**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BG Pain Points

Comments

• Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 866 ★★★★

Thecurler said:

Too much back and forth over same points to read the last 100+ posts,

I kind of agree with both sides.

Simple solution (apologies if someone already suggested this) would be to keep scoring the same but give some bonus points for the KO.

They’d have do some calculations to work out the most sensible number of bonus points.

The time left is the bonus.
    That makes sense. Still leaves a grey area if you ko but not particularly quickly and opponent doesn’t ko.

Personally I think bonus ko points would be better, simply because if you both ko, the bonus doesn’t affect the scoring anyway - you both get it.

I’m not suggesting for one minute that if you ko the defender and your opponent doesn’t, you should win. It’s more nuanced than that of course.

Just to be clear I’ve no issues with current scoring.
  • Options
    I know the example I’m about to give is subjective depending on your viewpoint.

If you ko the defender with 10 seconds and 20% health remaining you would lose the match to someone who takes 95% of the defender but finishes with 50% health (I haven’t checked the math on this but you get the point I’m trying to make).

This is a scenario where bonus ko points might help.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,554 ★★★★★
    Thecurler said:

If you ko the defender with 10 seconds and 20% health remaining you would lose the match to someone who takes 95% of the defender but finishes with 50% health (I haven’t checked the math on this but you get the point I’m trying to make).

I know what you mean, it happened to me. The difference is that I acknowledge I played poorly, take the loss and try to do better the next round or next match. I don't make excuses for 3 seasons.
  • Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 785 ★★★
    And are they ever going to fix the issue where it picks your first champ for you? That is so annoying!!!
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,529 ★★★★★

Thecurler said:

I know what you mean, it happened to me. The difference is that I acknowledge I played poorly, take the loss and try to do better the next round or next match. I don't make excuses for 3 seasons.

• Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Giving Gorr a taste of his own medicine.... Please don't report me... lol

• Options
    Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Sounds like GW is losing constantly to much smaller accounts. The only way his scoring system makes sense is if he is constantly killing 5* with his 6* or 7* but in the process losing the majority of his health. Meanwhile his opponent is fighting a r2 sassy with his 5*invisible woman or og cap and takes no damage but can't quite kill a 300k health pool in 2 minutes. So yeah skill issue.

Yeah, when I take an R2 Champ down in less than 2 minutes, and the other guy wins because he had more Health and a longer Fight, something is not right.
    How is something wrong? A clean fight and remaining health accounts for 15k point. Knocking out the opponent gives you 30k which is double.

If you knockout the opponent with 3% health and I get the opponent to 1% with 95% health I should win. I clearly played better in my match than you did.

I'm confused by what you don't understand about the scoring system. It rewards skill the most. This is a skill based competition. It makes perfect sense. If only knocking out the opponent mattered no one would want to play this mode. A lot of times you would lose even if you played lights out but didn't get the KO.
    He thought he should have won this match, there really isnt much to explain other than the frustration of not being able to win

One Match I gave a bad example on and you think that's what I'm talking about?
    That is not. I'm quite capable of counting Points, thanks.
    Your excuse was "I didnt want to kill him in 1 sp2 because i was scared to get reported"
    ROFL
    I don't believe that was the case. I said I lagged out and got dinged because he took 2 L2s.
    You questiones the other person's "skill" When using Doom against a shock immune and shrugger, claim you should have won because you killed it 20 seconds faster..
    Then say you didn't want to get reported for killing him too fast, and said you lag out, now you say it was 1 example you misused...
    That's like the perfect storm of excuses to lose rofl...

Why would anyone be worried about being reported if they aren't modding?
    Maybe the people "dancing around" dexing and using fancy footwork are scared of being reported and taking the fight slow 🤣
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 376 ★★★
    This isn't boxing. Can't even be compared to boxing. This isn't a PvP format. If it was, then yes, the person who KO's the other guy wins. BG's are two completely separate matches. The person who scores the most points points in their respective match wins the round.

