Fixing BG for 95% of players with one simple change

Comments

• peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,445 ★★★★
    Fryday said:

I write long, so for anyone who can't be bother:-

TDLR:-
    Change - From Gold Tier 3 to Vibranium Tier 2
    Requirement - 5 Token to progress to the next Tier, Win = + 2 Token, Lose = - 1 Token.
    Yep it is that simple.

Explanation below:-

Since the start of BGs, I have seen so many posts made regarding various issue about BG, including instant KO and auto drafting.

However I feel like this season have the most posts made about the discontent with the game mode. Most are about the "unfair" matching system, I can do appreciated the argument from both side.

1) I do understand and accept that highly skilled players or/and big accounts should get better rewards.

2) While at the same time I can understand the hopelessness feeling when facing an account 3 or 4 times bigger than yourself:-

Like this for example:-

The result was a Lost 1-2, I was quite happy to manage to win 1 fight.

Now to help with this Kabam create an artificial matching calculation so players mainly have matchup similar to their account size until Platinum. However this created 2 problems:-

1) Players with larger accounts, have to face some very hard matchup until they get to Plat, so don't feel/get the benefit for all of their hard work /spending in building big accounts

2) Players at lower level get an misconception and shock when they made it to Plat and start facing much bigger account, as the matching calculation change and start to match all players in the same Tier.

So Kabam solution was the Seeding systems, which in theory would of work, however by starting the 1 Token Win and -1 Token Lost at Gold, and have 3 Tiers in Vibranium that require 5 Token per Tier. It complete defeated the propose of seeding. As all it does is create a bottleneck problem in the Vibranium Ranking. Players might start at different ranking, however a lot would just get stuck at Vibranium (if anything the seeding and the new Ranking, only make this problem start even earlier, that is why so many players faced this problem and so many post about it).

Take my matchup above, with someone at the skill level and account size, I would imagine he/she should be in GC by the beginning of week 2, instead of still in Vibranium with a small players like myself. Right now as we are coming into the end of week 2, there are no player in GC between Uru 3 and 2, as most that would normally be there are still stuck in the 1 win, 1 lost Vibranium trap.

So by change how the Ranking and Token progress between Gold 3 and Vibranium

Requirement - 5 Token to progress to the next Tier, Win = + 2 Token, Lose = - 1 Token.

it help with so many BG problems and people involve including:-

Matching Problem:-
    This combine with the seeding system, it would mean the players can make a steady progress toward the level that meant to be for them. In doing so players would naturally be matched with similar account size / skills level to themselves, as bigger account or higher skill level would move through those ranking faster.

I'm not saying that every players will get to GC, but at least whatever Ranking you are end up, you would of gotten there while facing similar players to yourself, which make losing a bit easier to accept.

Point Farming
    Another complain players have made before is some players stay in a certain Ranking to farm for point (to be fair this only work with very big size account to guarantee the win, so a every small amount of players, I assume), currently with the 1 Token Win, -1 Token Lost and require 5 Tokens to progress in Vibranium, for anyone that does Point farming, I would imagine it would be so much easier to do so.

But if it was 2 Token Win, -1 Token Lost and require 5 Tokens to progress in Vibranium, it would be much more work to Point farm, as you would have to Lose 2 for every 1 Win. So it won't stop players if that what they really want to do, but it sure would be more work.

Kabam Development Team
    For the team, well this should fix the problem with the BG Mode, and less concern for the team.

Kabam Forum Team
    For @Kabam Miike and @Kabam Jax , it would mean less Thread made about how unfair the matching system is to deal with lol

For anyone else that doesn't find any problem with BG at the moment, well then there is no problem then, might just mean less waiting time to find a match for yourself.

So really the only people that would not benefit from this would be players the Point Farming, in which case, you can press the Disagreed button.

About the pause glitch, no ideas for Kabam?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,511 ★★★★★

Fryday said:

Yep it is that simple.

Since the start of BGs, I have seen so many posts made regarding various issue about BG, including instant KO and auto drafting.

However I feel like this season have the most posts made about the discontent with the game mode. Most are about the "unfair" matching system, I can do appreciated the argument from both side.

1) I do understand and accept that highly skilled players or/and big accounts should get better rewards.

2) While at the same time I can understand the hopelessness feeling when facing an account 3 or 4 times bigger than yourself:-

Now to help with this Kabam create an artificial matching calculation so players mainly have matchup similar to their account size until Platinum. However this created 2 problems:-

1) Players with larger accounts, have to face some very hard matchup until they get to Plat, so don't feel/get the benefit for all of their hard work /spending in building big accounts

2) Players at lower level get an misconception and shock when they made it to Plat and start facing much bigger account, as the matching calculation change and start to match all players in the same Tier.

