**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

BG Pain Points

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Djin said:

Djin said:

Djin said:

If I survive for 2 mins against a champ like sasquatch bringing him close to KO without losing most of my health then I should win the match not my opponent for almost getting himself KOed while fighting my defender.

Disagree. It's a fighting competition. Not a Dexing competition.
    It's a competition. All the skills are equally important.
    If you're dancing around for 2 minutes and not taking the opponent down, then that isnt a greater measure of skill than taking down an R2 with half Health.
    If I keep dancing around without hitting them then I will obviously lose.
    The point is to hit them and not get hit.
    The point is to win the Fight, with Health remaining and Time remaining as a secondary measurement. Not to make the amount of Health you have left the main focus.
    We can argue until the cows come home, but if I can win the Fight and lose the Match, it's a broken measurement.
    But it is exactly how you describe. Winning the fight IS the primary target . No way is health on attacker the primary focus.

And what's your alternative scoring weightage? In contrast to the current 2:1:1?
    That's not true. If the system allows someone to K.O. the opponent but still lose to someone who hasn't based on Health remaining, then that's what you have.
    What's not true? Are you saying the 15k you get for keeping health is more than the 30k you get for killing the defender?

Also, second question, what's the alternative scoring weightage
    It's not true that Health remaining isn't more of a focus than taking down the opponent. Not when you can K.O. them and lose because the other Player danced around for 2 minutes. Pretty sure I already explained that.
    As for your second question, I also answered that. Time Remaining shouldn't have been reduced. There were still rare instances you could K.O. and still lose, but you'd have to have a pretty garbage Match for that.
    I'm also open to other ideas. The fact is, no game mode should decentivize actually taking down your opponent.
    Right. So you want to reinstate the 2:1:2. Didn't see that comment.

I don't think your last comment is correct. The game mode never de-incentivized taking down your opponent. It actually incentivizes you to do so by giving double the points if you KO the opponent. But you only do it by not taking so much damage to yourself that whatever points you get is lost
    It decentivizes Players who can actually manage to take the other Champ down because those who don't and have more Health remaining can win over them. This feels like we're going in circles.
    You used the word decentivize so many times that I actually had to check if such a word exists. As far as I know, it doesn’t. The correct word is disincentivize.
    "Irregardless", you know what I meant. Have some more fun.
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

Health remaining should account for something, but not to the extent it does, and the scoring is so tight now it's not even enjoyable.

The moment there is a point scoring system it stops being about KOs, its about scoring points.
    Really? I had no idea.
    The format of the Points system is what I'm discussing.
    Maat1985 said:

In boxing you can K.O and TKO your opponent as well as win by points, sometimes even dance around the opponent in the final rounds knowing you scored enough points to win.
    You can be a brawler or a surgeon, a win is a win.
    The scoring is fine the way it is, it enhances the strategic part of a defender pick.

It's not fine the way it is. It's counterintuitive to any other fighting aspect of this game. The object is to down your opponent.
    the objective is top play well. there are so many different abilities in champs where its not just aboput slap slap slap but tactical play, things like baiting specials where your fight can be slowed down by 30 seconds or more when defender won't play ball. things that are out of your control.
    it should not be a game mode where you are considered a pro by just going HAM, eating hits and nuking the defender down in 30 seconds.
    yes that can get you a win sometimes but that should not be the goal.
    it is to reward the skill of a player, and in this game skill is more about tactics than speed.
    if we had no draft and bans and you could literally place who you want you would have more of an argument. but due to the fact we are limited and controlled by rng who we can place and use that would not be good.
    sometimes you have no choice but to fight a thing with a sub par counter and if you get that thing down to 10% whilst still being on 90% you have played far better than your opponent who has killed your mystic spidey with his scorpion but is only on 20% hp left.
    Skill is also about making smart choices for counters that are able to K.O. the opponent within 2 minutes. It also takes skill to pull it off, especially in a game riddled with OP Champs as Defenders. The measure of skill isn't only wrapped up in the ability to avoid getting hit. Block Damage alone, honestly.
    skill is making a smart choice yes.

but when you factor in the whole bans and rng of deck draws this is not always possible.
    so sometimes (quite often) you just gotta do the best you can with what you have and that is very often using far from ideal counters.
    and when you have a far from ideal counter and take a good chunk of health off whilst losing little of your own is a much greater skill.