We really don't start getting into scenarios where one person KO's and the other doesn't when you get in the 15-25k point range. In those situations, neither person played well and honestly, shouldn't be proud of their performance. Are we really arguing about the ins and outs of a scoring system in that situation?

I've had instances where I was cruising through a fight, took a risk, got KO'd and lost the fight despite the other guy having a health bar at 75% and the defender was at 50%. I don't have anyone to blame but myself. He won because I lost. Plain and simple. The scoring system works in the 40-50k+ range.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,383 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Sounds like GW is losing constantly to much smaller accounts. The only way his scoring system makes sense is if he is constantly killing 5* with his 6* or 7* but in the process losing the majority of his health. Meanwhile his opponent is fighting a r2 sassy with his 5*invisible woman or og cap and takes no damage but can't quite kill a 300k health pool in 2 minutes. So yeah skill issue.

Yeah, when I take an R2 Champ down in less than 2 minutes, and the other guy wins because he had more Health and a longer Fight, something is not right.
    How is something wrong? A clean fight and remaining health accounts for 15k point. Knocking out the opponent gives you 30k which is double.

If you knockout the opponent with 3% health and I get the opponent to 1% with 95% health I should win. I clearly played better in my match than you did.

I'm confused by what you don't understand about the scoring system. It rewards skill the most. This is a skill based competition. It makes perfect sense. If only knocking out the opponent mattered no one would want to play this mode. A lot of times you would lose even if you played lights out but didn't get the KO.
    He thought he should have won this match, there really isnt much to explain other than the frustration of not being able to win

Your excuse was "I didnt want to kill him in 1 sp2 because i was scared to get reported"
    ROFL
    I don't believe that was the case. I said I lagged out and got dinged because he took 2 L2s.
    You questiones the other person's "skill" When using Doom against a shock immune and shrugger, claim you should have won because you killed it 20 seconds faster..
    Then say you didn't want to get reported for killing him too fast, and said you lag out, now you say it was 1 example you misused...

What are you on about? I was talking about how strong his L2 is. You're grasping.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

ROFL

Because he's so good that he could legitimately be confused as being a bot. That's how good he is. He's amazing.
  • Options
    Vanitelia said:

This isn't boxing. Can't even be compared to boxing. This isn't a PvP format. If it was, then yes, the person who KO's the other guy wins. BG's are two completely separate matches. The person who scores the most points points in their respective match wins the round.

We really don't start getting into scenarios where one person KO's and the other doesn't when you get in the 15-25k point range. In those situations, neither person played well and honestly, shouldn't be proud of their performance. Are we really arguing about the ins and outs of a scoring system in that situation?

I've had instances where I was cruising through a fight, took a risk, got KO'd and lost the fight despite the other guy having a health bar at 75% and the defender was at 50%. I don't have anyone to blame but myself. He won because I lost. Plain and simple. The scoring system works in the 40-50k+ range.

That's exactly the problem. It shouldn't be a Loss. It's a fighting competition. People can argue until the cows come home because it benefits their own playstyle, but there is no Fight in the game where the objective to take down the Champ isn't the central focus. That should really trump here.
  • Options
    Thecurler said:

Thecurler said:

Too much back and forth over same points to read the last 100+ posts,

I kind of agree with both sides.

Simple solution (apologies if someone already suggested this) would be to keep scoring the same but give some bonus points for the KO.

They’d have do some calculations to work out the most sensible number of bonus points.

The time left is the bonus.
    That makes sense. Still leaves a grey area if you ko but not particularly quickly and opponent doesn’t ko.

Personally I think bonus ko points would be better, simply because if you both ko, the bonus doesn’t affect the scoring anyway - you both get it.

I’m not suggesting for one minute that if you ko the defender and your opponent doesn’t, you should win. It’s more nuanced than that of course.