So Kabam solution was the Seeding systems, which in theory would of work, however by starting the 1 Token Win and -1 Token Lost at Gold, and have 3 Tiers in Vibranium that require 5 Token per Tier. It complete defeated the propose of seeding. As all it does is create a bottleneck problem in the Vibranium Ranking. Players might start at different ranking, however a lot would just get stuck at Vibranium (if anything the seeding and the new Ranking, only make this problem start even earlier, that is why so many players faced this problem and so many post about it).

Take my matchup above, with someone at the skill level and account size, I would imagine he/she should be in GC by the beginning of week 2, instead of still in Vibranium with a small players like myself. Right now as we are coming into the end of week 2, there are no player in GC between Uru 3 and 2, as most that would normally be there are still stuck in the 1 win, 1 lost Vibranium trap.

This combine with the seeding system, it would mean the players can make a steady progress toward the level that meant to be for them. In doing so players would naturally be matched with similar account size / skills level to themselves, as bigger account or higher skill level would move through those ranking faster.

I'm not saying that every players will get to GC, but at least whatever Ranking you are end up, you would of gotten there while facing similar players to yourself, which make losing a bit easier to accept.

Point Farming
    Another complain players have made before is some players stay in a certain Ranking to farm for point (to be fair this only work with very big size account to guarantee the win, so a every small amount of players, I assume), currently with the 1 Token Win, -1 Token Lost and require 5 Tokens to progress in Vibranium, for anyone that does Point farming, I would imagine it would be so much easier to do so.

But if it was 2 Token Win, -1 Token Lost and require 5 Tokens to progress in Vibranium, it would be much more work to Point farm, as you would have to Lose 2 for every 1 Win. So it won't stop players if that what they really want to do, but it sure would be more work.

Kabam Development Team
    For the team, well this should fix the problem with the BG Mode, and less concern for the team.

Kabam Forum Team
    For @Kabam Miike and @Kabam Jax , it would mean less Thread made about how unfair the matching system is to deal with lol

For anyone else that doesn't find any problem with BG at the moment, well then there is no problem then, might just mean less waiting time to find a match for yourself.

So really the only people that would not benefit from this would be players the Point Farming, in which case, you can press the Disagreed button.

I actually suggested an idea some time back where you get a reduction in Points for some time being paused. I suppose that penalizes people who force-close due to a glitch. Which actually happened to me this Season a couple times. Middle of the Fight, App closed itself.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,626 ★★★★★
    You guys really dont understand why there are 10 tiers of win 1 lose 1 do ya?...
    How many tiers from gold 3 to plat 2?
    How many tiers from plat 1 to GC?
    Yes you guessed right its 5 and 5... 5+5= 10
    They are giving the same ammount of win 1 coin lose 1 coin to people that start in bronze as the people who start at Plat1 due to seeding.
    If you didn't push as far as you could last season to have to do less matches is not the structures fault, its the player's fault.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★

10 Tiers of consecutive Wins isn't a reasonable system. I don't care who thinks others belong where. That's for their efforts to decide. Only, when you pigeon-hole those efforts, then you have a system that is designed with the outcome of keeping people frozen, not progressing over time. Which should be the case. As they advance their Rosters, and continue making an effort in the competition, and their skills improve, then they should have the ability to move higher. That's how growth works.
    The current setup is too punishing to allow, or even encourage that. If people want a competition that they Rank the same thing every month and no one moves, we have AQ for that.

Just because you can't do something doesn't mean it's unreasonable.
    Who said I can't?
    You have said multiple times that you've been stuck in BGs.
    Nope. I was in Gold 1 for a few days. Coming up on D1 now.
    Regardless, I'm an adult. I know the difference between my own issues and the system as a whole.
    I'm going to have a hard time for a while because I'm new Paragon, and it will take time for the next phase of growing my Roster. Which is why I don't complain about my own personal situation.
    I'm talking about the system's expectations for people from Gold up, and it's too narrow. Not completely off, just in need of adjustment.
    You're trying to act like some White Knight fighting for the little guy with no ulterior motives. I call BS on you for fighting so hard and not complaining about your own personal situation.