this is not a case of black and whit this is skillful play this is unskillful play.
    but skillful play deserves to be rewarded moreso than just putting your r2 hulk in and clapping everything in <30seconds.
    of curse when you can do that you deserve it if you win, but it is not the only way to get a win.</p>
    That's part of the nature of the competition. Before the reduction in Time Remaining Points, you could win by playing smarter. Now it's a rarity. There's more forms of skill than just avoiding any Damage. I'm sorry, but it takes skill to K.O. the opponent as well. Which also includes drafts and choices. You can't just brute force with any Champ.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

Zuko_ILC said:

They should get rid of the -1 and add # of wins instead. There really is no point besides selling victory shields. I never use em and won't buy them and make it into gc just fine but less skilled players can stay stuck in tiers which makes people give up trying. I understand the concept but when 60%+ players will nevet get into GC it makes them not even want to play bgs.

At the end of the day game modes are supposed to be fun.

The problem people have boils down to you are competing for the same rewards. You say 60% won't make it to gladiator. Not sure where you got that number but ok. 99% won't make it to masters in war. Yet they still play.

Bg is a highly competitive mode. It isn't a participation trophy more. Though it do get truly awesome rewards if you do nothing but go through the motions and even better if you actually practice and try to improve.
    It's simple math. Over 1.3m people play the game. You can google that to confirm. I was probably off by 30% as 130,000 people would have to make it to GC then. They have tiers for GC so it's still competitive. Uru doesn't get same rewards as celestial. Thought that was obvious.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,908 ★★★★★
    Picking the right attacker to KO the defender is pure theory crafting. If you lose due to low HP points you are pretty much brute forcing the KO due to poor perfomance.
    Seems a little contradictory to have the skill to pick the right attacker to KO and losing due to HP points.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,442 ★★★★★

If you lose due to low HP points you are pretty much brute forcing the KO due to poor perfomance.

Or, you fought someone who could only get your defender down to 50% health and then paused the game while you played until the end to actually KO your opponent.

KO’s should be the #1 factor, period.
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 581 ★★★
    GC is a huge pain actually, i can't understand how kabam allows that unbalanced matchmaking

players with +20 Rank 5 champs against my account with just 2 R5 in my deck, just faced the ISO8a Leader, i mean, come on kabam.
  • Options

Picking the right attacker to KO the defender is pure theory crafting. If you lose due to low HP points you are pretty much brute forcing the KO due to poor perfomance.
    Seems a little contradictory to have the skill to pick the right attacker to KO and losing due to HP points.

They're both examples of skill. That's my point. The entire game is based on theory crafting, as you put it. There are Champs with specific Abilities, and Nodes that go with it. Part of the game is being smart and knowing what to use and how to use it best. Within 2 minutes, it's not just about how to Dex your way out of getting hit.
  • Options

Maybe golivarez is actually grounded wis alt account

I have one Account on here, and one in the game. That's all I've ever had. I don't hide behind Alts to have conversations on here.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

If you lose due to low HP points you are pretty much brute forcing the KO due to poor perfomance.

Or, you fought someone who could only get your defender down to 50% health and then paused the game while you played until the end to actually KO your opponent.

That only brings me 30K points if I have 100% health remaining. If opponent KOed my defender they get straight 30k + time remaining+whatever health they have. They win I lose for not fighting.
    I need to bring them close to 0% with 90%+ health remaining for me get enough points.
  • Options
    Djin said:

BeastDad said:

That only brings me 30K points if I have 100% health remaining. If opponent KOed my defender they get straight 30k + time remaining+whatever health they have. They win I lose for not fighting.
    I need to bring them close to 0% with 90%+ health remaining for me get enough points.
    The point is you can pause and win without KO while your opponent can KO and lose.

Senseless.
  • Options

They're both examples of skill. That's my point. The entire game is based on theory crafting, as you put it. There are Champs with specific Abilities, and Nodes that go with it. Part of the game is being smart and knowing what to use and how to use it best. Within 2 minutes, it's not just about how to Dex your way out of getting hit.
    The game is based on theory crafting and executing that theory. Its not just dexing, its dexing and doing the most dmg possible. You make it sound as if the other person spent 2 mins dancing around the screen doing nothing which wouldnt explain why you would lose. The other person dexed as much as he could and did as much dmg as possible which is why the person carelessly getting a KO lost.
  • Options

