**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BG Pain Points

Comments

• Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,375 ★★★★★

You can call it sloppy all you want, but if there was no K.O. on the other side, there's no room to criticize. It's Contest of Champions. Not Dancing with the Stars.

I probably missed but did you post a screen shot of the match you lost after KO’ing opponent? It may help if we can see if you would have won with the old system.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,559 ★★★★★

You can call it sloppy all you want, but if there was no K.O. on the other side, there's no room to criticize. It's Contest of Champions. Not Dancing with the Stars.

Again you act as if the other person just danced around not doing any dmg, when he actually did enough damage to beat your sloppy KO.
    And you are right its Marvel Contest of Champions, not Contest of Sloppy KOs, not taking damage matters.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Guys why you keep arguing with GW about something not arguable? He is wrong, and thats it lol.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,383 ★★★★★

Again you act as if the other person just danced around not doing any dmg, when he actually did enough damage to beat your sloppy KO.
    And you are right its Marvel Contest of Champions, not Contest of Sloppy KOs, not taking damage matters.
    Not really. Not when one side actually succeeds at the point of the Fight. To K.O. the opponent.
    Graves_3 said:

I probably missed but did you post a screen shot of the match you lost after KO’ing opponent? It may help if we can see if you would have won with the old system.
    No, I didn't. I don't need help counting.
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 426 ★★★
    edited October 2023

The system is not better if someone can win and not even take the Champ down versus someone that has. People can pat themselves on the back all they want about how fancy their footwork is, but they still didn't win the Fight. For all the complaining about participation trophies people do, it seems they pick and choose that argument.

What do you mean they didn't win the fight?

If someone got a K.O. and still lost the match that means the opponent at least got the defender down to 49% and maintained 100% of the attacker health (only way you'll get more than 30K points. For every % of additional health they lost they have to take at least 2% off the defender health. That's before considering the points from attacker health to the player who got a K.O. BG has the shortest time for a fight, in almost any other game mode, that player would have got a comfortable K.O.

If someone lost on points after getting a K.O. they played very aggressively and made a bunch of mistakes. It is very unlikely that they were the better player in that match. Current scoring system accurately captures that.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023

Zuko_ILC said:

Djin said:

It's nonsensical to suggest anything to the contrary as being reasonable to me and that's not going to change. So we might as well agree to disagree.
    If one Player K.O.s the opponent and the other doesn't, that should be the Win. Period.
    In any case, a K.O. Bonus isn't even what I suggested. I wanted the scoring to go back to the 15k for Time Bonus. You think it's fine the way it is, that's great. Thanks for your feedback. I'm not arguing in circles about it. I don't.

Seriously if you don't like the way BGs work then you don't have to play it. Go play AW or AQ or Arena or Incursion or explore some quest where KOing the opponent means you will win.

BG matches are based on 3 parameters: Defender Health, Attacker Health and Fight Time.
    This is what makes BG different from every other game mode.
    If you don't like it then don't play it.
    That's an asinine suggestion for a discussion opened to discuss ideas on how to improve it. I don't need to be told to play something else.
    I don't think making personal attacks to someone is healthy for the forums. I have seen you post multiple times saying the same thing to people. Not all game modes and content are made for all people to complete. You always have the option not to participate if you don't want to. If a player can't complete a game mode then they need to practice more and improve their skills or wait and build their roster to complete it.
    I'd like you to point out where I made a personal attack.
    You just called someone's opinion asinine because it differs than yours. That is a deragatory term "extremely stupid or foolish" isn't conducive or healthy for the forums and is against forum rules. To win a match there's 3 critera.

1. Health remaining player
    2. Health remaining opponent
    3. Time in match

All are skill related. If you barely survive your match with a KO and your opponent took them down to 1% they played with more skill. This is a competition. Without KOing the opponent you already lose the time bonus. You're being penalized already for not getting a KO.

If the game mode is that frustrating then maybe it isn't worth playing. Not all game modes and content are made for all people. BGs is 100% skill and knowledge based competition.
  • Options

Not really. Not when one side actually succeeds at the point of the Fight. To K.O. the opponent.
    Graves_3 said:

So you don't like the coin system
    You don't like the scoring system
    And you would like them both changed.
    Lets rename the game to Marvel Contest of GroundedWisdom and make sure you are successful.
    The Thread is about some pain points that are still bothering me. Are you here just because it's me? If so, you're not on topic.
    You disagree, I get it. Feel free to move on.
    Stature said:

The system is not better if someone can win and not even take the Champ down versus someone that has. People can pat themselves on the back all they want about how fancy their footwork is, but they still didn't win the Fight. For all the complaining about participation trophies people do, it seems they pick and choose that argument.