10 Tiers of consecutive Wins isn't a reasonable system. I don't care who thinks others belong where. That's for their efforts to decide. Only, when you pigeon-hole those efforts, then you have a system that is designed with the outcome of keeping people frozen, not progressing over time. Which should be the case. As they advance their Rosters, and continue making an effort in the competition, and their skills improve, then they should have the ability to move higher. That's how growth works.
    The current setup is too punishing to allow, or even encourage that. If people want a competition that they Rank the same thing every month and no one moves, we have AQ for that.

Who said I can't?
    Regardless, I'm an adult. I know the difference between my own issues and the system as a whole.
    I'm going to have a hard time for a while because I'm new Paragon, and it will take time for the next phase of growing my Roster. Which is why I don't complain about my own personal situation.
    I'm talking about the system's expectations for people from Gold up, and it's too narrow. Not completely off, just in need of adjustment.
    You're trying to act like some White Knight fighting for the little guy with no ulterior motives. I call BS on you for fighting so hard and not complaining about your own personal situation.
    You can call what you like, buds. I'm not complaining about my own situation at all.
    Last Season I wasn't up for the new changes. This Season I was stubborn enough to try. So I started at Bronze 1, and I'm in Diamond 1 now. So I'm not doing that bad.
    You know, it is possible for people to have concerns that are not self-serving.

Who said I can't?
    You can call what you like, buds. I'm not complaining about my own situation at all.
    Last Season I wasn't up for the new changes. This Season I was stubborn enough to try. So I started at Bronze 1, and I'm in Diamond 1 now. So I'm not doing that bad.
    That's great, but I don't believe you're not talking about your own situation.
  • DUHveedDUHveed Member Posts: 356 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    I’ve seen some people recommend a “casual league” and I don’t think that’s too bad of an idea. My only thing is what would those players be “competing” for? Bragging/flex rights? Because if you put actual rewards in there we’re gonna have the exact same issues come up.

Edit: I don’t think this is a bad idea in the sense you could use this for practice/testing and not being dependent on a friend/ally mate to be available for a friendly

Who said I can't?
    How so? I started from Bronze with the toughest Matches possible. I made it to D1 within less than 2 weeks, and now I'm at the point where my suggestion wouldn't even affect me because I suggested keeping Vibranium the same. Other than my own experience going through the slog, my concerns aren't self-serving. Nice try, though.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 984 ★★★★

Fryday said:

Yep it is that simple.

Point Farming

Kabam Development Team

Kabam Forum Team

Hi @peixemacaco ,

You are right I missed that one out, but then again I not employed by Kabam, so maybe the Kabam team can work on that one.

I don't know on top of my head, maybe just remove the Pause option.

While they are at it maybe remove the Accept matches too, not sure why we need that, it not like we see who we will be facing before Accepting the match. lol
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 984 ★★★★
    DUHveed said:

I’ve seen some people recommend a “casual league” and I don’t think that’s too bad of an idea. My only thing is what would those players be “competing” for? Bragging/flex rights? Because if you put actual rewards in there we’re gonna have the exact same issues come up.

Edit: I don’t think this is a bad idea in the sense you could use this for practice/testing and not being dependent on a friend/ally mate to be available for a friendly

Hi @DUHveed ,

To be honest, I kind of see the VT as the casual league to encourage participation really, it just that right now with the way the Token work it is neither here or there.

As for the real competitiveness, there is where we got GC for, players really fight it out for point and can go up and down the ranking.

And for those that want the top level competition, we got the BG Brawler.

Who said I can't?
    How so? I started from Bronze with the toughest Matches possible. I made it to D1 within less than 2 weeks, and now I'm at the point where my suggestion wouldn't even affect me because I suggested keeping Vibranium the same. Other than my own experience going through the slog, my concerns aren't self-serving. Nice try, though.
    You're against 1 token wins and are currently in the 1 token win section of the VT. Seems like you'd be greatly helped if they went back to 2 token wins at your lever GW.
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,445 ★★★★
    Fryday said:

Fryday said:

Yep it is that simple.

Point Farming

Kabam Development Team

Kabam Forum Team

Hi @peixemacaco ,

You are right I missed that one out, but then again I not employed by Kabam, so maybe the Kabam team can work on that one.

I don't know on top of my head, maybe just remove the Pause option.

While they are at it maybe remove the Accept matches too, not sure why we need that, it not like we see who we will be facing before Accepting the match. lol
    Totally agree...with accept matches too
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,240 ★★★
    It needs to go back to +2 -1 NOW. The enjoyment of the mode has been sucked dry this season. It’s absolutely horrible.
    edited September 2023

It needs to go back to +2 -1 NOW. The enjoyment of the mode has been sucked dry this season. It’s absolutely horrible.