The game is based on theory crafting and executing that theory. Its not just dexing, its dexing and doing the most dmg possible. You make it sound as if the other person spent 2 mins dancing around the screen doing nothing which wouldnt explain why you would lose. The other person dexed as much as he could and did as much dmg as possible which is why the person carelessly getting a KO lost.
    Yes, the most Damage possible. Careless K.O. is ridiculous. If both Players never downed the opponent, then absolutely. The Stats should determine the Win. If one took them down and one didn't, then the Win should go to the actual victor. Sorry not sorry.
  • Options
    BeastDad said:

Lol seriously, a KO lose to someone pausing after 50% dmg that is a seriously pitiful KO
  • Options
    Someone pausing? Huh?
    People pause to stay alive and keep Points, not to K.O.
    Which is also garbage if you ask me.
    You can call it pitiful if you like, but they still managed to take down the other Champ. Which is the ultimate objective in a fighting game.
  • Options

BeastDad said:

Lol seriously, a KO lose to someone pausing after 50% dmg that is a seriously pitiful KO
    Agreed, not KOing your opponent should never result in a win if the opponent KO’s theirs.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Someone pausing? Huh?
    People pause to stay alive and keep Points, not to K.O.
    Which is also garbage if you ask me.
    You can call it pitiful if you like, but they still managed to take down the other Champ. Which is the ultimate objective in a fighting game.

Its pitiful on both sides.
    No the ultimate objective in THIS game mode is scoring the most points.
    And the ultimate objective of most fighting games is hit without getting hit.
  • Options
    BeastDad said:

Djin said:

BeastDad said:

The point is you can pause and win without KO while your opponent can KO and lose.

Senseless.
    The way point system is setup I cannot find an opportunity where I can just pause the match and win. I just cannot seem to figure out how points will be distributed for that to happen. My opponent must have played worse than a newborn baby and finished the match at 1HP remaining for it to happen.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Yes, the most Damage possible. Careless K.O. is ridiculous. If both Players never downed the opponent, then absolutely. The Stats should determine the Win. If one took them down and one didn't, then the Win should go to the actual victor. Sorry not sorry.
    Sorry not sorry rofl, you are the one losing those matches and complaining, not sure where the "sorry not sorry" comes from.
    And can you claim with a 100% certainty that you have won 0 matches with the current scoring system?
  • Options
    Djin said:

BeastDad said:

Djin said:

BeastDad said:

Senseless.
    The way point system is setup I cannot find an opportunity where I can just pause the match and win. I just cannot seem to figure out how points will be distributed for that to happen. My opponent must have played worse than a newborn baby and finished the match at 1HP remaining for it to happen.
    What do you mean opportunity? It has happened to me already this season.

The point is, it shouldn’t be possible.
  • Options
    BeastDad said:

Djin said:

BeastDad said:

Djin said:

BeastDad said:

Senseless.

If it happened to you then you must have a screenshot of this moment. I would like to see how points were distributed.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    BeastDad said:

Djin said:

BeastDad said:

Djin said:

BeastDad said:

Senseless.

15k for your health
    15k for the defender health
    250 points per second

How on earth do you manage to lose to a pauser at 50% ish when the max he can score is 22500 points.... Only way would be you KO at the last second and ended up at 49% health...
    Are we really having an argument over matches won or lost at 22k ish points 🤣
  • Options

Sorry not sorry rofl, you are the one losing those matches and complaining, not sure where the "sorry not sorry" comes from.
    And can you claim with a 100% certainty that you have won 0 matches with the current scoring system?
    Who the hell said I won 0 Matches? I said I've lost a number when I took down the opponent, usually half a minute before the Fight ended, and lost because the other Player didn't take down their Champ but had more Health. That's ridiculous any way you look at it. You're fighting to take down the opponent. Same as any other Fight in this game. Arena, AW, AQ, Story, SQ, EQ, anywhere in the game. The point is to K.O. the other Champ. There should be no Loss to someone who didn't take theirs down when you did. Simple as that.
    If one side K.O.s the Champ and the other didn't, that should be a Win. If both sides did, the Stats should be the determining factor. It's not bloody Rocket Science. This whole idea that there should be some other comparison about a "good fight and a bad fight" is an outside issue. What determines that is a) did you take the Champ down, then b) how much Health do you have left, and finally c) how fast did you do it. We're not playing not to take Champs down. That doesn't exist anywhere else in the game.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Djin said:

Djin said:

Djin said:

If I survive for 2 mins against a champ like sasquatch bringing him close to KO without losing most of my health then I should win the match not my opponent for almost getting himself KOed while fighting my defender.

