifin74 said:

Agreed. I mean, no one's saying that acquiring gold is the same as it was 3/4 years ago. I started a new account after almost a 3/4 (not exactly sure) years' break. Back then, I never even thought I could ever have 1+ million gold. Also, back then, 5* rank 5 wasn't a thing.

I agree regarding the units too. The arena is pretty much the only way after story quests. Back then, units were so important for progress. Now, I googled what to spend units on, so I don't waste them. The results said energy refills and mastery (excluding the deals as they don't seem too important to miss). So, it's just that people probably don't give much importance to units. People don't buy champion crystals anymore, I think. I might be a little biased because of previous experience when the arena was the primary content to get the main currency (units) and top-class champions. You needed to play a LOT in the arena to keep up as F2P, where I failed completely 😝. Playing arena is tedious, way more time consuming for little reward, it just get my nerve when someone casually say "just play arena"...

Let's keep the discussion within the gold acquisition...
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 945 ★★★★★
    I don’t personally have a gold issue, but for this round of the level up event I’ve taken one champ from 6R3 to R4. That’s about it. I could take another champ to R4 but waiting until I hit Gladiators Circuit, so will be next level up event.

After that I still have plenty of gold but won’t have enough T6b/T3a and T6cc. That will be my bottle neck. I could take of champions to R2 or R3 but I don’t need them at the level so would be a waste of resources to rank up at this point.

For those who do have a gold problem, how many 6 or 7* champions are you ranking up at once in order use to all your gold? Do you complete the daily solo events to acquire the gold and golden crystals. Are you playing incursions and using the stores to buy gold before the other resources, are you using glory store to buy gold, have you played Thronebreaker difficulty MEQ, have you opened up your golden crystals and uncollected golden crystals?
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 780 ★★★★
    Player 1: I’m short on gold.
    GW and co: Get gud.

GW: I can’t get past G1
    Player 1: Get gud.
    GW: No it’s Kabam’s fault!

The fundamental issue is why do we even need to manage gold? We have to manage catalysts, iso, acquire the champs, then hunt for gold as well?

326 for a 3* dupe
    1163 for a 4* dupe
    1163 for a 5* dupe
    1163 for a 6* dupe

Who thought this was logical and who thinks this is “just fine”.

• Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 780 ★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

I don’t personally have a gold issue, but for this round of the level up event I’ve taken one champ from 6R3 to R4. That’s about it. I could take another champ to R4 but waiting until I hit Gladiators Circuit, so will be next level up event.

After that I still have plenty of gold but won’t have enough T6b/T3a and T6cc. That will be my bottle neck. I could take of champions to R2 or R3 but I don’t need them at the level so would be a waste of resources to rank up at this point.

For those who do have a gold problem, how many 6 or 7* champions are you ranking up at once in order use to all your gold? Do you complete the daily solo events to acquire the gold and golden crystals. Are you playing incursions and using the stores to buy gold before the other resources, are you using glory store to buy gold, have you played Thronebreaker difficulty MEQ, have you opened up your golden crystals and uncollected golden crystals?

Maybe every other level up, someone gets ranked. I have a decent roster so not in a rush to rank new 6*. Each rank and level wiped out my gold.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,241 ★★★★★

The fundamental issue is why do we even need to manage gold? We have to manage catalysts, iso, acquire the champs, then hunt for gold as well?

326 for a 3* dupe
    1163 for a 4* dupe
    1163 for a 5* dupe
    1163 for a 6* dupe

Thankfully, champion dupes aren't the only place for gold. Why do you all do this?
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,175 ★★★★
    I save and open my gold crystals once per year (on my bday) and just did that this weekend and netted ~118million & am at a 317mil balance currently.

There are ways/strategies (even outside of grinding arena non-stop) to manage your resources to have reasonable amounts of Gold.

While that being said & myself being F2P, even without opening Gold crystals throughout the year, I generally still gain gold (even doing map8 and paying via Gold only)… BUT since July 4th - with the amount of champs & resources coming in, I have lost about 30million from my stash.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,300 ★★★★★

326 for a 3* dupe
    1163 for a 4* dupe
    1163 for a 5* dupe
    1163 for a 6* dupe

This is false. On both counts. I never told anyone to "Git gud.". I said that there's lots of Gold in the game, so I don't call that a shortage, and people also need to consider how much they're spending and how fast.
    I also never said "No it's Kabam's fault!". I said it was on the people who can't stand to see anyone lower than their own Roster and Rating have a modicum of success. Kabam is making the changes that some people are asking for, and to a certain extent need to be made. No doubt. Not to the extreme that BGs have been changed. Altering the Tokens the first time was part of it and made the climb reasonable, and the other part that was going to help was the streamlining. With the extra effort added, it's overkill and the only people fine with it are the select few that don't have any issue at all, and never did. But hey, if they want to destroy the game mode just to please themselves, they can have at it. For myself, and I suspect I'm not alone, beating my head against a wall every month to have a few Tiers of success isn't worth my time.