You mean the reward acquisition process.
    If someone can give me a legit reason why someone who can't win over 50% or his matches should keep on moving foward please?
    Kabam needs to open Friendly matches to be able to match random people at your level. That would fix the issue because I've been told numerous times that it's about enjoyment, not rewards.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,240 ★★★
    No I mean the medals in the higher tiers. Do the 1-1 in the tiers that require 3 wins but the 5 medals should go back to +2 medals -1 medal

No I mean the medals in the higher tiers. Do the 1-1 in the tiers that require 3 wins but the 5 medals should go back to +2 medals -1 medal

So what is the point or making it 5 medals if it takes the same ammount of wins than a 3 medal? 🤣

Who said I can't?
    You're against 1 token wins and are currently in the 1 token win section of the VT. Seems like you'd be greatly helped if they went back to 2 token wins at your lever GW.
    Wrong.

I suggested 2/1 Tokens up to Vibranium, with 5 Tokens required for Diamond. So I'm past the point that would even affect me.
  • JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Member Posts: 442 ★★★

I could understand asking for literally anything else to change except this. Players' win rates evening out to 50% is the exact way that Ranked competitive game designers know they've made a good system. It's a constant for a reason. It literally just means that you are as strong as everyone else in your tier.

Asking for "strength" to be determined by skill rather than roster size is much more reasonable, though I doubt Kabam will ever go for that.

Who said I can't?
    Wrong.

I suggested 2/1 Tokens up to Vibranium, with 5 Tokens required for Diamond. So I'm past the point that would even affect me.
    Diamond is below Vibranium so you want 2/1 in your current tier.

Who said I can't?
    Wrong.

Diamond 1 is 5 Tokens to make it to Vibranium 3. You new?

Who said I can't?
    Wrong.

WTF does that have to do with anything? "I suggested 2/1 Tokens up to Vibranium". That's what you want. The number of tokens needed doesn't matter.

Who said I can't?
    Wrong.

WTF does that have to do with anything? "I suggested 2/1 Tokens up to Vibranium". That's what you want. The number of tokens needed doesn't matter.
    You're not following.
    I'm in Diamond 1. It takes 5 Tokens to get to Vibranium 3. Which, under my suggestion, wouldn't affect me. I'd still need 5 Tokens at 1 per Win where I'm at.
    You earn based on the Tier you're going up to. Not the one you're in.

Who said I can't?
    Wrong.

You're not following.
    I'm in Diamond 1. It takes 5 Tokens to get to Vibranium 3. Which, under my suggestion, wouldn't affect me. I'd still need 5 Tokens at 1 per Win where I'm at.
    It will still affect you next season since you will be seeded playing for 1 token per win.
    Kabam made it 5 tiers of 1 token wins to get to GC from Plat1 and 1 token per win for people that claim being stuck in Plat2.
    Its really not hard to understand their intentions.

Who said I can't?
    Wrong.

You're not following.
    It will still affect you next season since you will be seeded playing for 1 token per win.
    Kabam made it 5 tiers of 1 token wins to get to GC from Plat1 and 1 token per win for people that claim being stuck in Plat2.
    Still speaking for Kabam?

Who said I can't?
    Wrong.

You're not following.
    I'm not following it because your suggestion makes no sense.
    You're certainly entitled to your own opinion.

Who said I can't?
    Wrong.

You're not following.
    Wow twisting words again?..
    Understand their intentions is speaking for them?.
    I guess its pure coincidence that they made the split right down the middle uh?
    I guess its also coincidence the only 2 times you made it to GC were during the seasons that they had 2 win 1 loss coin system.
    I guess its pure coincidence that you talk about 10 tiers of 1-1 coin when you actually didn't bother to advance and wouldn't have to suffer 10 tiers.
    I guess its coincidence that they reverted back to the old system after they saw too many people in GC and noticed people needed 200 points to get out of URU.
    If ALL that seems coincidental to you sure I am speaking for Kabam, if its not coincidental its the right interpretation.

Who said I can't?
    Wrong.

You're not following.
    Typical GW passive aggressiveness and avoiding the main point being that you would benefit from the changes next season. What a joke.
    You're continually inserting conjecture on behalf of Kabam’s intentions.
    The argument that I'd benefit personally isn't sound regardless. No more so than anyone else who has to slog through the VT from Plat up.
    My motivations are not self-serving. You can argue otherwise all you like, but when the same two people keep contradicting everything I say in these Threads, it's clear that one of us is making an effort to be productive. The others are just arguing for the sake of arguing.