If someone got a K.O. and still lost the match that means the opponent at least got the defender down to 49% and maintained 100% of the attacker health (only way you'll get more than 30K points. For every % of additional health they lost they have to take at least 2% off the defender health. That's before considering the points from attacker health to the player who got a K.O. BG has the shortest time for a fight, in almost any other game mode, that player would have got a comfortable K.O.

If someone lost on points after getting a K.O. they played very aggressively and made a bunch of mistakes. It is very unlikely that they were the better player in that match. Current scoring system accurately captures that.
    That's precisely what I'm saying. For the record, I'd be satisfied if Time Bonus was reverted to what it was before the most recent reduction, but while we're on the subject, it's a fighting competition. To K.O. is to win the Fight. When both sides have done that, then the metrics should be used to determine the Winner. Not this "You won the Match but how good?" nonsense that allows one side to win the Match and still lose.
    Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Djin said:

It's nonsensical to suggest anything to the contrary as being reasonable to me and that's not going to change. So we might as well agree to disagree.
    If one Player K.O.s the opponent and the other doesn't, that should be the Win. Period.
    In any case, a K.O. Bonus isn't even what I suggested. I wanted the scoring to go back to the 15k for Time Bonus. You think it's fine the way it is, that's great. Thanks for your feedback. I'm not arguing in circles about it. I don't.

Seriously if you don't like the way BGs work then you don't have to play it. Go play AW or AQ or Arena or Incursion or explore some quest where KOing the opponent means you will win.

BG matches are based on 3 parameters: Defender Health, Attacker Health and Fight Time.
    That's an asinine suggestion for a discussion opened to discuss ideas on how to improve it. I don't need to be told to play something else.
    I don't think making personal attacks to someone is healthy for the forums. I have seen you post multiple times saying the same thing to people. Not all game modes and content are made for all people to complete. You always have the option not to participate if you don't want to. If a player can't complete a game mode then they need to practice more and improve their skills or wait and build their roster to complete it.
    You just called someone's opinion asinine because it differs than yours. That is a deragatory term "extremely stupid or foolish" isn't conducive or healthy for the forums and is against forum rules. To win a match there's 3 critera.

3. Time in match

All are skill related. If you barely survive your match with a KO and your opponent took them down to 1% they played with more skill. This is a competition. Without KOing the opponent you already lose the time bonus. You're being penalized already for not getting a KO.

If the game mode is that frustrating then maybe it isn't worth playing. Not all game modes and content are made for all people. BGs is 100% skill and knowledge based competition.
    Calling someone's claims asinine is not a personal attack.
  • Options

Graves_3 said:

Lets rename the game to Marvel Contest of GroundedWisdom and make sure you are successful.
    The Thread is about some pain points that are still bothering me. Are you here just because it's me? If so, you're not on topic.
    Stature said:

That's precisely what I'm saying. For the record, I'd be satisfied if Time Bonus was reverted to what it was before the most recent reduction, but while we're on the subject, it's a fighting competition. To K.O. is to win the Fight. When both sides have done that, then the metrics should be used to determine the Winner. Not this "You won the Match but how good?" nonsense that allows one side to win the Match and still lose.
    Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Djin said:

3. Time in match

That kind of behavior doesn't belong on the forums. You aren't allowed to call someone stupid because they have a different opinion.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILC said:

Graves_3 said:

Stature said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Djin said:

3. Time in match

That kind of behavior doesn't belong on the forums. You aren't allowed to call someone stupid because they have a different opinion.
    I'm here cause its an issue that both player and opponent are affected equally, pretty sure you lost and won matches due to the point system
    The moment you accept the match you are aware of how the point system works, getting a KO in a poor executed fight does not mean winning.
    I will also oppose any change that makes BGs "easier" and I am in favor of the late changes regardless of who creates the thread.
    Bother, not like, in disagreement call it what you want, your success rate is lowered by it, even if player and opponent play the same scoring system, the same "nitro charged" AI.
    Skill to pick an attacker does not trump skill to execute the fight.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILC said:

Graves_3 said:

Stature said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Djin said:

3. Time in match

Someone's thoughts, ideas, and views are not the same as the person. I can say that comment is asinine without saying the person is stupid. So you're twisting.
  • Options

Zuko_ILC said:

Graves_3 said:

Stature said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Djin said:

3. Time in match

I'm here cause its an issue that both player and opponent are affected equally, pretty sure you lost and won matches due to the point system
    The moment you accept the match you are aware of how the point system works, getting a KO in a poor executed fight does not mean winning.
    I will also oppose any change that makes BGs "easier" and I am in favor of the late changes regardless of who creates the thread.
    Bother, not like, in disagreement call it what you want, your success rate is lowered by it, even if player and opponent play the same scoring system, the same "nitro charged" AI.
    You quoted the wrong comment.
    I don't care if you're here or not. I'm just not arguing in circles with you. This isn't our first time.
  • Options

Zuko_ILC said:

Graves_3 said:

Stature said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Djin said:

3. Time in match

I don't care if you're here or not. I'm just not arguing in circles with you. This isn't our first time.
    Always evading main points? You think this is personal?
    You have skills on paper, when it comes to execute those skills you come up short. Picking and attacker and getting a KO and eating combos in the process is not a win, deal with it.
  • Options

Zuko_ILC said:

Graves_3 said:

Stature said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Djin said:

3. Time in match

Someone's thoughts, ideas, and views are not the same as the person. I can say that comment is asinine without saying the person is stupid. So you're twisting.
    You are just going on an angry rant attacking anyone that disagrees with you. This isn't healthy behavior on the forums and against the TOS. Please re-read them.
  • Options

Zuko_ILC said:

Graves_3 said:

Stature said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Djin said:

3. Time in match

You have skills on paper, when it comes to execute those skills you come up short. Picking and attacker and getting a KO and eating combos in the process is not a win, deal with it.
    I said I'm not going in circles with you. Everytime I comment on a Thread about BGs, this is what happens.
    This is my Thread, and I'm not doing it with you. I've made my viewpoints. You keep reiterating the same thing over and over. You think it's fine the way it is. I don't.
    Let it go, walk away, keep typing, I don't care. I'm having my discussion either way.
  • Options

Stature said:

A solo K.O. is not the only way to win a match. No other game mode demands this. Every other mode in the game gives you multiple attempts to bring down a defender. It allows you to chip down an opponent and revive your champ multiple times. If solo K.O. was the only way to win a fight, most of us here wouldn't have got to TB, let alone Paragon.

Anyone who wins on points without K.O. would have comfortably K.O.ed the defender in a longer fight. In almost every case, they are likely to be the better player in that match-up. Why should BG reward careless fighting over a smarter option?
  • Options
    Stature said:

Stature said:

A solo K.O. is not the only way to win a match. No other game mode demands this. Every other mode in the game gives you multiple attempts to bring down a defender. It allows you to chip down an opponent and revive your champ multiple times. If solo K.O. was the only way to win a fight, most of us here wouldn't have got to TB, let alone Paragon.

Anyone who wins on points without K.O. would have comfortably K.O.ed the defender in a longer fight. In almost every case, they are likely to be the better player in that match-up. Why should BG reward careless fighting over a smarter option?
    I think the format is pretty good. It rewards skill and is very fair. Changing the points for time was a very positive change for the game mode.
  • Options

Zuko_ILC said:

Graves_3 said:

Stature said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Djin said:

3. Time in match

I said I'm not going in circles with you. Everytime I comment on a Thread about BGs, this is what happens.
    This is my Thread, and I'm not doing it with you. I've made my viewpoints. You keep reiterating the same thing over and over. You think it's fine the way it is. I don't.
    Let it go, walk away, keep typing, I don't care. I'm having my discussion either way.
    And you can abide by the game parameters we all do and try to win matches that way.
  • Options
    Stature said:

Stature said:

This isn't the same as everest content or higher-end Stroy. There's a finite amount of time and a limited variation of strengths, coupled with Global Nodes that are shared by both sides. It's 2 minutes to best the other Player. Any Fight within the game has the ultimate objective of taking down the opponent. We're not playing to do a little Damage and avoid getting hit. We're playing to take the other Champ down, or get as close to it as possible.
    When one side accomplishes that and the other wins based on an external measurement, that's counterintuitive to anything else in the game. Health, Damage, Time, these should all be tie-breakers, honestly. If both sides take down the opponent, or if both K.O., then yes. The Stats should determine the Winner. If one takes down their side and the other doesn't, that's a clear Winner as far as I'm concerned.
    That's not really my major point. That would likely involve a K.O. Bonus. I wouldn't have any issue with that, but that wasn't my suggestion. My suggestion was to revert it back to what it was before they halved Time Bonus.
    When you're talking about fighting, the ultimate measure of skill is taking down the opponent. That's what fighting games are all about. Quite literally any I can think of. It's not just one measure of skill. It's the whole point of fighting.
  • Options