Just to be clear I’ve no issues with current scoring.
    That could be a solution. I'm not opposed to it. We see the same thing in War, for taking a Boss down.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Vanitelia said:

That's exactly the problem. It shouldn't be a Loss. It's a fighting competition. People can argue until the cows come home because it benefits their own playstyle, but there is no Fight in the game where the objective to take down the Champ isn't the central focus. That should really trump here.
    It benefits a playstyle that it takes skills to do.
    It doesnt take much skills to block combos with the face.
  • Options

Vanitelia said:

Takes skill to take any size Champ down in 2 minutes.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Vanitelia said:

You would have taken it faster if you didn't lose time taking punches and even won the round.

It doesn't take a genius to know Human Torch can wreck Doom fast, it takes skills to actully dex his unblockable sp1s. You probably will argue that taking the sp1 will charge you faster 🤣

• Options

Vanitelia said:

You would have taken it faster if you didn't lose time taking punches and even won the round.

As opposed to not taking them down at all? I disagree with that approach.
  • Options

Vanitelia said:

As opposed to not taking them down at all? I disagree with that approach.
    Well you keep on blocking with your face, see how far that gets you.
    Skilled players adjust to the parameters, while you sit in a corner moping about it.
  • Options
    If you're just going to be rude, I'm not discussing it with you.
  • Options
    Rude is trolling someone's discussion.
  • Options

Rude is trolling someone's discussion.

I am discussing in a public forum. I will have my voice heard!!! Isn't that what you say usually?
    Well I'll agree to disagree.
    Funny how all your rantics and non sense can be used against your arguments
    -Learn to play within the Parameters
    -Your sloppy KOs won't get you wins.
    -The scoring system help the small accounts you speak for or defend so much.
    -Don't git gud, git BETTER
    -Humble down and realize that your 7-8 years in the game did not make you as skilled as you think you are.

• Options
    I already said we can agree to disagree, and you're continuing to try to get a rise out of me.
    Don't lecture me on decorum.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    I have some strategies and tactics that I barely see people mention which results in a very easy victory track experience. I might post a guide on it later on.

P.S. It really works:

• Options

Thecurler said:

I don’t disagree.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 376 ★★★

Vanitelia said:

But there is...it's called Battlegrounds.

Listen, I understand where you're coming from. I KO'd him...I won the fight. Yes, you won your fight, but the other guy won his fight as well. You don't need to KO someone to win.

Here's the other side of that. What would BG's look like if they did implement that change? Would the lower-tiered players have a chance? Would gameplay just be pop on LC/DE and nuke'em? Why didn't I win? I KO'd him in 15 seconds and the other guy did it in 45?
  • Options
    Vanitelia said:

Vanitelia said:

Listen, I understand where you're coming from. I KO'd him...I won the fight. Yes, you won your fight, but the other guy won his fight as well. You don't need to KO someone to win.

Here's the other side of that. What would BG's look like if they did implement that change? Would the lower-tiered players have a chance? Would gameplay just be pop on LC/DE and nuke'em? Why didn't I win? I KO'd him in 15 seconds and the other guy did it in 45?
    It would look like it looked like before they changed Time Remaining, which is what I wanted.
    What would it look like with something else, like a Kill Bonus?
    It would look like a competition to take out the opponent, like it is. It's a fighting game. The goal is to take out the opponent.
    If one side did that and the other didn't, then it really doesn't matter how "well" they played. They didn't take down their opponent.
    If both do, then how well they played would determine the Winner. If neither did, same thing.
    That's not that outlandish.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

Vanitelia said:

Vanitelia said:

It would look like it looked like before they changed Time Remaining, which is what I wanted.
    What would it look like with something else, like a Kill Bonus?
    It would look like a competition to take out the opponent, like it is. It's a fighting game. The goal is to take out the opponent.
    If one side did that and the other didn't, then it really doesn't matter how "well" they played. They didn't take down their opponent.
    If both do, then how well they played would determine the Winner. If neither did, same thing.
    That's not that outlandish.
    So KO is automatic win......even if you barely survive. Doesn't seem too fair.
  • Options
    It's absolutely fair. You want a chance to win, take down the Champ.