If you're dancing around for 2 minutes and not taking the opponent down, then that isnt a greater measure of skill than taking down an R2 with half Health.
    The point is to win the Fight, with Health remaining and Time remaining as a secondary measurement. Not to make the amount of Health you have left the main focus.
    We can argue until the cows come home, but if I can win the Fight and lose the Match, it's a broken measurement.
    But it is exactly how you describe. Winning the fight IS the primary target . No way is health on attacker the primary focus.

And what's your alternative scoring weightage? In contrast to the current 2:1:1?
    That's not true. If the system allows someone to K.O. the opponent but still lose to someone who hasn't based on Health remaining, then that's what you have.
    What's not true? Are you saying the 15k you get for keeping health is more than the 30k you get for killing the defender?

It's not true that Health remaining isn't more of a focus than taking down the opponent. Not when you can K.O. them and lose because the other Player danced around for 2 minutes. Pretty sure I already explained that.
    As for your second question, I also answered that. Time Remaining shouldn't have been reduced. There were still rare instances you could K.O. and still lose, but you'd have to have a pretty garbage Match for that.
    I'm also open to other ideas. The fact is, no game mode should decentivize actually taking down your opponent.

I don't think your last comment is correct. The game mode never de-incentivized taking down your opponent. It actually incentivizes you to do so by giving double the points if you KO the opponent. But you only do it by not taking so much damage to yourself that whatever points you get is lost
    It decentivizes Players who can actually manage to take the other Champ down because those who don't and have more Health remaining can win over them. This feels like we're going in circles.
    You never lose a match just because the opponent has more health than you. It also matters how much health you've taken off compared to the other person and how much health you've lost.
  • Options

Who the hell said I won 0 Matches? I said I've lost a number when I took down the opponent, usually half a minute before the Fight ended, and lost because the other Player didn't take down their Champ but had more Health. That's ridiculous any way you look at it. You're fighting to take down the opponent. Same as any other Fight in this game. Arena, AW, AQ, Story, SQ, EQ, anywhere in the game. The point is to K.O. the other Champ. There should be no Loss to someone who didn't take theirs down when you did. Simple as that.
    If one side K.O.s the Champ and the other didn't, that should be a Win. If both sides did, the Stats should be the determining factor. It's not bloody Rocket Science. This whole idea that there should be some other comparison about a "good fight and a bad fight" is an outside issue. What determines that is a) did you take the Champ down, then b) how much Health do you have left, and finally c) how fast did you do it. We're not playing not to take Champs down. That doesn't exist anywhere else in the game.
    I probably wan't clear on the question.
    You never won a match benefitting from the same thing you are complaining about?
    You never won a match that you couldn't KO because you had a cleaner fight?
    You have the skill to pick the right counter to get a KO, just not to use it right to avoid taking damage. You make it sound as if the other player just pranced around the screen not doing any damage at all.
    Fight slower and less sloppy, as you said you have the skill and knowledge to pick the attacksr that will counter the defender and get a KO, just clean it up.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,509 ★★★★★

You are wrong. 100% incorrect. Let's just assume that your goal is to win the match. If that is true your goal is to finish the match scoring more points 2 out of 3 rounds. Now does ko the champ help you with the point of this mode? Yes. But it isn't how the mode works or is scored.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

You are wrong. 100% incorrect. Let's just assume that your goal is to win the match. If that is true your goal is to finish the match scoring more points 2 out of 3 rounds. Now does ko the champ help you with the point of this mode? Yes. But it isn't how the mode works or is scored.
    I'm not wrong at all. Imagine. The person who actually won the Fight should win versus someone who didn't. In a competition, within a fighting game! Who would concoct such a thing?

Djin said:

Djin said:

Djin said:

You never lose a match just because the opponent has more health than you. It also matters how much health you've taken off compared to the other person and how much health you've lost.
    No one should win against a Player who managed to take the other Champ down, and they didn't.
  • Options
    It's nonsensical to suggest anything to the contrary as being reasonable to me and that's not going to change. So we might as well agree to disagree.
    If one Player K.O.s the opponent and the other doesn't, that should be the Win. Period.
    In any case, a K.O. Bonus isn't even what I suggested. I wanted the scoring to go back to the 15k for Time Bonus. You think it's fine the way it is, that's great. Thanks for your feedback. I'm not arguing in circles about it. I don't.
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 566 ★★★
    Bro’s got a lot of down time on his hands, holy.