Stature said:

Stature said:

This isn't the same as everest content or higher-end Stroy. There's a finite amount of time and a limited variation of strengths, coupled with Global Nodes that are shared by both sides. It's 2 minutes to best the other Player. Any Fight within the game has the ultimate objective of taking down the opponent. We're not playing to do a little Damage and avoid getting hit. We're playing to take the other Champ down, or get as close to it as possible.
    When one side accomplishes that and the other wins based on an external measurement, that's counterintuitive to anything else in the game. Health, Damage, Time, these should all be tie-breakers, honestly. If both sides take down the opponent, or if both K.O., then yes. The Stats should determine the Winner. If one takes down their side and the other doesn't, that's a clear Winner as far as I'm concerned.
    That's not really my major point. That would likely involve a K.O. Bonus. I wouldn't have any issue with that, but that wasn't my suggestion. My suggestion was to revert it back to what it was before they halved Time Bonus.
    When you're talking about fighting, the ultimate measure of skill is taking down the opponent. That's what fighting games are all about. Quite literally any I can think of. It's not just one measure of skill. It's the whole point of fighting.
    But that's not the design of this game mode. Kabam developed it with a certain set of parameters. If they want to change it they will. If they don't then that's the game mode you get and it is optional to play it. Kabam isn't forcing anyone to participate in any game mode.
  • Options

Stature said:

Stature said:

What are you talking about? I'm not referring to any everest content. Even Act 1 doesn't need you to K.O. a defender on first attempt, neither does map 1 on AQ or any other mode. AW gives you a small bonus for a solo, just like BG does with the time bonus.

Why should BG reward a K.O. more than any other mode? No one has lost a BG match after getting a K.O., on points, unless they played very poorly.
  • Options
    I love discussions that talk a lot and don't propose anything other than a "rollback" to a previous state that was obviously changed for a reason. The argument at this point is "the change was unnecessary" and the reason? "i won matches before".
  • Options
    Stature said:

Stature said:

Stature said:

What are you talking about? I'm not referring to any everest content. Even Act 1 doesn't need you to K.O. a defender on first attempt, neither does map 1 on AQ or any other mode. AW gives you a small bonus for a solo, just like BG does with the time bonus.

Why should BG reward a K.O. more than any other mode? No one has lost a BG match after getting a K.O., on points, unless they played very poorly.
    I said the objective is to K.O. the opponent. You time out in War and AQ, and you lose half life. The Arena requires you to do it in one shot. No idea why you're focusing on not needing to one-shot on permanent content, but you're also not being compared to other Players there.
    Arguing that no one loses and K.O.s unless they played poorly is just an outside opinion. It's also subjective. I consider it less poor than not taking the other Champ down.
    In ANY content, the goal is to take the Champ down. You can't deny that. That's the point of fighting. This whole "played better played worse" is just a shift to Win for people who can't take the Champ down in 2 minutes. Point blank, period.
  • Options

Of course he starts this thread on the weekend so he can be toxic until it is closed on Monday.

I'm not being toxic at all. I'm having a discussion. Quite frankly I'm sick to death of every Thread on BGs being shut down by people who like to troll and spam. So I'm going to continue having the discussion I started and ignore it.
    People are allowed to communicate their thoughts whether you agree with them or not. That's what makes it a Forum.
  • Options

Stature said:

Stature said:

Stature said:

I said the objective is to K.O. the opponent. You time out in War and AQ, and you lose half life. The Arena requires you to do it in one shot. No idea why you're focusing on not needing to one-shot on permanent content, but you're also not being compared to other Players there.
    Arguing that no one loses and K.O.s unless they played poorly is just an outside opinion. It's also subjective. I consider it less poor than not taking the other Champ down.
    In ANY content, the goal is to take the Champ down. You can't deny that. That's the point of fighting. This whole "played better played worse" is just a shift to Win for people who can't take the Champ down in 2 minutes. Point blank, period.
    That's incorrect. The objective is to score more points than your opponent. Getting a KO isn't a requirement.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

This is annoying me i had the more health and yet he still won never gonna be able to move up with this rubbish happening i dont care what anyone says kabam bg is rigged and always will be

... You have 0 health left so does the opponent, the opponent did more damage, what are you even talking about?
    I am extremely satisfied that this type of players are the ones who support this thread.