Options

BG Pain Points

Comments

• Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023

As the elected champion of the little guy, you would think that GW would support a system that gives smaller players with more skill a chance to win over the big guy.

Define skill. It takes skill to take the Champ down.
    Taking down a champ doesn't take much skill. Not getting hit and playing around the nodes does take skill. Not getting hit and taking down a champ takes the most skill.

Getting hit in the face because you don't know how to dex or fight an opponent is not a skill.
    Actually it does take skill. You have 2 minutes to get the Champ down, and that takes skill. People aren't just standing still taking every hit. There is no room for error, and that's the problem I'm trying to highlight.
    Why should the person who makes more errors win over the person who makes less?
    Why should someone who focused more on keeping Health than taking Damage down win?
    Why do you keep pretending the other person just dexed for 2 mins?
    If you lose after getting your KO, it means the other person dealt a significant ammount of damage while not getting hit. Why do you keep pretending the other person just danced across the screen the whole time.
    Yeah I don't understand that. If you play great have full health and get them down to 3% it should count for something for having a mostly clean fight.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

As the elected champion of the little guy, you would think that GW would support a system that gives smaller players with more skill a chance to win over the big guy.

Taking down a champ doesn't take much skill. Not getting hit and playing around the nodes does take skill. Not getting hit and taking down a champ takes the most skill.

Getting hit in the face because you don't know how to dex or fight an opponent is not a skill.
    Actually it does take skill. You have 2 minutes to get the Champ down, and that takes skill. People aren't just standing still taking every hit. There is no room for error, and that's the problem I'm trying to highlight.
    Why should someone who focused more on keeping Health than taking Damage down win?
    Because that's how the points work. You don't seem to understand how BGs work.

You're basically arguing that a football team that scores 2 touchdowns should beat the team that scores 1 touchdown and kicks 3 field goals because touchdowns are cooler.
    I'm aware of how the Points work. You get more Points, you win. The allocation of those Points is what I'm discussing so that's redundant.
    In fact, with 30k for the K.O., that's the main focus. You call it nuke, I call it fighting to win.
    If your strategy was fighting to win...you would win more.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,087 ★★★★★
    The amazing part is that this situation must happen often, you have been "bothered" by this for months. Wake up man fight cleaner if it happens too often. Other players adjusted if others adjust and this thing happens often to you its obvious that YOU are the problem.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Zuko_ILC said:

If you lose after getting your KO, it means the other person dealt a significant ammount of damage while not getting hit. Why do you keep pretending the other person just danced across the screen the whole time.
    Yeah I don't understand that. If you play great have full health and get them down to 3% it should count for something for having a mostly clean fight.
    Its not just that, its the idea that a skilled player who blocked, dexed, avoid damage would not know how to play in a nukefest; as if nuking was a learned skill.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,328 ★★★★★

You're basically arguing that a football team that scores 2 touchdowns should beat the team that scores 1 touchdown and kicks 3 field goals because touchdowns are cooler.
    I'm aware of how the Points work. You get more Points, you win. The allocation of those Points is what I'm discussing so that's redundant.
    In fact, with 30k for the K.O., that's the main focus. You call it nuke, I call it fighting to win.
    Win the Fight. Take the other Champ down within 2 minutes, no matter what. That's the goal. Sometimes you take a hit in the process.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

Zuko_ILC said:

Its not just that, its the idea that a skilled player who blocked, dexed, avoid damage would not know how to play in a nukefest; as if nuking was a learned skill.
    That's true, I struggle in the Nuke metas because my playstyle is less agressive to get out of matches with most my health.
  • Options

Win the Fight. Take the other Champ down within 2 minutes, no matter what. That's the goal. Sometimes you take a hit in the process.
    And sometimes you take too many hits and lose to someone who didn't even get the 30k points for a KO
  • Options
    Your whole idea is based on the concept of beating the AI, which is the constant on every other part of the game. BGs is about beating the other PLAYER, thru skills and knowledge, NOT THE AI
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,523 ★★★★★

You use these extremes to make your terrible points. If you kill your opponent with 95% health remaining in 40 seconds and your opponent times out with 100% health left and their defender has 95% health left you will win by 30k points.

If you kill your opponent with 5 seconds left and have 1% health left, while your opponent times out with 100% health left and their opponent at 1% they will win.

In the middle of those extremes there are points awarded for a reason. It's not black and white .

Your argument that if you kill your opponent and they don't no matter what you win is your most ludicrous and illogical hill to die on I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Imagine. Someone who actually takes their opponent down would have more of a chance than someone who didn't.
    Ludicrous I'm sure.
  • Options

Imagine. Someone who actually takes their opponent down would have more of a chance than someone who didn't.
    Ludicrous I'm sure.

You are not taking down the opponent you are taking down the AI, this is not like 2 player Mortal Kombat, if that was the case YOU WOULD BE RIGHT, You are playing the AI and trying to score the most. There are E-Game tournaments for Street Fighter, they fight directly each other not an AI.
  • Options
    The opponent is the other Champ that I'm talking about.
    You also just made the point that it's the other Player we're trying to beat.
    Which stance are you taking?
  • Options
    edited October 2023

The opponent is the other Champ that I'm talking about.
    You also just made the point that it's the other Player we're trying to beat.
    Which stance are you taking?

The other player NOT THE AI, what part is not clear? Does your opponent control the defender? You should be thankful the answer is NO
    We? What we? I am trying to score you are trying to KO a defender.
  • Options
    I'm quite aware of how it works. I mean, thanks for the constant reiteration, but I got this.
  • Options
    No you are not aware of how it works, you would try to get hit less if you did.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

Wrong.

The goal is to score more points than your opponent. It's really not that hard to understand GW.
  • Options

I'm quite aware of how it works. I mean, thanks for the constant reiteration, but I got this.

If you were aware of how it works, you wouldn't have an issue with it for over 3 months 🤣
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Take the other Champ down within 2 minutes, no matter what. That's the goal.
    No. That's not the end all . That part. Part of the fight is also to reduce the damage taken. Champs like Korg and Attuma are build around dealing damage if the proper counter is not used. You need to strategize and play. And not getting hit is part of the criteria

Sometimes you take a hit in the process.
    And you pay the price for it.
  • Options

Take the other Champ down within 2 minutes, no matter what. That's the goal.
    No. That's not the end all . That part. Part of the fight is also to reduce the damage taken. Champs like Korg and Attuma are build around dealing damage if the proper counter is not used. You need to strategize and play. And not getting hit is part of the criteria

Sometimes you take a hit in the process.
    And you pay the price for it.

That's certainly the main focus. That's why it's 30k for Damage. So why should someone be penalized for playing to K.O.?
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,971 ★★★★★
    The matches are arbitrarily short because the mode needs them shorter for it to be playable. Saying you should win if you get a KO isn’t fair with such short timers. Even AQ map 5 gives 3 minutes for a fight.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    It's completely fair in my opinion. In AQ, War, and other higher-end modes, you're dealing with higher Attack and Health pools. Maybe not Map 5, but that's also a team mode.
  • Options
    Well scoring under 40-45K wont get u far even in VT
  • Options

I know how to play the game. You're missing the point.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Wow u beat warlock with hulkling and kitty with idoom 🤣
    Show the one where you got the KO and lost to a non KO.
    If you knew how to play the game you would accept the loss, acknowledge you played poorly and move on to the next match
    You should have stuck to non posting screenshots cause people ridicule you after.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,335 ★★★★★

If you knew how to play the game you would accept the loss, acknowledge you played poorly and move on to the next match
    He won’t do that. I asked him the same and he said I was condescending to even ask.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

He won’t do that. I asked him the same and he said I was condescending to even ask.
    I know.. and its based on this screenshot.

In which he claimed he should have won
    The "Skills" part at the bottom being a key point.
  • Options
    I like how the argument shifts when I prove I'm not a clod.
    Keep moving those goal posts.
  • Options

I like how the argument shifts when I prove I'm not a clod.
    Keep moving those goal posts.

It didn't shift, you are showing a screenshot that favors you instead of the one that shows why it "bothers" you
  • Options
    You've made several comments about how I can't get out of the GC, how I'm just eating hits, how below 40k-45k wouldn't help anyway, etc.
    Proof is proof. Stop taking cheap shots and actually focus on the discussion, or I'm just going to ignore your responses. I'm not here to get trolled.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

You've made several comments about how I can't get out of the GC, how I'm just eating hits, how below 40k-45k wouldn't help anyway, etc.
    Proof is proof. Stop taking cheap shots and actually focus on the discussion, or I'm just going to ignore your responses. I'm not here to get trolled.

Sorry you are feeling trolled.
    A rational person would use the screenshot that "bothers" him to prove a point. You are proving 2 good roundz, when it takes a lot more rounds to get to GC.
    I said 40-45k won't get you far, if you managed to play as well as the screenshot you have shown 60% of the time you wouldn't be bothered about the scoring system or the coin system would you?